3%
Jocks by 15 or more
3%

Total votes: 39

frillage

Re: AUSTRALIA vs SCOTLAND — 17 June — OFFICIAL

Post by frillage »

dargotronV.1 wrote:
acenas of the day wrote:With the gulf in class between the teans oz should have won by 20. They lost lol. They look to have no pride in the jersey
Not sure what this gulf is you speak of
He is kiwi, he means golf.
zt1903

Post by zt1903 »

frillage wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
acenas of the day wrote:With the gulf in class between the teans oz should have won by 20. They lost lol. They look to have no pride in the jersey
Not sure what this gulf is you speak of
He is kiwi, he means golf.
:lol:
Salient

Post by Salient »

Wake up call for the Wobs, expect a harder team next match

#fainthopes
Farva

Post by Farva »

Well done Scots.

Thought we were going to run away with it after getting our nose in front but that final Scottish try was great.

Anyway, Genia has to go now. Charged down how many times after doing it last weekend too. And slow inaccurate passes to boot.
Brumby_in_Vic

Post by Brumby_in_Vic »

Farva wrote:Well done Scots.

Thought we were going to run away with it after getting our nose in front but that final Scottish try was great.

Anyway, Genia has to go now. Charged down how many times after doing it last weekend too. And slow inaccurate passes to boot.
You don't pick a player that has travelled and expect him to play 80 minutes in a key position.
TranceNRG

Post by TranceNRG »

If we had decent coaches, Chieka wouldn't survive long after losing to Scotland but since we don't he'll stay for a few more years. Horrible selections and horrible record. Plum.
Dork Lard

Post by Dork Lard »

wuuut. Impressive from Scotland. They've turned into Aus' cryptonite as of the last few years.
No Cotter no problem. Promising stuff.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Farva wrote:Just been watching highlights of Perese in the U20s, and I am now firmly on the bandwagon. He is our long term 13. And I reckon get him in now and see if he is ready. Worst that can happen is he goes back to the U20s for another season.
Can he defend?

Reckon having him there instead of Kuridrani will see a much more explosive backline, especially with him outside of Hunt.
Watch us get dicked again tomorrow night
monty

Post by monty »

Great game for Scotland- I was pretty nervous when we gave away that pen with less than a minute to go!
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

Apart from Hooper, our forwards simply aren't very good. They make no meters up the guts, leaving it to the backs to do dumb shit trying to get across the gain line. Not that the backs are great - Genia, Kuridrani, DHP and Nabuli were awful.

As for rucks - Hunt hits them harder than all the forwards combined. The plums could learn from him.
Rocketz

Post by Rocketz »

Well done Scots!
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Bindi wrote:Apart from Hooper, our forwards simply aren't very good. They make no meters up the guts, leaving it to the backs to do dumb shit trying to get across the gain line. Not that the backs are great - Genia, Kuridrani, DHP and Nabuli were awful.

As for rucks - Hunt hits them harder than all the forwards combined. The plums could learn from him.
All true. Sadly.

As for the Jockists - gritty, grinding stuff leavened by one lovely backline try.

They are the team the Force aspires to be.
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

Bindi wrote:Apart from Hooper, our forwards simply aren't very good. They make no meters up the guts, leaving it to the backs to do dumb shit trying to get across the gain line. Not that the backs are great - Genia, Kuridrani, DHP and Nabuli were awful.

That was the difference. Our defence soaked that up quite easily and they went wide too often out of frustration
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

This game result.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

Big up to the Jocks.

4th in the world now.
Olddantucker

Post by Olddantucker »

Tehui wrote:This game result.

I forgot it was even on. Cheered me up no end after the Maori result. :lol:
vh5150

Post by vh5150 »

I can't believe the decline of Wallaby rugby. Frankly it's not good for the game down here. On the flip side one must congratulate the Scottish for a gutsy, controlled performance.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Well done Scotland, deserved result.

Hang your heads in shame, Wobs. Promising attacks, only to be butchered with poor execution. Each. And. Every. Time.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

:D
clydecloggie

Post by clydecloggie »

Two evenly matched teams with similar game plans, and one of them had both the more aggressive forwards and better handling. Fairly logical result this.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Can't believe that the Wallabies lost, at home, to Scotland minus their Lions players.

We've been told all year by Wallaby fans that they have the player depth and the talent, and that their only issue is coaching. Well if 2015 World Coach of the Year Michael Cheika can't guide his team to a home win against a depleted Scottish team, then perhaps the issues with Australian Rugby are more serious then we've been led to believe?
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Ali's Choice wrote:Can't believe that the Wallabies lost, at home, to Scotland minus their Lions players.

We've been told all year by Wallaby fans that they have the player depth and the talent, and that their only issue is coaching. Well if 2015 World Coach of the Year Michael Cheika can't guide his team to a home win against a depleted Scottish team, then perhaps the issues with Australian Rugby are more serious then we've been led to believe?
Take your hand off it
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Zakar wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:Can't believe that the Wallabies lost, at home, to Scotland minus their Lions players.

Take your hand off it
Which part of my post was incorrect or not based on fact? Have a crack at me all you like, I'm extremely disappointed with this result. The Wallabies are my 2nd team.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

Ali's Choice wrote:
Zakar wrote:

Take your hand off it
Which part of my post was incorrect or not based on fact? Have a crack at me all you like, I'm extremely disappointed with this result. The Wallabies are my 2nd team.

