"What race is d**khead?"

All things Rugby
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13205
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by MungoMan »

bimboman wrote:
Thomas wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:When someone digs themselves that deep a hole, a report about a gif that does not reference any poster, nor is it posted directly after a post by that poster to give any sort of association other than being on the same thread is not going to cover over said hole.
So that particular report has been closed.
Now, also having had to read through 6+ pages of the wittering shite posted herein I've got one f**king hell of a twitch on.
Please, sort your shit out gentlemen, so I don't have to.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone tried to call a shovel a spade?
Yep. :lol:
Nope.
But yep but nope but yep.

Sadly tho', embellishing the relevant Snicker post with a gif of Motorhead's Ace of Spades is well beyond my capabilities.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by guy smiley »

bimboman wrote:
Thomas wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:When someone digs themselves that deep a hole, a report about a gif that does not reference any poster, nor is it posted directly after a post by that poster to give any sort of association other than being on the same thread is not going to cover over said hole.
So that particular report has been closed.
Now, also having had to read through 6+ pages of the wittering shite posted herein I've got one f**king hell of a twitch on.

Please, sort your shit out gentlemen, so I don't have to.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone tried to call a shovel a spade?
Yep. :lol:

Nope.
You appear to have some first hand knowledge related to this report.

Is that what you mean to imply, Bimboman?
Mick Mannock
Posts: 22585
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Mick Mannock »

Wait...a gif was reported?
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13205
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by MungoMan »

Mick Mannock wrote:Wait...a gif was reported?
The poster thereof, more likely.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 22585
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Mick Mannock »

MungoMan wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:Wait...a gif was reported?
The poster thereof, more likely.
There were only three posted I thought. Mine, C69, and a Simpsons one.
C69
Posts: 39412
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by C69 »

:lol:
Mick Mannock
Posts: 22585
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Mick Mannock »

Anyway this thread would have died an early death has Chuckles managed to avoid inviting an argument with his Muslims are a race post. He then proceeded to engage in a sort of argument-waltz taking both the male and female parts at the same time.
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 5522
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Mick Mannock wrote:Anyway this thread would have died an early death has Chuckles managed to avoid inviting an argument with his Muslims are a race post. He then proceeded to engage in a sort of argument-waltz taking both the male and female parts at the same time.
TBD, Bimbo and Seneca need to go and get some.fresh air...
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by guy smiley »

c69 wrote: :lol:
:o

:lol:
User avatar
Chuckles1188
Posts: 40610
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Chuckles1188 »

Yeah it's all my fault
Mick Mannock
Posts: 22585
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Mick Mannock »

Chuckles1188 wrote:Yeah it's all my fault
Only if you accept the concept of fault
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 16710
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: "What race is dickhead?"

Post by Zakar »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Andalu wrote:What is a non-practising Muslim?
Like a lapsed Catholic or atheist Jew
Which means what exactly? Genuine question because it seems like a really dumb thing to call one-self. "I'm an X that doesn't actually believe or act in accordance to any of the tenants of being an X". Well then you're not an X. You're an idiot.

BTW, if they called him a "monkey", that is obviously racist and a dickhead move.
I assume it's like being brought up in, and still a member of the culture surrounding the religion. Kind of like those kids that wore wallet chains, DC skate shoes and clothes and hung out with the skater kids without ever getting on a board.
I think they themselves are making the mistake of conflating religion with race and/or culture.

You can hang out, sitting cross-legged with a bunch of Iranian Muslims eating Kebabs and drinking Doogh (which is f'n delicious btw way, and great for hangovers) all you want. That does not make you a "non-practicing Muslim". It just literally a nonsensical thing to say. The minute you actually start believing or practicing Islam in any shape or form, you become some sort of Muslim. While you're not doing any of that, you're not any type of Muslim.

I'm the non-practicing professional GOAT rugby player. I'm the non-practicing Prime Minister of Australia. wtf.
Religion and culture are pretty heavily mixed mate, it's just a way of acknowledging you are still heavily in the culture even if you don't believe (shit you might even go to services just for the social aspect, I know a few lip service Christians that do that, but don't believe the bible). Hardly does any harm.
bimboman
Posts: 65887
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by bimboman »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:Anyway this thread would have died an early death has Chuckles managed to avoid inviting an argument with his Muslims are a race post. He then proceeded to engage in a sort of argument-waltz taking both the male and female parts at the same time.
TBD, Bimbo and Seneca need to go and get some.fresh air...

