The Official Scottish Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
hp18

Re: The Official Scottish Rugby Thread

Post by hp18 »

OptimisticJock wrote:
jrp wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:Fat lad is at his sisters wedding tomorrow. Could be why Jackson is on the bench
Typical f**king woman - imagine getting married during the season when your brother is a pro rugby player - selfish cow.

BTW your stalking of the players is getting a wee bit creepy.
It was retweeted by the weegies
It's still creepy though.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Lorthern Nights wrote:Right gents, i expect a full and detailed match analysis after the game as i cant watch it as i will be in the air at the time, not impressed i land about half way through the second half so i expect to seeing a glowing report on all our lads as they finally deliver a result that their form has deserved.
What he said. Working until six and I'll be stressing every minute.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

hp18 wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
jrp wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:Fat lad is at his sisters wedding tomorrow. Could be why Jackson is on the bench
Typical f**king woman - imagine getting married during the season when your brother is a pro rugby player - selfish cow.

Don't you start, you're no better. Nor is JRP apparently. plum
jrp

Post by jrp »

OptimisticJock wrote:
hp18 wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
jrp wrote:

In your opinion :P
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

:lol:
hp18

Post by hp18 »

OptimisticJock wrote:
hp18 wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
jrp wrote:

I don't spend my time player stalking. And I almost never tweet. Jerpy does though, they're as you might expect :lol:
Edinburgh01

Post by Edinburgh01 »

According to my calculations (yes I am bored) 29.8k tickets sold for the Toulouse game.

Must be 30k plus as that does not include standing.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Edinburgh01 wrote:According to my calculations (yes I am bored) 29.8k tickets sold for the Toulouse game.

what are the capacities of each stand?
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

Edinburgh01 wrote:According to my calculations (yes I am bored) 29.8k tickets sold for the Toulouse game.

Superb :thumbup:
jrp

Post by jrp »

Suck on that Kovona ya bawbag.
Last edited by jrp on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

Fair weather fucks can all piss off. They will abandon us to our misery as soon as the HEC run is over.

Not that it will be after this match!! :D

I see the clowns aren't opening up the upper west stand.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Got to see the lst 15 minutes of that shite. Someone brave enough to give me the breakdown, player by player as well please.
friedchimp

Post by friedchimp »

hp18 wrote:Got to see the lst 15 minutes of that shite. Someone brave enough to give me the breakdown, player by player as well please.
You've got a couple of good players on your bench + 5 Matt Stevens
Edinburgh01

Post by Edinburgh01 »

BlackMac wrote:

Fair weather fucks can all piss off. They will abandon us to our misery as soon as the HEC run is over.

According to the ticket site it is open and many tickets sold.
Doc Rob

Post by Doc Rob »

The only positive I can take from that game is that I only watched the last 10 minutes of it live.

We appear to have fixed our inability to score tries (or at least partially) but now our set pieces and defence (which used to be our strength) are broken.

Murray won't play another international. The scrum at the end where we were tamely shunted off our own ball was just shameful. The lack of prop replacements is really worrying though. What's happened to Low?

It would be nice if AR would pick Scott to start v Italy, but he won't. De Luca will be picked at 13, Evans at 14, and I predict Italy by 5.
Bernies Corner

Post by Bernies Corner »

fudge me, you lot are a shambles. No wonder Dan Parks threw the towel in.
Edinburgh01

Post by Edinburgh01 »

Regardless of the fact Earls made a meal of it, Evans should be dropped for the stupidity of his actions. There was no way Earl was getting there, so let him go. But Evans has no rugby brain so why would he think of that.

Can't be arsed talking about that, apart from hoping the various injured players are OK.
Smutley

Post by Smutley »

hp18 wrote:Got to see the lst 15 minutes of that shite. Someone brave enough to give me the breakdown, player by player as well please.
Worst peformance of the 6N. All the usual shite, except in spades. A couple of decent drives early on, then it was side-to-side, get manshamed by Ferris, ended with knock on or turnover. Kicking from hand was woeful. Restarts a f**king joke, ours and theirs. Scrum was ATF, though I think that replacing Kellock is more urgent than Murray. Back three have no idea about defence. Back 7 have little idea about defence. Front row was outplayed, back row were second best by some way. At one point we had a 6 playing 8, an 8 playing 6, and a 7 playing 6.

Number one priority for me is to shore up the defence, that was pretty shocking today.
openclashXX

Post by openclashXX »

How long till SRU sack AR and bring in a Kiwi?
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

redderneck wrote:If you lads don't beat us and do so relatively handily this Saturday, then you run the risk of undermining completely the progress which has been made. No nods to mockers Gods there. I quite fancy you to do a lot of damage.
Apols for crassness of quoting myself, but oh dearie me. I thought you'd have our measure up front. Not sure whether to be annoyed with my lack of belief in my team or to just ponder where the hell Scotland go from here?

