Incident in London

All things Rugby
Mog The Almighty

Re: Incident in London

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Hong Kong wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:Great. Now people are arguing over rocks :roll:
No argument. Just stating that Ika's ridiculous analogy was just that - ridiculous and deserved to be ridiculed
You deserve to be ridiculed.

"But wait ... you compared a dangerous rock to a dangerous ideology ... ridiculous analogy ... they're not even exactly the same thing!"

Do you know what an analogy means? What you need is a dictionary.

I suggest you spend more time thinking about what I said and less time proving it to be entirely correct.
Oceanbreeze

Post by Oceanbreeze »

henry wrote:8 armed police officers discharged 50 rounds toward these pieces of shit.

All three assailants appear to have been wearing fake suicide bomb belts.

No military involved in the resolution of the incident.
50 rounds on 3 people. Gosh I bet an SAS soldier could tap them all in one go with one bullet! Whilst holding a phone on his other hand telling the Missus it's ok everyone knows she looks good on those dress she last wore for their honeymoon! 🎃
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
No argument. Just stating that Ika's ridiculous analogy was just that - ridiculous and deserved to be ridiculed

"But wait ... you compared a dangerous rock to a dangerous ideology ... ridiculous analogy ... they're not even exactly the same thing!"

I suggest you spend more time thinking about what I said and less time proving it to be entirely correct.
Your next post needs to be an abject apology.
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

:lol:

Stay down you twat.
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

Oceanbreeze wrote:
henry wrote:8 armed police officers discharged 50 rounds toward these pieces of shit.

50 rounds on 3 people. Gosh I bet an SAS soldier could tap them all in one go with one bullet! Whilst holding a phone on his other hand telling the Missus it's ok everyone knows she looks good on those dress she last wore for their honeymoon! 🎃
I wish somebody would double tap you from this forum.
Hong Kong

Post by Hong Kong »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

Oh good grief! You actually want me to expose your farked up "thinking" for the farked up nonsense it is? Dream on, you spoofer. I'm pretty sure most will recognise that you making a comparison between a meteor and Islam is as fucking stupid as it sounds. Honestly, look how that reads

"I'm going to make an analogy between a meteor and Islam"

And you are trying that with a straight face? Go back to being unsure about TH and LH - at least that was amusing.
Oceanbreeze

Post by Oceanbreeze »

Crash_12 wrote:
Oceanbreeze wrote:

I wish somebody would double tap you from this forum.
Ouch! Don't be hating on the brother like that.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Oceanbreeze wrote:

:lol: :lol: The most unbelievable thing about that is a member of the SAS who's managed to stay married.
frillage

Post by frillage »

Turbogoat wrote:If you're reduced to arguing about rocks, and that shitstain Mog has currently crawled back under his, maybe it's time to ask if this has been posted yet:

Evacuating, but taking his pint with him. This hero is being held up as the spirit of London.
Can't tell if his left hand is telling everyone to calm down or if he has a very camp walk.
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

frillage wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:If you're reduced to arguing about rocks, and that shitstain Mog has currently crawled back under his, maybe it's time to ask if this has been posted yet:

Evacuating, but taking his pint with him. This hero is being held up as the spirit of London.
Can't tell if his left hand is telling everyone to calm down or if he has a very camp walk.
I reckon he may have nicked the bar snacks as well.
Oceanbreeze

Post by Oceanbreeze »

dr dre2 wrote:
Oceanbreeze wrote:

:lol: :lol: The most unbelievable thing about that is a member of the SAS who's managed to stay married.
Well his wife threaten him that if he left she's going to post about his love of coronation street and the notebook film on the whole planets forum! :nod:
frillage

Post by frillage »

Man In Black wrote:
frillage wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
c69 wrote:
I'm surprised he didn't mention how much her house was worth.
WTF! :?
I suspect that it was an allusion to the Daily Mail.
Thanks for clearing that up, it didn't make any sense to me.
No answer to the relevance of three miles?
It's a stupid question, so no.
Or is it you just don't have an answer? Are you somehow more qualified than someone 5 miles away? Where are the boundaries of steps down in relevance to people and their ability to comment on the bigger picture?

Or was it some desperate attempt to make a terrible incident like this relevant to you? The classic I live 3 miles away, I was there last week, I walk across that bridge on way to work, I once bought my daughter an Ariana Grande album....
xhooker

Post by xhooker »

Hong Kong wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
The amount of edits I used to get it how I wanted it is irrelevant.

As far as being woefully out of left field, wtf are you talking about?

Because if one of those nutters gets their hands on a devastating biological weapon, portable nuclear device or whatever - and these are real concerns, even if unlikely -, it is going to have the potential to cause massssssive loss of life. And there is zero evidence that they won't use it. And after it happens, the above pretty much exemplifies the response we're going to get. It's pretty much exactly what we get in these threads.

