Houtkabouter: Collision Point

All things Rugby
Dumbledore

Re: Houtkabouter: Collision Point

Post by Dumbledore »

EverReady wrote:The real story here is Shanky and Thomas are failing their first big test miserably. We are hours away from the stepping down and heart felt apology.
I think they're playing the long game, drawing all the crazies out so they can get them all in one go. Tactics like
armchair pundit

Post by armchair pundit »

troglodiet wrote:
Thai guy wrote:That's your coping mechanism? To ridicule others who find themselves in a similar position?

Get a new shrink, loser.
This discussion is getting a tad weird to be honest. But I'll answer you anyway.

Yes, humour is my coping mechanism. And you'll find that in a large percentage of comedians, Robin Williams being an exceptional example. I joke about my mental health, alcoholism and any other problems I might face at any specific time.

I don't have a shrink. I thought I had one, but she was, just like all the other shrinks I had before her, not really concerned about my well-being, just in my $$$. A good example: after moving 700km away from her, I sent her an email just to say hi and to thank her for what she has done for me. This email of mine was in a reply to one she sent me about some or other "workshop" she is panting - at a huge cost obviously - so I didn't exactly send her an email out of nowhere. She read my email the same day, but now 2 months later she's yet to reply with something as simple as "It's going well thanks". I know she's under no obligation, but it did prove to me that shrinks are, like priests, not concerned about people, just their own pockets. So no, I won't ever see another shrink, just like I will never again discuss religion with a priest.

But the main reason for me so responding to you is this - and although it relates to the first part of my post, I did want to keep this separate: as much as I use humour to deal with my own issues, I won't ever make fun at other people's mental health, or other conditions. I do however try to use humour with people having to deal with it. Or more accurately, I try to get them to do the same, I.e laughing it off. A good example would be someone close to me who is also an addict, but has fallen off the wagon 5 times now in a 2 year period. He is currently in hospital for medical treatment as a result of his substance abuse, wherever he will once again enter rehab. When I spoke to him the first time after his latest relapse, I heard how much he hates himself for doing it, and in my opinion that's the complete opposite to what he needs. If he is going to feel sorry for himself, or hate himself, and in this case feel ashamed, there's no way he stands a chance of a successful recovery. His question to me was "Johan, how can I look people in the eyes after this?". My answer was simple: "Tell them you're a drunkard, a druggie and a mentally unstable one to boot. But say it as a joke.". When you do that, you realise feeling sorry for yourself won't help one single bit, but by joking about it you involuntarily face it heads on, and secondly, should the other person have had any plans to belittle you about it, then you've just unarmed them. By you saying it first, and joking about it, you've taken away any ammunition they may have thought they had against you.

But for all the seriousness of my post up to now, allow me to return to humour and say this: by your (over) reactions in using my mental health problems against my attack on what really can only be described as the mental asylum called CP, at least you involuntarily admitted that CP was in fact the hang-out for only those who are too much of a social misfit for PR.

He meant "mental asylum" in a positive way from the looks of it.

This has all just been a misunderstanding, and everyone can get on with their day now.
:thumbup:
Hong Kong

Post by Hong Kong »

Sefton wrote:Just can Muttonmong.
Is the correct answer.

Muttonhead - tidy up in the break
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

I didn't want to have to do this...

but Seagulls.

You've been warned.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Dumbledore wrote:
EverReady wrote:The real story here is Shanky and Thomas are failing their first big test miserably. We are hours away from the stepping down and heart felt apology.
I think they're playing the long game, drawing all the crazies out so they can get them all in one go. Tactics like

Yeah!

Wot he said..
blackblackblack

Post by blackblackblack »

kovana wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:
Fangle wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:Sweet as, happy to begin the purge of the spackers now.
Do that to help them to give motivation to starting there own bored. They think they are so bright so should have no trouble with that.

Consider it an act of kindness.
Who is first Elder Fangle, name your target.
A good mod can do 3 with one blow (and a whole country to boot) :smug:
Made i larf old cnut. :lol:

Remember explaining to Auckman, maxy and Kiwias how he did it. :lol:

And no B3, left NZ a couple weeks back due to urgent matters back home. Will hopefully be back next year again.

Also, this thread,.. Now this is a real PR thread. Been a while since i laughed on PR.
OK everyone is good I hope. Say Hi to your Dad for me. 8)
kovana

Post by kovana »

dr dre2 wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:Nope, you're not helping yourself by digging further and further.
I'm going to dig and dig BBB, your behaviour needs to be dealt with. It is you that keeps digging. You are a disgrace. At the very least you are unprofessional and shouldn't be aloud to run a bath.

