Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:40 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Also comparing insects and rodents to cows and pigs is disengenuous at best.

No. It's entirely relevant. Some rodents could be smarter than bovines.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:45 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
His stand up isn't good, least not the stuff on Netflix. Had to turn it off whenever I tried to give it a go.

+1. Average.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:28 am 

mr bungle wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
His stand up isn't good, least not the stuff on Netflix. Had to turn it off whenever I tried to give it a go.

+1. Average.

I didn't think he was too bad but nearly all 'big name' comedians are doping variations of "stuff we can't say but clearly we can say it because we're all doing specials on it" with various levels of quality.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:47 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
FullbackAce wrote:
Humans are freaking Omnivores, That whole vegan and keto and this and that debate is bullshit. As long as your diet consists of healthy ingredients that aren't infused with a shit ton of chemicals and pesticides it's all good.

I am nitpicking here because I understand what you're saying and I agree. But technically all our food is made of chemicals and so are we.

His use of chemicals is the obvious the different meaning, e.g. a reference to it's meaning of 'man made' or 'not created or used in nature as they are' use of the word. Otherwise we'll keep assuming chemicals refers to all matter in the universe in all uses of the word.

:lol: :lol: :lol: okay bud.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:00 am 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
FullbackAce wrote:
Humans are freaking Omnivores, That whole vegan and keto and this and that debate is bullshit. As long as your diet consists of healthy ingredients that aren't infused with a shit ton of chemicals and pesticides it's all good.

I am nitpicking here because I understand what you're saying and I agree. But technically all our food is made of chemicals and so are we.

His use of chemicals is the obvious the different meaning, e.g. a reference to it's meaning of 'man made' or 'not created or used in nature as they are' use of the word. Otherwise we'll keep assuming chemicals refers to all matter in the universe in all uses of the word.

:lol: :lol: :lol: okay bud.

You got out pedanted and rightly so

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:20 am 

Well, I already had acknowledged that in the original reply.

But there's no such thing as "the different meaning". There is one meaning for that word. One correct meaning anyway. The world "chemical" is not synonymous with "man made" and never has been in any "alternate definition" or anywhere else. But FullbackAce made a fair point, and I understood what he meant and acknowledged that. Eldanielfire's addition to it is just searching for an Internet fight, using absolute nonsense as ammunition, as usual.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:25 am 

Mog The Almighty wrote:

But there's no such thing as "the different meaning". There is one meaning for that word. One correct meaning anyway. The world "chemical" is not synonymous with "man made" and never has been in any "alternate definition" or anywhere else. But FullbackAce made a fair point, and I understood what he meant and acknowledged that. Eldanielfire's addition to it is just searching for an Internet fight, using absolute nonsense as ammunition, as usual.

You’re an insufferable plum.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:52 am 

Really? F-ck off then. :roll:

I was just pointing out a common little mistake as a side point. Are you made or porcelain you pussy?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:53 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:

SO when people speak about chemical weapons they are discussing wooden swords now are they? When they want food not grown with chemicals they aren't referring specifically to man made substances sprayed on crops for their growth? FFS you love to invent gibberish. Even the dictionary disagrees:

Quote:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... h/chemical

chemical
adjective
US /ˈkem·ɪ·kəl/

of, involved with, relating to, or made by using chemicals or chemistry:
the chemical industry
a chemical plant producing plastics and rubber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:54 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Really? F-ck off then. :roll:

I was just pointing out a common little mistake as a side point. Are you made or porcelain you pussy?

It wasn't a common little mistake. It's a natural and common use of the word in one of it's applications.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:14 pm 

F-ck me you're an argumentative prick. "Chemical" is not synonymous with "man made" nor "unnatural", and has never been. You're just 100% wrong. It's so wrong and misleading that that it's a common science meme.

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:22 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
F-ck me you're an argumentative prick. "Chemical" is not synonymous with "man made" nor "unnatural", and has never been. You're just 100% wrong. It's so wrong and misleading that that it's a common science meme.

Spoiler: show

No one siad it was synonymous. You just invented that strawman. I said it was another common use You saated "But there's no such thing as "the different meaning". There is one meaning for that word. One correct meaning anyway." and yet the f#cking dictionary disagree with you. You're arguing against the f#cking dictionary.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:51 pm 

No I'm not, I'm arguing with you. Or I was. The chance of you admitting you're wrong is 0% and I don't have the time or will for inane stupidity.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:04 am 

Joe Rogan has a $100 MILLION deal with Spotify for exclusive Podcast rights :shock: I hope it still comes out on YouTube as more than clips at some point, but it won't.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:19 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Joe Rogan has a $100 MILLION deal with Spotify for exclusive Podcast rights :shock: I hope it still comes out on YouTube as more than clips at some point, but it won't.