There were precious few positives for Andy Robinson out of that eighty.
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

T fecking CUP, simple decisions as certain times are killing us.

KW touched on it at half time, but at 10-6, 2 set pieces, 2 penalties, you have the ref on the other teams back, and he has told them the next infringement is a yellow, do you keep the pressure on them, another line out, drill it out, force a score or a YC, er no, take the penalty kick and lose the fecking momentum with the ref, why

you've just scored, 14 takes the mark, does he take the punt, or tap and pass it back 10 meters, and put pressure on the receiver to kick, okay, he wants a better angle, but its un-necessary pressure, why.

there are some players with numerous caps out there, but they are playing as young heads on old shoulders imho
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Smutley wrote:
Worst peformance of the 6N. All the usual shite, except in spades. A couple of decent drives early on, then it was side-to-side, get manshamed by Ferris, ended with knock on or turnover. Kicking from hand was woeful. Restarts a f**king joke, ours and theirs. Scrum was ATF, though I think that replacing Kellock is more urgent than Murray. Back three have no idea about defence. Back 7 have little idea about defence. Front row was outplayed, back row were second best by some way. At one point we had a 6 playing 8, an 8 playing 6, and a 7 playing 6.

Number one priority for me is to shore up the defence, that was pretty shocking today.
Arsebiscuits.

Changes?

And wtf happened to NDL?
jrp

Post by jrp »

Doc Rob wrote:The only positive I can take from that game is that I only watched the last 10 minutes of it live.

We appear to have fixed our inability to score tries (or at least partially) but now our set pieces and defence (which used to be our strength) are broken.

Murray won't play another international. The scrum at the end where we were tamely shunted off our own ball was just shameful. The lack of prop replacements is really worrying though. What's happened to Low?

It would be nice if AR would pick Scott to start v Italy, but he won't. De Luca will be picked at 13, Evans at 14, and I predict Italy by 5.
I agree Murray is a busted flush now - but the scrum really went to shit when Hamilton went off.

Low is injured.

The performance today summed up our main problem - our players make stupid decisions when under pressure - simple as that.

If it wasn't for all our injuries that useless brainless plum Lamont should never play another match for us - 2 tries he was responsible for, the first he was awol as they came round his wing and the second was a disgrace, the plum should have been YCd.
jax7

Post by jax7 »

Smutley wrote:

Steadman must be having a right old chuckle...if he is not involved anymore that is...
Doc Rob

Post by Doc Rob »

jrp wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:The only positive I can take from that game is that I only watched the last 10 minutes of it live.

I agree Murray is a busted flush now - but the scrum really went to shit when Hamilton went off.

Low is injured.

The performance today summed up our main problem - our players make stupid decisions when under pressure - simple as that.

If it wasn't for all our injuries that useless brainless plum Lamont should never play another match for us - 2 tries he was responsible for, the first he was awol as they came round his wing and the second was a disgrace, the plum should have been YCd.
I agree with you - unforced errors have been our Achilles heel for many years now. It's so frustrating - our players can do the basics properly for their clubs but seem to panic in a Scotland shirt. I suppose part of it is that a losing run is bad for confidence, and underconfident players will make bad decisions. What on earth do we do about it? Well, we have a new defensive coach (who nobody seems to rate, but hey ho). Clearly we need a new attack coach too. I feel sorry for AR (crap selections and all). We are actually playing better rugby than a year or two ago, but the results are the same as ever.
Moustache Attack

Post by Moustache Attack »

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby/top ... -1-2166371

this is good for Scotland but fudge me Glasgow are screwed :x

at least you got your wish hp
hp18

Post by hp18 »

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby/top ... -1-2166371

this is good for Scotland but fudge me Glasgow are screwed :x

at least you got your wish hp[/quote]
:D :D It's like being handed the keys to Alton Towers 8) ............

During the closed season...............

