Chat Forum
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 8:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:39 pm 

Ali's Choice wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:
We arlready have more than our fair share of individual brilliance, where we are sadly lacking (STILL!!) is someone to drive them around the park.

I reckon you need a couple of really good locks. Guys who will play tight and work hard every single game. You put Sam Whitelock and Brodie Retallick in that team and I can almost guarantee that lots of their issues around workrate and the breakdown will be resolved, which will help the halves play better.

:lol: true enough, but pretty much any team on the planet would be improved by having Sam and Brodie slotted in there ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:44 pm 

Flockwitt wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:
We arlready have more than our fair share of individual brilliance, where we are sadly lacking (STILL!!) is someone to drive them around the park.

I reckon you need a couple of really good locks. Guys who will play tight and work hard every single game. You put Sam Whitelock and Brodie Retallick in that team and I can almost guarantee that lots of their issues around workrate and the breakdown will be resolved, which will help the halves play better.

:lol: true enough, but pretty much any team on the planet would be improved by having Sam and Brodie slotted in there ;)

True, but my point is still valid. The Blues still lack a grafting culture. They still lack players who are genuinely happy to hit rucks all day, for 80 minutes. There is a saying 'hard work beats talent' and it is very true for Rugby. It doesn't matter how talented you are, if you're not prepared to work hard you'll get beaten by someone who does. The Blues team is still populated by school prodigies who have probably never had to work hard on a Rugby field. Do you think someone like Akira Ioane got where he is today through hard work? Sure, he has had to train, but he got where he is on the back of prodigious talent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:12 am 

kiwigreg369 wrote:
in my mind it's too early to call Blues on this season.

That said clearly the Blues are a clusterfcuk and the RFU should consider stepping in more actively to:
- Increase the coaching talent at the Blues - a Wayne Smith like character (he added a lot at the Chiefs)
- consider if some player moves are necessary.

They will win two of their next four and then welcome tahs to Auckland. If they win that they would probably be around 10th in the table.

KG

Sir Ted came aboard for a while when Kirwan was coaching, and results didn't get any better. Maybe we need more than just better coaches. But it would be a start. Wayne Smith, Dingo, even Jake White would be great

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:53 am 

JLDP had a phenomenal game. The difference between the sides. Otherwise not much between them. You get those games when one player just makes it all happen. We have missed him dearly early season. His brother Dan is still to come back.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:05 am 

bleacher wrote:
Sards wrote:
JLDP had a phenomenal game. The difference between the sides. Otherwise not much between them. You get those games when one player just makes it all happen. We have missed him dearly early season. His brother Dan is still to come back.

Yes, the Sharks had some purple patches that would have blown any of the NZ sides away. Their offloads were phenomenal, as was JLDP's pace and power. Yet up until Saturday the Sharks hadn't clicked at all. It was just one of those games where it all came together for them.
The Blues don't deserve the abuse they're getting for apparent lack of effort. Tana acknowledged that the willingness was there, but that what was unacceptable were the indiscipline and poor decision-making as exemplified by wasteful second-half kicking away of possession.

Correct. Up until yesterday Sharks supporters have had very little to be happy about. In fact it's been depressing. It was just one click away . Let's see how they go against the Canes before we get too excited

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:29 am 

My friend that I made a Blues fan texted me and asked me "what is wrong with these bumpkins!?

I had to tell him, we are the Browns of NZ Rugby. They need to get rid of the whole management team and fire everyone down to youth development.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:32 am 

Deadtigers wrote:
My friend that I made a Blues fan texted me and asked me "what is wrong with these bumpkins!?

I had to tell him, we are the Browns of NZ Rugby. They need to get rid of the whole management team and fire everyone down to youth development.

Rotten to the core.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:56 pm 

Whoever said we needed hard grafting energiser bunny locks, I think it was Ali, is on the money.

I am so bloody disappointed in Tuipulotu these past two years. This guy should be the leader of the tight-five, yet he is barely making a dent. I am also really disappointed Scrafton hasn't stepped up. His club colleague, Taleni Seu, stepped up at the Chiefs, whereas this guy has not. Yet if Taleni Seu came to the Blues, I bet you he would be just as shit. I haven't got a clue what it is about the Blues franchise but players never really perform to their potential when they are here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:34 pm 

Auckman wrote:
Whoever said we needed hard grafting energiser bunny locks, I think it was Ali, is on the money.

I am so bloody disappointed in Tuipulotu these past two years. This guy should be the leader of the tight-five, yet he is barely making a dent. I am also really disappointed Scrafton hasn't stepped up. His club colleague, Taleni Seu, stepped up at the Chiefs, whereas this guy has not. Yet if Taleni Seu came to the Blues, I bet you he would be just as shit. I haven't got a clue what it is about the Blues franchise but players never really perform to their potential when they are here.

Well you won't have to worry about Scrafton. He's done his ACL and won't play again this year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:11 am 

I thought Scarfton was good last year paired with Cowley-Tuioti. We had PT off the bench. That was the best combination we ran with last season.

I'd certainly kill for a young Anthony Boric right now, tho.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11