Does it really matter?

I might actually go back to watching them on Spotify as it wont mess up my Youtube algorithm.

Also, good on Rogan for making the deal.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:21 am 

$100 mill... worth watching the first ever podcast he tried to make, just to see what humble beginnings look like. It's just an idiot scrambling around in his office trying to get his webcam to work.

$100 mill!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:27 am 

The JRE has turned to shit since he moved to Spotify.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:48 am 

$100M! For chatting? The world has gone mad. Will he be able to show youtube clips when he moves to Spotify? That is the million dollar question. Also how much does Jamie get out of this?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:50 am 

Clogs wrote:
$100M! For chatting? The world has gone mad. Will he be able to show youtube clips when he moves to Spotify? That is the million dollar question. Also how much does Jamie get out of this?

Did you actually read the OP? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:55 am 

UncleFB wrote:
Clogs wrote:

I think Clogs means will Rogan be able to show youtube clips of things he's discussing, not 'will the JRE still be on youtube'.

He probably will, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:01 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Clogs wrote:

I think Clogs means will Rogan be able to show youtube clips of things he's discussing, not 'will the JRE still be on youtube'.

Exactly. Probably explained that poorly. Apologies. At the moment he cannot show other Youtube clips on his own show because it violates the terms of agreement. But that may not be the case on another platform. Expect Jamie to be working double overtime to keep up...

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:33 am 

Clogs wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Clogs wrote:

Exactly. Probably explained that poorly. Apologies. At the moment he cannot show other Youtube clips on his own show because it violates the terms of agreement. But that may not be the case on another platform. Expect Jamie to be working double overtime to keep up...

Ah fair enough, I withdraw my comment. I actually didn't realise he couldn't play other Youtube vids.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:58 am 

He's gonna want to bring that mic about a fist away from his face.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:48 am 

UncleFB wrote:
Clogs wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Clogs wrote:

Ah fair enough, I withdraw my comment. I actually didn't realise he couldn't play other Youtube vids.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:24 am 

Rogan interviews are too casual for me, they end up rambling over bullshit for a good 15 minutes in between time just to make that hour into 2 1/2 hours. He rarely asks any hard questions, he's way too chumy with some and sometimes his confirmation bias gets in the way of a good interview.

Also Spotify sucks now, you can hardly get any damn music on it these days!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:56 am 

UncleFB wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Does it really matter?

I might actually go back to watching them on Spotify as it wont mess up my Youtube algorithm.

Actually I didn't know you could watch it on spotify as I don't use it. Also it is my preferred platform, I'll listen to House of Rugby there too. If I miss a bit it's ultra easy to rewind it a few secs.

If you listen to the Rogan Podcast why would it "mess up" your YouTube algorithm?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:14 am 

Couch wrote:
Rogan interviews are too casual for me, they end up rambling over bullshit for a good 15 minutes in between time just to make that hour into 2 1/2 hours. He rarely asks any hard questions, he's way too chumy with some and sometimes his confirmation bias gets in the way of a good interview.

Also Spotify sucks now, you can hardly get any damn music on it these days!

What do you think the JRE is about? He isn't an investigative journalist and it isn't an educational tool. It's about how he gets interesting people who are in or know about interesting topics and lets them chat about it for ages an din fun and in depth ways. As a consequence they are more in depth and more entertaining discussions than most other formats and actually way more informative.

The best ones are when they get interesting expert people you aren't aware of like Rhonda Patrick or Joey Diaz. Or seeing Neil deGrasse Tyson just explain stuff you wanna ask casually or an Andrew Yang or Tulsi Gabbard actually get a platform to discuss their politics and not needing to fight it out or talk in soundbites and without a producer or editor agenda.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:16 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Does it really matter?

Actually I didn't know you could watch it on spotify as I don't use it. Also it is my preferred platform, I'll listen to House of Rugby there too. If I miss a bit it's ultra easy to rewind it a few secs.

If you listen to the Rogan Podcast why would it "mess up" your YouTube algorithm?