I know, late to the party.

Is this coog!!!? Or is it Dozy?
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

kovana wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:Nope, you're not helping yourself by digging further and further.
I'm going to dig and dig BBB, your behaviour needs to be dealt with. It is you that keeps digging. You are a disgrace. At the very least you are unprofessional and shouldn't be aloud to run a bath.

I know, late to the party.

Is this coog!!!? Or is it Dozy?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
blackblackblack

Post by blackblackblack »

Reeks of Dozy.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Thai guy wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
troglodiet wrote:This is turning into a rather bizarre thread. Given the topic, it's not unexpected though.

Posting on PR about why you don't want to post on PR. :roll:

Starting a thread, looking for reasons why a online mental institution should be reopened..Only for the thread to become the #1 reason.

It's like going through all the hassles of opening a Facebook account, for the sole reason to tell people you don't have a Facebook account.
Given your recent experience with depression I'm surprised you'd attack the people and concept of Collision Point. I think its journey from PR lifeboat to quite a solid forum, well liked by its users is a great story. It was a great community. Keith and Razor had well over 1000 posts and Keith personally emailed me in support when I was having issues. Vichy, Mr Taff, and Keith are some of the most quick-witted comedic posters I've ever read. Laugh out loud stuff. Even Fester didn't screw up too much.

All I was doing was trying to get our place back and preserve the history. For a handful of people they were great times and I think CP back up and running would benefit quite a few here now.

That you didn't get it doesn't mean you can go around calling people mentally ill, particulary with your history. How hypocritical of you, Troglidiet, after you got all that support from members of PR.

I'd call you a wanker but I think you're probably not that bad, just a typical dumb and clumsy Saffa with zero self awareness.

Have a nice day.
This is the kind of post that got you despised. Trogs has a go at CP without mentioning any names and you go intensely personal with him, riffling through his post history in order to do so.
What the F is wrong with you?
Yawn. Trog has always had a go at CP, a place which I'm surprised you are not defending. If he's going to attack a place with a handful of regular posters I see it as a personal attack and am going to call him on it given that he has the begging bowl out more often than not.
So you=CP and CP=you?
You should go see somebody re that narcissistic complex you've got going on.
armchair pundit

"Mutton"

If you're still reading....

Enjoy your family, enjoy your city, enjoy your day.

Move on from this.

Breath in the air, look at what's around you.

Today is a good day. :thumbup:
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Crash_12 wrote:What's collision point and why do all the bored mongs support it?
It was created as a bored lifeboat but took a different path when folks here stopped using it.
Then it broke and the folks there came here. Most of them are good guys actually.
shanky

Post by shanky »

armchair pundit wrote:"Mutton"

If you're still reading....

Enjoy your family, enjoy your city, enjoy your day.

Move on from this.

Breath in the air, look at what's around you.

Today is a good day. :thumbup:

'Breath'

<snigger>
kovana

Post by kovana »

Uncle Fester wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:What's collision point and why do all the bored mongs support it?
It was created as a bored lifeboat but took a different path when folks here stopped using it.
Then it broke and the folks there came here. Most of them are good guys actually.
FCUK OFF YA CNUT!
troglodiet

Post by troglodiet »

Thai guy wrote:I've got more on Trog. As a professional photographer I've gone easy on him so far.

That sounds a bit like a threat. Or a challenge, I can't decide.

So go on, you have my permission to throw everything you've got at me.
Hong Kong

Post by Hong Kong »

The mind-bogglingly numb posting style that was passed off for 'craig' in CP was utterly bizarre and it's not surprise that those who found it amusing or decent 'chat' struggle to adapt here.

But each to his own. It was not for me and not for a large number of posters on bored
armchair pundit

troglodiet wrote:
Thai guy wrote:I've got more on Trog. As a professional photographer I've gone easy on him so far.

In next week's episode, Trog gives a man with no arms permission to go ahead and give him his best punch.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Both PR and CP posters need to lose this "them and us" mentality. Hug it out, lads :thumbup:
troglodiet

Post by troglodiet »

Uncle Fester wrote: It was created as a bored lifeboat but took a different path when folks here stopped using it.
Very accurate description I'd say.

But there's an Afrikaans saying they used to use in the SA army in the days of the Angolan war: "Daar is altyd een poes in 'n peloton.
Openside

Post by Openside »

Hong Kong wrote:The mind-bogglingly numb posting style that was passed off for 'craig' in CP was utterly bizarre and it's not surprise that those who found it amusing or decent 'chat' struggle to adapt here.

