Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19224
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
One last card to play

Nicholls is it?? fark me, gently - with a pienapple


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6958
Oh well.

Still a very enjoyable series. Shame that Rosco couldn't play in this one.

I reckon the test series will be just as interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11200
Guptil goooooooone. Big wicket for England - he was just starting to motor.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12601
Well what a bloody disappointment. Gotta give it to the England openers, been all over us all series.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
FFS! :lol:

Well done, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40663
This shower of shit after such a great game the other day :x :x :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5705
Is the surface covered in cracks and green grass? The Black Caps: how to make a flat track look impossible to bat on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11200
Gazzamonster wrote:
Oh well.

Still a very enjoyable series. Shame that Rosco couldn't play in this one.

I reckon the test series will be just as interesting.


Yep, would have preferred to see Taylor out there - quite a big drop off from him to Chapman.

Hard to tell which way the tests will go - we're a much better ODI side than test side.

Still lots of cricket left in this game - Santner hasn't even got to the crease yet. Get 220 and let your spinners loose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5705
Nicolls ain't picking them. Won't last much longer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8736
ovalball wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
Oh well.

Still a very enjoyable series. Shame that Rosco couldn't play in this one.

I reckon the test series will be just as interesting.


Yep, would have preferred to see Taylor out there - quite a big drop off from him to Chapman.

Hard to tell which way the tests will go - we're a much better ODI side than test side.

Still lots of cricket left in this game - Santner hasn't even got to the crease yet. Get 220 and let your spinners loose.

:lol: Yeah, nah.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:42 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16019
What's the point of selecting players who can concentrate for long periods, if they're going to get out anyway?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5640
Location: Worst Mod ever, so sayeth the mob
SecretAgentMan wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
Oh well.

Still a very enjoyable series. Shame that Rosco couldn't play in this one.

I reckon the test series will be just as interesting.


Yep, would have preferred to see Taylor out there - quite a big drop off from him to Chapman.

Hard to tell which way the tests will go - we're a much better ODI side than test side.

Still lots of cricket left in this game - Santner hasn't even got to the crease yet. Get 220 and let your spinners loose.

:lol: Yeah, nah.


There is plenty of cricket left, it just won't be NZ playing any of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8851
Location: Sydney Town
This is like watching the Blues play 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8736
blackblackblack wrote:
There is plenty of cricket left, it just won't be NZ playing any of it.

True dat. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8736
Auckman wrote:
This is like watching the Blues play 8)

Dunno, the Blues are often still in the running at half time before they implode.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5769
Need more white players.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5705
Tehui wrote:
What's the point of selecting players who can concentrate for long periods, if they're going to get out anyway?

Where do you propose we get them from? Japan has only invented the sex robot. They can't play cricket yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5705
Wow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5705
Didn't we beat Australia from a worst position than this? Once.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 760
This series deserved a better finale than this :((

It has shown us that Chapman isn't up to it at this level (not yet anyway but maybe never).
De Grandhomme is way way too inconsistent. He has the talent but maybe not the temperament.
Munro has been disappointing and maybe should be a T20 only player...his ODI record sux shit.
And really Taylor is the only reason we took this series to a decider and without him we can't compete with England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5705
Davedj77 wrote:
This series deserved a better finale than this :((

It has shown us that Chapman isn't up to it at this level (not yet anyway but maybe never).
De Grandhomme is way way too inconsistent. He has the talent but maybe not the temperament.
Munro has been disappointing and maybe should be a T20 only player...his ODI record sux shit.
And really Taylor is the only reason we took this series to a decider and without him we can't compete with England.

The 2015 World Cup too. It's a common theme.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5769
We don't have 11 international class players in this country.

We have, at most, 7:

Guptil
Williamson
Taylor
Santner
Sodhi
Southee
Boult


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11200
These two batting very well - could still post a worthwhile target.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5705
J Man wrote:
We don't have 11 international class players in this country.

We have, at most, 7:

Guptil
Williamson
Taylor
Santner
Sodhi
Southee
Boult

This. That's only 3 top order batters and you need them to fire every game with those odds.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2195
Location: No home....chickenrunning
Damn it, damp squib this!

Really cant see another England collapse, when they bat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3211
Location: Queensland!
Kiwias wrote:
This shower of shit after such a great game the other day :x :x :x


Welcome to supporting the Black Caps :nod:

Congrats England, finally winning something Downunder :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11200
odd144 wrote:
Damn it, damp squib this!

Really cant see another England collapse, when they bat.


Far from over yet - albeit, this does look like quite a good pitch to bat on - bit of turn but it isn't a bunsen.

England will only have themselves to blame (again) if they let this one slip away. But I've seen them lose from better positions.

129/6 from 35


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5769
Sky TV hammering to death the Holden Equinox ad.

Jesus.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40663
Salient wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
This shower of shit after such a great game the other day :x :x :x


Welcome to supporting the Black Caps :nod:

Congrats England, finally winning something Downunder :thumbup:


Welcome??

I've been doing this since the mid-60s.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8736
Well batted, Nicholls. Gritty innings in a losing cause.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19224
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Enzedder wrote:
One last card to play

Nicholls is it?? fark me, gently - with a pienapple



Damn - almost worked. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8736
Nicholls gooone!

Santa's found some good consistent form with the bat during this series. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5705
Southee is good for 5 or 6 and won't last more than over 46.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8736
Well batted, Santa. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12072
Wakes up, looks at score. Fk it. I’m going back to sleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5705
Wheel out Trento to swing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8736
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Wakes up, looks at score. Fk it. I’m going back to sleep.

It's early afternoon here but I might do the same.

Santa gone. Handy innings, but we needed a lot more from the top order to be anywhere near competitive.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40663
time to take the dogs for a long walk

a couple of decent overs and a target of 230 would be good



edit: southee goes!


Last edited by Kiwias on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 1515
Location: LHI
Sensational catch!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8736
That was a brilliant catch!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], kiwigreg369, koroke hangareka, Tehui, UncleFB, wamberal, Zakar and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group