OFFICIAL All Blacks vs B&I Lions SECOND TEST MATCH THREAD

All things Rugby
Jake

Re: OFFICIAL All Blacks vs B&I Lions SECOND TEST MATCH THREA

Post by Jake »

FFS...you lot would argue about who's got the best imaginary friend.
Tim.

Post by Tim. »

JM2K6 wrote:Itoje gave away the same number of penalties as SOB, who was clearly a liability etc etc
That Retallick bloke is clearly a loose cannon too by this metric.
Jake

Post by Jake »

Tim. wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:Itoje gave away the same number of penalties as SOB, who was clearly a liability etc etc
That Retallick bloke is clearly a loose cannon too by this metric.
Read- 1 pen.

Busted flush.
armchair pundit

Post by armchair pundit »

don't you speak about Seanie like that. :x :x
nardol

Post by nardol »

Im not even the one that used the 2 penalty metric but sure fire ahead.

Still stand by the opinion. He was comprehensively outplayed by AWJ in the first half. English are a bit snowflakey on any criticism of this lad... amusing.
Jake

Post by Jake »

nardol wrote:Im not even the one that used the 2 penalty metric but sure fire ahead.

Still stand by the opinion. He was comprehensively outplayed by AWJ in the first half. English are a bit snowflakey on any criticism of this lad... amusing.
Everready, that bonus ban you've got....now's your moment, pal....hit hard....
nardol

Post by nardol »

Merely proving my point.

You not a bit too old to be a snowflake jake?
Jake

Post by Jake »

nardol wrote:Merely proving my point.

You not a bit too old to be a snowflake jake?
Sweet talker.

:(
nardol

Post by nardol »

SOB is a number 7 though .... Not a player in the row
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

nardol wrote:

Right - he doesn't compete at lineouts or mauls ;) Itoje gets involved at the breakdown as much as any flanker, it's part of his game.

I watched the game again this afternoon and Itoje was everywhere from the start, and ended up saving us at the end when SOB doglegged and let them break through in our 22. Hell of an effort from the young man.
Armchair_Superstar

Post by Armchair_Superstar »

This Lions tour has been a real boon for nardol, most of the lads in the Irish thread have learnt to ignore him.
jezzer

Post by jezzer »

Happy to say I got the SOB call wrong - he was amazing today. Thought he or George were probably MOTM. Tactically we were screwing it up for 20 mins when up a man. Once we stopped handing it back and actually used our man advantage we looked very sharp.

The number of cheap shot hits is def on the rise in test rugby. Both sides trying to disguise gutless head shots as tackles or clear outs.

3rd test will be intriguing. Lions in decent shape health wise and pressure is almost all on NZ not to lose series. That gives the Lions a poachers sniff. Would love to see us mix up the tactics a bit more and keep the NZers guessing. There was a surprising amount of mileage gotten from the pick and go with offloads (albeit with Kaino off). Hope our success there sees the end of the one outs from Test 1.
jezzer

Post by jezzer »

JM2K6 wrote:
nardol wrote:

Right - he doesn't compete at lineouts or mauls ;) Itoje gets involved at the breakdown as much as any flanker, it's part of his game.

I watched the game again this afternoon and Itoje was everywhere from the start, and ended up saving us at the end when SOB doglegged and let them break through in our 22. Hell of an effort from the young man.

Itoje was brilliant
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Congratulations Lions fans, you should be very proud of your team's efforts. I am very disappointed with the result. One of my best mates rang me an hour or so after the game to tell me he's been diagnosed with terminal cancer and potentially only has weeks to live. Really put the result of this game into perspective for me. He's 39 with two young kids aged 4 and 2 :(( At the end of the day Rugby is just a bit of fun and we should cherish life and our loved ones.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Shit news, AC :(
nardol

Post by nardol »

Armchair_Superstar wrote:This Lions tour has been a real boon for nardol, most of the lads in the Irish thread have learnt to ignore him.
.... except now..... :roll:
nardol

Post by nardol »

Ali's Choice wrote:Congratulations Lions fans, you should be very proud of your team's efforts. I am very disappointed with the result. One of my best mates rang me an hour or so after the game to tell me he's been diagnosed with terminal cancer and potentially only has weeks to live. Really put the result of this game into perspective for me. He's 39 with two young kids aged 4 and 2 :(( At the end of the day Rugby is just a bit of fun and we should cherish life and our loved ones.
my condolences
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Army is politely pointing out I'm being an eejit responding to an eejit :lol: :x
nardol

Post by nardol »

eejits rule the world

Trump
Brexit
followed by May - tbc with bojo etc etc etc
armchair pundit

Post by armchair pundit »

nardol wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:Congratulations Lions fans, you should be very proud of your team's efforts. I am very disappointed with the result. One of my best mates rang me an hour or so after the game to tell me he's been diagnosed with terminal cancer and potentially only has weeks to live. Really put the result of this game into perspective for me. He's 39 with two young kids aged 4 and 2 :(( At the end of the day Rugby is just a bit of fun and we should cherish life and our loved ones.
my condolences
+1

shit
Jake

Post by Jake »

Just re-watching the match;

Liam Williams- what a game he had- his kick collection under pressure was magnificent and the pass to set Faletau away was absolutely lovely.

