OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic presidential nominee thread

All things Rugby
Bowens

Re: OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic presidential nominee thread

Post by Bowens »

Yang did well. Felt like he was too restrained in earlier debates but he was assertive and got his message out there. 2024 or 2028 I would look out for him, he’s way ahead of other people on some important issues.

Biden yelling at Warren was weird. Everyone but Bernie took a shot at her which basically confirms frontrunner status but she held her own.

AOC is endorsing Bernie in a big rally Saturday. It’s coming at the right time, he needs a boost. His performance tonight was much better than last time.
comets

Post by comets »

BERNIE/WARREN 2020? bernie might not finish his term so warren as POTUS... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek ..i know tulsi once said if Bernie ran, she would love to be her VP..not sure if US is ready for a hindu POTUS if bernie gets sick..
kiwinoz

Post by kiwinoz »

comets wrote:BERNIE/WARREN 2020? bernie might not finish his term so warren as POTUS... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek ..i know tulsi once said if Bernie ran, she would love to be her VP..not sure if US is ready for a hindu POTUS if bernie gets sick..
Wrong Indian, Are the US ready for Cherokee Liz?
zt1903

Post by zt1903 »

kiwinoz wrote:
comets wrote:BERNIE/WARREN 2020? bernie might not finish his term so warren as POTUS... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek ..i know tulsi once said if Bernie ran, she would love to be her VP..not sure if US is ready for a hindu POTUS if bernie gets sick..
Wrong Indian, Are the US ready for Cherokee Liz?
He’s referring to Tulsi who is Hindu.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Sounds like the candidates are now turning on Warren.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

eldanielfire wrote:Sounds like the candidates are now turning on Warren.
Normally a sign their internal polling show she's winning.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Flyin Ryan wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:Sounds like the candidates are now turning on Warren.
Normally a sign their internal polling show she's winning.
She appears to be in the lead in the external polls as well.
Bowens

Post by Bowens »

It was the same thing that happened to Biden in the first two debates. It’s called leading in the polls.

There are like eight more of these which is hard to believe, but at least we have probably seen the last of 2% Beto who isn’t qualified for the one in November.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

TheFrog wrote:I think Bidden should stand down now that a cloud of suspicion hangs over his son's head.
:lol:
saffer13

Post by saffer13 »

Quality (not really) debate last night. Interesting to see the really important questions being answered....Ellen and Bush :blush: :lol:
saffer13

Post by saffer13 »

FullbackAce wrote:Warren making fool of himself by thanking Obama and omitting Biden for helping her bill :lol: For a smart person she's pretty dumb.
She has a gender crisis as well?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

saffer13 wrote:
FullbackAce wrote:Warren making fool of himself by thanking Obama and omitting Biden for helping her bill :lol: For a smart person she's pretty dumb.
comets

Post by comets »

I think trump is trying to bring down Biden to create discord amongst democrats and not doing it cause he thinks Biden will be a challenge for him, cause he isn't..if anything, he WANTS Biden to be the Demo choice for POTUS2020 so that he can malign him during the elections like he did with Hillary and the email scandal and win....its sort of genius by this moron..i just hope the DUMBOCRATS realise this before choosing Biden as their candidate..
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

For your horror or delight

https://www.bernietax.com
FullbackAce

Post by FullbackAce »

Mr Mike wrote:For your horror or delight

Single 45k, 0 = – $1,312.00

Not that scary. But not happy about it either. I can do a lot with extra 1300 bucks.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

I see Jimmy Dore is ripping apart the recent (and past) hit pieces on Tulsi. Funny how the sources the NYT or CNN cite for anti-Tulsi stories are so non-credible even Facebook bans them or directly connected with the DNC or US Government pro-war establishment. Also CNN anchors who are married to Goldman Sachs employees who are notorious for investing in wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_iJsy-bJ-k
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

FullbackAce wrote:

Not that scary. But not happy about it either. I can do a lot with extra 1300 bucks.
Or you could just pay it and help out the less fortunate? Nobody likes taxes but if one is able to, I honestly don't understand why having to pay is seen as such a burden.
wamberal99

Post by wamberal99 »

flaggETERNAL wrote:
FullbackAce wrote:

Or you could just pay it and help out the less fortunate? Nobody likes taxes but if one is able to, I honestly don't understand why having to pay is seen as such a burden.

