Harvey Weinstein:Hollywoods sexual secrets about to explode?

All things Rugby
Floppykid

Re: Harvey Weinstein:Hollywoods sexual secrets about to expl

Post by Floppykid »

fatcat wrote:Creepy Joe Biden :shock:

I know it's Paul Joseph Watson but crikey the way Biden touches young girls borders on fondling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ-YjGmpO4Q
Yeah, I'll wait for a non-crank to say anything of worth.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

Seneca of the Night wrote:Image

:shock:
Is...is Uma Thurman teasing her claims of sexual abuse? What the actual fcuk? :lol:
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Yeah, more than a little weird.
_fatprop

Post by _fatprop »

Seneca of the Night wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... l-bullying

She's a bit crazy.
Teenagers are arseholes, that will never change, they hunt down the weak and non conforming
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Floppykid wrote:

I know it's Paul Joseph Watson but crikey the way Biden touches young girls borders on fondling.

Did you watch the clips of Biden?
Hong Kong

Post by Hong Kong »

fatcat wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Farking hell, that is horrific. Forget the commentator the clips are abhorrent.
Brumbieman

Post by Brumbieman »

Biden makes my skin crawl. For years, footage of him in various situations/photos of him creeping on various women and sniffing their hair etc have been going around.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

That old romantic, John Leslie, has been charged with sexual assault.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

fatcat wrote:That old romantic, John Leslie, has been charged with sexual assault.
Again?!???
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/enterta ... zt6d2.html
For almost two decades Don Burke was one of the most powerful men in Australia's entertainment industry. His popular gardening program Burke's Backyard was a ratings juggernaut for the Nine Network until it was unceremoniously axed in 2004.

But now a major Fairfax Media/ABC investigation can reveal that behind the scenes those who worked with Burke claim he was a "psychotic bully", a "misogynist" and a "sexual predator" who indecently assaulted, sexually harassed and bullied a string of female employees.

Even David Leckie, the former chief executive of the Nine Network, said he wasn't surprised to receive our call about Burke. "I've been trying to think of Harvey Weinstein-type people [in Australia] and the only one I can ever come up with is Burke. He was a horrible, horrible man," he said.
...all in Burke's backyaaaaaaard.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

I have to agree with Nate Silver that the Dems have lose any credibility and any chance of claiming a moral high ground on this subject after their meek response to the Conyers accusations. They could get a pass on Franken as his was fairly low level, but the Conyers accusations are more serious and involve abuse of power.
Stu Wilsons gloves

Post by Stu Wilsons gloves »

Next cab of the rank Matt Lauer. Sacked for inappropriate sexual misconduct in the workplace. Only one complaint but thought not to be an isolated incident. :thumbdown:
zt1903

Post by zt1903 »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:I have to agree with Nate Silver that the Dems have lose any credibility and any chance of claiming a moral high ground on this subject after their meek response to the Conyers accusations. They could get a pass on Franken as his was fairly low level, but the Conyers accusations are more serious and involve abuse of power.
Nancy Pelosi's performance was something else.
Openside

Post by Openside »

fatcat wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

That IS NOT Completely Normal :shock: :shock:
Wallah

Post by Wallah »

Stu Wilsons gloves wrote:Next cab of the rank Matt Lauer. Sacked for inappropriate sexual misconduct in the workplace. Only one complaint but thought not to be an isolated incident. :thumbdown:
Here's the article on Matt Lauer's sacking...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42168640

His firing was swift and immediate, so it appears that there is more than just one account that entered into this. I am sure more information will come to light soon. And more big names to come.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Wallah wrote:
Stu Wilsons gloves wrote:Next cab of the rank Matt Lauer. Sacked for inappropriate sexual misconduct in the workplace. Only one complaint but thought not to be an isolated incident. :thumbdown:
Here's the article on Matt Lauer's sacking...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42168640

His firing was swift and immediate, so it appears that there is more than just one account that entered into this. I am sure more information will come to light soon. And more big names to come.
Also, it seems in the vast majority of cases it's not exactly secret - if someone has been engaging in this sort of behaviour for 10+ years then SOME of the backroom suits are already going to know about it.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

There's a lot of people out there that Lauer gone is super shocking. I'm not one of them, but there's a ton of people into morning TV shows when the rest of us are working and Lauer was on Today for 20 years.
Moncreif

Post by Moncreif »

what f**king executive approves the installation of a lockable door activated by a hidden button under the desk?

