Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

All things Rugby
User avatar
Sefton
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Sefton »

Hogg - 3
Doesn't even look a starter for Taranaki Under-9 girls, never mind the British and Irish Lions, poor handling, poor passing, bounced off in the tackle.
Watson - 5
Looked the most threatening winger, took his try well
Joseph - 4
Decent hands and linked well but missed too many tackles
Te'o - 6
Looked strong carrying and in the tackle, almost tailor made for Gatlandball.
Seymour - 4
Anonymous, although given the service it was difficult for him to be anything but.
Sexton - 3
Poor passing, poor kicking from hand, little control. Wind your neck in Statto
Laidlaw - 3
Glacial
Marler - 4
The epitome of mediocre in this game when he should have been putting his hand up, couldn't make an impact against a low grade scratch scrum.
Best - 6
Showed up at the breakdown well, line out didn't look secure
Sinckler - 7
Looked a brute in the loose and passed better than sexytime, there will be far bigger tests in the scrum though.
Jones - 4
Ahead of Launchbury :lol:
Henderson - 3
Another nominee for you can't believe they were Lions players thread
Moriarty - 5
Started strong and didn't fade as badly as I've seen him, strong but not the skills to be a starting Lions 6 for me.
Warburton - 3
Nothing like a Captains performance, noticed him when he ran into his own player. If he starts the tests it should be at 6.
Faletau - 7
Best player on the pitch for the Lions, let down badly by some experienced team mates.

Subs-
Kruis - 5
Actually attacked a scratch line-out, what an amazing idea
Farrell - 5
Wasn't brilliant but did everything better than Sexy, must be in the driving seat for the test 10 shirt.
Mako - 5
Made a difference as soon as he came on, his strength and ability to pass out of the tackle. Great robbery at the ruck to save a potential humiliation.
Furlong - 5
Not as dynamic in the loose as Sinkler but hit the rucks well
Webb - 4
After Greg could have looked amazing, didn't.
George - 4
Hit his line-outs but the loss of Best at the breakdown was glaring.
Tipuric - 5
One nice break to put Webb through.
User avatar
JM2K6
Posts: 37187
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by JM2K6 »

Seymour did loads and made more metres than Watson...
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10613
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Leinsterman »

Good to see you back :thumbup:
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 21134
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Enzedder »

Where the f**ked have you been eh? Piss off womanizing for months and then come back stinking the place up with your rankings threads.

Get out and mow the lawns you slacker
User avatar
Bullettyme
Posts: 14568
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Bullettyme »

Welcome back :thumbup:

Shove your ratings up your hole :thumbdown:
User avatar
Sefton
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Sefton »

JM2K6 wrote:Seymour did loads and made more metres than Watson...
Feck off, snowflake, trying to defend the minority Scots.
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 14382
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by MungoMan »

Bullettyme wrote:Welcome back :thumbup:

Shove your ratings up your hole :thumbdown:
:lol:
User avatar
JM2K6
Posts: 37187
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by JM2K6 »

Sefton wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:Seymour did loads and made more metres than Watson...
Feck off, snowflake, trying to defend the minority Scots.
Virtue signalling with your affirmative action ratings x(
User avatar
Dobbin
Posts: 3323
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Dobbin »

tommy boyd was the pick of the scotsmen
User avatar
Red Revolution
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Red Revolution »

JM2K6 wrote:Seymour did loads and made more metres than Watson...
I thought there were two or three times he seemed to go wandering when someone on a good run needed an option.
User avatar
Sefton
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Sefton »

Red Revolution wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:Seymour did loads and made more metres than Watson...
I thought there were two or three times he seemed to go wandering when someone on a good run needed an option.
JM will have Excel up and basing all judgements off that.
User avatar
odave
Posts: 1916
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by odave »

I assume that's -3 for Laidlaw based on missing the biggest gap ever seen on a pitch. 🙈

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... 4124986368
User avatar
globus
Posts: 52706
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Oundle

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by globus »

Hello Seft. Glad your sense of humour has not abated during your trip in the desert.
User avatar
JM2K6
Posts: 37187
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by JM2K6 »

Sefton wrote:
Red Revolution wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:Seymour did loads and made more metres than Watson...
I thought there were two or three times he seemed to go wandering when someone on a good run needed an option.
JM will have Excel up and basing all judgements off that.
He cut in once when teo needed him to stay wide.

Saying he did nothing is totally wrong though. Solid game, did plenty.
User avatar
HurricaneWasp
Posts: 3264
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:19 pm
Location: A Dreaming Spire

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by HurricaneWasp »

Sefton is back :shock: :thumbup:
User avatar
Sefton
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Sefton »

Back to see a Lions series win and Labour back in power.
User avatar
Sandstorm
Posts: 28956
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Chickenrunning...

