UK millennials are too scared to touch raw meat

All things Rugby
Dark

UK millennials are too scared to touch raw meat

Post by Dark »

Thought this was pretty funny

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... amish/amp/
Millennials so squeamish about handling raw meat it is to be sold in touch-free packs

Supermarket is to introduce touch-free packaging to help squeamish millennials who are afraid to touch raw meat before cooking it.

Sainsburys said it was bringing in the straight-to-pan plastic pouches, which are known in the industry as after a survey showed the prospect of coming into contact with uncooked meat products induced high levels of anxiety among shoppers under the age of 35.

“Customers, particularly younger ones, are quite scared of touching raw meat,"; Katherine Hall, product development manager for meat, fish and poultry at the retailer, told The Sunday Times.

These bags allow people, especially those who are time-poor, to just ‘rip and tip’ the meat straight into the frying pan without touching it.”

The fear of contamination by bacteria such as campylobacter, which is found in some raw poultry and can cause severe food poisoning, was so great that one woman admitted in a focus group to coating her chicken with antibacterial spray before cooking it, Ms Hall recalled.

“A lot of younger people are eating out in restaurants but they are not preparing as much food in their home. If they are not used to it, they may think, ‘Ugh! I’d prefer someone else to do it for me.’”

So-called millennials - those born after 1980 - have been dubbed the "snowflake" generation for their political correctness and apparent inability to become reconciled to some of everyday life’s harsher truths, such as the fact that meat may have come from a dead animal.
Raggs

Re: UK millennials are too scared to touch raw meat

Post by Raggs »

Dark wrote:Thought this was pretty funny
Millennials so squeamish about handling raw meat it is to be sold in touch-free packs

Supermarket is to introduce touch-free packaging to help squeamish millennials who are afraid to touch raw meat before cooking it.

Sainsburys said it was bringing in the straight-to-pan plastic pouches, which are known in the industry as after a survey showed the prospect of coming into contact with uncooked meat products induced high levels of anxiety among shoppers under the age of 35.

“Customers, particularly younger ones, are quite scared of touching raw meat,"; Katherine Hall, product development manager for meat, fish and poultry at the retailer, told The Sunday Times.

These bags allow people, especially those who are time-poor, to just ‘rip and tip’ the meat straight into the frying pan without touching it.”

The fear of contamination by bacteria such as campylobacter, which is found in some raw poultry and can cause severe food poisoning, was so great that one woman admitted in a focus group to coating her chicken with antibacterial spray before cooking it, Ms Hall recalled.

“A lot of younger people are eating out in restaurants but they are not preparing as much food in their home. If they are not used to it, they may think, ‘Ugh! I’d prefer someone else to do it for me.’”

So-called millennials - those born after 1980 - have been dubbed the "snowflake" generation for their political correctness and apparent inability to become reconciled to some of everyday life’s harsher truths, such as the fact that meat may have come from a dead animal.
Article states that it's a fear of contamination and food poisoning, then decides to try and take a swipe by suggesting the issue is it came from a dead animal...

Ridiculous anyway of course, and likely only a minority, but why not take the chance to have a swipe.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... amish/amp/

They are doing well in that case.

Or do they mean a sit down in Burger King?
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

So their mothers didn't teach them to wash their hands?

I saw one such hero last week call the AA because he couldn't change the wheel on his car when he discovered a flat tyre.

Soft cocks....
englishchief

Post by englishchief »

Is this really true though? Even my youngest has no problem with handling raw chicken, she's helped out her mother in the kitchen quite a lot growing up. And she is so young she might not even fit in to the millenial age range!
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

obelixtim wrote:So their mothers didn't teach them to wash their hands?

I saw one such hero last week call the AA because he couldn't change the wheel on his car when he discovered a flat tyre.

Soft cocks....
He probably could not wire a plug, grill a steak, shine his shoes, kill and injured animal or fell a tree either.
P in VG

Post by P in VG »

obelixtim wrote:So their mothers didn't teach them to wash their hands?

Soft cocks....
I saw an old codger call a nurse because he'd shat his pants.

Snowflake....
Brazil

Post by Brazil »

MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Brazil wrote:Image
We all have our foibles, our idiosyncrasies, our little peculiarities.

Me, I used to shit in bakeries.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

I made a lamb roast last night, then used the bones to make stock. Got to massage the rosemarylive oil and garlic into the flesh for the best flavour.

So, therefore this article is wrong.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Zakar wrote:I made a lamb roast last night, then used the bones to make stock. Got to massage the rosemarylive oil and garlic into the flesh for the best flavour.

It was pre-cooked lamb though wasn't it? If not, thats really dirty mate.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Farva wrote:
Zakar wrote:I made a lamb roast last night, then used the bones to make stock. Got to massage the rosemarylive oil and garlic into the flesh for the best flavour.