But each to his own. It was not for me and not for a large number of posters on bored

Correct, it was once abandoned as a PR lifeboat a really odd place staffed almost exclusively by social inadequates 😕

Muttonhead being a prime example, he can't help himself shit just seems to follow him about :roll:
kovana

Post by kovana »

troglodiet wrote:

troglodiet

Post by troglodiet »

armchair pundit wrote:
troglodiet wrote:

In next week's episode, Trog gives a man with no arms permission to go ahead and give him his best punch.

:lol:

Let's just say I know how to pick my battles.
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

Hong Kong wrote:The mind-bogglingly numb posting style that was passed off for 'craig' in CP was utterly bizarre and it's not surprise that those who found it amusing or decent 'chat' struggle to adapt here.

A bit like weird Twitter run by FASD kids on ibogaine
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Thai guy wrote:
jambanja wrote:Tell me Mutton, if as you say, CP was such good Craig, why did it go for days without anyone posting on it
I like you. You're an immigant who has contributed to the community but you have no idea about forum traffic. CP had a very high post rate given the number of regular posters there. I'm not sure why you want to consider CP as direct competitor to PR but that was never the case.
*shudder*

I don't consider it any form of competition whatsoever, I just found it strange that you advocate so strongly for forum that would go for a number of days without anyone posting on it, oh and I do know about forum traffic, even some of the smaller forums that I posted on here in NZ, in their worst days had multiple posts per day, unlike CP
C69

Post by C69 »

Just read a few pages after I left the thread :lol:
Big Jessies
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

armchair pundit wrote:To whom it may concern :

Sometimes it's best just to walk away and move on.

People know themselves what they are really all about, and being (wrongly) judged by others online who don't know them is really of no consequence.

Nothing is lost. Just move on with the world.
Are you a Crash 12 multi?
henry

Post by henry »

dr dre2 wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:Further, the ban you were on at the time was for (pick one they are all part of it) accusation of paedophilia against another poster, attempting to gain the personal information of another poster (the irony) and intimating that the Irish were akin to apes.
Jeez, if that's true this Dre fella sounds like a proper scumbag. :thumbdown:
All out of context.
OK, so please explain the "context" then.
A) The Sefton incident happened, others saw it and while not paedophilia. Many others thought it along those lines and distasteful.
B) I wasn't suggesting the Irish were apes, from memory the Irish were suggesting the Welsh were stupid (or something along those lines. So they were being reminded how it's not so long ago people had that opinion of them and maybe they shouldn't do it.
C) I think I asked Henry if he was "employed" (nothing about where or by who), whether he worked for someone else or was his own boss.
What. The. Fuck. Is. Going. On. Here?
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Who used this attention-starved Armchair Pundit mong previously post as?
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

Leinsterman wrote:Who used this attention-starved Armchair Pundit mong previously post as?
You've described half the bored. Can you narrow it down a little.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

I visited CP a couple of times and it was fun though a bit sad, you know a couple of guys posting to each other in 10 different threads.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Who used this attention-starved Armchair Pundit mong previously post as?
He only registered a few days ago so was more than likely banned recently.
Dai another day

Post by Dai another day »

Keith wrote:Both PR and CP posters need to lose this "them and us" mentality. Hug it out, lads :thumbup:
Morning Keith.

Thai has been spot on on what CP was, and what PR is.

They detested the fact that we made that lifeboat into a thriving bored.
dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

So where is my appology?
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

Leinsterman wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
If so, its likely to be Ika based on timings.
Dai another day

Post by Dai another day »

And the most prominent seagulls were, of course, Shanky and Ruggabugga or whatever his name is.

Maybe with Guy and a few others as well.

Poor posters who added little value on there just like they add little on here.
Keith

Post by Keith »

blindcider wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
If so, its likely to be Ika based on timings.
Not even close :lol:

And no, it's not my multi
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Dai another day wrote:And the most prominent seagulls were, of course, Shanky and Ruggabugga or whatever his name is.

Well said, Keith.
Keith

Post by Keith »

guy smiley wrote:
Dai another day wrote:And the most prominent seagulls were, of course, Shanky and Ruggabugga or whatever his name is.

Well said, Keith.
Very original, Guy. :?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Keith wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Well said, Keith.
Couldn't agree more, Dai.
Keith

Post by Keith »

guy smiley wrote:
Keith wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Well said, Keith.
Couldn't agree more, Dai.
Keep going, you're doing wonders for Kiwi comedy.