Page 13 of 15

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:34 pm
by backrow
Spoiler: show
Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:07 am
by The Optimist
Sards wrote:Image

my wifes undead girl developing....

The right eye looks skew but that's the way my wife was twisting her arm...I checked....
You should of invested some money getting her teeth done.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:12 am
by Sards
The Optimist wrote:
Sards wrote:Image

my wifes undead girl developing....

The right eye looks skew but that's the way my wife was twisting her arm...I checked....
You should of invested some money getting her teeth done.
He stopped after 4 hours so we will need to go back. But he touched up a few areas with white , on the teeth and lips, and the difference is night and day, especially where the bones are in the cheek....its really good

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:03 am
by Demilich
The Optimist wrote:
Sards wrote:Image

my wifes undead girl developing....

The right eye looks skew but that's the way my wife was twisting her arm...I checked....
You should of invested some money getting her teeth done.
It looks more like Beth Heke after Jake's spent a weekend on the turps, than a Day of the Dead girl. Broken teeth, fat lips, two black eyes, bruised nose and blood smears. :lol:

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:36 am
by Sards
It looks more like Beth Heke after Jake's spent a weekend on the turps, than a Day of the Dead girl. Broken teeth, fat lips, two black eyes, bruised nose and blood smears. :lol:
:lol:

Seriously...that's what I love about this thread. He is only half way through the tattoo dude...have you had a tattoo?

As I said...a few white lines change it completely...he built the base and then goes in for the fine work...

He had just started here
Image

Its going to be a few weeks before he finishes it.......

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:32 am
by Sards
Image
Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:21 pm
by Sards
sockwithaticket wrote:Seems like this'd be up your alley, Sards.

Image



Busy with this one right now . Its length and content were perfect to fill a long and thin gap I have on my lower arm.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:13 pm
by mr bungle
What silly themes to have permanently on the body for people in their 50s.

You wouldn’t want a poster of this shite, let alone a tattoo.

I bet Sards has a one of those crappy wolf/moon duvet throws that you see in bogan’s houses.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:48 pm
by sockwithaticket
Meh. I know, and have seen plenty more via the wonders of the internet, people in their 20s and 30s with horror themed tatts, they'll all be in their 50s one day and I'm sure, given their interests, that they'll still be happy with them then. In fact probably more so than someone who picks a trad design out of a book in the parlour.

People like what they like and that's ok.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:37 pm
by Sards
mr bungle wrote:What silly themes to have permanently on the body for people in their 50s.

You wouldn’t want a poster of this shite, let alone a tattoo.

I bet Sards has a one of those crappy wolf/moon duvet throws that you see in bogan’s houses.

This is my phones screensaver...should give you a clue. No. No wolf duvet set....still looking....I wear t shirts with skulls and Harley Quinn...

Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:39 pm
by Sards
mr bungle wrote:What silly themes to have permanently on the body for people in their 50s.

You wouldn’t want a poster of this shite, let alone a tattoo.

I bet Sards has a one of those crappy wolf/moon duvet throws that you see in bogan’s houses.
The artist nailed it btw...positioned it perfectly. Wont share a pic yet because the red is still too bright. When it fades ( the red and white fades ) I will take another pic...

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:36 am
by Sards
Actually here it is. Zoom in on the right hand. I don't know how he did that. Its not a large piece so details are difficult. Its basically a filler. I have fallen in love with this one...

Image

Still have to create a bed of skulls below her to finish that section of the arm...I am a bit conflicted about the bed of skulls. All the other pieces start as points or lines at the hand and grow into the piece on the arm...


When healed I want one correction...Left boob needs to be better defined and more voluminous. Needs so more white shading to better define the boobs...needs some intervention on the shading below the hairline. Looks like a skew nose under the sheath although it's not intended.

I got him to correct my Medusa and the snake head going around my knife on the forearm. That still needs to heal to see how it works but a huge improvement already. The artist who did the Medusa wanted to correct it himself but I cant trust him. Very happy with this artist that did my wifes Day of the dead girl and my latest.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:03 pm
by Taranaki Snapper

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 pm
by Nieghorn
Don't like it, but appreciate the use of the natural folds in the head ...

Image


Thought this was clever!

Image

Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 pm
by Nieghorn
Was looking to see if there were any good examples of Renaissance painting (or inspired) tattoos ... I guess as far as getting a Bosch painting done on your back, she could have gone for much more fudged up imagery!

Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:37 am
by Taranaki Snapper
:shock:

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:07 pm
by usermame
What a waste.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:27 pm
by backrow
Sards wrote:Actually here it is. Zoom in on the right hand. I don't know how he did that. Its not a large piece so details are difficult. Its basically a filler. I have fallen in love with this one...

Image

Still have to create a bed of skulls below her to finish that section of the arm...I am a bit conflicted about the bed of skulls. All the other pieces start as points or lines at the hand and grow into the piece on the arm...


When healed I want one correction...Left boob needs to be better defined and more voluminous. Needs so more white shading to better define the boobs...needs some intervention on the shading below the hairline. Looks like a skew nose under the sheath although it's not intended.

I got him to correct my Medusa and the snake head going around my knife on the forearm. That still needs to heal to see how it works but a huge improvement already. The artist who did the Medusa wanted to correct it himself but I cant trust him. Very happy with this artist that did my wifes Day of the dead girl and my latest.
What the actual fudge is this ??!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like the shit my 4 year old does with her felt tips !
:lol:

Holy Jesus that’s bad

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:56 pm
by Taranaki Snapper
Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:08 pm
by Nieghorn
Wondering about this person's politics ...

Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:19 pm
by Nieghorn
Some fun (not my style, but appreciate the artistry) tattoos from a recent Ink Master episode ...
Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:29 am
by Nieghorn
Image

... done by:

Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:31 am
by Thomas
A mate of mine had a grandfather who was in radio and who did voiceovers. He got his voice turned into soundwaves and then tattooed on his arm. He uses an app to scan the tattoo and it plays his grandfather saying a verse from a poem or something. It's rather amazing.

I'll see if I can find a video of him scanning it.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:30 am
by Nieghorn
The chick above and the one someone reckoned was a mum who walked onto the set of Ink Master by mistake have reached the final. The ‘mum’ got tattoo of the day and immunity with this New School piece (which is also not her thing).

Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:23 pm
by Nieghorn
Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:24 pm
by Nieghorn
Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:49 pm
by Sards
Nieghorn wrote:Image
Damn

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:54 am
by usermame
I can't help thinking it is a waste to have such brilliant art on a canvas that won't stay stable.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:25 pm
by Nieghorn
Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:35 pm
by guy smiley
usermame wrote:I can't help thinking it is a waste to have such brilliant art on a canvas that won't stay stable.
That's the whole point, really... for the purists at least.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:56 pm
by Nieghorn
I think I've found my artist of choice for the sleeve idea I'm working on ... (not similar to any of these, but I love the quality of art/application!)

http://robertwitczuk.com/?page_id=1128

Image

Image

Image
Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:01 pm
by OptimisticJock
That top spoilered one is good. If you're on facebook or Instagram check out redemption tattoos or the primrose path tattoo society. They've got a few sleeves along those lines. If I ever get round to getting one I'll head to one of them I think.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:54 am
by Taranaki Snapper
Image

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 am
by frillage
Taranaki Snapper wrote:Image
Jesus, haven’t seen hot knives since 1997.

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:27 am
by C69
frillage wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:Image
Jesus, haven’t seen hot knives since 1997.
That will go straight over the head of a couple of generations.
Should have a frozen milk bottle and a couple of marbles there as well :lol:



:blush:

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:35 am
by Taranaki Snapper

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:40 am
by guy smiley
c69 wrote:
frillage wrote:
Jesus, haven’t seen hot knives since 1997.
That will go straight over the head of a couple of generations.
Should have a frozen milk bottle and a couple of marbles there as well :lol:



:blush:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You could always just drop one of the knives through the bottle, didn't need a marble...

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:05 am
by Pat the Ex Mat
guy smiley wrote:
c69 wrote:
frillage wrote:
Jesus, haven’t seen hot knives since 1997.
That will go straight over the head of a couple of generations.
Should have a frozen milk bottle and a couple of marbles there as well :lol:



:blush:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You could always just drop one of the knives through the bottle, didn't need a marble...
A pound coin dropped in with an inch of water

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:09 am
by guy smiley
Heat the bottle over the element and then dip it in really cold water... 8)

Re: Tattoo thread

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:13 am
by Pat the Ex Mat
guy smiley wrote:Heat the bottle over the element and then dip it in really cold water... 8)
:lol:

Of course we used to call them Cyllell Tan