Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

All things Rugby
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Because the host country sets the schedules. It was very unfair for the tier2 teams.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 29680
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by eldanielfire »

kovana wrote:
eldanielfire wrote: I don't appreciate the point. Because I know League is a small sport but it takes a real big load of insecurity to need to troll a League thread with such irrelevant points. I know league is a sport with a limited global impact with a presence of basically parts of two countries and some P.I. countries. It is tedious and borish to keep going on about it in a thread for League fans who want to follow the world cup perhaps without being trolled constantly by a t##t whose life is so empty he pretended to work for the IRB for years, dispite the fact no one believed you. I say that and I don't like League.
1. I never pretended to work for the IRB. I DID work for them. Fcuk you.

2. Also..

RLWC 2017 Crowds so far..

Total = 209,689 (11,649 per match)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RWC 2015 Crowds

Total = 2,477,805 (51,621 per match)

Still pretending I see. So sad creating a fake life for the internet. Especially insisting it's real when no one believed you.
User avatar
kovana
Posts: 5493
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by kovana »

eldanielfire wrote: Still pretending I see. So sad creating a fake life for the internet. Especially insisting it's real when no one believed you.

RLWC 2017 Crowds so far..

Total = 209,689 (11,649 per match)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 29680
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by eldanielfire »

kovana wrote:
eldanielfire wrote: Still pretending I see. So sad creating a fake life for the internet. Especially insisting it's real when no one believed you.

RLWC 2017 Crowds so far..

Total = 209,689 (11,649 per match)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
And? Have you somehow taken my or anybodies points as some sort of argument that League isn't a small sport? because nobody is arguing that.
User avatar
kovana
Posts: 5493
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by kovana »

eldanielfire wrote:
kovana wrote:
eldanielfire wrote: Still pretending I see. So sad creating a fake life for the internet. Especially insisting it's real when no one believed you.

RLWC 2017 Crowds so far..

Total = 209,689 (11,649 per match)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
And? Have you somehow taken my or anybodies points as some sort of argument that League isn't a small sport? because nobody is arguing that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You are a fcuken idiot!
User avatar
bessantj
Posts: 8866
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Location: Newport, Gwent

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by bessantj »

kovana wrote:
eldanielfire wrote: I don't appreciate the point. Because I know League is a small sport but it takes a real big load of insecurity to need to troll a League thread with such irrelevant points. I know league is a sport with a limited global impact with a presence of basically parts of two countries and some P.I. countries. It is tedious and borish to keep going on about it in a thread for League fans who want to follow the world cup perhaps without being trolled constantly by a t##t whose life is so empty he pretended to work for the IRB for years, dispite the fact no one believed you. I say that and I don't like League.
1. I never pretended to work for the IRB. I DID work for them. Fcuk you.
Is that why they changed their name?
rett
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 am
Location: LHI

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by rett »

eldanielfire wrote:
kovana wrote:
eldanielfire wrote: I don't appreciate the point. Because I know League is a small sport but it takes a real big load of insecurity to need to troll a League thread with such irrelevant points. I know league is a sport with a limited global impact with a presence of basically parts of two countries and some P.I. countries. It is tedious and borish to keep going on about it in a thread for League fans who want to follow the world cup perhaps without being trolled constantly by a t##t whose life is so empty he pretended to work for the IRB for years, dispite the fact no one believed you. I say that and I don't like League.
1. I never pretended to work for the IRB. I DID work for them. Fcuk you.

2. Also..

RLWC 2017 Crowds so far..

Total = 209,689 (11,649 per match)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RWC 2015 Crowds

Total = 2,477,805 (51,621 per match)

Still pretending I see. So sad creating a fake life for the internet. Especially insisting it's real when no one believed you.


Don't bother. He's trying (unsuccessfully) to hide his disappointment with Samoa's crap performances by pretending to hate League.

As for working for the IRB....interpersonal skills specialist?
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 29680
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by eldanielfire »

bessantj wrote:
kovana wrote:
eldanielfire wrote: I don't appreciate the point. Because I know League is a small sport but it takes a real big load of insecurity to need to troll a League thread with such irrelevant points. I know league is a sport with a limited global impact with a presence of basically parts of two countries and some P.I. countries. It is tedious and borish to keep going on about it in a thread for League fans who want to follow the world cup perhaps without being trolled constantly by a t##t whose life is so empty he pretended to work for the IRB for years, dispite the fact no one believed you. I say that and I don't like League.
1. I never pretended to work for the IRB. I DID work for them. Fcuk you.
Is that why they changed their name?
:lol:
User avatar
Demilich
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by Demilich »

MrJonno wrote:
Demilich wrote:I'd say the format worked, as they managed to maximise the number of "competitive" games possible during the pool stages, while still having the teams you'd expect to reach the finals making it (well 7 of them at least - traditionally you'd probably pick France over Lebanon, but Lebanon is stacked with NRL players).