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Sandstorm »

Sefton wrote:Back to see a Lions series win and Labour back in power.
Just back from rehab?
User avatar
globus
Posts: 52706
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Oundle

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by globus »

Sefton wrote:Back to see a Lions series win and Labour back in power.
1-0.
User avatar
Portcullis Irish
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Portcullis Irish »

AWJ Henderson Best Marler &Warburton were poor Faletau only forward to look test class.
Apart from Teo the backs were worse.
Moriarty did put himself about to slightly confound this sceptic.
All in all a dog-shit performance until the subs arrived & upped the ante a notch or 2.
Last edited by Portcullis Irish on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sefton
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Sefton »

EverReady wrote:
Sefton wrote:Back to see a Lions series win and Labour back in power.
You had a brain injury!!!
Have faith, the Lions will improve.
User avatar
naki
Posts: 14246
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by naki »

Thank Allah that there's a gracious English supporter back on the bored, please keep your trolls in line Sef
User avatar
bessantj
Posts: 9172
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Location: Newport, Gwent

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by bessantj »

Sorry didn't know the full story. I have been suitably admonished.
Last edited by bessantj on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sefton
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Sefton »

bessantj wrote:Terrible ratings, take 5 off of everyone. Then add 7 then divide by 3 add 6 the square and finally multiply by 1.173. It's the only way to get fair ratings.
Rubbish, I spent a good 5 minutes composing those ratings, they're as solid as an Australian front row.
User avatar
bessantj
Posts: 9172
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Location: Newport, Gwent

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by bessantj »

Sefton wrote:
bessantj wrote:Terrible ratings, take 5 off of everyone. Then add 7 then divide by 3 add 6 the square and finally multiply by 1.173. It's the only way to get fair ratings.
Rubbish, I spent a good 5 minutes composing those ratings, they're as solid as an Australian front row.
Oh christ, sorry Seft, I withdraw my complaint.
User avatar
grimoald
Posts: 4869
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by grimoald »

Agree entirely on Moriarty, super game but not the skills.
Red Revolution wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:Seymour did loads and made more metres than Watson...
I thought there were two or three times he seemed to go wandering when someone on a good run needed an option.
Support lines might be the hardest thing to nail due to unfamiliarity, but he ran the wrong one quite a lot.
User avatar
Jeff the Bear
Posts: 19577
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Jeff the Bear »

Sefton wrote: Jones - 4
Ahead of Launchbury :lol:
And so it begins.

I can see that peoples (and by peoples, I mean the English) opinion of Launchbury is only going to soar the longer he doesn't play a game for the Lions. He'll no doubt be the best lock in the world by the time the tour is over. :uhoh:
User avatar
Jake
Posts: 5036
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Jake »

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Sefton wrote: Jones - 4
Ahead of Launchbury :lol:
And so it begins.

I can see that peoples (and by peoples, I mean the English) opinion of Launchbury is only going to soar the longer he doesn't play a game for the Lions. He'll no doubt be the best lock in the world by the time the tour is over. :uhoh:
He already pretty much is.
rfurlong

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by rfurlong »

Sefton wrote:Hogg - 3
Doesn't even look a starter for Taranaki Under-9 girls, never mind the British and Irish Lions, poor handling, poor passing, bounced off in the tackle.
Watson - 5
Looked the most threatening winger, took his try well
Joseph - 4
Decent hands and linked well but missed too many tackles
Te'o - 6
Looked strong carrying and in the tackle, almost tailor made for Gatlandball.
Seymour - 4
Anonymous, although given the service it was difficult for him to be anything but.
Sexton - 3
Poor passing, poor kicking from hand, little control. Wind your neck in Statto
Laidlaw - 3
Glacial
Marler - 4
The epitome of mediocre in this game when he should have been putting his hand up, couldn't make an impact against a low grade scratch scrum.
Best - 6
Showed up at the breakdown well, line out didn't look secure
Sinckler - 7
Looked a brute in the loose and passed better than sexytime, there will be far bigger tests in the scrum though.
Jones - 4
Ahead of Launchbury :lol:
Henderson - 3
Another nominee for you can't believe they were Lions players thread
Moriarty - 5
Started strong and didn't fade as badly as I've seen him, strong but not the skills to be a starting Lions 6 for me.
Warburton - 3
Nothing like a Captains performance, noticed him when he ran into his own player. If he starts the tests it should be at 6.
Faletau - 7
Best player on the pitch for the Lions, let down badly by some experienced team mates.

