All things Rugby
Deadtigers

Re: OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic presidential nominee thread

Post by Deadtigers »

kiwinoz wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
You really cant read. I addressed Kio by name. I made a separate paragraph. Like I made it clear I was no longer talking to you. And yet you think I was. Whatever school gave you your degree should be sued for malpractice.
It may have been a mistake, but there isn't anyone called Kio here. I assume it was just some insult I was unaware of :lol: Now you've explained it it can be deduced, even though uou are literally the only person who uses it for some reason. But please don't even begin to compare whose qualifications are more worthwhile here :lol:.
KiwinOz. I have called him KiO and Kio for f**king ages including several times in this thread. Use the search function and you will see that(search.php?keywords=KiO&terms=all&autho ... mit=Search) just like how I address you shorthand as EDF or edf. Just take the f**king L for once and stop digging. I also possess 3 degrees so feel free to list and talk about your qualifications.
Miss me hun? 8)
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
You really cant read. I addressed Kio by name. I made a separate paragraph. Like I made it clear I was no longer talking to you. And yet you think I was. Whatever school gave you your degree should be sued for malpractice.
It may have been a mistake, but there isn't anyone called Kio here. I assume it was just some insult I was unaware of :lol: Now you've explained it it can be deduced, even though uou are literally the only person who uses it for some reason. But please don't even begin to compare whose qualifications are more worthwhile here :lol:.
KiwinOz. I have called him KiO and Kio for f**king ages including several times in this thread. Use the search function and you will see that(search.php?keywords=KiO&terms=all&autho ... mit=Search) just like how I address you shorthand as EDF or edf. Just take the f**king L for once and stop digging. I also possess 3 degrees so feel free to list and talk about your qualifications.
:lol: There is no digging. EDF is as obvious and probably more commonly typed than my full name. And certainly a search will show no one else has referred to him as Kio nor have I ever been involved in any Kio name usage. No one uses it :lol: And Oh dear we have resorted to you trying to boast about your useless qualifications. You'll be posting your degrees up next for confirmation :lol:
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
:lol: There is no digging. EDF is as obvious and probably more commonly typed than my full name. And certainly a search will show no one else has referred to him as Kio nor have I ever been involved in any Kio name usage. No one uses it :lol: And Oh dear we have resorted to you trying to boast about your useless qualifications. You'll be posting your degrees up next for confirmation :lol:
Man can't admit he is too dumb to comprehend coliqual shorthand. Is called an idoit and that his college should be sued for malpractice. This same man smugly says let's not compare qualifications. The person who calls him an idoit, says let's do so, I have 3. Now this pathetic sad sack is accusing the guy of boasting. You want to be smug about your education despite failing basic reading comprehension and asking about what you dont know. So dont now pretend you are above dick measuring when you came in waving your dick in your hand.
kiwinoz

Post by kiwinoz »

Deadtigers wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
Miss me hun? 8)
8) :lol:

DT - you and your family safe from CoVid, bad cops and liberals?
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Encouraging signs of the party rallying around Biden
Former Bernie Sanders campaign co-chair Nina Turner offered a not-so-appetizing analogy when asked about voting for presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

Turner, who was a prominent surrogate for Sen. Sanders, I-Vt., during the 2020 Democratic primary, expressed her lack of excitement for the former VP to The Atlantic.

“It’s like saying to somebody, ‘You have a bowl of sh-- in front of you, and all you’ve got to do is eat half of it instead of the whole thing.’ It’s still sh--," Turner described to Atlantic staff writer Peter Nicholas.

Harvard University professor Cornel West, who also supported Sanders during the primary, had a similar stance in the article.
"We have to be true to ourselves and acknowledge that Biden is a mediocre, milquetoast, neoliberal centrist that we’ve been fighting against in the Democratic establishment," West said.
kiwinoz

Post by kiwinoz »

Mr Mike wrote:Encouraging signs of the party rallying around Biden
Former Bernie Sanders campaign co-chair Nina Turner offered a not-so-appetizing analogy when asked about voting for presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

Turner, who was a prominent surrogate for Sen. Sanders, I-Vt., during the 2020 Democratic primary, expressed her lack of excitement for the former VP to The Atlantic.

“It’s like saying to somebody, ‘You have a bowl of sh-- in front of you, and all you’ve got to do is eat half of it instead of the whole thing.’ It’s still sh--," Turner described to Atlantic staff writer Peter Nicholas.

