SBW shoulder v Mako on Barrett

All things Rugby
Floppykid

Re: SBW shoulder v Mako on Barrett

Post by Floppykid »

He got off lightly for the first imo, and he was very close to connecting properly to BB's head with the second incident.

He'll probably and deservedly lose his place next week.
booze

Post by booze »

J Man wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:Will be interesting to see how many kiwis on this thread were defending the foul play in Dublin...
Sexton's high tackle on Barrett?
Straight red all day long
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

I don't think Mako would have been carded at all if SBW hadn't already got a red (and assuming he hadn't just given away the dumb penalty for a similar offense moments earlier).

It was at a level that deserved a yellow, but I think it would likely have been ignored.

SBW's was a clear red though.
Brazil

Post by Brazil »

Floppykid wrote:He got off lightly for the first imo, and he was very close to connecting properly to BB's head with the second incident.

He'll probably and deservedly lose his place next week.
Give over
Brian9848

Post by Brian9848 »

Tehui wrote:
Auckman wrote:Someone could be cited for the swinging arm that took Naholo out of the game.
Sean O'Brien. It's hard to tell whether it was intentional. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Can see him being cited. There is no reason to swing the arm in those circumstance, you are just courting trouble so it's reckless if nothing else.
jezzer

Post by jezzer »

Mr Mike wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:I thought SBWs was a very cynical piece of thuggery and cowardice, which is a shame because I think he's a great.
I don't think it was cynical nor that he is a great. It is a legacy of time spent in a code where that is not uncommon and I doubt he gave it enough thought to foster any cynical intent.

I feel for him, as he will be hurting, but unless he can eliminate that from his game he won't thrive with the current expectations.

Glad Watson wasn't seriously injured.
Did Jordi Barrett play league too? Because he put a pretty similar head shot in on 1/2p just before Seymour's 2nd try. It was late and a no-wrap shoulder to the jaw.

O'Brien dosent have any reasoning for going in with a swinging arm, whether or not he meant to clean Nadolo out, which I personally guess he did.
I think it's convenient to put it on league. These swinging arm hits are getting much more prevalent and they're chickenshit plays.
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

Tehui wrote:Vunipola's looked particularly nasty. The way he dived in on a player lying on the ground with the pointy end of his shoulder, after the ball had already left. You could tell by the glint in his eye that he wanted to seriously hurt somebody. That could have put him in ward 4.
I hope not, Tehui. That's a maternity ward.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
Tehui wrote:Vunipola's looked particularly nasty. The way he dived in on a player lying on the ground with the pointy end of his shoulder, after the ball had already left. You could tell by the glint in his eye that he wanted to seriously hurt somebody. That could have put him in ward 4.
:thumbup:
Toro

Post by Toro »

Demilich wrote:I don't think Mako would have been carded at all if SBW hadn't already got a red (and assuming he hadn't just given away the dumb penalty for a similar offense moments earlier).

It was at a level that deserved a yellow, but I think it would likely have been ignored.

God almighty. Not even a penalty right?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Toro wrote:
Demilich wrote:I don't think Mako would have been carded at all if SBW hadn't already got a red (and assuming he hadn't just given away the dumb penalty for a similar offense moments earlier).

If it had Been a clear out on a forward there would,probably not even been a penalty, as pointed out both teams had been clearing out off their feet all game.
Toro

Post by Toro »

bimboman wrote:
Toro wrote:

If it had Been a clear out on a forward there would,probably not even been a penalty, as pointed out both teams had been clearing out off their feet all game.
There was nothing else in the game even close to MV's brain fart (when cleaning out), go find one example please otherwise stop spouting shite. It had absolutely nothing to do with him clearing out off his feet.
Salient

Post by Salient »

Keith wrote:One was a deliberate shoulder charge to the head at speed, the other a legitimate ruck clearout with the TMO desperate to get a Lion binned or red carded.
Do you even bother reading the rules, or just post under some delusional idea that you actually know what you are talking about, this bored is seriously getting worse x(
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Toro wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Toro wrote:

There was nothing else in the game even close to MV's brain fart (when cleaning out), go find one example please otherwise stop spouting shite. It had absolutely nothing to do with him clearing out off his feet.