Yes, but Muslim as a race, race doesn't exist, but Irish bloke doesn't . :lol:

Usual stuff. I've posted nothing controversial , been incorrectly accused of something and end up in the wrong. It's the way some people are allowed to carry on.

Will still post as I see fit, I won't post trolls on mental or physical health, race or addiction issues. Apart from that what I want.

And to clarify, "Muslim" isn't an issue of and cannot under any circumstances be an issue of the social concept of "race" it is a choice of belief "chioice" ....

Prevelance of Sickle cell is highest by any measure than even Bahrain or east Bangladesh is some parts of Equatorial Arfica.

Again , it was used as an example of the silly chuckles premise that you can choose your own "race" , concept or not.

CE insinuated I was a racist, just as other posters with even less of an argument often pop in to make accusations along those lines or to troll mental health issues it isn't acceptable.
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Turbogoat »

bimboman wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:Anyway this thread would have died an early death has Chuckles managed to avoid inviting an argument with his Muslims are a race post. He then proceeded to engage in a sort of argument-waltz taking both the male and female parts at the same time.
TBD, Bimbo and Seneca need to go and get some.fresh air...

Yes, but Muslim as a race, race doesn't exist, but Irish bloke doesn't . :lol:

Usual stuff. I've posted nothing controversial , been incorrectly accused of something and end up in the wrong. It's the way some people are allowed to carry on.

Will still post as I see fit, I won't post trolls on mental or physical health, race or addiction issues. Apart from that what I want.

And to clarify, "Muslim" isn't an issue of and cannot under any circumstances be an issue of the social concept of "race" it is a choice of belief "chioice" ....

Prevelance of Sickle cell is highest by any measure than even Bahrain or east Bangladesh is some parts of Equatorial Arfica.

Again , it was used as an example of the silly chuckles premise that you can choose your own "race" , concept or not.

CE insinuated I was a racist, just as other posters with even less of an argument often pop in to make accusations along those lines or to troll mental health issues it isn't acceptable.
Yeah, nah.
User avatar
Sefton
Posts: 15489
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Sefton »

I reported myself for saying I didn’t think Bimbo is a racist.
2 weeks off for narcissism and not thinking
Nolanator
Posts: 38207
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Nolanator »

Eh, what happened on this thread? I read the first page a few days ago and saw Ika doing his thang, but a quick skim of the last two pages are fairly WTF... :?
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12005
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Nolanator wrote:Eh, what happened on this thread? I read the first page a few days ago and saw Ika doing his thang, but a quick skim of the last two pages are fairly WTF... :?
What's the point of outright lying? If you need to do that to make your point, maybe you should rethink whatever point you're trying to make, because it's probably bullshit.

This one aside, I've made a whopping 4 posts in this thread. All of them on the last page or two.
Nolanator
Posts: 38207
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Nolanator »

My apologies. I scanned back and see I was wrong. I think when skimming I thought Seneca's avatar was yours.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 22585
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Mick Mannock »

Nolanator wrote:My apologies. I scanned back and see I was wrong. I think when skimming I thought Seneca's avatar was yours.
Hmmm...right
Santa
Posts: 10698
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Santa »

bimboman wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:Anyway this thread would have died an early death has Chuckles managed to avoid inviting an argument with his Muslims are a race post. He then proceeded to engage in a sort of argument-waltz taking both the male and female parts at the same time.
TBD, Bimbo and Seneca need to go and get some.fresh air...

Yes, but Muslim as a race, race doesn't exist, but Irish bloke doesn't . :lol:

Usual stuff. I've posted nothing controversial , been incorrectly accused of something and end up in the wrong. It's the way some people are allowed to carry on.

Will still post as I see fit, I won't post trolls on mental or physical health, race or addiction issues. Apart from that what I want.

And to clarify, "Muslim" isn't an issue of and cannot under any circumstances be an issue of the social concept of "race" it is a choice of belief "chioice" ....

Prevelance of Sickle cell is highest by any measure than even Bahrain or east Bangladesh is some parts of Equatorial Arfica.

Again , it was used as an example of the silly chuckles premise that you can choose your own "race" , concept or not.

