Chat Forum
It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 4:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Ran comes across as a bit of a charlatan on Twitter.

Bimbo, you claim Bitcoin has no value. I'd wager the Venezuelans using it to survive would disagree. I've used Bitcoin around 10 times this week so I naturally find it to have significant value on a personal level as well.



What did you buy with Bitcoin this week ?


Cashed out of various online sportsbooks and deposited to others to take advantage of bonuses and be better capitalized at some.



We have online gambling legalised here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8555
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Ran comes across as a bit of a charlatan on Twitter.

Bimbo, you claim Bitcoin has no value. I'd wager the Venezuelans using it to survive would disagree. I've used Bitcoin around 10 times this week so I naturally find it to have significant value on a personal level as well.



What did you buy with Bitcoin this week ?


Cashed out of various online sportsbooks and deposited to others to take advantage of bonuses and be better capitalized at some.



We have online gambling legalised here.


Sports betting is legal in the US as well. Offshore books still offer some of the best odds around (UK books are a hellscape) and a greater variety of events. In any case, what does the legality of sports betting in the UK have to do with the fact that Bitcoin has a specific use case that gives it part of its value, which you previously claimed didn't exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12043
bimboman wrote:
That makes it even more likely the fed will not let happen uncontrolled.


I'm just glad you're back on this fred and not getting your arse handed to you on the Brexit one anymore. :((


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
Sorry, bitcoins great for illegal spending. That’s the use it has, you’ll
Me drug dealers like it as well next.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
sorCrer wrote:
bimboman wrote:
That makes it even more likely the fed will not let happen uncontrolled.


I'm just glad you're back on this fred and not getting your arse handed to you on the Brexit one anymore. :((



Yeah, I’m glad you’ve made your billions and are still in the stack.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21647
bimboman wrote:
Sorry, bitcoins great for illegal spending. That’s the use it has, you’ll
Me drug dealers like it as well next.


Overdid the wine mate. That post is barely legible


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8555
bimboman wrote:
Sorry, bitcoins great for illegal spending. That’s the use it has, you’ll
Me drug dealers like it as well next.


Bitcoin is great for censorship-resistant spending. Glad you've come around to the fact that Bitcoin does have value, though. BTW, it's not good for drug dealers since it leaves a very public paper trail.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
sewa wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sorry, bitcoins great for illegal spending. That’s the use it has, you’ll
Me drug dealers like it as well next.


Overdid the wine mate. That post is barely legible



Not had a drop. Just a phone typo . I’m not “mate” btw I think you’re loathsome.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sorry, bitcoins great for illegal spending. That’s the use it has, you’ll
Me drug dealers like it as well next.


Bitcoin is great for censorship-resistant spending. Glad you've come around to the fact that Bitcoin does have value, though. BTW, it's not good for drug dealers since it leaves a very public paper trail.



I’d expect your gambling profits to be hit eventually....

If you don’t think drug dealer aren’t using crypto, would you like to buy a bridge?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8555
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sorry, bitcoins great for illegal spending. That’s the use it has, you’ll
Me drug dealers like it as well next.


Bitcoin is great for censorship-resistant spending. Glad you've come around to the fact that Bitcoin does have value, though. BTW, it's not good for drug dealers since it leaves a very public paper trail.



I’d expect your gambling profits to be hit eventually....

If you don’t think drug dealer aren’t using crypto, would you like to buy a bridge?


You'll have to tell me what you mean by "hit".

Drug dealers are definitely using crypto, but this topic is specifically about Bitcoin. Drug dealers are much more likely to use Monero or other privacy-focused cryptos.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sorry, bitcoins great for illegal spending. That’s the use it has, you’ll
Me drug dealers like it as well next.


Bitcoin is great for censorship-resistant spending. Glad you've come around to the fact that Bitcoin does have value, though. BTW, it's not good for drug dealers since it leaves a very public paper trail.



I’d expect your gambling profits to be hit eventually....

If you don’t think drug dealer aren’t using crypto, would you like to buy a bridge?


You'll have to tell me what you mean by "hit".

Drug dealers are definitely using crypto, but this topic is specifically about Bitcoin. Drug dealers are much more likely to use Monero or other privacy-focused cryptos.



If there's a public paper trail I'd expect the authorities to be monitoring them, if not now eventually.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8555
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sorry, bitcoins great for illegal spending. That’s the use it has, you’ll
Me drug dealers like it as well next.


Bitcoin is great for censorship-resistant spending. Glad you've come around to the fact that Bitcoin does have value, though. BTW, it's not good for drug dealers since it leaves a very public paper trail.



I’d expect your gambling profits to be hit eventually....

If you don’t think drug dealer aren’t using crypto, would you like to buy a bridge?


You'll have to tell me what you mean by "hit".

Drug dealers are definitely using crypto, but this topic is specifically about Bitcoin. Drug dealers are much more likely to use Monero or other privacy-focused cryptos.



If there's a public paper trail I'd expect the authorities to be monitoring them, if not now eventually.