Didn't notice it before. Excellent showing.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Awful shit news AC and as you say it is just rugby
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

Shit news AC. Certainly puts rugby in perspective and hope he manages to spend as much quality time with his kids as possible.
Morgan14

Post by Morgan14 »

That's awful awful news, sorry to hear it. Time to dig deep, spend what time you can with him in as fun, nice circumstances as you can make them for him
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

It was telling that Gatland stuck with Murray for the 80 and didn't bring Webb on. It was a great decision.
AD345

Post by AD345 »

Well that sucked - results wise

Deserved win to the Lions

Lets hope both sides keep the silly stuff under control for the next test

AB's by 30

Always finish positive says my mum
Jake

Post by Jake »

Also, big turning point after 65- Cruden kicks a grubber to openside wing with 4 on 3 outside him.

Barrett would have fixed two and made the extra man.

Big call from Cruden.
henry

Post by henry »

CrazyIslander wrote:It was telling that Gatland stuck with Murray for the 80 and didn't bring Webb on. It was a great decision.
Yeah, some halfwit in the pub was screaming for Webb to come on. Thought Murray was having a shocker. Idiot.
Tschussie

Post by Tschussie »

nardol wrote:
my condolences
:((
:thumbup:
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

henry wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:It was telling that Gatland stuck with Murray for the 80 and didn't bring Webb on. It was a great decision.
Yeah, some halfwit in the pub was screaming for Webb to come on. Thought Murray was having a shocker. Idiot.
Times like that are a reminder of what the "casual" rugby fan is like x(
henry

Post by henry »

JM2K6 wrote:
henry wrote:
Awful people.

Sitting there not enjoying Murray's cultured boot. Not enjoying his deliberateness. Getting frustrated by the lack of urgency, I mean panic. Vile. And unnecessary. Fortunately that casual fan was surrounded by such intelligence. And experience. And was put right. Beforehand. And not after he scampered over.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

henry wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
henry wrote:
Awful people.

Sitting there not enjoying Murray's cultured boot. Not enjoying his deliberateness. Getting frustrated by the lack of urgency, I mean panic. Vile. And unnecessary. Fortunately that casual fan was surrounded by such intelligence. And experience. And was put right. Beforehand. And not after he scampered over.
Ah, you know how it is - usually such loudmouths cow others into quiet seething hatred.
Bobcock

Post by Bobcock »

Mate of mine who was sitting by the tunnel said there was a scuffle post game, apparently caused by one of the Lions refusing to walk through the guard of honour? Anyone else see or hear about this?
henry

Post by henry »

Bobcock wrote:Mate of mine who was sitting by the tunnel said there was a scuffle post game, apparently caused by one of the Lions refusing to walk through the guard of honour? Anyone else see or hear about this?
Was mentioned in the post-match interviews with Sam and Gatland. Sinckler apparently. The guy who wasn't raging...
TokenSarriesFan

Post by TokenSarriesFan »

Damn dude that's rough :(
Morgan14

Post by Morgan14 »

Bobcock wrote:Mate of mine who was sitting by the tunnel said there was a scuffle post game, apparently caused by one of the Lions refusing to walk through the guard of honour? Anyone else see or hear about this?

Someone else mentioned this, I'm curious as well, all I've read / seen is that Hansen was asked about it post-match but he said he didn't know anything about it, and hoped there was nothing in it.
cubby boi

Post by cubby boi »

Yeah, it's in the NZ media. They're reporting that it was Sinkler who refused to walk through, but the only quotes they had were saying that they knew nothing about it and Sinkler saying he was one of the first through..... Strange
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

henry wrote:
Was mentioned in the post-match interviews with Sam and Gatland. Sinckler apparently. The guy who wasn't raging...
Sam didn't mention it unless they cut the interview I watched this afternoon.

Sinckler was pissed off at that point having had a scuffle with TJP after the whistle, after the scrumhalf squared up to him. Don't think anyone has said that didn't happen.

TJP was later seen mouthing off when coming through the Lions' tunnel, but we don't know exactly what caused that.

Both needed to wind their necks in once the final whistle went :(
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

JM2K6 wrote:
henry wrote:

Sinckler was pissed off at that point having had a scuffle with TJP after the whistle, after the scrumhalf squared up to him. Don't think anyone has said that didn't happen.

TJP was later seen mouthing off when coming through the Lions' tunnel, but we don't know exactly what caused that.

There was a shot at the end with Sexton giving a filthy look at one of his own players .
Jake

Post by Jake »

JM2K6 wrote:
henry wrote:

In the last moment, TJ tried to pull a leg (Not Toby?) pretty dangerously form a contact area.

Sinckler was the 'guard' arounf that ruck and cleaned him out, semi illegally.

I think words were exchanged- both of them are pretty chavvy and it just esculated.

Hansen wasn't aware at the Presser and refused to comment.