There were plenty of players on both teams diving off their feet at rucks.
Sprig

Post by Sprig »

jaymon112 wrote:Despicable really.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Sprig wrote:
He's a very lucky boy he actually managed to make some impact with his curled right arm and his left hand to get Barrett moving backwards - if the first point of contact is shoulder to head he's in real trouble. As it is you can't really say his right arm on Barrett's arm isn't the majority of that force.

Also lucky for Barrett, that would've been lights out :uhoh:
eugenius

Post by eugenius »

bimboman

Post by bimboman »

The shoulder doesn't really hit BB, yellow for reckless and off feet. The stuff coming back comparing to SBW challenge are hilarious if they weren't so sad.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

I don't think anyone is seriously saying they were the same or deserved the same sanction. But only one of those incidents has anyone defending it.
bealonian

Post by bealonian »

I hope not Tehui, that's the maternity ward.

Edit: nuts...just saw GoN's post
Toro

Post by Toro »

bimboman wrote:
Toro wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Toro wrote:

There were plenty of players on both teams diving off their feet at rucks.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't what the yellow was for. (there's a gif above for you)
Toro

Post by Toro »

Sprig wrote:
:lol: :lol: Jesus, god help us if that was Cane on Murray. Watching that now MV is a very lucky boy.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

I'd say he'll get cited and a 3 week ban for that.
Salient

Post by Salient »

Seriously :lol: So a premeditated attack on a player on the ground is perfectly fine by you, got it.
Clog50Percent

Post by Clog50Percent »

That filth on Barrett is just as bad as SBWs shoulder charge look how his head hits the ground for the love of fudge these NH crims are filth.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Toro wrote:
Sprig wrote:
:lol: :lol: Jesus, god help us if that was Cane on Murray. Watching that now MV is a very lucky boy.
If that was Cane on Murray the meltdown would be spectacular. What is utterly stupid about it is that Barrett is so far from the ball and rolling away - it has no effect on the game what so ever.
Last edited by UncleFB on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
;)
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Flametop wrote:I'd say he'll get cited and a 3 week ban for that.
Barretts little 'soccer' look up to see if it had been noticed, before proceeding to roll around, will be taken into account. As will the fact that the ABs decided Barrett didn't need a HIA.
Tehuringa

Post by Tehuringa »

Sprig wrote:
Who's a lucky boy then...
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Fat Old Git wrote:I don't think anyone is seriously saying they were the same or deserved the same sanction. But only one of those incidents has anyone defending it.
There's people here saying it was worse.
Toro

Post by Toro »

camroc1 wrote:
Barretts little 'soccer' look up to see if it had been noticed, before proceeding to roll around, will be taken into account. As will the fact that the ABs decided Barrett didn't need a HIA.
Fuck some of you are pathetic. :lol:
Clog50Percent

Post by Clog50Percent »

bimboman wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:I don't think anyone is seriously saying they were the same or deserved the same sanction. But only one of those incidents has anyone defending it.
The proof is always in the gif take your eye patch off it literally is the same level of bad
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Toro wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
fudge some of you are pathetic. :lol:
Says "jumping into the tackle" bloke.
Toro

Post by Toro »

bimboman wrote:
There are!!! :x
Toro

Post by Toro »

bimboman wrote:
Toro wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Haha, I'm glad you felt that was also directed at you.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Toro wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Toro wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Haha, I'm glad you felt that was also directed at you.

Was it ? I replied on the basis of it being true.
Clog50Percent

Post by Clog50Percent »

Will this fatty by cited he coulda squashed him which then Barrett coulda diod fukn outrage.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Clog50Percent wrote:Will this fatty by cited he coulda squashed him which then Barrett coulda diod fukn outrage.
Mods, if hellraiser was done, this guy needs the same treatment.
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

bimboman wrote:The shoulder doesn't really hit BB, yellow for reckless and off feet. The stuff coming back comparing to SBW challenge are hilarious if they weren't so sad.
Mako's elbow hits BB in the face.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Sonny Blount wrote:
bimboman wrote:The shoulder doesn't really hit BB, yellow for reckless and off feet. The stuff coming back comparing to SBW challenge are hilarious if they weren't so sad.
Mako's elbow hits BB in the face.

You know there a gif of the incident actually on this page which people can see and stuff.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

So with SOB being cited, does that mean there's nothing for Vunipola, or could that still be decided later?