Not a fan of having convoluted, lop-sided pools myself, but considering the limited number of competitive teams I think they actually nailed it.
I disagree that that is good in a cup competition. If you really want to prevent underdogs getting to the quarters just have 2 groups of 4 with them all qualifying for the quarters and another group for minnows who can't get anywhere.
I think it's good - the point is to crown the best team in the world, so you want a format that will see the most deserving teams there. If you can have some good competitive games and provide an opportunity to grow the game at the same time, then it's a good format.

If you divvied up the pools evenly and had two teams from each qualifying, you would have less competitive games and minnows would still face exactly the same equation - they have to roll one of the "second tier" (using the term very loosely) teams to qualify.
Bowens
Posts: 11040
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by Bowens »

CrazyIslander wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:The format is to prevent thrashings.
It's a joke but so is pretty much everything to do with league.
Tonga is playing Lebanon this weekend. Biggest game of the week in both codes really!
Looking forward to it. Tonga may blow them off the park but who knows in a knockout game.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Should win but they'll be a bit nervous.
User avatar
wamberal99
Posts: 4105
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by wamberal99 »

CrazyIslander wrote:Should win but they'll be a bit nervous.

Do you really believe that this is the biggest game of the week in BOTH codes?



Seriously?
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

wamberal99 wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:Should win but they'll be a bit nervous.

Do you really believe that this is the biggest game of the week in BOTH codes?



Seriously?
You sound like the chick at work today when I just told everyone same sex marriage is compulsory in Australia now. "No its not." "It doesn't mean that." "Are you serious?" :lol:
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Aus vs Samoa coming up.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Hmmmmmm Samoa look up for it.
Go Toa Samoa.
User avatar
TranceNRG
Posts: 9784
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Sunny London
Contact:

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by TranceNRG »

Is this the Auckland Samoa team?
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Good kick Samoa
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Bullshit. That was knocked on
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Kicking letting Samoa down
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Tonga 22 vs Lebanon 16 HT
User avatar
maxbox
Posts: 10736
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Spiritual Guardianland

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by maxbox »

fudge those arrogant Tongans up Lebanon! I want to hear the lamentation of Tongan Women from the Pak N Save baked goods section....
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Live on Ch7. Never happened in rugby.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

maxbox wrote:fudge those arrogant Tongans up Lebanon! I want to hear the lamentation of Tongan Women from the Pak N Save baked goods section....
I hope Fiji fvck u guys in the arse.
User avatar
Stu Wilsons gloves
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by Stu Wilsons gloves »

Tough call on Lebanon there.
User avatar
WoodlandsRFC
Posts: 4814
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:18 am
Location: The Kapiti Coast

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by WoodlandsRFC »

CrazyIslander wrote:Live on Ch7. Never happened in rugby.
Shocking, I would have thought Union to have a bigger audience in Australia.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

WoodlandsRFC wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:Live on Ch7. Never happened in rugby.
Shocking, I would have thought Union to have a bigger audience in Australia.
But this is Lebanon vs Tonga
User avatar
Stu Wilsons gloves
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by Stu Wilsons gloves »

WoodlandsRFC wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:Live on Ch7. Never happened in rugby.
Shocking, I would have thought Union to have a bigger audience in Australia.
:lol:
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Stu Wilsons gloves wrote:Tough call on Lebanon there.
Good call by ref.
User avatar
maxbox
Posts: 10736
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Spiritual Guardianland

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by maxbox »

CrazyIslander wrote:
maxbox wrote:fudge those arrogant Tongans up Lebanon! I want to hear the lamentation of Tongan Women from the Pak N Save baked goods section....
I hope Fiji fvck u guys in the arse.
Mean bantz..

:P
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

maxbox wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
maxbox wrote:fudge those arrogant Tongans up Lebanon! I want to hear the lamentation of Tongan Women from the Pak N Save baked goods section....
I hope Fiji fvck u guys in the arse.
Mean bantz..

:P
You might enjoy it.
User avatar
maxbox
Posts: 10736
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Spiritual Guardianland

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by maxbox »

:lol:
Last edited by maxbox on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

maxbox wrote:The mighty Cedar close the gap!
They're all over us tbh
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Tongan quick guys need to work more.
User avatar
maxbox
Posts: 10736
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Spiritual Guardianland

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by maxbox »

Mate Ma'a will score a quick 3 tries in succession.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Surrender!!!
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Phewwwww
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Hold on plz
User avatar
Stu Wilsons gloves
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by Stu Wilsons gloves »

The Tongan bogan is keeping Lebanon in it here.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Stu Wilsons gloves wrote:The Tongan bogan is keeping Lebanon in it here.
If he wasn't a bogan he wouldn't have turned his back on the Kangaroos.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19795
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Again.
Post Reply