I cooked it.
Wilson's Toffee

Post by Wilson's Toffee »

englishchief wrote:Is this really true though? Even my youngest has no problem with handling raw chicken, she's helped out her mother in the kitchen quite a lot growing up. And she is so young she might not even fit in to the millenial age range!

They are fokken lazy. Most of these fiemies we see and hear about are young (and old) people being too lazy to do basic stuff for themselves.

Too lazy to realise that other people can see through their ruse, too.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Zakar wrote:
Farva wrote:

I cooked it.
As long as you didnt touch it when it was raw.
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Farva wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Farva wrote:

I cooked it.
In certain areas of Wales (New Zealand, if you must) they're waiting with bated breath to find out if the lamb was still alive when he was massaging it with olive oil.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Turbogoat wrote:
Farva wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Farva wrote:

I cooked it.
In certain areas of Wales (New Zealand, if you must) they're waiting with bated breath to find out if the lamb was still alive when he was massaging it with olive oil.
A lamb roast has taken on a whole new meaning.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

See what a fukced up education and upbringing all these people must have received.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

So I'm guessing Liver a la Portnoy is off the menu for the younger folk nowadays?
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Raggs wrote:See what a fukced up education and upbringing all these people must have received.
That they're buying into these manufactured outrage clickbait articles?
Farva

Post by Farva »

Millennials also being the ones who bought you this:

Millennials, simultaneously not touching raw meat while not cooking meat properly.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Turbogoat wrote:
Raggs wrote:See what a fukced up education and upbringing all these people must have received.
That they're buying into these manufactured o9utrage clickbait articles?
Except for the quote from the actual supermarket saying they are doing it and why
frillage

Post by frillage »

Farva wrote:Millennials also being the ones who bought you this:

Millennials, simultaneously not touching raw meat while not cooking meat properly.

You can eat some chicken rare or even raw.
crash 669

Post by crash 669 »

Unsurprisingly that was my first thought too.
Average Joe

Post by Average Joe »

For fear of accidentally touching their own shit they wrap bog paper at the end of a long stick to wipe their arse with.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Don't they do raw chicken in Japan?
crash 669

Post by crash 669 »

Zakar wrote:Don't they do raw chicken in Japan?
They do but I thought it was safe because it's super fresh. The only person I know who's eaten it said the chicken was wandering around outside an hour before it was on the plate.
Dark

Post by Dark »

As long as you trust the process went through to get the chicken to you, you're chances of getting sick from under cooked chicken is piss all.

Ie you don't want to do it with supermarket chicken

A mate who has them No worries
frillage

Post by frillage »

crash 669 wrote:
They do but I thought it was safe because it's super fresh. The only person I know who's eaten it said the chicken was wandering around outside an hour before it was on the plate.
More important is the slaughter and butchery, though fresh is always best for anything raw (aged beef being an exception)
deadduck

Post by deadduck »

When will people cotton on to the fact that it's not the millennials, it's their shit parents that are the problem.
Wilson's Toffee

crash 669 wrote:
Unsurprisingly that was my first thought too.
Ja. Meat can be prohibitively expensive.
Invicta

Post by Invicta »

deadduck wrote:When will people cotton on to the fact that it's not the millennials, it's their shit parents that are the problem.
:nod:

If you're brought up on a diet of pre-chopped vegetables and still think broccoli is "baby trees" when you're double figures-years old then you'll have a skewed view of food.

There're also the Fearnley-Whittingstall acolytes at the other end of the spectrum, though. Those that wouldn't dream of eating any animal unless they were wearing a scarf made from it's alimentary canal.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

crash 669 wrote:

They probably told you that, but in reality they'd seen the chef spray it with Dettol.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

So we're going to increase waste product from packaging so...people's hands don't touch dead pig and cow?
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Flyin Ryan wrote:So we're going to increase waste product from packaging so...people's hands don't touch dead pig and cow?
Don't know about extra packaging, just different design. And if it works it'll save water as no need to wash hands beforer handling anything else.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

deadduck wrote:When will people cotton on to the fact that it's not the millennials, it's their shit parents that are the problem.

I pass this one then, both my boys have gutted, plucked and eaten small ducks.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Raggs wrote:

Article states that it's a fear of contamination and food poisoning, then decides to try and take a swipe by suggesting the issue is it came from a dead animal...

Ridiculous anyway of course, and likely only a minority, but why not take the chance to have a swipe.
Yep. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Wilson's Toffee

What do millenials do for sex ?
pjm1

Post by pjm1 »

Wilson's Toffee wrote:What do millenials do for sex ?
Wear gloves?
Wilson's Toffee

x(

Probably.
englishchief

Post by englishchief »

They also sell apple slices in plastic packets now. Imagine that! I'm not joking, Tesco's and Sainsbury's both sell them.