All Whites v Peru - soccer world cup qualifier

All things Rugby
CrazyIslander

Re: All Whites v Peru - soccer world cup qualifier

Post by CrazyIslander »

After hearing what the AW had to put up with over there I have a real deep hate of Peru. I will be cheering against them at the WC.
Davedj77

Post by Davedj77 »

CrazyIslander wrote:After hearing what the AW had to put up with over there I have a real deep hate of Peru. I will be cheering against them at the WC.
Pretty much this. All the off field stuff is pathetic but the on field stuff makes my blood boil. But then they are South American and they pretty much all LOVE to dive and diving is against everything I believe in in sport. I'm not a soccer fan at all, and every time I watch soccer within minutes some plum is writing around in "agony" after being brushed by an opposition player. I can't deal with it, makes me rage. As a kid when I played soccer I'd get furious if I was taken off my feet, NO WAY I'd deliberately go down if I was just barely touched.
I guess I'm a bit of a plum though cos I'm glad the All Whites didn't qualify cos it means I won't have to put up with our media wanking on about them and the World Cup constantly.
backrow

Post by backrow »

the NZ home leg should have had military jets flying over the Peru hotel.

oh, wait....
backrow

Post by backrow »

backrow wrote:the NZ home leg should have had military jets flying over the Peru hotel.

oh, wait....
or even tire out the peruvian players but getting the hottest women to party with them in a honeytrap, being horny latinos.

oh, wait....
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:Peruvians are too nice to dislike, with their delicious ceviche and pisco sours.
They seem charming.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r45vPM025T4

Flares thrown on the pitch.
Not bottles though, so that's good.
I expect you knew they were just empty plastic bottles. Not justifying it, but it’s not in the ball park of dangerous flaming toxic flares.
I wasn't there throwing the bottles, bro. I do know empty plastic bottles don't travel far when thrown though.
:lol:
awww, delicate flowers with short memories:
Pot calling kettle black, etc
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j ... 9307707155
Mr Fedora

Post by Mr Fedora »

Why the tears for the wendy ballers? You do realize success for the All Whites = fewer little Johnnies and Siones taking up the great game of rugby?
Andalu

Post by Andalu »

Mr Fedora wrote:Why the tears for the wendy ballers? You do realize success for the All Whites = fewer little Johnnies and Siones taking up the great game of rugby?
Honestly don't think it would have a significant effect unless we made it out of the pool stages. You could extend that logic to other sports too.
Bullettyme

Post by Bullettyme »

Peru also beats NZ for food hands down.

NZ can come and join the alternate world cup with us, Italy, Scotland, NI, Netherlands, Turkey, Chile, USA. Would be pretty good. Not Wales though. We could nearly get a World Cup going of rugby playing nations (just minus England, Aus and France).
Andalu

Post by Andalu »

Bullettyme wrote:Peru also beats NZ for food hands down.
What does that have to do with anything? The food debate is so outdated in the 21st century anyway with the selection of restaurants and ingredients in any first world country.
Bullettyme

Post by Bullettyme »

Andalu wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:Peru also beats NZ for food hands down.
What does that have to do with anything? The food debate is so outdated in the 21st century anyway with the selection of restaurants and ingredients in any first world country.
I just thought I'd mention it because it's close to lunchtime and I'm hungry, and Peruvian food is very nice. Haven't tried guinea pig though.

Some reaction all the same :lol:
Andalu

Post by Andalu »

It's just such a hackneyed response. It's like telling a Yank you live in London and them asking how you deal with the terrible food.
Bullettyme

Post by Bullettyme »

Their cocaine production far outstrips yours too so ner.
Andalu

Post by Andalu »

:x
backrow

Post by backrow »

i for one, think this result is true justice

Peru
Spoiler: show
New Zealand
Spoiler: show
Toro

Post by Toro »

I can tell you that the beauty pageant winner is nowhere near a representation of Peruvian women, between them and Ecuador they easily have the ugliest on the continent. The NZ chick probably isn't a fair representation either. (Too hot)
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Mr Fedora wrote:Why the tears for the wendy ballers? You do realize success for the All Whites = fewer little Johnnies and Siones taking up the great game of rugby?

nah - soccer is the game that the immigrant Poms, Irish and Europeans play
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

No one actually cares. It's just a bandwagon thing. Soccer is now back to the being the minor sport in NZ that it deserves to be.

To be honest, I just wanted to see the victory haka from a bunch of skinny white boys. Denied. :thumbdown:
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

Davedj77 wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:After hearing what the AW had to put up with over there I have a real deep hate of Peru. I will be cheering against them at the WC.
Pretty much this. All the off field stuff is pathetic but the on field stuff makes my blood boil. But then they are South American and they pretty much all LOVE to dive and diving is against everything I believe in in sport. I'm not a soccer fan at all, and every time I watch soccer within minutes some plum is writing around in "agony" after being brushed by an opposition player. I can't deal with it, makes me rage. As a kid when I played soccer I'd get furious if I was taken off my feet, NO WAY I'd deliberately go down if I was just barely touched.
I guess I'm a bit of a plum though cos I'm glad the All Whites didn't qualify cos it means I won't have to put up with our media wanking on about them and the World Cup constantly.
What if the sport is Diving? Do you just sit there seething with a white hot rage?
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Enzedder wrote:

Some Kiwis at a young age too before their mums accept it's not too rough and let them play rugby. I had that around the age of five or six. It was like a sporting limbo.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

True Blue wrote:

No one actually cares. It's just a bandwagon thing. Soccer is now back to the being the minor sport in NZ that it deserves to be.

To be honest, I just wanted to see the victory haka from a bunch of skinny white boys. Denied. :thumbdown:
I was surprised that there were more tanned players in the team than what I expected. There looked to be one fully fledged Islander in the team as well.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

UncleFB wrote:There looked to be one fully fledged Islander in the team as well.
That would be Bill Tuiloma. He was about as useless as the rest of them.
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

Auckman wrote:
UncleFB wrote:There looked to be one fully fledged Islander in the team as well.

He plays for Portland Timbers B. Portland aren't even a MLS club. I mean, seriously. How bad must our soccer team be to have a guy playing for Portland Timbers B in your national team.

And he's one of the stars.
WoodlandsRFC

Post by WoodlandsRFC »

JB1981 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:

Some Kiwis at a young age too before their mums accept it's not too rough and let them play rugby. I had that around the age of five or six. It was like a sporting limbo.
I was playing rugby at 5, I'm fairly certain it's rippa or tag rugby right up till 8. Meanwhile little Johnny and Felipe are getting their shins kicked in on a weekly basis.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Shameful from Peru. They obviously had too much for us even without the fireworks and military jets. :thumbdown:
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

True Blue wrote:
Auckman wrote:

He plays for Portland Timbers B. Portland aren't even a MLS club. I mean, seriously. How bad must our soccer team be to have a guy playing for Portland Timbers B in your national team.

And he's one of the stars.
The Timbers are in the MLS though
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

If Australia and New Zealand had both made it through, with sides like the Netherlands and Italy missing out, the tournament would have been set on fire.

You are welcome, kevballers.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Peru will play against France in the world cup.

Could have been a NZ - French game.
WoodlandsRFC

Post by WoodlandsRFC »

TheFrog wrote:Peru will play against France in the world cup.

Could have been a NZ - French game.
Outside of rugby, is there much of a rivalry there?