What's left field about it? Is it that a meteor isn't a race or a person or a group of people? Well guess what? Nor is Islam. It's equally as critical of people who believe that meteors are harmless as people who believe that the scripture of Islam is harmless. We're talking about beliefs. Not individuals on the street.

Yeah, it's a bit of a joke. It's tongue in cheek and hyperbole to demonstrate a point. But I think if you stop your knee jerking violently long enough to think about it, you'll realise it's perhaps not as "woefully" left out of left field as you actually think.
Damn straight. We need to deal with the problem of meteors by rounding up all the rocks on earth and shooting them into space, where they belong. With those threatening space rocks.

Anyone who thinks that's a f**k stupid idea that will do more harm than good is clearly a bleeding-heart liberal who refuses to acknowledge the problem.
That's just a strawman and COMPLETELY missing the point of my post (wooosh - congratulations).

The point is, we need to be able to discuss it. We need to be able to say, "okay, there's some problems within Islam that need to be dealt with".

If the response to even starting that conversation is, "yeah you're just a bigot who wants to 'round up all Muslims and shoot them' ", then that's obviously a big blocker on actually discussing the problem.

All we are saying here is: i) there's a discussion that needs to be had; ii) Islam does have something to do with it.

If you think that equates to, "let's round up all Muslims and shoot them", then you're just not listening. And in case you didn't get it, that IS the point of my original post.[/quote]
:lol: you are certifiable. You were the one who equated a religion (that has a few odd followers from the human race) with a large inanimate block of stone, that floats around in space. I don't need to go any further[/quote]

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Oceanbreeze

Post by Oceanbreeze »

Don't encourage that argument to continue.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Reports saying that the unarmed copper who fought all three attackers is a rugby player.

Certain to be a hooker i reckon, i hope he makes a full recovery with his feet up watching the Lions tour :thumbup:
Bowens

Post by Bowens »

DragsterDriver wrote:Reports saying that the unarmed copper who fought all three attackers is a rugby player.

Certain to be a hooker i reckon, i hope he makes a full recovery with his feet up watching the Lions tour :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Mog The Almighty

Hong Kong wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

Oh good grief! You actually want me to expose your farked up "thinking" for the farked up nonsense it is? Dream on, you spoofer. I'm pretty sure most will recognise that you making a comparison between a meteor and Islam is as fucking stupid as it sounds. Honestly, look how that reads

"I'm going to make an analogy between a meteor and Islam"

And you are trying that with a straight face? Go back to being unsure about TH and LH - at least that was amusing.
The word, "analogy" means to draw similarities between two different things in order to illustrate a point. In this case the point was the reactions of the people to "X-dangerous-thing". The point was NOT that two X-dangerous things are identical.

If you think my argument is that "Islam is a big rock" then you're an absolute moron.

But to be honest, I don't think you are a moron. I think you're trying to "hit back" because you're under the impression that criticizing religion is "really bad", so I'm a "bigot" and you want to put me in my place, but you haven't quite thought it through thoroughly enough to come up with any better argument than, "Islam is not a rock, you're stupid - learn how to play rugby". :|

And if you want to bring rugby into it, have you ever even played the game? Let alone in the front row? Genuine question.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Man In Black wrote:
c69 wrote:
WTF! :?
I suspect that it was an allusion to the Daily Mail.
Yeah sorry about that. Just the first thing that came to mind regardless of relevance.
munch

Post by munch »

frillage wrote:
frillage wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
c69 wrote:
No answer to the relevance of three miles?
It's a stupid question, so no.
Or is it you just don't have an answer? Are you somehow more qualified than someone 5 miles away? Where are the boundaries of steps down in relevance to people and their ability to comment on the bigger picture?

Or was it some desperate attempt to make a terrible incident like this relevant to you? The classic I live 3 miles away, I was there last week, I walk across that bridge on way to work, I once bought my daughter an Ariana Grande album....
I think it's right that people describe in what way they may feel these attacks are relevant to their lives, and proximity is certainly a factor.
Croft

Post by Croft »

Bowens wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:Reports saying that the unarmed copper who fought all three attackers is a rugby player.

I hope he gets flown over with a free ticket to the first Test.
Oceanbreeze

Post by Oceanbreeze »

Croft wrote:
Bowens wrote:

Which part of recovery didn't you get! :?
Boobs not Moobs

Post by Boobs not Moobs »

grow up

Person is going to be ok.
Member of public caught in police crossfire as officers fired 'unprecedented 50 rounds of bullets' at attackers they thought were wearing suicide vests

Met Police's Mark Rowley revealed eight of his officers opened fire on attackers
During the melee, an innocent bystander was shot in the head by a stray bullet
Incident being investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission
Mark Rowley said it was a necessary course of action given information at hand
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
The word, "analogy" means to draw similarities between two different things in order to illustrate a point. In this case the point was the reactions of the people to "X-dangerous-thing". The point was NOT that two X-dangerous things are identical.

If you think my argument is that "Islam is a big rock" then you're an absolute moron.

