Robin Masters gooooonnne

All things Rugby
Shrekles

Re: Robin Masters gooooonnne

Post by Shrekles »

Wasn't he Higgins? Robin Masters was never seen on the show if I remember correctly.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Shrekles wrote:Wasn't he Higgins? Robin Masters was never seen on the show if I remember correctly.
Magnum deduced that Higgins was really the real Robin Masters and the person everyone knew as "Robin Masters" (who was never shown) was an actor employed by HigginsMasters. This was never 100% confirmed, but if Thomas Magnum believed it, I believe it.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Shrekles wrote:Wasn't he Higgins? Robin Masters was never seen on the show if I remember correctly.
Magnum deduced that Higgins was really the real Robin Masters and the person everyone knew as "Robin Masters" (who was never shown) was an actor employed by HigginsMasters. This was never 100% confirmed, but if Thomas Magnum believed it, I believe it.
The truth
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

Ah... RIP Higgins.

Good old days, good old days.

The joy of watching Magnum in a holiday warm afternoon during the 2 months summer holiday as a kid, with italian shutters half closed, rays of summer sunlight partly lighting the room, with a glass of lemonade with ice... just before raiding the back country by bicycle for hours, with no phone, no computer. FREEDOM !

Fvcking hell, those were the days... and this is how life should be !
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

jolindien wrote:Ah... RIP Higgins.

The joy of watching Magnum in a holiday warm afternoon during the 2 months summer holiday as a kid, with italian shutters half closed, rays of summer sunlight partly lighting the room, with a glass of lemonade with ice... just before raiding the back country by bicycle for hours, with no phone, no computer. FREEDOM !

And who didn't want to live the life of Magnum!
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:

pretty much the point yeap.

when you realize higgins is gone
when you realize you'll be gone some day
when you realize you spend your life dealing with stupid work and dumbass bullshit
when you realize all the shits that piss you off all day long
then you realize you really should just stop all that, lie on a couch in the summer and watch magnum, have BBQ and beers and that's it. No shit will ever buy you a better heaven.
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

jolindien wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:

pretty much the point yeap.

when you realize higgins is gone
when you realize you'll be gone some day
when you realize you spend your life dealing with stupid work and dumbass bullshit
when you realize all the shits that piss you off all day long
then you realize you really should just stop all that, lie on a couch in the summer and watch magnum, have BBQ and beers and that's it. No shit will ever buy you a better heaven.

I'm with you, bud.
kiwidutchie

Post by kiwidutchie »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZT7xLjxuhs

Lucky he died before someone called him out for saying the 'N' word....
kiwidutchie

Post by kiwidutchie »

Higgins is the estate manager for Robin Masters' beachfront estate on Oahu, which is commonly referred to as Robin's Nest. After Orson Welles (who voiced Robin Masters) died, the show's writers decided to have Thomas Magnum, a private investigator and Head of Security for Robin's Nest, begin to suspect Higgins was Robin Masters. It later became a long running gag in the series after Thomas told his friends Theodore "T.C." Calvin, and Orville "Rick" Wright about his idea. In the final episode of the series, Higgins tells Magnum that he really is Robin Masters. However, Higgins later recants at Rick's wedding. This left a cliffhanger and 29 years later, still no one knows if Higgins is the mysterious and eccentric Robin Masters.
Inch high hogs eye

Post by Inch high hogs eye »

Didn’t realise he was a Texan :shock:
Stu Wilsons gloves

Post by Stu Wilsons gloves »

As long as TJ is O.K.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Tom Selleck pulled out of doing Radiers of the lost ark, because he was busy doing Magnum
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

Stu Wilsons gloves wrote:As long as TJ is O.K.

Um, it's TC (Thomas Calvin)

RIP Baron of Perth, Sgt Maj (ret) Jonathan Quayle Higgins III, VC

... as much as I will rage if the rumours of a Magnum reboot comes true, I have said for years (as a holder of every season on DVD) that I would happily watch a 'prequel' featuring the life and adventures of Higgins. He was forever working on his memoires and boring the gang with his stories, but there's an entire series in there featuring WW2 and colonial peacekeeping missions and probably the odd espionage affair.
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

backrow wrote:Tom Selleck pulled out of doing Radiers of the lost ark, because he was busy doing Magnum
Both Lucas and Spielberg thought Selleck was perfect for the part and were ready to shoot with him as the lead. Unfortunately for Selleck, the actor had already filmed a pilot for a CBS detective show called "Magnum P.I." and couldn't get out of the contract.

"[Spielberg and Lucas] held the offer out for about a month," Selleck told the Late Show With David Letterman. "The more they held out the offer and talked to the network the more the network said no ... so I had to kind of move on."