Harvard University professor Cornel West, who also supported Sanders during the primary, had a similar stance in the article.
"We have to be true to ourselves and acknowledge that Biden is a mediocre, milquetoast, neoliberal centrist that we’ve been fighting against in the Democratic establishment," West said.
:lol: :lol: They will eat their own every time. :nod:

TBF you dont see the word "milquetoast" used that often.
I had to look it up and found it was a comic stripcharcter from the 20's: show
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
Man can't admit he is too dumb to comprehend coliqual shorthand. Is called an idoit and that his college should be sued for malpractice. This same man smugly says let's not compare qualifications. The person who calls him an idoit, says let's do so, I have 3. Now this pathetic sad sack is accusing the guy of boasting. You want to be smug about your education despite failing basic reading comprehension and asking about what you dont know. So dont now pretend you are above dick measuring when you came in waving your dick in your hand.
Basic reading comprehension = abbreviation of a nickname not encountered before, of a poster I rarely interact with and nobody else has ever used. Yeah right, you've lost it again :lol:
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

If EDF is a teacher in the UK then I weep for the youth of the UK.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Muttonbirds wrote:If EDF is a teacher in the UK then I weep for the youth of the UK.
I'm sure if your teachers see you right now they'll be crying.

Post by 4071 »

af73 wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
TheFrog wrote:I am personally very concerned that Biden will lose this election. He appeared so old and weak, people are not going to trust him to empower him with the job. Trump will have a field day demolishing him...

Who is the third candidate? Can he be a viable option?
He's handled every dem opponent fine, he destroyed golden boy Ryan in a debate only 4 years ago.
He's a slower in cadence but he isn't frail.

Trump was demonstrating his water drinking abilities and pretending to slouch down a ramp at his latest limp noodle rally.
I get being pessimistic and I agree Biden is too old, but don't give Trump more credit than he deserves.
Biden will have a comfortable and healthy lead going into this I agree.

However, the worry is rightly, Biden will be on his own and will have to think for himself and no pre-prepared questions. If Trump continues to fire at home and land shots as he tends to do, Biden will be in headlights.

Does that mean people will switch from Biden to Trump. No. But the apathy will mean they don't vote and Donald will win. (speculating but it's a fair chance this might happen.)
The debates are going to be pointless, as they have become, for anybody wanting to find out something they don't already know.

It's going to be Jerry Springer-esque with the wounded, cornered creature that is Trump lashing out in every direction and incessantly talking over everyone as if he was at ones of his rallies.
Joe will likely try to be the face of reason, the stark contrast thinking that's how politics and campaigning still works.

I think I read they moved one of the debates from Michigan to FLorida which Trump will love - his crowd.
The last 27 polls taken in Florida show Biden in the lead. The last Florida poll that favoured Trump was in March.

In large part this is probably down the inept handling of covid. Both by Trump and the Trump-aligned de Santis. So things can still change quickly, but Trump hasn't exactly been winning over Floridians even last year.

Post by 4071 »

Fangle wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Fangle wrote:What’s the latest on Biden’s choice as a running mate? The Democratic Convention is set for August 17th and I presume he will announce it then, but there must be some rumours.
Kamala Harris seems to be frontrunner. There's also Tammy Duckworth. Stacey Abrams.
Stacey Abrams? What has she done other than lose to a very weak Republican candidate for governor, and be a state senator?
To be fair, that was in solid Republican Georgia. And the winner engaged in both legal and illegal voter suppression before and during the election as well using his position as incumbent to publicly launch an unfounded investigation into his rival for non-existent crimes in the days before the election.

You know. Proper old-school Republican corruption.
Waratah

Post by Waratah »

4071 wrote:
Fangle wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Fangle wrote:What’s the latest on Biden’s choice as a running mate? The Democratic Convention is set for August 17th and I presume he will announce it then, but there must be some rumours.
Kamala Harris seems to be frontrunner. There's also Tammy Duckworth. Stacey Abrams.
Stacey Abrams? What has she done other than lose to a very weak Republican candidate for governor, and be a state senator?
To be fair, that was in solid Republican Georgia. And the winner engaged in both legal and illegal voter suppression before and during the election as well using his position as incumbent to publicly launch an unfounded investigation into his rival for non-existent crimes in the days before the election.

Pretty good overview of Biden's options here.