Subs-
Kruis - 5
Actually attacked a scratch line-out, what an amazing idea
Farrell - 5
Wasn't brilliant but did everything better than Sexy, must be in the driving seat for the test 10 shirt.
Mako - 5
Made a difference as soon as he came on, his strength and ability to pass out of the tackle. Great robbery at the ruck to save a potential humiliation.
Furlong - 5
Not as dynamic in the loose as Sinkler but hit the rucks well
Webb - 4
After Greg could have looked amazing, didn't.
George - 4
Hit his line-outs but the loss of Best at the breakdown was glaring.
Tipuric - 5
One nice break to put Webb through.
I endorse these ratings .... good job seft

Now, if you could just use your influence with the mods to get rid of Da Iawn, Nabberuk and a few other know-nothing gobshites, you will have done the bored huge service
User avatar
JM2K6
Posts: 37187
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by JM2K6 »

Jeff already fighting a rear guard action on behalf of his favourites. Sad.
User avatar
Jeff the Bear
Posts: 19577
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Jeff the Bear »

Jake wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Sefton wrote: Jones - 4
Ahead of Launchbury :lol:
And so it begins.

I can see that peoples (and by peoples, I mean the English) opinion of Launchbury is only going to soar the longer he doesn't play a game for the Lions. He'll no doubt be the best lock in the world by the time the tour is over. :uhoh:
He already pretty much is.
He's not even the best in England, let alone the world. Retallick is a significantly better player.
User avatar
Jeff the Bear
Posts: 19577
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Jeff the Bear »

JM2K6 wrote:Jeff already fighting a rear guard action on behalf of his favourites. Sad.
Someone needs to speak truth to stupid. It was ever thus. It was actually the reason I joined the bored in the aftermath of the World Cup in 2003. :nod:
User avatar
Sefton
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Sefton »

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Jake wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Sefton wrote: Jones - 4
Ahead of Launchbury :lol:
And so it begins.

I can see that peoples (and by peoples, I mean the English) opinion of Launchbury is only going to soar the longer he doesn't play a game for the Lions. He'll no doubt be the best lock in the world by the time the tour is over. :uhoh:
He already pretty much is.
He's not even the best in England, let alone the world. Retallick is a significantly better player.
Jeff has gone native.

Which is saying something for what was already the most parochial and one eyed poster in the NH.
User avatar
JM2K6
Posts: 37187
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by JM2K6 »

Jeff the Bear wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:Jeff already fighting a rear guard action on behalf of his favourites. Sad.
Someone needs to speak truth to stupid. It was ever thus. It was actually the reason I joined the bored in the aftermath of the World Cup in 2003. :nod:
I look forward to it :thumbup:
Pullman
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Pullman »

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Sefton wrote: Jones - 4
Ahead of Launchbury :lol:
And so it begins.

I can see that peoples (and by peoples, I mean the English) opinion of Launchbury is only going to soar the longer he doesn't play a game for the Lions. He'll no doubt be the best lock in the world by the time the tour is over. :uhoh:
AWJ could prevent all that by, I don't know, competing at a lineout without giving a penalty away.
User avatar
mr bungle
Posts: 13161
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by mr bungle »

Bullettyme wrote:Welcome back :thumbup:

Shove your ratings up your hole :thumbdown:
:lol:
I like haggis
Posts: 5048
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by I like haggis »

Sefton wrote:Hogg - 3
Doesn't even look a starter for Taranaki Under-9 girls, never mind the British and Irish Lions, poor handling, poor passing, bounced off in the tackle.
When was he bounced off a tackle? Made every single one, I see the defence #narrative still going strong.
User avatar
dr dre2
Posts: 5187
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:48 pm

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by dr dre2 »

EverReady wrote:Your ratings are stupid. You are stupid. Welcome back.
Your tacit support for the unsavoury and unforgivible is quite a surprise.
User avatar
Petej
Posts: 4847
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Monmouthshire

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by Petej »

odave wrote:I assume that's -3 for Laidlaw based on missing the biggest gap ever seen on a pitch. 🙈

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... 4124986368
The important thing there is he was following the Warren Ball guidelines of looking for contact.
User avatar
dr dre2
Posts: 5187
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:48 pm

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by dr dre2 »

EverReady wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
EverReady wrote:Your ratings are stupid. You are stupid. Welcome back.
Your tacit support for the unsavoury and unforgivible is quite a surprise.
I am not a reliable person in so many ways
Some lines should not be crossed. Your actions suggest acceptance of distasteful behaviour.
Last edited by dr dre2 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
hp18
Posts: 14515
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Sefton's Completely Impartial and Unbiased Lions Ratings

Post by hp18 »

Petej wrote:
odave wrote:I assume that's -3 for Laidlaw based on missing the biggest gap ever seen on a pitch. 🙈

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... 4124986368
The important thing there is he was following the Warren Ball guidelines of looking for contact.
f**king hell Greig :lol:
Post Reply