18. Kyle Sinckler
19. Iain Henderson
20. Peter O’Mahony
21. Greig Laidlaw
22. Johnny Sexton
23. Liam Williams

REFEREES:
Pascal Gauzere, France
Last edited by Grizz Wyllie on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Grizz Wyllie

Re: OFFICIAL Blues vs British & Irish Lions MATCH THREAD

Post by Grizz Wyllie »

Sorry lads, no grass banks here. You'll have to chat about your rugby team instead.
Akkerman

Post by Akkerman »

the blowback will be massive, warbs will whip his boyz into a frenzy, lions by 50
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

Halfpenny
Nowell
Payne
Henshaw
North
Biggar
Murray

Stander
Tipuric
OBrien
Itoje
Kruis
Cole
Owens/George
McGrath

Marler
George/Best
Furlong
AWJ
Warburton
Webb
Farrell
Williams
Salient

Post by Salient »

Akkerman wrote:the blowback will be massive, warbs will whip his boyz into a frenzy, lions to lose by under 50
Fixed for ya mate, though a tad optimistic really :thumbup:
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

going to this game. Hopefully the Blues will win. Some key players (Big Charlie, Auggie Pulu, SBW...) didn't go up to Samoa so hopefully are ready to tear into the kittens
Akkerman

Post by Akkerman »

which blues will be in the first test ab 23 ? kaino, sbw, faumuina ?
deadduck

Post by deadduck »

I wonder if the reason Bryn Gatland got hooked in the Baa Baas game is that we'll see him again in this one. Otherwise we may see Guyton playing 10 :lol:
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Has Piers Francis left to join up with England?
Cullen

Post by Cullen »

Disappointed in the lack of injuries to the tourists. Hopefully see more cheap shots from this game.

Full troll mode having Kevvy on the commentary team and Tana as coach
Thai guy

Post by Thai guy »

Horrible turn-around for the Blues. I notice the other four franchises' games fall in the SR stand-down window. :roll:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Thai guy wrote:Horrible turn-around for the Blues. I notice the other four franchises' games fall in the SR stand-down window. :roll:
The Blues have a bye next weekend, and don't play another ST game until July 15th. Their "stand-down" period has begun, you dense cunt.
Murdoch

Post by Murdoch »

Comrade wrote:going to this game. Hopefully the Blues will win. Some key players (Big Charlie, Auggie Pulu, SBW...) didn't go up to Samoa so hopefully are ready to tear into the kittens
Sheesh, Tana selecting a B team against the Reds shows there really is no respite for the Lions. A loss here for the Lions could really have the boat rocking.
Thai guy

Post by Thai guy »

Ali's Choice wrote:
Thai guy wrote:Horrible turn-around for the Blues. I notice the other four franchises' games fall in the SR stand-down window. :roll:
The Blues have a bye next weekend, and don't play another ST game until July 15th. Their "stand-down" period has begun, you dense cunt.
Yet they played on Friday, travelled and have to back up on Wednesday vs the Lions. No other SR franchise has this disadvantage.
Murdoch

Post by Murdoch »

Ali's Choice wrote:
Dense cnutery aside. The draw is horribly confusing. Round 16 begins before Round 15 ends. :lol: :lol:
capt hurricane

Post by capt hurricane »

This is going to be a real marker for the rest of the tour. The Lions were not at their best last night, everyone knows it, but as a first hit out against a team of Super Rugby reserves at best, it did not showcase what the Lions brig to the party at all.

The Blues are the last team on the Super Rugby NZ Conference table, but what team will they be facing, dirt trackers or 1st team players? I'm picking the Blues to win this! They have nothing to lose, and a reputation to salvage.
Dai another day

Post by Dai another day »

Thai guy wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Yet they played on Friday, travelled and have to back up on Wednesday. Every other SR franchise doesn't have this disadvantage.
Hello Thai guy!

Good to see one of the better Kiwi posters on the bored.

Seems the Blues are being shafted a bit.
Thai guy

Post by Thai guy »

For instance, Why is it not Crusaders vs Lions on Wednesday night?
Thai guy

Post by Thai guy »

Dai another day wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Yet they played on Friday, travelled and have to back up on Wednesday. Every other SR franchise doesn't have this disadvantage.
Hello Thai guy!

Good to see one of the better Kiwi posters on the bored.

Seems the Blues are being shafted a bit.
Hi Dai. May I congratulate you on your posting too. Stellar stuff!
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Thai guy wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Yet they played on Friday, travelled and have to back up on Wednesday vs the Lions. No other SR franchise has this disadvantage.
It's a friendly game. And given the Blues won't be playing finals rugby, they play just two more games for the season spread over a five week period. I think that is very manageable.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Thai guy wrote:For instance, Why is it not Crusaders vs Lions on Wednesday night?
I'm going to guess they looked at the overall tour schedule and where the Lions and their supporters would arrive and be. Games jumping all over the country wouldn't work for the travelling fans.
Murdoch

Post by Murdoch »

Thai guy wrote:For instance, Why is it not Crusaders vs Lions on Wednesday night?
Because when you've been the worst team in the country for over a decade, you don't have much say at the bargaining table.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Murdoch wrote:
Because when you've been the worst team in the country for over a decade, you don't have much say at the bargaining table.