Chief consideration among a few put in the piece, at least to my mind, is that Biden is very hard for the GOP to attack, so they'll go after the VP as not just the putative 2024 frontrunner, but a potentially unelected president taking over before that.
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

He is an old white male, the key GOP demographic. So the best they have is creepy Joe or sleepy Joe but whe. Your guy is Trump that cant hold water. So the best they can do is say he is a front for the more extreme wing of the party. It may work with low information voters but those who aren't know that Biden is very slow and deliberate to adopt new stances but that is a positive.
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

eldanielfire wrote:
Basic reading comprehension = abbreviation of a nickname not encountered before, of a poster I rarely interact with and nobody else has ever used. Yeah right, you've lost it again :lol:
Again the abbreviation has been used all over this thread and others but keep feigning ignorance.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

I do worry a lot about the outcome of this election, with the COVID crisis in the background.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

No, it is not a joke.

There is no punchline.

It is dementia.

It is not funny.

It is desperately sad.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Again the abbreviation has been used all over this thread and others but keep feigning ignorance.
Your logic and rationale is terrible as well have long known. If I knew what the abbreviation was then why did I not know you were speaking to someone else in the first place?

You can't have it both ways. Either I don't understand the abbreviation, which explains why I thought you were speaking to me, or I do understand the abbreviation, upon which why would I think you are speaking to me when you posted it?
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Waratah wrote:
4071 wrote:
Fangle wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:

Pretty good overview of Biden's options here.

Chief consideration among a few put in the piece, at least to my mind, is that Biden is very hard for the GOP to attack, so they'll go after the VP as not just the putative 2024 frontrunner, but a potentially unelected president taking over before that.
Aside, but I do wish we elected the president and VP separate.

The second half of your last sentence is fair game. Is it going to change many people's votes? Unless the VP nominee is a complete embarrassment, no.

We've not had a VP become president for 46 years, and for an elected VP 57 years. The only other such streak in the history of the presidency is 52 years at the beginning from 1789 to 1841. From 1841 to 1974, it happened 9 times in contrast. So present society has not really dealt with the VP becoming #1 for some time in an internet era, in a PAC era, in a weak political party era. I wonder how it would function in practice in the modern day. If Trump died in say 2018, it's not a given the GOP would have just fell in line behind Pence or conceded the 2020 nomination to him. I think the opposite is true most likely.

Biden it is plain as day he'll only be a single termer. So the Democrats looking to run in 2024 will start angling for it around end of 2022. Is the VP really going to survive that hailstorm?
Santa

Post by Santa »

Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Not sure if I posted this previously, but for VP's becoming president, this bit of trivia I picked up in January.
Was listening to a Bulwark podcast yesterday, and they were discussing from a couple weeks ago the news that Biden has told people privately he'd only serve a single term. The host was saying that Biden if he does win would be 82 in 2024, that the VP selection would be important as if they were selecting 2 presidents because he or she would be in the driver's seat for 2024. The guest said "they don't really do that in the Democratic Party, who was the last VP that became president without promoting up due to the president's death?"

I thought about it and looked it up, you have to go all the way back to Martin Van Buren getting elected in 1836 to find the last Democratic Vice President that was later elected President where he wasn't an incumbent president. He was Andrew Jackson's vice president in Jackson's 2nd term.

Here's a full list of the 5. The top 2 of course elected under a completely different election system:

John Adams - VP 1789-1797, elected to presidency in 1796
Thomas Jefferson - VP 1797-1801, elected in 1800
Martin Van Buren - VP 1833-1837, elected in 1836
Richard Nixon (only one on this list that had a break between VP and becoming president) - VP 1953-1961, elected in 1968
George H.W. Bush - VP 1981-1989, elected in 1988

And yet, a lot of VP's have ran. Just talking post-World War II:

Henry Wallace 1948 (3rd party run against Harry Truman after the Democrats unceremoniously dumped him at the 1944 Democratic National Convention knowing FDR was about to die)
Alben Barkley 1952 (lost Democratic nomination to Adlai Stevenson)
Richard Nixon 1960 (Republican nominee, lost narrowly, later won in 1968)
Hubert Humphrey 1968 (Democratic nominee, lost to Nixon)
Walter Mondale 1984 (Democratic nominee, gigantic phenomenal loss to Reagan)
George H.W. Bush 1988 (Republican nominee, won)
Dan Quayle 2000 (ran for Republican nomination but found little support)
Al Gore 2000 (Democratic nominee, lost narrowly)
Joe Biden 2020 (running for Democratic nomination)

So Biden is attempting to be the 6th of this group and the 2nd after Nixon to have a gap between his vice presidency and the presidency.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Santa wrote:Police groups abandoning the DNC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... rity%3famp
The Democrats have written off police unions.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Flyin Ryan wrote:

Indeed.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

More reiterated their position than abandoned I'd have thought.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Karen Bass' political career is over due to the Veepstakes. She might remain a Representative but I think it's likely some Democrat will challenge her.