Pathetic troll. Show us where “we’ve been told all year by Wallaby fans that they have the player depth and the talent, and that their only issue is coaching” or fuck off you plum.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Bindi wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Zakar wrote:

Take your hand off it

Pathetic troll. Show us where “we’ve been told all year by Wallaby fans that they have the player depth and the talent, and that their only issue is coaching” or fuck off you plum.
We've been told countless times this year that the problems at SR level were because of coaching. Not a lack of player depth. Well Cheika was the 2015 World Coach of the Year, so what's the excuse for today's loss? Can't blame coaching when your coach is meant to be one of the world's finest.
Olo

Post by Olo »

That was a horrible performance, particularly the first half. Poor handling and decision making and a moment of absolute stupidity from Foley.
Is it possible for our skills to get worse under Mick Byrne? Thats what appears to be happening.
Cheikas position must now be under the microscope. Not sure who would replace him?

Take nothing away from Scotland. They were tenacious and accurate at the breakdown and never gave up. They are a team on the up as the Wallabies continue their decline.

Congrats to the Scottish supporters. An excellent win!
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

:lol: We've been telling everyone for years how bad the situation is.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Dumbledore wrote:

I must have missed those posts. I was challenged only just recently to name any current Australian SR players that were below SR standard. And I've been assured countless times that the issue is with the coaching at SR level, not the players. Well Chieka is meant to be one of the world's finest coaches.
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

Ali's Choice wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:

I must have missed those posts. I was challenged only just recently to name any current Australian SR players that were below SR standard. And I've been assured countless times that the issue is with the coaching at SR level, not the players. Well Chieka is meant to be one of the world's finest coaches.
I don't really know why you're bothering with the concern trolling. Everyone knows what the issues are, but the solutions are complicated and will take time and good management. Neither of which the ARU have.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

So anyone that chats about this game is trolling? Fair enough.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

Ali's Choice wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:

Provide evidence or shut the fuck up. Goal post shifting to something you made up about Super Rugby is making you look like an even bigger tool. Either show where Wallaby fans have been boasting about depth all year or get down on your cyber-knees and offer an abject apology.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Bindi wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:

Provide evidence or shut the fuck up. Goal post shifting to something you made up about Super Rugby is making you look like an even bigger tool. Either show where Wallaby fans have been boasting about depth all year or get down on your cyber-knees and offer an abject apology.
Never said anyone was "boasting" about their depth. Simply pointed out that we've heard time and time again that player depth is not a problem in Australia, and that it's all about coaching and administration.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

Ali's Choice wrote:
Bindi wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:

Never said anyone was "boasting" about their depth. Simply pointed out that we've heard time and time again that player depth is not a problem in Australia, and that it's all about coaching and administration.
It would help your concern trolling if you showed where this has happened “time and time again” in regards to the Wallabies. Without evidence, one would have to conclude you’re a proven liar. For the 456th time.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote:So anyone that chats about this game is trolling? Fair enough.
No just you fatso as youre the trolls troll
Doc Rob

Post by Doc Rob »

Shouldn't come as a surprise really. The Wobs won by one point at the RWC (thanks to a howler of a ref decision at the death). They won by one point at Murrayfield in the AIs. Anyone expecting them to run away with this game was optimistic (though I did wonder when I saw Tonks at FB)
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

Doc Rob wrote:

Shouldn't come as a surprise really. The Wobs won by one point at the RWC (thanks to a howler of a ref decision at the death). They won by one point at Murrayfield in the AIs. Anyone expecting them to run away with this game was optimistic (though I did wonder when I saw Tonks at FB)

World's 4th best team beaten by 5th ranked team. Shocker really.

It's amazing how some cannot bring themselves to accept that a team can improve. The same people still look down their noses at Argentina
Doc Rob

Post by Doc Rob »

BlackMac wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:

It's amazing how some cannot bring themselves to accept that a team can improve. The same people still look down their noses at Argentina
I know. I can only assume that they haven't been watching rugby very long, and so aren't aware that there was a time when we were one duff kick away from a RWC final, and 3 points away from winning at Eden Park (scoring 2 tries to 1).

The wheel turns.
The Optimist

Post by The Optimist »

Just dumb rugby from the Wobbs. So sad to see that they cannot play intelligent rugby. No composure, panicked silly kicking, low percentage passes. No mongrel. Never threatened any rucks. Poor skills, when they needed to put the ball thru the hands, execute set pieces, they bungled.

Worst of all they had no heart, no pride in the jersey. No passion.

This was one of the worst performances since the last time we lost to the Scots. We've come to expect the Scots to be competitive. This is wrong! The Scots are cellar dwellers, 6 nations wooden spooners. The Scots are second tier fodder. Yet they beat us with a second string team, showed more passion, better defence, composure and intelligence.

The Wallabies should hold their heads in shame. The coaching side are no better. Unfortunately we have descended so far into the toilet of international rugby that we have come to accept losing to the Scots! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Where do you go from here though?

Watched what I could... mostly second half:

- Hannigan doesn't really look international quality but the sub aussie backrower who came on looked very handy.
- Hooper playing very well.. he's very selfish though.
- Foley's actually a pretty threatening 10, I just don't think the 12 or 13 seem to be any good and it stifles back play.
- Arnold's a good impact sub (made some cracking runs) but the locks are a bit meh.
- Take your points. It's boring, but it wins games. Those last bloody 10 mins Scotland infringed enough times that you could have probably slotted to go 24-22 down with 5 to go and worked enough pressure to force a penalty. Foley was kicking decent at least. Take the points!!
- Where's the leaders?
Toro

Post by Toro »

BlackMac wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:

I don't think it's that, Scotland were plucky today and got a great win by taking their opportunities but the Wallabies, as bad as they were, were the strongest team on the field. For mine, by a good 20 points. They bottled it time after time. Scotland were off their feet heading into the last 20 and still found a massive numeric advantage down the right to get the try that swung it for them. After that it was all Wobs, and they just had to be patient. Even take a penalty from in front.

You can talk up Scotland's ranking all you want and their improvement has been impressive, but I'd still expect the ABs to put 50 odd past them.