Scum. Burn it all down.
Bokkom

Post by Bokkom »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:I have to agree with Nate Silver that the Dems have lose any credibility and any chance of claiming a moral high ground on this subject after their meek response to the Conyers accusations. They could get a pass on Franken as his was fairly low level, but the Conyers accusations are more serious and involve abuse of power.
If this issue becomes part of the US partisan war, both parties will lose.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Moncreif wrote:what f**king executive approves the installation of a lockable door activated by a hidden button under the desk?

Scum. Burn it all down.
Mr Burns???
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Bokkom wrote:
1. It already was.
2. There's no one else to vote for.

The issue with Conyers really is if you don't understand how black politics work here traditionally, the Congressional Black Caucus are loyal Democrats, but they're the black caucus first, Democrats second. They're going to protect their own and it's not like they get along with the Pelosi liberal wing all the time historically. So saying that Pelosi can just tell Conyers to resign is not how the power structure works at all. The two parties here are not super-structured organizations where the underlings all do what the leader tells them to. It does look bad for Pelosi who's a bit long in the tooth anyway on leadership of her party in the House.

I think what could be done is that everyone - Moore, Franken, Conyers, others - are kicked out of their party caucuses and effectively become independents. If Moore wins election it's what I'd do if I were McConnell. Guy stays in the Senate and has his vote but he's not a member of the Republican Party. And come next election, better damn make sure someone better wins the primary and the voters agree with him or her. Neither party leadership in Congress has the power to tell anyone to resign unless the individuals have a trial of sorts in Congress and kicked out, which was last done for James Traficant I think.
Last edited by Flyin Ryan on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
_fatprop

Post by _fatprop »

Moncreif wrote:what f**king executive approves the installation of a lockable door activated by a hidden button under the desk?

Scum. Burn it all down.
A facilitator
_fatprop

Post by _fatprop »

I was expecting Weinstein to do a Polanski and then I see see he has been just as much of a creep in France
Moncreif

Post by Moncreif »

happyhooker wrote:

Scum. Burn it all down.
Mr Burns???
excellent
El Homerino

Post by El Homerino »

Check out this filthy mutt. Game show presenter in America years ago. Absolutely brazen.

https://youtu.be/t8VQqw4oBfg
zt1903

Post by zt1903 »

Flyin Ryan wrote:
Bokkom wrote:
1. It already was.

The issue with Conyers really is if you don't understand how black politics work here traditionally, the Congressional Black Caucus are loyal Democrats, but they're the black caucus first, Democrats second. They're going to protect their own and it's not like they get along with the Pelosi liberal wing all the time historically. So saying that Pelosi can just tell Conyers to resign is not how the power structure works at all. The two parties here are not super-structured organizations where the underlings all do what the leader tells them to. It does look bad for Pelosi who's a bit long in the tooth anyway on leadership of her party in the House.

I think what could be done is that everyone - Moore, Franken, Conyers, others - are kicked out of their party caucuses and effectively become independents. If Moore wins election it's what I'd do if I were McConnell. Guy stays in the Senate and has his vote but he's not a member of the Republican Party. And come next election, better damn make sure someone better wins the primary and the voters agree with him or her. Neither party leadership in Congress has the power to tell anyone to resign unless the individuals have a trial of sorts in Congress and kicked out, which was last done for James Traficant I think.
Which btw is what I think should happen with Moore. He’s going to win in Alabama, he’s ridden out the initial effect of the allegations, and his numbers are back on the rise.

But winning shouldn’t be the end of it, the allegations are horrendous and even though the statute of limitations has expired that doesn’t prevent a ethics committee investigation. The allegations should be properly heard and properly defended and his senate and/or party future decided there.

Good post btw :thumbup:
Openside

Post by Openside »

El Homerino wrote:Check out this filthy mutt. Game show presenter in America years ago. Absolutely brazen.

Christ on a bike 😳😳😳
El Homerino

Post by El Homerino »

Openside wrote:
El Homerino wrote:Check out this filthy mutt. Game show presenter in America years ago. Absolutely brazen.