:lol: :nod:
Thai guy

Post by Thai guy »

Murdoch wrote:
Still, Crusaders v Lions on Wednesday would have been a great chance to rock the Lions before they've even got going. Now they have two easy games in a row nicely playing themselves in...and the full test team will be picked on Saturday night.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

Murdoch wrote:
:lol:

you fuckers shut your mouth. We'll show you on Wednesday!! :blush:

our maul defence is woeful and the vengeful Lions will tear us a new one there.
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

Thai guy wrote:
Murdoch wrote:
Still, Crusaders v Lions on Wednesday would have been a great chance to rock the Lions before they've even got going. Now they have two easy games in a row nicely playing themselves in...and the full test team will be picked on Saturday night.

I'd suggest the Blues are actually more than capable of winning. People keep writing them off but in the last two seasons they've had a winning season. 8-6 in 2016 and currently 7-6 this year. They're hardly mugs.
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Blues by 20
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Thai guy wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
At least the Blues will be able to play their top tier All Blacks when they play the Lions. The Hurricanes play the Lions in between test matches when their top ABs are likely to be stood down.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Tehui wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
At least the Blues will be able to play their top tier All Blacks when they play the Lions. The Hurricanes play the Lions in between test matches when their top ABs are likely to be stood down.
coles, Barrett the Elder and TJP? NMS also perhaps?
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Crash_12 wrote:Farrell
Williams
That combination should make a few Happy.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Auckman wrote:
Murdoch wrote:

you f**k shut your mouth. We'll show you on Wednesday!! :blush:

our maul defence is woeful and the vengeful Lions will tear us a new one there.
O ye of no fecking faith whatsoever!

Not saying you're wrong, mind...
kiwinoz

Post by kiwinoz »

Mr Mike wrote:
Williams
:nod:
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Mr Mike wrote:
Williams
Careful, you'll have my 4 year old dancing at the drop of a hat.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

It's tough for the tourists. Long season, no break or proper preparation, then running the gauntlet of the fastest rugby that's ever been played in the history of the game (if you'll excuse the hyperbole) in a jam packed schedule. There are going to be some very tired lads by the end of this tour.

I don't know about this:
Head to Head-Live betting Blues $3.30 Lions $1.30

I reckon the Blues are better than that given it will be the Lions first look at a soup team while they're still trying combinations.
blackblackblack

Post by blackblackblack »

Thai guy wrote:
Murdoch wrote:
maybe you should put more thought into your posts Muttonbird. Travelling fans need to travel between games, Whangarei to Auckland is a far more sensible shift than all the way down to ChCh. It was the Blues choice to go to Samoa, fully aware (it is the Blues though mind you) of the turnaround and travel implications.
Thai guy

Post by Thai guy »

blackblackblack wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Murdoch wrote:
maybe you should put more thought into your posts Muttonbird. Travelling fans need to travel between games, Whangarei to Auckland is a far more sensible shift than all the way down to ChCh. It was the Blues choice to go to Samoa, fully aware (it is the Blues though mind you) of the turnaround and travel implications.
I'm not sure how to find out which draw was first but in any case it's the Blues which has the first match 5 days after their last S18 match, a match effectively inside the stand-down period (there's a Hurricanes v Chiefs match on June 09). As for the Lions fans going up and down the country, that's happening anyway. The Baabaa's match could have been in New Plymouth which according to Murdoch's logic has a much greater claim to a game than Northland who have been nowhere in provincial rugby for 2 decades.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Cullen wrote:Disappointed in the lack of injuries to the tourists. Hopefully see more cheap shots from this game.

Full troll mode having Kevvy on the commentary team and Tana as coach
Kev will be interviewing Tana at halftime.
blackblackblack

Thai guy wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Murdoch wrote:
I'm not sure how to find out which draw was first but in any case it's the Blues which has the first match 5 days after their last S18 match, a match effectively inside the stand-down period (there's a Hurricanes v Chiefs match on June 09). As for the Lions fans going up and down the country, that's happening anyway. The Baabaa's match could have been in New Plymouth which according to Murdoch's logic has a much greater claim to a game than Northland who have been nowhere in provincial rugby for 2 decades.
The Blues chose to go to Samoa.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

blackblackblack wrote: The Blues chose to go to Samoa.
I'm still waiting to hear Kovana's review of the game.

I'm assuming he was the one spectator who showed up to watch the game.
blackblackblack

he hasn't been in Samoa for over a year.