OFFICIAL Māori vs British & Irish Lions MATCH THREAD

All things Rugby
alliswell

Re: OFFICIAL Māori vs British & Irish Lions MATCH THREAD

Post by alliswell »

fatheralice wrote:Image

Is this any better for you :uhoh:
That is better. I couldn't see a thing first time round. Good to see SOB winding fuckers up :thumbup:
Olddantucker

Post by Olddantucker »

fatheralice wrote:Image

Is this any better for you :uhoh:
Yes, can actually see something going on in that one. Sneaky bugger. And yes, not Lowe after all.
Last edited by Olddantucker on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith

Post by Keith »

fudge me, there are are some blind people on this forum :lol:
Toro

Post by Toro »

Keith wrote:
Toro wrote:
Ah I see it now, it's his right arm under him after he manages to release the ball, he cocks it and let's it go.
There you go :thumbup: Should get a couple of weeks for that
Doubt it unless there is better footage.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Keith wrote:fudge me, there are are some blind people on this forum :lol:
I see it now.
Toro

Post by Toro »

Surprisingly difficult to see when you don't know what you are looking at.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

What am I looking for?
vh5150

Post by vh5150 »

SOB is an absolute world class loose forward. He has to start in the Lions back row next week vs the ABs. If Warburton is selected ??? then SOB has to play 6. He's cut from the same cloth as McCaw. Watching SOB and Kaino go at each other for 60 +mins would have me wanking like a teenager.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

JM2K6 wrote:Oh yeah, I can see the arm going into SOB's face. Nowt to do with Lowe.
As for Bimbo's usual crying about foul play. Just watched the slow mo replay on sky, Lowe's knee hits the ground and the side of Biggar at the same time as he scrambled to reach for SOB. The impact is with the ground. The other knee is up with that foot on the ground. No wincing from Biggar, no claim of foul play.

Why is Bimbo such a disengenious nut on game threads?
fatheralice

Post by fatheralice »

Toro wrote:
To be fair, SOB compained of an elbow to the face at the time. Should be a bit of a clue as to where the TMO needs to start looking. :blush:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

mr bungle wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:Oh yeah, I can see the arm going into SOB's face. Nowt to do with Lowe.
As for Bimbo's usual crying about foul play. Just watched the slow mo replay on sky, Lowe's knee hits the ground and the side of Biggar at the same time as he scrambled to reach for SOB. The impact is with the ground. The other knee is up with that foot on the ground. No wincing from Biggar, no claim of foul play.

Oh , you can see the knee now. Just the next bit of reconciliation required.
J Man

Post by J Man »

Good night everyone. I am off to bed.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

bimboman wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

Disingenuous nut :thumbdown:
Toro

Post by Toro »

fatheralice wrote:
Toro wrote:
To be fair, SOB compained of an elbow to the face at the time. Should be a bit of a clue as to where the TMO needs to start looking. :blush:
Even when you see it it's not clear where it landed so doubt they'd have called much. He was flopping all over a player and copped an elbow for his worries, you can get the same in basketball ffs. This is the same guy who flat struck another player with a fist for tugging his jersey a little bit. :roll:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

mr bungle wrote:
bimboman wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

:lol: , f uck off.
Tez

Post by Tez »

Quick question, did North do anything to merit inclusion for the first Test. He cocked up for the first try, he stayed out when Jiffy made the break even though he could see he was covered by a defender and I don't remember him doing anything special in defence.
I'd rather see Daly in there.
Last edited by Tez on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Tez wrote:Quick question, did North do anything to merit inclusion for the first Test. He cocked up for the first try, he stayed out when Jiffy made the break even though he could see he was covered by a defender and I don't remember him doing anything special in defence.
I'd rather see Day in there.
Yep.

Not the same player. Hasn't been for a while.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

bimboman wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
bimboman wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

:lol: , f uck off.
You claimed an intentional knee drop when I had already called the elbow from Ngatai during the game. No knee drop, more crying over nothing from you. You're deluded.

Edit: quoting fixed.
Last edited by mr bungle on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sprig

Post by Sprig »

Sefton wrote:What am I looking for?
SOB's head flying backwards after a savage elbow to the face.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Toro wrote:
fatheralice wrote:
Toro wrote:
Even when you see it it's not clear where it landed so doubt they'd have called much. He was flopping all over a player and copped an elbow for his worries, you can get the same in basketball ffs. This is the same guy who flat struck another player with a fist for tugging his jersey a little bit. :roll:
Some fans take things to the extreme too. Gifs appear minutes after a game finishes. Youtube videos highlighting opposition indescretions. Weird.
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

The Bored is now the new Collision point

FFS :thumbdown:
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Sprig wrote:
I need to lie down, I must have been struck by partial blindness because I can't see anything untoward there.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

bimboman wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
bimboman wrote:Quite obviously drops a knee and the TMO sees nothing. There's your warning chaps.
On the plonk already?
He's dizzy beyond comprehension from 23 continual circuits of his local roundabout.