Christ on a bike 😳😳😳
I posted this here years ago and it didn’t get much traction. It is f**king disgusting.
zt1903

Post by zt1903 »

El Homerino wrote:
Openside wrote:

Christ on a bike 😳😳😳
I posted this here years ago and it didn’t get much traction. It is f**king disgusting.
It was a Canadian show btw.

There’s a discussion of the clip here, including the facts behind the show and guy's name.

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1104767
El Homerino

Post by El Homerino »

zt1903 wrote:
El Homerino wrote:
Openside wrote:

Christ on a bike 😳😳😳
It was a Canadian show btw.

There’s a discussion of the clip here, including the facts behind the show and guy's name.

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1104767

They are all a bit too accepting of it for me. It’s down right creepyz
Openside

Post by Openside »

El Homerino wrote:
Openside wrote:

Christ on a bike 😳😳😳
It would have done if I had seen it, it is obscene!!

If some TV presenter treated my child like that I would’ve clocked them!!
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

zt1903 wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Bokkom wrote:
1. It already was.

Which btw is what I think should happen with Moore. He’s going to win in Alabama, he’s ridden out the initial effect of the allegations, and his numbers are back on the rise.

But winning shouldn’t be the end of it, the allegations are horrendous and even though the statute of limitations has expired that doesn’t prevent a ethics committee investigation. The allegations should be properly heard and properly defended and his senate and/or party future decided there.

Good post btw :thumbup:
Traficant was under federal indictment and was going to end up in jail. The vote to expel him was 420 to 1. It requires two-thirds support, so for anyone to get expelled requires it to be bipartisan, and the person still has the benefit of a trial at least. To even get to that point the congressional ethics committees in each House have to look at it and make a recommendation.

Looking it up on Wikipedia, 20 people have ever been expelled from Congress, with 17 of those in 1861 for politicians supporting the Confederacy. (There are guys that were on the road to expulsion and chose to resign.)
Wallah

Post by Wallah »

EDIT. Some more names have come to light, Russell Simmons...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... caf80397bd

And Geoffrey Rush...

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/n ... ur-in-play

And that video mentioned above I could not watch the whole way through, it made me sick to my stomach :(( . How was that ok?
Last edited by Wallah on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Sonny Blount wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
paddyor wrote:I've no idea who Charlie Rose is but he seems to have shocked a lot of people.......and then at the same time someone is saying that theirs a parody character in The Royal Tenennbaums. Apparently a load of news agencys were carrying the stories but the wapo pulled the trigger first.

How can you claim to follow US affairs and not know him, he's been the leading light of intelligent discussion for a couple of decades.

How can you claim to follow US affairs and label Charlie Rose a leading light of intelligent discussion.
Nonsense. Rose's programme was a scutter free zone where people could talk about ideas, science, business or art, and even sport. The above is simple revisionism by you.

https://charlierose.com/videos/31163
https://charlierose.com/videos/30985
https://charlierose.com/videos/11260
https://charlierose.com/videos/23311
https://charlierose.com/collections/3
naki

Post by naki »

Sounds like Spacey went full Method with Keyser Soze.
The Usual Suspects shut down for two days over Kevin Spacey's 'sexual behaviour'
6 Dec, 2017 1:54pm

Production on The Usual Suspects was abruptly shut down for two days back in 1994 after Kevin Spacey was caught with a young actor on the set.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, Gabriel Byrne revealed that he and others on the set of the film were not initially aware of the situation, but slowly came to realise what had occurred over the years, reports The Daily Mail.

"I did not know honestly then the extent of his violence. I mean, he was kind of a joke in that people would say, 'That's Kevin,' but nobody really understood the depth of his predations," said Byrne.

"It was only years later that we began to understand that [filming] was closed down for a particular reason and that was because of inappropriate sexual behavior by Spacey."

Byrne went on to say that Spacey displayed an "element of absolute abuse of power" that he also saw in Harvey Weinstein.

Spacey's sexual misconduct also wrecked havoc on at least three other productions, with his television series House of Cards forced into a hiatus after he was accused of sexual misconduct.

It was announced on Monday that filming would resume next year on the Netflix show with Robin Wright Penn staying on in the lead role.

Netflix will not however be releasing Gore, the biopic about Gore Vidal that was filmed over the summer starring Spacey as the famed author.

Meanwhile, reshoots just wrapped on All The Money in the World after director Ridley Scott made the decision to cut Spacey from the finished film.