One way or another, the taxpayer usually pays. Having a decent universal health system is actually a helluva lot cheaper than letting the poor fend for themselves.

This is the nub of it. Why doe the richest and most powerful nation in the world have the unhealthiest population of all developed countries? And what is the cost impact of that?
merlin the happy pig

Post by merlin the happy pig »

eldanielfire wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
It's her main qualification :)
kiwinoz

Post by kiwinoz »

eldanielfire wrote:I see Jimmy Dore is ripping apart the recent (and past) hit pieces on Tulsi. Funny how the sources the NYT or CNN cite for anti-Tulsi stories are so non-credible even Facebook bans them or directly connected with the DNC or US Government pro-war establishment. Also CNN anchors who are married to Goldman Sachs employees who are notorious for investing in wars.

They hate her with a passion. Maybe because she thinks before she talks.
FullbackAce

Post by FullbackAce »

flaggETERNAL wrote:
FullbackAce wrote:

Hey, I'm already supporting Sanders. against my interest for that matter. Fucker still hasn't said anything about Russia sanctions, and I'm gonna get paid less too with his taxes... least I can do is complain about it.

Plus I'm the only person working in a family of four so I doubt that many people are actually poorer than me.
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

Did nobody tell Tulsi that just cause the GOP are sending the Dems their talking points doesn't mean she is suppose to use them!
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

[quote="eldanielfire"]I see Jimmy Dore is ripping apart the recent (and past) hit pieces on Tulsi. Funny how the sources the NYT or CNN cite for anti-Tulsi stories are so non-credible even Facebook bans them or directly connected with the DNC or US Government pro-war establishment. Also CNN anchors who are married to Goldman Sachs employees who are notorious for investing in wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_iJsy-bJ-k[/qoute]

Same Jimmy Dore that pushed the Seth Rich conspiracy theory with other right wing sites correct? I mean his track record should be included for context. But then again you think Ben Shapiro is an honest debater, so there is that.
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

kiwinoz wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:I see Jimmy Dore is ripping apart the recent (and past) hit pieces on Tulsi. Funny how the sources the NYT or CNN cite for anti-Tulsi stories are so non-credible even Facebook bans them or directly connected with the DNC or US Government pro-war establishment. Also CNN anchors who are married to Goldman Sachs employees who are notorious for investing in wars.

Noonan!
kiwinoz

Post by kiwinoz »

Welcome back DT! I dont get your Noonan reference. I googled and got this though from peggy Noonan writing for the WSJ
Can Democrats Take Impeachment Seriously?
If it’s a straight party-line vote, they’ll win in the House, fail in the Senate, and lose in America.
Pretty much sums up the cray cray party line.
Macrosan

Post by Macrosan »

Deadtigers wrote:

Same Jimmy Dore that pushed the Seth Rich conspiracy theory with other right wing sites correct? I mean his track record should be included for context. But then again you think Ben Shapiro is an honest debater, so there is that.
Jimmy Dore is a progressive comedian and a Bernie Bro, but hey call him a fascist and a nazi just because he calls out CNN/MSNBC for their anti-Bernie bias and believes that Trump is a symptom of the problem rather than the problem, and that the Democrats lost the last election because they had the most unelectable candidate in history.

