Haka Count

All things Rugby
guy smiley

Re: Haka Count

Post by guy smiley »

dr dre2 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Toro wrote:Keep 'em coming, that last one's a doozy and dre looks like he has a lot more to give. :nod:

He's a one man goldmine :lol:
If it's not about heritage you're just an adult poking his tongue out and slapping his thighs. And it's not Whitey's heritage. It's theme park culture, appropriated by whitey to give him identity. It's attention seeking and silly.
Yes.... that's cute. Our children will visit the likes of you in museums.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Shrekles wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
Who the f**k are you calling ethnic european? Having some far distant ancestor who once hailed from Europe doesn't make me 'Ethnically European' anymore than saying some player who has some ginger genes can't be maori.

Just because you haka bro? This doesn't change the fact your heritage is Morris dancing and 99% of the culture you live in is European. You just cling to a few minor things that you feel make you distinct, especially ones that have gained international reputation or "attention".
How do you know what my genetic make up is? Morris dancing - none of my ancestors came from England as far as I can tell.
Broadly and lazily. Substitute it for Schuhplattler or whatever suits.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

guy smiley wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Toro wrote:Keep 'em coming, that last one's a doozy and dre looks like he has a lot more to give. :nod:

If it's not about heritage you're just an adult poking his tongue out and slapping his thighs. And it's not Whitey's heritage. It's theme park culture, appropriated by whitey to give him identity. It's attention seeking and silly.
Hmmm see, now, it's primitive cultural displays that are being consigned to the "museum" in most places. I don't think the future is that we are all going to adopt tribal rituals that don't apply to them in the name of inclusivity. We're not all going to pretend we're something we are not in search of identity and attention.

Like I say, it great for Maori to preserve their traditions. If I were Maori I wouldn't want the white guys pissing all over it.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

dr dre2 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Hmmm see, now, it's primitive cultural displays that are being consigned to the "museum" in most places. I don't think the future is that we are all going to adopt tribal rituals that don't apply to them in the name of inclusivity. We're not all going to pretend we're something we are not in search of identity and attention.

Like I say, it great for Maori to preserve their traditions. If I were Maori I wouldn't want the white guys pissing all over it.
I'm more than happy for the white guys to do the haka. I suspect if you were Maori you'd feel the same way.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

dr dre2 wrote:
guy smiley wrote: Yes.... that's cute. Our children will visit the likes of you in museums.

As I said, our children will visit your sort in museums. Every post you make confirms it, even down to the deliciously ironic use of the words 'primitive cultural displays' :lol: :lol:

Couldn't buy this shit.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

I suppose it's perspective. If your culture has been raped in to extinction you may be glad to see the crumbs get adopted by the rapers I suppose.
Shrekles

Post by Shrekles »

dr dre2 wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
Who the f**k are you calling ethnic european? Having some far distant ancestor who once hailed from Europe doesn't make me 'Ethnically European' anymore than saying some player who has some ginger genes can't be maori.

Just because you haka bro? This doesn't change the fact your heritage is Morris dancing and 99% of the culture you live in is European. You just cling to a few minor things that you feel make you distinct, especially ones that have gained international reputation or "attention".
How do you know what my genetic make up is? Morris dancing - none of my ancestors came from England as far as I can tell.
New Zealand - that is what suits me.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

dr dre2 wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Only if you are racist.
One European laughing at another for poking his tongue out to welcome an inanimate object is not racist.
No Europeans do the Haka. New Zealanders do.
Ethnic European. The ones who's only claim to Maori culture is that their grandfather raped one.Them boys.
I hope you enjoy your lions series ban, you stupid plum.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

dr dre2 wrote:I suppose it's perspective. If your culture has been raped in to extinction you may be glad to see the crumbs get adopted by the rapers I suppose.
You absolute spacker.

Just in case you care, you clearly have no idea at all of what it means to be a NZer or to live there and that's what makes your posts so fascinatingly stupid and embarrassing to read. Your small villager view of the world is on show for the world to see. It doesn't always work the way it does down your main street.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Shrekles wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Shrekles wrote:

New Zealand - that is what suits me.
NZ you are, Maori you may not be. Either heritage is important or not, you just can't take someone elses because it suits you, well, you can, but it's funny and you don't have a cultural excuse for dancing like a bellend.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

dr dre2 wrote:I suppose it's perspective. If your culture has been raped in to extinction you may be glad to see the crumbs get adopted by the rapers I suppose.
By the way, aren't you Welsh?

You stupid, stupid.... plum.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

guy smiley wrote:
You absolute spacker.

Just in case you care, you clearly have no idea at all of what it means to be a NZer or to live there and that's what makes your posts so fascinatingly stupid and embarrassing to read. Your small villager view of the world is on show for the world to see. It doesn't always work the way it does down your main street.
No sometimes we organise ourselves in delusional, artificial ways and call it a culture. I understand that, what works for you man. It's all good at the end of the day. Haka all you want.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

RuggaBugga wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Only if you are racist.
One European laughing at another for poking his tongue out to welcome an inanimate object is not racist.
Ethnic European. The ones who's only claim to Maori culture is that their grandfather raped one.Them boys.
I hope you enjoy your lions series ban, you stupid plum.
I'm on the side of the Maori! The victim.
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

Wind it in dre, haka banter is one thing but you're edging into nastiness now.