She was getting some press and a huge oppo-research dump occurred (probably Kamala Harris allies) of her past support for Fidel Castro, the Church of Scientology, the Nation of Islam.
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

Flyin Ryan wrote:

They are to unions as the NRA is to sports association.
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

Flyin Ryan wrote:Karen Bass' political career is over due to the Veepstakes. She might remain a Representative but I think it's likely some Democrat will challenge her.

She was getting some press and a huge oppo-research dump occurred (probably Kamala Harris allies) of her past support for Fidel Castro, the Church of Scientology, the Nation of Islam.
It might have been Liz, but Kamala is cutthroat.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Deadtigers wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:Karen Bass' political career is over due to the Veepstakes. She might remain a Representative but I think it's likely some Democrat will challenge her.

It might have been Liz, but Kamala is cutthroat.
Californians on a political message board I'm on say it's Kamala's M.O. California due to the Democrats' dominance there is very machine-y.

Saw in my MSN feed when I opened up a web browser a Politico headline of "Progressives alarmed by Rice's large investements". So some people out there funded are doing some hatchet jobbing.

Warren I think is a complete red herring. I don't see it being her at all. Supposedly Governor Whitmer of Michigan is having some late interest reported in the press, but my gut pick is it's Harris with Rice being the ranking outsider. Biden in my opinion should just do something fun and have it be a floor vote. Considering the considerable speculation that whoever is the VP nominee will become president prior to January 20th, 2025, I think having a shred of democratic legitimacy and forcing the nominee to actually be selected by delegates outside of the president's inner circle would be a good and welcome idea. I don't expect it however.

New York Times have an opinion article calling for the debates to be cancelled, incase you want more tea leaves that Biden's mental faculties are failing. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/opin ... -2020.html

Both parties did these health questions in 2016. It's not above board in my opinion, but Biden being our oldest-ever elected president if he wins as expected and these questions were front and center during the primaries, doing the same cognitive decline pieces on Trump, it's not like Democrats can say this is bad form now. This Biden coalition is going to fall apart the day after the election is over, what happens from there all bets are off.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

The NYT getting excited about having a woman on the ticket.
"It’s hard to fathom, but it has been 36 years since a man and a woman ran together on a Democratic Party ticket. To use Geraldine Ferraro’s favorite expression, 'Gimme a break!'"
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

It should be Rice. Biden said he wants someone experienced. Rice can walk into the oval office on the first day after Biden's state funeral and not look out of place. Harris is too divisive for democrats from what I've read.
Bokkom

Post by Bokkom »

Corporate stooges, the lot of them.
I like that bowl of shit comparison by Nina Turner.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Rice is a neo-con but at least she's competent. Should be good except for the wars. Blank slate on domestic policy.

Harris is nasty and lazy.

The others are kooks.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Biden has picked California Senator Kamala Harris to be his running mate.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Diamond Joe took his time about it.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Joe will be very excited to hear who he has picked.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Mr Mike wrote:Joe will be very excited to hear who he has picked.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

:|
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Mr Mike wrote:The NYT getting excited about having a woman on the ticket.
"It’s hard to fathom, but it has been 36 years since a man and a woman ran together on a Democratic Party ticket. To use Geraldine Ferraro’s favorite expression, 'Gimme a break!'"
2016 - HILLARY CLINTON and Tim Kaine

(I see Fox News already beat me to this point. Maureen Dowd's column was changed to "it has been 36 years since a man chose a woman to run together on a Democratic Party ticket.")
Santa

Post by Santa »

Very amusing choice. She is a nasty piece of work. Should be, what's the word I'm looking for... interesting.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Flyin Ryan wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:The NYT getting excited about having a woman on the ticket.
2016 - HILLARY CLINTON and Tim Kaine

(I see Fox News already beat me to this point. Maureen Dowd's column was changed to "it has been 36 years since a man chose a woman to run together on a Democratic Party ticket.")
You and your fancy facts...
Santa

Post by Santa »

Voted VP Most Likely to Kill the Boss.