I already report and pay taxes on my winnings so there is nothing to "hit".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
Cool, do you think that's common with gamblers using offshore sites. ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21647
bimboman wrote:
sewa wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sorry, bitcoins great for illegal spending. That’s the use it has, you’ll
Me drug dealers like it as well next.


Overdid the wine mate. That post is barely legible



Not had a drop. Just a phone typo . I’m not “mate” btw I think you’re loathsome.


I am so far under your skin its hilarious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
sewa wrote:
bimboman wrote:
sewa wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sorry, bitcoins great for illegal spending. That’s the use it has, you’ll
Me drug dealers like it as well next.


Overdid the wine mate. That post is barely legible



Not had a drop. Just a phone typo . I’m not “mate” btw I think you’re loathsome.


I am so far under your skin its hilarious



:lol, what ever it takes for you to get through the night. I'm currently sitting in your front room, drinking your beer....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8555
bimboman wrote:
Cool, do you think that's common with gamblers using offshore sites. ?


The vast majority of gamblers are losing players so have nothing to report. I can't say for sure but I think most pros/sharps are reporting their winnings. Remind me what any of that has to do with Bitcoin's value again?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Cool, do you think that's common with gamblers using offshore sites. ?


The vast majority of gamblers are losing players so have nothing to report. I can't say for sure but I think most pros/sharps are reporting their winnings. Remind me what any of that has to do with Bitcoin's value again?



We're discussing its inherent value as a transaction aid. I was asking what use it has, you've assured me in the 4 years it's nominal value has rocketed it is still only being used for rather dubious trades.

I was wrong though it does have uses.

I surprised your still working though; $250 - $7,500 should have seen you retired.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12043
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Cool, do you think that's common with gamblers using offshore sites. ?


The vast majority of gamblers are losing players so have nothing to report. I can't say for sure but I think most pros/sharps are reporting their winnings. Remind me what any of that has to do with Bitcoin's value again?



We're discussing its inherent value as a transaction aid. I was asking what use it has, you've assured me in the 4 years it's nominal value has rocketed it is still only being used for rather dubious trades.

I was wrong though it does have uses.

I surprised your still working though; $250 - $7,500 should have seen you retired.


I have at 49 kinda semi-retired as I still get royalties on software. Although to be frank, I did at $16k so am down 2/3rds since then. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
sorCrer wrote:
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Cool, do you think that's common with gamblers using offshore sites. ?


The vast majority of gamblers are losing players so have nothing to report. I can't say for sure but I think most pros/sharps are reporting their winnings. Remind me what any of that has to do with Bitcoin's value again?



We're discussing its inherent value as a transaction aid. I was asking what use it has, you've assured me in the 4 years it's nominal value has rocketed it is still only being used for rather dubious trades.

I was wrong though it does have uses.

I surprised your still working though; $250 - $7,500 should have seen you retired.


I have at 49 kinda semi-retired as I still get royalties on software. Although to be frank, I did at $16k so am down 2/3rds since then. :lol: :lol: :lol:



Sell half to keep half etc !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 35902
Location: Planet Rock
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Ran comes across as a bit of a charlatan on Twitter.

Bimbo, you claim Bitcoin has no value. I'd wager the Venezuelans using it to survive would disagree. I've used Bitcoin around 10 times this week so I naturally find it to have significant value on a personal level as well.



What did you buy with Bitcoin this week ?

Venezuela


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8555
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Cool, do you think that's common with gamblers using offshore sites. ?


The vast majority of gamblers are losing players so have nothing to report. I can't say for sure but I think most pros/sharps are reporting their winnings. Remind me what any of that has to do with Bitcoin's value again?



We're discussing its inherent value as a transaction aid. I was asking what use it has, you've assured me in the 4 years it's nominal value has rocketed it is still only being used for rather dubious trades.

I was wrong though it does have uses.

I surprised your still working though; $250 - $7,500 should have seen you retired.


:lol: My favorite part of your snark is how confident you are in it and how you're wrong almost every time because you just make shit up and hope it sticks.

Skyrocketed value in 4 years? What a strange timeline to use given 2014 was a bear market and 2013 was not.

Only being used for rather dubious trades? Interesting moral judgment after you proudly explained that online gambling was legal in the UK. Of course that was just one use case. Feel free to google "Bitcoin Venezuela" for a more important demonstrated use case. Or even understand that its primary use, particularly in the West, right now is as a hedge against inflation and bad governance, basically gold 2.0.

As for $250-$7500, you are once again making this us as you go. I only became a BTC holder in 2017 when the online sportsbooks really started accepting it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Cool, do you think that's common with gamblers using offshore sites. ?


The vast majority of gamblers are losing players so have nothing to report. I can't say for sure but I think most pros/sharps are reporting their winnings. Remind me what any of that has to do with Bitcoin's value again?



We're discussing its inherent value as a transaction aid. I was asking what use it has, you've assured me in the 4 years it's nominal value has rocketed it is still only being used for rather dubious trades.

I was wrong though it does have uses.

I surprised your still working though; $250 - $7,500 should have seen you retired.


:lol: My favorite part of your snark is how confident you are in it and how you're wrong almost every time because you just make shit up and hope it sticks.

