Haka Count

All things Rugby
dr dre2

Re: Haka Count

Post by dr dre2 »

usermame wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:Just because you haka bro? This doesn't change the fact your heritage is Morris dancing and 99% of the culture you live in is European. You just cling to a few minor things that you feel make you distinct, especially ones that have gained international reputation or "attention".
Your jalopy is nearly as overwhelming as your indignation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8XZkIs5mYY
:lol: thanks for that. How, how, how do you get them to do it! I don't mean as a laugh or for charity but they do it with an awkward kind of gusto :lol:
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

dr dre2 wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Only if you are racist.
One European laughing at another for poking his tongue out to welcome an inanimate object is not racist.
No Europeans do the Haka. New Zealanders do.
Ethnic European. The ones who's only claim to Maori culture is that their grandfather raped one.Them boys.
The deuce?!?
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

Dre gets the special Dai reach around ...
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

it's been a spectacular overnight display. I want to add this after almost every second post.

dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Fat Old Git wrote:it's been a spectacular overnight display. I want to add this after almost every second post.

Nobody is telling you what to do we're just laughing at you doing it. As much as you'd like the British to live up to mythical monster you've built to blame the crimes of the European New Zealanders on.

"It wasn't me that did the unspeakable to you, it was those damn Brits, would someone capable of that do your silly dance?, No! We love the dance, it wasn't us. (Quick hide grand dad's raping stick)"
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

dr dre2 wrote:
But shaking hands doesn't involve pulling silly faces, poking your tongue out and thigh slapping, these are things we Europeans discourage in our children, and to see European NZ adults doing it looks silly. As a genuine cultural thing done by Maori (or PI) at their cultural events it deserves respect. A white European doing one because he just won 10 quid on a scratch card, not so much. It's been appropriated as an all New Zealand thing and that doesn't work from the outside. You just look delusional try hards, trying to invent a history that's not there.
I'm a 5th generation Kiwi, not a "white European" so go and get knotted with your inane ramblings.

6 pages of bullshit now - Haka time :P

dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Enzedder wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
But shaking hands doesn't involve pulling silly faces, poking your tongue out and thigh slapping, these are things we Europeans discourage in our children, and to see European NZ adults doing it looks silly. As a genuine cultural thing done by Maori (or PI) at their cultural events it deserves respect. A white European doing one because he just won 10 quid on a scratch card, not so much. It's been appropriated as an all New Zealand thing and that doesn't work from the outside. You just look delusional try hards, trying to invent a history that's not there.
I'm a 5th generation Kiwi, not a "white European" so go and get knotted with your inane ramblings.

Unless you are actually Maori, you don't turn in to one for time served. No matter how much you regret what great grand dad did.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Enzedder wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:

Meh, I'm 7th generation Saffer and I still have waaay more in common with Poms than Zulus.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

You mightn't because you're a Pom.

I have because I am a Kiwi. I have picked up a lot of culture from Maori and PI and I am part of it. We are all inclusive, not divisive like your lot.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Sandstorm wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:

Meh, I'm 7th generation Saffer and I still have waaay more in common with Poms than Zulus.
Would you say you respect Zulu culture but would feel a plumb doing a Zulu dance to welcome an inanimate object? But it's nice to observe your fellow south Africans cultural displays from time to time, but you'd feel out of place joining in?

Absolutely no shame the kiwis.
Last edited by dr dre2 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Enzedder wrote:You mightn't because you're a Pom.

I have because I am a Kiwi. I have picked up a lot of culture from Maori and PI and I am part of it. We are all inclusive, not divisive like your lot.
You may have a point.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

dr dre2 wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:

Would you say you respect Zulu culture but would feel a plumb doing a Zulu dance to welcome an inanimate object? But it's nice to observe your fellow south Africans cultural displays from time to time, but you'd feel out of place joining in?
I wouldn't do a Zulu dance because it's hard to do it properly and I would feel bad screwing it up. Kiwis don't feel that shame. :)
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

dr dre2 wrote:
True Blue wrote:Are we seriously getting Brits telling NZ'ers what is culturally important to them in their own country? I thought those attitudes died a century ago. Cultural ethnocentrism is so 19th century boys.
No! We are just laughing at white people poking their tongues out at planes.
But you're cool with Maori doing that because it's all ethnic and cute?
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Sandstorm wrote:
because - for the first 6 or 6.5 generations ............
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

koroke hangareka wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
True Blue wrote:Are we seriously getting Brits telling NZ'ers what is culturally important to them in their own country? I thought those attitudes died a century ago. Cultural ethnocentrism is so 19th century boys.
I'm fine with it because it's their tradition that goes back a long way, just like Morris dancing. It's nice that it still has a place.
Croft

Post by Croft »

This is a brutal thread. And remembering Matt Dawson's piss take at the start of the World Cup it actually doesn't bode well.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Enzedder wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Don't pretend the Maori didn't suffer at the hands of white New Zealanders. And don't pretend they don't still suffer and lag behind today.
Croft

Post by Croft »

double post.
waguser

Post by waguser »

I like a Haka

one

once a year
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

It used to be great when it was an obviously spontaneous show for the spectators.

Then they paid some Broadway choreographers for a "makeover".
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

dr dre2 wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:it's been a spectacular overnight display. I want to add this after almost every second post.

Nobody is telling you what to do we're just laughing at you doing it. As much as you'd like the British to live up to mythical monster you've built to blame the crimes of the European New Zealanders on.