But to be honest, I don't think you are a moron. I think you're trying to "hit back" because you're under the impression that criticizing religion is "really bad", so I'm a "bigot" and you want to put me in my place, but you haven't quite thought it through thoroughly enough to come up with any better argument than, "Islam is not a rock, you're stupid - learn how to play rugby". :|

And if you want to bring rugby into it, have you ever even played the game? Let alone in the front row? Genuine question.
That's not an apology. Last chance. Sort yourself out.
Oceanbreeze

Post by Oceanbreeze »

Boobs not Moobs wrote:grow up

Member of public caught in police crossfire as officers fired 'unprecedented 50 rounds of bullets' at attackers they thought were wearing suicide vests

Met Police's Mark Rowley revealed eight of his officers opened fire on attackers
Who was that post directed to?
Red Chopper

Post by Red Chopper »

Given what I was charged for a pint recently in that London, I'm not in the least surprised that he was reluctant to leave it behind. :x
croyals

Post by croyals »

8 minutes from start of incident to the terrorists being shot. Well done the Met. How long would that response time be in a provincial city though, I wonder.
Mog The Almighty

Turbogoat wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
The word, "analogy" means to draw similarities between two different things in order to illustrate a point...

Do you know what's funny about how laughably wrong you are? The actual example they gave: A comparison between nature and human society.

EDIT: okay, I see what you did. "Apology". Apology for what?

(To be honest, I didn't think you were that dumb. Take it as a compliment).
Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Torquemada 1420

Post by Torquemada 1420 »

Hong Kong wrote:

Only 50?

"We ran out of ammo"
In all seriousness, that's why we don't want legions of armed police. 50?
henry

Post by henry »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

Only 50?

"We ran out of ammo"
This should be good - whats wrong with 50 in your professional experience?
El Homerino

Post by El Homerino »

croyals wrote:8 minutes from start of incident to the terrorists being shot. Well done the Met. How long would that response time be in a provincial city though, I wonder.
I think they were able to deal with them quickly as one of the Jihadis had been tackled to the ground by a rugby player without explosion, demonstrating that the 'suicide belts' they had strapped to them were fake. It would have been a matter of shooting on sight after that.
Last edited by El Homerino on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smee

Post by Smee »

frillage wrote:

:? Posters do that all the time on here after terrorist incidents..........its a perfectly natural response.
munch

Post by munch »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

Only 50?

"We ran out of ammo"
I think it depends on context, and the context of this attack was that the terrorists were wearing what appeared to be suicide vests. Maybe the police were making sure the targets were dead, and unable to trigger what they believed were potential bombs.
Boobs not Moobs

Oceanbreeze wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:grow up

Who was that post directed to?
All of you being tedious pillocks on here, always saying the same old dumb basic shit which wouldn't solve a disagreement over a church fete tombola let alone something as complex as this.
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
The word, "analogy" means to draw similarities between two different things in order to illustrate a point...

Do you know what's funny about how laughably wrong you are? The actual example they gave: A comparison between nature and human society.
No, not your crap analogy. The post earlier where you name checked me. That's still not an apology.

Ah fudge it, you're too dense to even realize what you said and just how goddam appalling it is.

You're actually too stupid to bother being angry at. You're actually that dense that you can't even manage to comprehend your own words, far less those of someone else.
Last edited by Turbogoat on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

Only 50?

"We ran out of ammo"
Should have had you there ay Rambo
Boobs not Moobs

Smee wrote:
frillage wrote:

:? Posters do that all the time on here after terrorist incidents..........its a perfectly natural response.
It part of the response, I used to work in offices right behind borough market so I know the area well and I know what it looks like at all hours so when you watch it on telly you're mentally comparing it to what it's usually like.
Mog The Almighty

Turbogoat wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:

No, not your crap analogy. The post earlier where you name checked me.

Ah f**k it, you're too dense to even realize what you said and just how goddam appalling it is.

You're actually too stupid to bother being angry at. You're actually that dense that you can't even manage to comprehend your own words, far less those of someone else.
The whole attitude of you and people like you is counter-productive to the problem. That's the point I was making. And I stand by it. Take a teaspoon of cement, harden up and give the false outrage a rest, cupcake. You're right that it will get you nowhere with me. If, on the other hand, you want to engage in adult discussion, I'm right here.
Mog The Almighty

Apology for calling you out on doing exactly what you've been doing as long as I've known you on here in the face of ever increasing terrorist attacks and death tolls? :lol: FFS. Grow a pair.
Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Croft

Post by Croft »

Oceanbreeze wrote:
Croft wrote:
Bowens wrote:

Which part of recovery didn't you get! :?
Gosh. Sorry if I don't know exactly how bad he was hurt. Sick and injured people do fly you know. Maybe he'd be at the game with his leg in a cast.
Dai another day

Post by Dai another day »

Mog The Almighty wrote:Apology for calling you out on doing exactly what you've been doing as long as I've known you on here in the face of ever increasing terrorist attacks and death tolls? :lol: FFS. Grow a pair.
This.