You see the banter is enjoyed by all on here as it's a mark of respect, the haka wouldn't be the target if their rugby was shit, the target would be the rugby, it's why they like the 'funnies', it just reinforces the successful systems they have with the rugby. But edging into cultural shittery by using clumsy phenotypical divisions is the refuge of the bigot.
Croft

Post by Croft »

dr dre2 wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Only if you are racist.
Reading that I immediately saw Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos. Ooouuh.
Last edited by Croft on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Plato'sCave wrote:

You see the banter is enjoyed by all on here as it's a mark of respect, the haka wouldn't be the target if their rugby was shit, the target would be the rugby, it's why they like the 'funnies', it just reinforces the successful systems they have with the rugby. But edging into cultural shittery by using clumsy phenotypical divisions is the refuge of the bigot.
:nod: :thumbup:
Dai another day

Post by Dai another day »

Christ...the kiwis are precious :uhoh:
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Plato'sCave wrote:

You took it the wrong way, I was agreeing with him. I was saying I could see why the Maori may be glad to have the haka used by the Europeans. About blunt maybe. But bigotry it is not, bigotry is refusing to look at the opposing view, I wasn't doing that at all.
Last edited by dr dre2 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dai another day

dr dre2 wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:

You took it the wrong way, I was agreeing with him. I was saying I could see why the Maori may be glad to have the haka used by the Europeans. About blunt maybe.
This.
Dai another day

RuggaBugga wrote:

What is that supposed to mean?
Toro

Post by Toro »

Dre I'm only gonna give you one quote on the list no matter how much stupid sh-t you come up with, ok maybe two.

Please don't ban him :o
Dai another day

Why would Dre be banned?
Toro

Post by Toro »

Dai another day wrote:Christ...the kiwis are precious :uhoh:
Another insightful contribution. :thumbup:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Toro wrote:
Dai another day wrote:Christ...the kiwis are precious :uhoh:
Another insightful contribution. :thumbup:
Welshmen tripping over each other to screech 'Precioussssssssss' over the fences.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Dai another day wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:

You took it the wrong way, I was agreeing with him. I was saying I could see why the Maori may be glad to have the haka used by the Europeans. About blunt maybe.
This.
:nod: I took on his point and expanded on it. Anti-bigotry.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Dai another day wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:

Sounds like bigotry to me Dai.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

dr dre2 wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:

This.
:nod: I took on his point and expanded on it. Anti-bigotry.
You're aware, I suppose, that unlike the Welsh, the Maori were never actually defeated by the English?
Toro

Post by Toro »

Haha what a surprise tweedledum and tweedledee have found moral support in each others arms. :lol:
Croft

Post by Croft »

An English army of 50,000 with steel armour and swords and lances against thousands of Maori warriors with green stone clubs.
I reckon the Maori would have lost just like the Welsh.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Croft wrote:An English army of 50,000 with steel armour and swords and lances against thousands of Maori warriors with green stone clubs.
Yes, you would.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

I know! It was the European New Zealander who defeated them through less conventional means. Less ethical means shall we say. Defeated the fudge out them, cnuts.
Dai another day

Croft wrote:An English army of 50,000 with steel armour and swords and lances against thousands of Maori warriors with green stone clubs.
Owain, and his troops, gave a good account of themselves! Having drove the English out of the Welsh castles back into England, we then started our invasion. In Worcestershire.

Then you could say it went arse over tit for Glyndwr.
Dai another day

dr dre2 wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:

Sounds like bigotry to me Dai.
It sure does, Dre.

Will RuggaBugga and his merryband of wailing Kiwis accept their hypocrisy?
Croft

Post by Croft »

Dai another day wrote:
Owain, and his troops, gave a good account of themselves! Having drove the English out of the Welsh castles back into England, we then started our invasion. In Worcestershire.

I'll have to read up on it all actually. Love history. But I can believe it considering the wallopings the Scots gave us.

I think all those medieval armies of Britain would have defeated the Maori. We had just become so soft and civilised by the time we reached NZ hundreds of years later.
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

Are we seriously getting Brits telling NZ'ers what is culturally important to them in their own country? I thought those attitudes died a century ago. Cultural ethnocentrism is so 19th century boys.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Croft wrote:
Dai another day wrote:

I'll have to read up on it all actually. Love history. But I can believe it considering the wallopings the Scots gave us.

I think all those medieval armies of Britain would have defeated the Maori. We had just become so soft and civilised by the time we reached NZ hundreds of years later.
Wales took Gloucester then the French withdrew their support.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

True Blue wrote:Are we seriously getting Brits telling NZ'ers what is culturally important to them in their own country? I thought those attitudes died a century ago. Cultural ethnocentrism is so 19th century boys.
No! We are just laughing at white people poking their tongues out at planes.
Croft

Post by Croft »

dr dre2 wrote:
Croft wrote:
Dai another day wrote:

Wales took Gloucester then the French withdrew their support.
Ah. Stabbed in the back by the likes of Miladiou. :blush:
Dai another day

When the going gets tough, the French get fleeing!
usermame

Post by usermame »

dr dre2 wrote:Just because you haka bro? This doesn't change the fact your heritage is Morris dancing and 99% of the culture you live in is European. You just cling to a few minor things that you feel make you distinct, especially ones that have gained international reputation or "attention".
Your jalopy is nearly as overwhelming as your indignation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8XZkIs5mYY