"It wasn't me that did the unspeakable to you, it was those damn Brits, would someone capable of that do your silly dance?, No! We love the dance, it wasn't us. (Quick hide grand dad's raping stick)"
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

dr dre2 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Don't pretend the Maori didn't suffer at the hands of white New Zealanders. And don't pretend they don't still suffer and lag behind today.
Not pretending at all but I can put my hand over my heart and say that the whole attitude of white NZ has changed since I was a lad.

And they suffered more at the hands of Scots, Poms, Irish and other Europeans by the way :?
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

dr dre2 wrote:
koroke hangareka wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
I'm fine with it because it's their tradition that goes back a long way, just like Morris dancing. It's nice that it still has a place.
Nah, it's clear that you find nothing of real value in Maori culture, your every word about it reeks of contempt. So you can't understand why the descendants of the invaders and the invaded would embrace each other, not because you understand Maori anger (which is a real thing) but because you find their traditions ridiculous; ok for a lot of primative ethnics, but white people really ought to have higher standards. You can't believe any "ethnic europeans" could genuinely find anything worth adopting there, you can't believe that whites and Maori growing up together could possibly produce any genuine fusion, that's your bottom line.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Enzedder wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Not pretending at all but I can put my hand over my heart and say that the whole attitude of white NZ has changed since I was a lad.

And they suffered more at the hands of Scots, Poms, Irish and other Europeans by the way :?
What's your ancestry Enz?
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

At least a Haka doesn't waste a bottle of wine. Fancy wasting a bottle of wine on an inanimate object. :lol:

Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

iarmhiman wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

Kentish (please pronounce that correctly)
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Fat Old Git wrote:At least a Haka doesn't waste a bottle of wine. Fancy wasting a bottle of wine on an inanimate object. :lol:

Ah, but we only break a champers bottle once. Not every time we take the boat out of the marina. ;)
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Enzedder wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:

The Kiwi accent doesn't pronounce the word I want there. Pity the second letter isn't an 'i'

Nothing to do with you Enz. I'm sure you're a great bloke but people from the south east of England are plum.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

iarmhiman wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
The Kiwi accent doesn't pronounce the word I want there. Pity the second letter isn't an 'i'

Nothing to do with you Enz. I'm sure you're a great bloke but people from the south east of England are plum.

Hey, I am far more Maori than Kentish, I can assure you. :P
Grizz Wyllie

Post by Grizz Wyllie »

A lot of hate for 'ethnic Europeans' doing a Haka when they supposedly have no right to perform a Maori ritual but no one hating on the Pacific Islanders for performing it despite them also not being Maori.

You'd think the Brits would lap up another chance to have a crack at Tana and Keven, two fine non-Maori Haka leaders.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Well, isn't this a fantastic thread.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

koroke hangareka wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
koroke hangareka wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Nah, it's clear that you find nothing of real value in Maori culture, your every word about it reeks of contempt. So you can't understand why the descendants of the invaders and the invaded would embrace each other, not because you understand Maori anger (which is a real thing) but because you find their traditions ridiculous; ok for a lot of primative ethnics, but white people really ought to have higher standards. You can't believe any "ethnic europeans" could genuinely find anything worth adopting there, you can't believe that whites and Maori growing up together could possibly produce any genuine fusion, that's your bottom line.
Well sort of but there are plenty of European traditions that are silly too. It's nice that they are preserved but it would be silly to reproduce them in modern life every day. People ought to know better, not just white people, but that doesn't mean traditions have to be lost, there really is no actual use for a war dance in 2017 is there? At the end of the day though, the Maori or whoever make that choice and it's to be respected. White NZers on the other hand have retrospectively adopted something their own culture out grew long ago and pretend it's theirs, yes that's silly. Of course I see it as silly, it's grown men pulling faces but I find Christianity just as ridiculous.
Last edited by dr dre2 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Sandstorm wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:At least a Haka doesn't waste a bottle of wine. Fancy wasting a bottle of wine on an inanimate object. :lol:

Ah, but we only break a champers bottle once. Not every time we take the boat out of the marina. ;)
I respectfully suggest that you haven't meet that many boaties. ;)
cubby boi

Post by cubby boi »

koroke hangareka wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Is there such a thing as Maori? Hasn't it been shown that the "maori" were just a tiny population of Samoans who got there just before the British?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Thomas wrote:Well, isn't this a fantastic thread.
Yeah.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

guy smiley wrote:
Yeah.
It's got everything. Snide remarks, overt racism, welshmen. I couldn't wish for anything else.
Shrekles

Post by Shrekles »

Thomas wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Yeah.
It's got everything. Snide remarks, overt racism, welshmen. I couldn't wish for anything else.
Some smutty innuendo perhaps? A few more rape jokes from Racist europeans?
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

guy smiley wrote:
Yeah.
Well the truth is often uncomfortable. But I'm pleased to have set you straight. You can now all move on and have a grown up chat about how you go forward, instead of rallying around blaming the British and delusional cultural appropriation to distract from the guilt/anger that would otherwise get in the way. Maybe say sorry and start from there. :thumbup:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

dr dre2 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Yeah.
Well the truth is often uncomfortable. But I'm pleased to have set you straight. You can now all move on and have a grown up chat about how you go forward, instead of rallying around blaming the British and delusional cultural appropriation to distract from the guilt/anger that would otherwise get in the way. Maybe say sorry and start from there. :thumbup:
You're a bit of a racist f*cktard, mate.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Shrekles wrote:
Thomas wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Yeah.
Some smutty innuendo perhaps? A few more rape jokes from Racist europeans?
You might want to suggest some of your on-line crew to step up ... from being acquainted with the most lurid areas of Thailand and the Philippines to the casual familiarity and obsession with forced prison sex, I think you have the team to deliver!

... enough smutty in-your-end-do for ye ... ?