CE insinuated I was a racist, just as other posters with even less of an argument often pop in to make accusations along those lines or to troll mental health issues it isn't acceptable.
It clearly is acceptable. Unfortunately.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12005
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Nolanator wrote:My apologies. I scanned back and see I was wrong. I think when skimming I thought Seneca's avatar was yours.
Meh fair enough.

But maybe if you didn't have such a big hard-on for me you wouldn't make those kind of mistakes.
Nolanator
Posts: 38207
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Nolanator »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Nolanator wrote:My apologies. I scanned back and see I was wrong. I think when skimming I thought Seneca's avatar was yours.
Meh fair enough.

But maybe if you didn't have such a big hard-on for me you wouldn't make those kind of mistakes.
*kisses*
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 5522
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Turbogoat wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:Anyway this thread would have died an early death has Chuckles managed to avoid inviting an argument with his Muslims are a race post. He then proceeded to engage in a sort of argument-waltz taking both the male and female parts at the same time.
TBD, Bimbo and Seneca need to go and get some.fresh air...

Yes, but Muslim as a race, race doesn't exist, but Irish bloke doesn't . :lol:

Usual stuff. I've posted nothing controversial , been incorrectly accused of something and end up in the wrong. It's the way some people are allowed to carry on.

Will still post as I see fit, I won't post trolls on mental or physical health, race or addiction issues. Apart from that what I want.

And to clarify, "Muslim" isn't an issue of and cannot under any circumstances be an issue of the social concept of "race" it is a choice of belief "chioice" ....

Prevelance of Sickle cell is highest by any measure than even Bahrain or east Bangladesh is some parts of Equatorial Arfica.

Again , it was used as an example of the silly chuckles premise that you can choose your own "race" , concept or not.

CE insinuated I was a racist, just as other posters with even less of an argument often pop in to make accusations along those lines or to troll mental health issues it isn't acceptable.
Yeah, nah.
Nah, yeah
bimboman
Posts: 65887
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by bimboman »

[quote]It clearly is acceptable. Unfortunately.[quote]

Oddly it appears so. I've actually tried to see if it would be addressed it hasn't been.
User avatar
Hong Kong
Posts: 7895
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Hong Kong »

bimboman wrote:
It clearly is acceptable. Unfortunately.

Oddly it appears so. I've actually tried to see if it would be addressed it hasn't been.
Don’t worry. It has been addressed
User avatar
koroke hangareka
Posts: 2856
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is dickhead?"

Post by koroke hangareka »

Zakar wrote: Religion and culture are pretty heavily mixed mate, it's just a way of acknowledging you are still heavily in the culture even if you don't believe (shit you might even go to services just for the social aspect, I know a few lip service Christians that do that, but don't believe the bible). Hardly does any harm.
Absolutely. Religion isn't just a set of opinions, it's culture and community and a way of life. It's quite possible, and common, to devote a considerable portion of your life to religious observance and ritual without giving any thought at all to the ideas that form the doctrines that you profess to believe. And why not? Few people have much patience for deep philosophical theorising about the meaning of life, but just about everyone benefits from strong communities bound together by shared principles and celebrations.

Ika understands religion about as well as he understands feminism.
bimboman
Posts: 65887
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by bimboman »

Absolutely. Religion isn't just a set of opinions, it's culture and community and a way of life. It
So a convert gets to choose from the array of cultures attached to their chosen religion ? Can they chose only 1 or mix em all up a bit ?
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Turbogoat »

bimboman wrote:
Absolutely. Religion isn't just a set of opinions, it's culture and community and a way of life. It
So a convert gets to choose from the array of cultures attached to their chosen religion ? Can they chose only 1 or mix em all up a bit ?
They can choose 3 to begin with, after that any extra selections cost 2.50 each.
It's just like ordering pizza toppings, really.
User avatar
Murdoch
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Murdoch »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Murdoch wrote:Just watched the video twice.

No-one said: "what race is dickhead"?

In fact Watts barely made a peep at all.

Politicians :roll:
Great post

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/9 ... replies%2F
Cheers! I watched two different videos and neither had it.
C69
Posts: 39412
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by C69 »

Turbogoat wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Absolutely. Religion isn't just a set of opinions, it's culture and community and a way of life. It
So a convert gets to choose from the array of cultures attached to their chosen religion ? Can they chose only 1 or mix em all up a bit ?
They can choose 3 to begin with, after that any extra selections cost 2.50 each.
It's just like ordering pizza toppings, really.
:thumbup: it's like responding to word soup ffs
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 5619
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Slim 293 »

Sam Dastyari's far-right abuser guilty of contempt over footage

Neil Erikson found guilty of posting footage where he is seen wearing a Toll uniform while ambushing the former senator


Far-right activist Neil Erikson has been found guilty of contempt after posting online an inflammatory video in which former senator Sam Dastyari was called a “terrorist” and a “monkey”.