Byrne also spoke about the three movies he filmed with disgraced producer Weinstein, which included the 1991 film Into the West on which he met his future wife Ellen Barkin.

That film is also now marred for Byrne, with Weinstein's then-assistant Laura Madden detailing the sexual harassment she endured at the hands of her boss during their stay in a Dublin hotel near the set of the movie.

"I knew he was a vile bully and I saw his bullying up close," said Byrne.

"I saw him be absolutely appalling, not just to women but to men as well. He had very little respect for any kind of human being."

Byrne also said that he heard rumblings about Weinstein over the years, but never anything concrete.

"I heard that once or twice from two very well known actresses, but the problem when you hear something like that is, do you pass that on?" noted Byrne.

"Because if it's not true it's awful, and if it is true it's not your job to say, 'Well, I wasn't there, the door was locked, I don't know what happened, I just heard the story'."

He followed that up by stating: "But I did not know, and many people didn't know, the extent of the violence that he perpetrated on women."
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

naki wrote:Sounds like Spacey went full Method with Keyser Soze.
The Usual Suspects shut down for two days over Kevin Spacey's 'sexual behaviour'

Production on The Usual Suspects was abruptly shut down for two days back in 1994 after Kevin Spacey was caught with a young actor on the set.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, Gabriel Byrne revealed that he and others on the set of the film were not initially aware of the situation, but slowly came to realise what had occurred over the years, reports The Daily Mail.

"I did not know honestly then the extent of his violence. I mean, he was kind of a joke in that people would say, 'That's Kevin,' but nobody really understood the depth of his predations," said Byrne.

"It was only years later that we began to understand that [filming] was closed down for a particular reason and that was because of inappropriate sexual behavior by Spacey."

Byrne went on to say that Spacey displayed an "element of absolute abuse of power" that he also saw in Harvey Weinstein.

Spacey's sexual misconduct also wrecked havoc on at least three other productions, with his television series House of Cards forced into a hiatus after he was accused of sexual misconduct.

It was announced on Monday that filming would resume next year on the Netflix show with Robin Wright Penn staying on in the lead role.

Netflix will not however be releasing Gore, the biopic about Gore Vidal that was filmed over the summer starring Spacey as the famed author.

Meanwhile, reshoots just wrapped on All The Money in the World after director Ridley Scott made the decision to cut Spacey from the finished film.

Byrne also spoke about the three movies he filmed with disgraced producer Weinstein, which included the 1991 film Into the West on which he met his future wife Ellen Barkin.

That film is also now marred for Byrne, with Weinstein's then-assistant Laura Madden detailing the sexual harassment she endured at the hands of her boss during their stay in a Dublin hotel near the set of the movie.

"I saw him be absolutely appalling, not just to women but to men as well. He had very little respect for any kind of human being."

Byrne also said that he heard rumblings about Weinstein over the years, but never anything concrete.

"I heard that once or twice from two very well known actresses, but the problem when you hear something like that is, do you pass that on?" noted Byrne.

"Because if it's not true it's awful, and if it is true it's not your job to say, 'Well, I wasn't there, the door was locked, I don't know what happened, I just heard the story'."

He followed that up by stating: "But I did not know, and many people didn't know, the extent of the violence that he perpetrated on women."

Kevin Spacey and Bryan Singer... what a combination. :uhoh:
SecretAgentMan

Post by SecretAgentMan »

naki wrote:Sounds like Spacey went full Method with Keyser Soze.
Spoiler: show
[quote]The Usual Suspects shut down for two days over Kevin Spacey's 'sexual behaviour'

[/quote]
One or two Kobayashi moments from cast and crew members long after the fact, to be sure.
harvey wilson

Post by harvey wilson »

Not Hollywood but apparently Morgan Marquiz-Biore is pretty well known in the tech scene and an ex pat kiwi unfortunately.

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/www.thev ... ersecurity
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

fatcat wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

The super slow motion with the creepy voice overlay convinced me. Lock hm up!
naki

Post by naki »

harvey wilson wrote:Not Hollywood but apparently Morgan Marquiz-Biore is pretty well known in the tech scene and an ex pat kiwi unfortunately.

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/www.thev ... ersecurity
Hmmm, a ‘feminist’.

It seems there is nothing more dangerous for a female at the moment than a self-described male feminist.