Speaking from experience, listen to a few and you spend a few weeks playing whack-a-mole with some absolute shite on your suggested videos. Tons of JRE 'aren't SJWs the worst!' clips.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:20 am 

Margin_Walker wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Does it really matter?

Speaking from experience, listen to a few and you spend a few weeks playing whack-a-mole with some absolute shite on your suggested videos. Tons of JRE 'aren't SJWs the worst!' clips.

I've never really had that in the past year or so. Still these days YouTube is determined to send you to their more corporate stuff.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:21 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Does it really matter?

If you listen to the Rogan Podcast why would it "mess up" your YouTube algorithm?[/quote]
By listen you mean watch right?

You know why it messes with my algorithm.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:02 pm 

100m for that fraud :blush:
Not a comedian yet handed specials. Talks like he's the leading authority on MMA despite never participating in the 'sport'. Considers himself part of the 'intellectual dark web' despite being best friends with a piece of shit imbecile who orchestrated the harassment of grieving Sandy Hook parents. Good riddance.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:19 pm 

Some of his podcasts are interesting, it mainly depends on the guest (obviously). Joe is good at getting celebrities to open up, although he's a bit thick. Too much cannabis probably fried his brain.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:22 pm 

Cabbage wrote:
Not a comedian yet handed specials. Talks like he's the leading authority on MMA despite never participating in the 'sport'. Considers himself part of the 'intellectual dark web' despite being best friends with a piece of shit imbecile who orchestrated the harassment of grieving Sandy Hook parents. Good riddance.

Good summary.
Meathead lowest common denominator stuff.
It's the male equivalent of Ellen only plenty more toxic.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:37 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Cabbage wrote:

Good summary.
Meathead lowest common denominator stuff.
It's the male equivalent of Ellen only plenty more toxic.

A valid opinion, although he clearly is a comedian and worked as a standup for many, many years (whether he is any good is subjective) and he was a US national martial arts champion (tae kwon do, I think?) so has a very valid background for MMA. He has one of the hardest kicks recorded at the UFC performance centre.

But yeah, I tend to agree on the rest - he can be a very good interviewer and has many interesting guests, but I will now forever think of him as the toxic male version of Ellen!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:43 pm 

I think his stand up is crap, but I'm not huge into Stand up anyway.
Know nothing about the MMA, it's mostly the last sentence of Cabbage's I agree with.
It's also fun to begrudge someone who is insanely wealthy/successful.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:51 pm 

Cabbage wrote:

This sounds like jealously. Also you do realise Rogan only had Jones return to his podcast for apologising for the Sandy Hook affair after feuding with him over it?

Also Rogan doesn't consider himself part of the intellectual dark web. He was placed there when that famous diagram was released of it naming people that are. :lol: As for the rest, Rogan has a high level in martial arts and has worked for the UFC for years. As for a comedian, he's done stand-up for years. Maybe he's shite, but he's legitimately paid his dues there.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:01 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Cabbage wrote:

This sounds like jealously. Also you do realise Rogan only had Jones return to his podcast for apologising for the Sandy Hook affair after feuding with him over it?

Also Rogan doesn't consider himself part of the intellectual dark web. He was placed there when that famous diagram was released of it naming people that are. :lol: As for the rest, Rogan has a high level in martial arts and has worked for the UFC for years. As for a comedian, he's done stand-up for years. Maybe he's shite, but he's legitimately paid his dues there.

Joe Rogan is a piece of shit, end of discussion

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:44 pm 

Big Nipper wrote:
Joe Rogan is a piece of shit, end of discussion

Because of all those horrible thinsg he hasn't done?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:18 pm 

I’ve listened to a bit of him before.... can’t really figure him out. He doesn’t really seem to have much of an opinion but rather just mirrors his guests opinion after a while, certainly in any episodes i’ve watched. Anyway most of his stuff is interesting, imo.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:35 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
I’ve listened to a bit of him before.... can’t really figure him out. He doesn’t really seem to have much of an opinion but rather just mirrors his guests opinion after a while, certainly in any episodes i’ve watched. Anyway most of his stuff is interesting, imo.

Rogan is a fairly average guy with a few interests in politics, sport, culture, Science and society. He's a soft leftie and fairly libertarian who lieks to engage with different sorts of people, those both like him and different to him. He gets people in who can usually educate him. What makes it work is Rogan's every man. It's why the podcast works, he just allows his guest to speak and keep speaking for the most part.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next