The convicted stalker and racial vilifier was on Thursday found in contempt for publishing the video footage and also posting photos on his Twitter page, defying previous court orders.

Transport company Toll Group took its former employee Erikson to court in December, alleging he and his associates linked to far-right groups Patriot Blue and United Patriots kept wearing its uniform in inflammatory videos and images, in a deliberate bid to damage its brand.

On Thursday, federal circuit court judge Suzanne Jones found Erikson in contempt of her 7 December order not to publish videos or photographs that tended to identify individuals as Toll employees, when they were not.

The video footage, posted on Erikson’s YouTube page, shows him wearing a Toll polo shirt, ambushing Dastyari at a Footscray pub book launch in November, when the Iranian-born politician was called a “terrorist”.

The video shows an exchange between Erikson and a woman sitting next to the former senator.

“Is this sort of activity sanctioned by Toll?” she asks.

Erikson replies: “I thought Labor were for working-class Aussies, mate. You don’t like free speech?”

She responds: “Whatever you do in your uniform, you’re actually representing your employer.”

Erikson replies: “Here we go, Labor trying to sack working class, Labor trying to sack Aussie workers.”

The contempt finding also relates to four photos on Erikson’s Twitter page showing him with associate Ricky Turner in a Toll uniform, despite Turner having never been an employee.

Jones found unproven an allegation that Erikson committed further contempt by failing to return all uniforms and property belonging to Toll.

Erikson stopped working for Toll in 2014 but worked for the company again in Tasmania in 2017 before being sacked.

He was not in court for the judgment. The matter is due back in court on 13 March to determine any punishment.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... er-footage
User avatar
Gazzamonster
Posts: 6958
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Gazzamonster »

So these guys took the time to take multiple recordings from seperate phones of them verbally abusing a non practising muslim - essentially racially stereotyping someone - edited it together - and then put it up on social media as if it is a badge of honour???

Their future job hunts are going to be interesting.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 16710
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Zakar »

Plus seemingly wearing Toll uniforms in an effort to disparage one of their former employers. Very strange at best.

Probably locked in a future in the dole. Maybe that was the point.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12005
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by Mog The Almighty »

The Optimist wrote:
The Labor senator was filmed, against his will, being bullied and racially vilified by a coven of burly, high-vis vest-wearing halfwits at a university bar in Melbourne.
They called Dastyari, an Iranian-born non-practising Muslim, a "terrorist" and a "monkey".
When Dastyari called them racist, they asked him: "What race is Islam?"


The scene was instantly familiar to anyone who has ever been bullied - the thugs' slow circling of their prey, the escalating taunts, the malicious dance on the edge of violence. They enjoyed every minute.
And on Dastyari's face, the uneasy calculations of the victim: Can I laugh this off? Can I ignore them? Will anyone step in to help?
The bar staff didn't, but Dastyari's fellow Labor MP Tim Watts was nearby, ducking in and out of the shakily-filmed video.
Watts stuck close to his friend and delivered what might just be the line of the year when he asked one of the men: "What race is dickhead?"
Obviously Australian.
Yeah this is bullshit.

It's very annoying when actual real racists and bigots hijack the logic of intelligent and reasoned critics of dogmatic religion and use it totally inappropriately. Harassing an individual is just not on unless they're hardcore and ranting in the streets or threatening violent behaviour. An Australian Iranian politician who is a non-practising Muslim is an extremely poor choice of target and only exposes that these dickheads (good line) really are racist bigots. I highly doubt the consider or understand any nuanced, intelligent critque of religious doctrine, including Islam, or know anything at all about the history of Iran and Islam.

It is important, imo, to be critical of Islam, and for that critque to be allowed in the public space without being accused of racism and bigorry, but this isn't that.
100MileDad
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm

Re: "What race is d**khead?"

Post by 100MileDad »

I think we should just ban the word "monkey" it causes far too many issues.
Post Reply