15 drops a knee on SOB on the ground.
:lol: Hard to get a knee drop on SOB when it's on the ground planted beside Biggar. Deluded.
Akkerman

Post by Akkerman »

i am sickened and appalled
Sprig

Post by Sprig »

Sefton wrote:
Sprig wrote:
I need to lie down, I must have been struck by partial blindness because I can't see anything untoward there.
Don't worry, SOB's head didn't even wobble.
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

vh5150 wrote:SOB is an absolute world class loose forward. He has to start in the Lions back row next week vs the ABs. If Warburton is selected ??? then SOB has to play 6. He's cut from the same cloth as McCaw. Watching SOB and Kaino go at each other for 60 +mins would have me wanking like a teenager.
Todd/Messam are better according to the start of this thread & the one last week.
les@mooloolaba

Post by les@mooloolaba »

Good game by the Lions, can't wait to see the AB's attack plan against them next week. :nod:

Reckon the AB's pack will aim up against these guys, might need to employ a flat backline against their rush defence in the set piece maybe.

Too bad for the MAB's just out muscled and too much pressure, pack just wasn't good enough.
Last edited by les@mooloolaba on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Mouthwatering.... Itoje and Kruis vs Retallick and Whitelock :D
Toro

Post by Toro »

The knee was on it's way, albeit accidental, and the only way the other MAB player could save SOB from a tour ending injury was to move his head quickly out of the way with a swift elbow. :thumbup:
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Toro wrote:The knee was on it's way, albeit accidental, and the only way the other MAB player could save SOB from a tour ending injury was to move his head quickly out of the way with a swift elbow. :thumbup:
You'll need to rewatch the footage for your joke to make any sense. Lowe's knee was a metre from SOB. No contact. Just Bimbo reaching.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

mr bungle wrote:
Toro wrote:The knee was on it's way, albeit accidental, and the only way the other MAB player could save SOB from a tour ending injury was to move his head quickly out of the way with a swift elbow. :thumbup:
You'll need to rewatch the footage for your joke to make any sense. Lowe's knee was a metre from SOB. No contact. Just Bimbo reaching.

You still squawking ?
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

bimboman wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

You still squawking ?
I'll stop squawking when you stop lying.
armchair pundit

Post by armchair pundit »

Newsome wrote:The way O'Brien was going on I thought he'd lost his potato peeler in the melee.
:lol:

sorry, but that did make me laugh
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

mr bungle wrote:
bimboman wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

You still squawking ?
I'll stop squawking when you stop lying.
:lol: ....
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Lions pack way too good for the Maori All Blacks, as I suspected. Look at that Maori tight five again and ask how they could ever have won this match. Journeymen.

Add to that the fact the coach was none other than the minibus himself, Colin Cooper. Years at the Hurricanes and achieved 2/3 of fvck all.

Nice to have a Rolls Royce backline but not so nice if they can't win any pill.
eugenius

Post by eugenius »

Not surprised .

But hey Lions building nicely which quite frankly I'd much better for the fans and the game anyways.

Congrats !!
Jake

Post by Jake »

jdogscoop wrote:Lions pack way too good for the Maori All Blacks, as I suspected. Look at that Maori tight five again and ask how they could ever have won this match. Journeymen.

Add to that the fact the coach was none other than the minibus himself, Colin Cooper. Years at the Hurricanes and achieved 2/3 of fvck all.

Anything you've seen there that makes you think the Lions could unlock NZ?
eugenius

Post by eugenius »

If conditions and ref suit .

Absolutely !!

However even if the Lions win the first - I won't be bogging quite yet.

This is a mentally resilient AB side.

Can't wait !
Toro

Post by Toro »

jdogscoop wrote:Lions pack way too good for the Maori All Blacks, as I suspected. Look at that Maori tight five again and ask how they could ever have won this match. Journeymen.

To be fair most packs that have come up against the Lions so far have been somewhat journeyman and have done pretty well, but this first choice pack is especially good at squeezing the life out of you. The Lions were dominant but lets not forget that Lowe's kick out on the full gave them territory from the start. The inability to catch a high ball by the backs gave the Lions easy territory, and then in the second half when the game was still in the balance Dmac didn't kick it ten and Lowe dropped a high ball under no pressure. This gifted the Lions what was the start of a 20 camp in the MAB's 22. It was a back who left them a man down. I thought they defended endless mauls pretty bloody well and Peyper let the Lions loads of time so keep them going. Scrums were fairly even and some sat beautifully in the balance, but the Lions dominance eventually showed. Even with the way the game panned out I find it hard to lay the blame on the forwards when the whole team was constantly under pressure due to the backs errors.

The whole team looked clueless on attack however, no-one really looked like they wanted the ball which made it impossible for the halves to dictate anything. They didn't show the skills under pressure and cohesion that all the teams have so far against the Lions, understandable given their time together.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

vh5150 wrote:SOB is an absolute world class loose forward. He has to start in the Lions back row next week vs the ABs. If Warburton is selected ??? then SOB has to play 6. He's cut from the same cloth as McCaw.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No no please stop
O jesus I've shit meself