And the rides will be blown up in front of you...........

f**king toonie :(

You never know, maybe it'll be the making oif him.........
jrp

Post by jrp »

Where the fudge is Lineen going though :(
Doc Rob

Post by Doc Rob »

Don't really care where Lineen is going, the main thing is that Toonie won't be Scotland's attack coach any more. Thank fudge.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Doc Rob wrote:Don't really care where Lineen is going, the main thing is that Toonie won't be Scotland's attack coach any more. Thank fudge.
You don't care? Consider this, we've had a shite 6Ns, mighty mouse was demanding results from the off and now a Scottish coach with many years pro experience is on the market.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Any word on the injuries? And what happened to NDL?
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

It's written in the stars.
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

Haven't watched the game back yet, but amongst the ruins of our poorest performance of the championship so far how will the players react from here? Ireland were the superior team, but without BOD and POC I feel they had it too easy. The brainfarts in defence were laughable, the second try particularly galling when you see the replay of Lamont trying to shoulder charge reddan onto touch. Laidlaw and Jones have brought the attacking threat we long for but are now targeted for their weaker defence, I'd like to see it again but I feel Jones should have stopped their third.

And the scrum...I knew it would be tough for us bit we're really getting f**ked at the moment. Jacobsen needs, needs some competition. Murray is past it too. Give Welsh a go v the eye ties.

Why sub Laidlaw? Looked to me like he was doing ok, and jackson was utter mince, shite kicks and hospital passes that cost us. To those who questioned his selection ahead of Weir, well called. Morisson did well to snuff out there try but I counted a couple of occasions on the first half when I was screaming for him to move the ball out, and what does he do.

The ref. Thought he was ok, and don't want to dwell on dives or particular moments, but I feel he should have carded the Irish for the continual pens. He warned them in the first half, then warned them again in the second. wtf is that, last I checked a warning followed by another pen infringement is followed by a yellow.

Ah well, probably wouldn't have made any difference cos we were shite and deserved a beating. Uncomfortable feeling about Rome now. Defeat there and we can probably say bye bye to the precious 8th ranking position.

On the plus side. Richie's try was awesome (Get it right up ye Kearney), Denton carried well, Ford too but not enough. Good to see Scott get on too. Might we see him again in Rome?
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

Edinburgh01 wrote:
BlackMac wrote:

According to the ticket site it is open and many tickets sold.
Really?
I got an e-mail from them saying that because the east and lower north and south were sold out they were opening up the upper north and south and corners. No mention of the west at all.
Moustache Attack

Post by Moustache Attack »

hp18 wrote:Any word on the injuries? And what happened to NDL?
Jones will be released from hospital later today. NDL injured his hamstring before the match, no update on that yet.

Jrp, how would this be for Edinburgh fans. Robbo out, Bradley to Scotland, Lineen to Edinburgh! :lol:

At least Matt Taylor is joining Townsend at Glasgow so at least it's not all bad. Maybe they could get Beattie Jnr back to his best.
jrp

Post by jrp »

Doc Rob wrote:Don't really care where Lineen is going, the main thing is that Toonie won't be Scotland's attack coach any more. Thank fudge.
He could end up with Scotland - that is my main concern.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Jones update from the IT :
irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:01
Jones remains in hospital

Lee Jones of Scotland is knocked out in a tackle against Andrew Trimble of Ireland during the Six Nations match at the Aviva Stadium. Photograph: Warren Little/Getty Images
Rugby: Scotland wing Lee Jones is making "good progress" following the head injury which forced him from the field in last night's 32-14 Six Nations loss to Ireland, team doctor James Robson has said. The 23-year-old Edinburgh back, who was winning his fourth cap, was taken off following a sickening clash of heads with opposite number Andrew Trimble.

The incident occurred during the 62nd minute when Ireland scrambled furiously inside their own 22, with Jones collapsing instantly from the collision before receiving prompt medical attention. Scotland team doctor Robson said on scotlandrugbyteam.org: "Lee took a blow to the head which resulted in a severe concussion.

"He remained in St Vincent's Hospital, Dublin, overnight in the care of consultant John Ryan. He has made good progress overnight and will stay in hospital this morning until the consultant is happy for him to be released. He is scheduled to travel back to Scotland tomorrow.

"We would like to thank John and his team for the expert help given to us."

Jones is now likely to be a major doubt as Scotland travel to Italy next weekend seeking to end a run of six successive Test losses to avoid the wooden spoon. The Scotland squad are scheduled to return to Edinburgh this afternoon to begin preparations for Rome, with four other players set to require further medical attention.

Scotland head coach Andy Robinson is scheduled to name his team for the Italy clash on Wednesday.
Coo

Post by Coo »

:(
jrp

Post by jrp »

What's the chat Coo?

Why punt Lineen when it looks like he might get Glasgow to another play-off place?
Coo

Post by Coo »

jrp wrote:What's the chat Coo?

Why punt Lineen when it looks like he might get Glasgow to another play-off place?
It's tough isn't it. I've never particularly liked the style he has played and I think he has mishandled a few players, but he has over achieved in my opinion. I've no inside line at all though.

My glum face is just about Scottish rugby.