Here is another example of Jimmy Dore spouting Republican talking points - hmm then again maybe it is a progressive talking point
https://twitter.com/jimmy_dore/status/1 ... 03904?s=20
Last edited by Macrosan on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

kiwinoz wrote:

Indeed. Independent thoughts on US regime change wars, especially from soldiers are not to be allowed.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Deadtigers wrote:

Oh look, Hilary Clinton's mouth piece who believes everyone else to to blame for her loss is back to once again not challenge the facts, but cast aspersions and smears as his line of defense and declare all honest fact based criticisms as Republican talking points.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Macrosan wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

Jimmy Dore is a progressive comedian and a Bernie Bro, but hey call him a fascist and a nazi just because he calls out CNN/MSNBC for their anti-Bernie bias and believes that Trump is a symptom of the problem rather than the problem, and that the Democrats lost the last election because they had the most unelectable candidate in history.

Here is another example of Jimmy Dore spouting Republican talking points - hmm then again maybe it is a progressive talking point
https://twitter.com/jimmy_dore/status/1 ... 03904?s=20
Deadtigers has long been of the technique that other sue of just shouting "NAZI" or rather the variants of it when good political criticisms are made or the facts don't suit the Dem establishment. So critics are "in bad faith" or rehashing "republican talking points". The latter being stupid considering he uses it coming from the left of his precious favs and well, guess what, questions form outside the warm Democrat bubble are relevant in the real world.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Why do people vote in these primaries, when things like what happened in western Virginia 4 years ago can happen?

No wonder people don't bother turning up at the election, and that people like Trump go through...
Akkerman

Post by Akkerman »

Hillary not holding back
Hillary Clinton has just done an interview with David Plouffe, Barack Obama’s former campaign manager, and wow. She did not hold back.
For starters, the former Democratic presidential candidate suggested that Russia had compromising information, or kompromat, on Trump.

Clinton also said she thought Jill Stein, the Green Party’s 2016 presidential nominee, was a Russian asset: “Yeah, she’s a Russian asset – I mean, totally. They know they can’t win without a third-party candidate. So I don’t know who it’s going to be, but I will guarantee you they will have a vigorous third-party challenge in the key states that they most needed.”

Clinton did offer a suggestion of who the next “Russian asset” might be: Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard.

Clinton said in an apparent reference to the Hawaii congresswoman: “I’m not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on someone who’s currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate. She’s the favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far.”

During Tuesday’s presidential debate, Gabbard lashed out against a New York Times article that noted she was frequently mentioned on Russian state media, a surprising trend given that she is polling in the low single digits.

However, the congresswoman has said she would not launch an independent presidential bid if she lost the Democratic nomination.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Akkerman wrote:Hillary not holding back
Hillary Clinton has just done an interview with David Plouffe, Barack Obama’s former campaign manager, and wow. She did not hold back.
For starters, the former Democratic presidential candidate suggested that Russia had compromising information, or kompromat, on Trump.

Clinton also said she thought Jill Stein, the Green Party’s 2016 presidential nominee, was a Russian asset: “Yeah, she’s a Russian asset – I mean, totally. They know they can’t win without a third-party candidate. So I don’t know who it’s going to be, but I will guarantee you they will have a vigorous third-party challenge in the key states that they most needed.”

Clinton did offer a suggestion of who the next “Russian asset” might be: Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard.

Clinton said in an apparent reference to the Hawaii congresswoman: “I’m not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on someone who’s currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate. She’s the favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far.”

During Tuesday’s presidential debate, Gabbard lashed out against a New York Times article that noted she was frequently mentioned on Russian state media, a surprising trend given that she is polling in the low single digits.

However, the congresswoman has said she would not launch an independent presidential bid if she lost the Democratic nomination.
Lovely woman. Can't think why she lost.
Bokkom

Post by Bokkom »

Santa wrote:

DT will tell you at length why she lost.
Over to you, DT.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

The Stein comments :lol:

5.73% of the certified electoral votes in 2016 did not go to Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. When you count in all the write-in votes that most state and county election boards do not bother to count, we're upwards of 6%.

The Libertarian Party tripled their best-ever performance in an election in 2016. The Greens had easily their best result after Nader 2000. An ex-CIA guy fed up with the Republican Party nominating Trump announced 4 months prior to the election, was on the ballot in less than a third of the states, got 732,000 votes, and took 21% of the total vote in Utah (Clinton for comparison had 27%).