Skyrocketed value in 4 years? What a strange timeline to use given 2014 was a bear market and 2013 was not.

Only being used for rather dubious trades? Interesting moral judgment after you proudly explained that online gambling was legal in the UK. Of course that was just one use case. Feel free to google "Bitcoin Venezuela" for a more important demonstrated use case. Or even understand that its primary use, particularly in the West, right now is as a hedge against inflation and bad governance, basically gold 2.0.

As for $250-$7500, you are once again making this us as you go. I only became a BTC holder in 2017 when the online sportsbooks really started accepting it.



Wrong about what ? It being used for anything in the mainstream ? It's intrinsic value ?

I make no moral judgement but bit coin isn't going to be a payment method used, it isn't going to change the world and eventually it will collapse.

As of Venuzaula , that's another reason it's adoption in the west will be controlled not made more widespread.

Good for you on gambling , but don't equate that with the actual real world,of commerce we were promised over the now years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37132
When the revolution is upon us in the second term of Trump, you will be forced to the fields and will bend into the plough goeagles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 35902
Location: Planet Rock
One day people will be able to buy a big mac for 1 bitcoin. It's here to stay


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37132
Anonymous. wrote:
One day people will be able to buy a big mac for 1 bitcoin. It's here to stay


Probably. Nothing escapes the taxman though, so that needs to be worked out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12043
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
One day people will be able to buy a big mac for 1 bitcoin. It's here to stay


Probably. Nothing escapes the taxman though, so that needs to be worked out.


Has to be declared to the Receiver here. I think in the US too?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5690
Location: Florida
Gambing is not real commerce ???

Have you not seen picture of vegas , etc?

What is real commerce in your opinion ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
argus wrote:
Gambing is not real commerce ???

Have you not seen picture of vegas , etc?

What is real commerce in your opinion ?



Can you use bitcoin in Vegas ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12043
bimboman wrote:
argus wrote:
Gambing is not real commerce ???

Have you not seen picture of vegas , etc?

What is real commerce in your opinion ?



Can you use bitcoin in Vegas ?


I don't think for gambling directly but there are Bitcoin ATM's at some casinos.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5690
Location: Florida
bimboman wrote:
argus wrote:
Gambing is not real commerce ???

Have you not seen picture of vegas , etc?

What is real commerce in your opinion ?



Can you use bitcoin in Vegas ?


Does not matter

You said that gaming is not real commerce which obviously it is


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
argus wrote:
bimboman wrote:
argus wrote:
Gambing is not real commerce ???

Have you not seen picture of vegas , etc?

What is real commerce in your opinion ?



Can you use bitcoin in Vegas ?


Does not matter

You said that gaming is not real commerce which obviously it is



Have you seen pictures of the off shore sports books ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5690
Location: Florida
I can not follow your logic

This is a potential payment method

Previously people were paid in cash, then check then direct deposit

Credit cards were not always used and some places still do not accept them

Other places accept payment in Apple Pay, venmo, etc

This may or may not be more widely accepted in the future

But to dismiss it because you do not think gaming is not real commerce is strange


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12615
Location: Best country in the world.
Bumpy day...
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/05/bitcoin ... plans.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12043
The Sun God wrote:


Has been. Managed to sell on the that news and get in 3.5% cheaper.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12615
Location: Best country in the world.
sorCrer wrote:
The Sun God wrote:


Has been. Managed to sell on the that news and get in 3.5% cheaper.


I think I might have stayed short a little longer to see where the land lays....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12043
The Sun God wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
The Sun God wrote:


Has been. Managed to sell on the that news and get in 3.5% cheaper.


I think I might have stayed short a little longer to see where the land lays....


I do have an XRP order at 0.293 so will see if the 0.3 gets broken. Looks hesitant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
sorCrer wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
The Sun God wrote:


Has been. Managed to sell on the that news and get in 3.5% cheaper.


I think I might have stayed short a little longer to see where the land lays....


I do have an XRP order at 0.293 so will see if the 0.3 gets broken. Looks hesitant.



Do you bank any of your profits ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12043
bimboman wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
The Sun God wrote:


Has been. Managed to sell on the that news and get in 3.5% cheaper.


I think I might have stayed short a little longer to see where the land lays....


I do have an XRP order at 0.293 so will see if the 0.3 gets broken. Looks hesitant.


Do you bank any of your profits ?


I do but probably not as often or as much as I should. Roughly 15% of my portfolio is in crypto which I'm aware is a lot. I earn software royalties and will (all being well) for the rest of my life ao rely on that and some coding to bring in money whilst I think of software to develop. I can code practically anything consumer facing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 62423
Cool. That's money in the bank.

Buy some real assets though, things you can touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 15953
sorCrer wrote:
The Sun God wrote:


Has been. Managed to sell on the that news and get in 3.5% cheaper.

Would it be in the East where the first affects of a crypto crash are felt? Do you read the relevant forums coming out of Japan, China and South Korea? I assume one would need the language skills for that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boomslang, CrazyIslander, Dark, Nieghorn, sonic_attack, UncleFB, Wignu, Working Class Rugger and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group