When you consider the wasted vote phenomenon leads to a lot of people voting "lesser of 2 evils", these were the 2 least supported main party candidates in some time (1996 for the 2nd of Perot's runs), and that's throwing in the fact that none of the 3rd party efforts ever reached the Perot/Anderson "taken seriously by the media" level. Gary Johnson 2016 was not Ralph Nader 2000 as far as mainstream attention and publicity, and Johnson outperformed Nader.

Of course, that'd require humility on the part of Hillary Clinton for her or her campaign staff to look in a mirror. I hate Trump, and I hated Trump before the election, but damn it am I glad Hillary Clinton did not become president.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Flyin Ryan wrote:The Stein comments :lol:

5.73% of the certified electoral votes in 2016 did not go to Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. When you count in all the write-in votes that most state and county election boards do not bother to count, we're upwards of 6%.

The Libertarian Party tripled their best-ever performance in an election in 2016. The Greens had easily their best result after Nader 2000. An ex-CIA guy fed up with the Republican Party nominating Trump announced 4 months prior to the election, was on the ballot in less than a third of the states, got 732,000 votes, and took 21% of the total vote in Utah (Clinton for comparison had 27%).

When you consider the wasted vote phenomenon leads to a lot of people voting "lesser of 2 evils", these were the 2 least supported main party candidates in some time (1996 for the 2nd of Perot's runs), and that's throwing in the fact that none of the 3rd party efforts ever reached the Perot/Anderson "taken seriously by the media" level. Gary Johnson 2016 was not Ralph Nader 2000 as far as mainstream attention and publicity, and Johnson outperformed Nader.

Of course, that'd require humility on the part of Hillary Clinton for her or her campaign staff to look in a mirror. I hate Trump, and I hated Trump before the election, but damn it am I glad Hillary Clinton did not become president.
Yep, plenty of people wouldn't vote for either candidate last election. And those people sure as feck ain't now voting for Trump 2020. I suspect Warren might get some of those votes, a 2016 Biden would have got a big chunk but not so sure about the 2020 Biden, Bernie will get a few but probably not enough to matter, regardless you might suspect 2020 is going to be much like 2016... expect the unexpected.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Santa wrote:

Good looking though.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

f**king hell, Clinton has lost the f**king plot. Russians! Russian! Russians everywhere. I see Russians!

We now know a bunch of these "Russian asset" sources are bollocks and usually from organisations headed by Clinton's mates, surely they can see the whole "Russians an disguise" angle for everyone not supporting the USAs blood stained foreign policy is not working except in the delusional DNC establishment bubble?

The fact is Hilary was a terrible candidate and Trump won largely because as we know from Wikileaks Hilary and friends made the utterly stupid mistake to direct their friends ad agents in the media to focus on Trump thinking he was a joke and underestimating how savvy he was to the needs of certain voters and in keeping media attention on himself, how the public was already starting to get tired of the MSM BS and how their former working class voters were finally tired of broken establishment promises and being taken for granted from an establishment who where essentially telling them "tough cookie" on jobs and globalisation issues.
puku

Post by puku »

Clinton may have a point, certainly in Wisconsin, re the Jill Stein vote and Russian interference. However, you get what you sow, or don't sow in this case, and her lack of campaigning in that state ultimately cost her not Jill Stein.

I do wish she would disappear into the background though. Move the fück on.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Seneca of the Night wrote:Okay, this is gonna be huge. This is the BIG ONE.

https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status ... 07328?s=19
Looks DYNAMITE
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

puku wrote:Clinton may have a point, certainly in Wisconsin, re the Jill Stein vote and Russian interference. However, you get what you sow, or don't sow in this case, and her lack of campaigning in that state ultimately cost her not Jill Stein.

I do wish she would disappear into the background though. Move the fück on.
Jill Stein is a Russian asset?

I think that's just smearing sh!t everywhere personally.