Stand your ground law in Florida

All things Rugby
Mullet 2

Re: Stand your ground law in Florida

Post by Mullet 2 »

I would doubt very much half the bored would park in a disabled spot.

We're mouth cúnts not complete wankers
nardol

Post by nardol »

ohhh I don't know mullet .... I would have the disability rate on here as quite high
FairWeather_Aussie

Post by FairWeather_Aussie »

Mullet 2 wrote:I would doubt very much half the bored would park in a disabled spot.

She was stopped not parked, for a minute or two, where she was behind the wheel and could immediately move if someone needed the spot. Not the same as parking in a spot and leaving the car there for an indeterminate amount of time, thus denying a handicapped person parking. The moral outrage, virtue signalling is pretty thin in this case.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

It's OK to "stop" in a disabled spot. OK buddy.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

FairWeather_Aussie wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:I would doubt very much half the bored would park in a disabled spot.

She was stopped not parked, for a minute or two, where she was behind the wheel and could immediately move if someone needed the spot. Not the same as parking in a spot and leaving the car there for an indeterminate amount of time, thus denying a handicapped person parking. The moral outrage, virtue signalling is pretty thin in this case.
Sorry, they shouldn't have been in that spot. So what if she was sat in the car? If a disabled person comes along they see a car in the spot, they can't get out, walk around looking for the disabled sticker, notice there isn't one, ask them to move, and then take the spot can they?
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

FairWeather_Aussie wrote:

Yeah, nah. That's a dick move.
Murdoch

Post by Murdoch »

Ted. wrote:The perp shot the guy multiple times, kept firing well past the point that was a thread to the perps' hurt pride. In most countries one shot would be excessive force, let alone unloading. The man is a bully (he was looking for an excuse by checking out the parking space) and a cowardly and a murderer in any book except a backward fuckstain like Florida.

The police's statements are mealy mouthed and as cowardly as the perps'. They are hiding behind an interpretation of a vulgar law.
Coward is correct.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Ted. wrote:The perp shot the guy multiple times, kept firing well past the point that was a thread to the perps' hurt pride. In most countries one shot would be excessive force, let alone unloading. The man is a bully (he was looking for an excuse by checking out the parking space) and a cowardly and a murderer in any book except a backward fuckstain like Florida.

The police's statements are mealy mouthed and as cowardly as the perps'. They are hiding behind an interpretation of a vulgar law.
Agreed.
Olo

Post by Olo »

Mullet 2 wrote:It's OK to "stop" in a disabled spot. OK buddy.
Not really Mullet but in most places they don't shoot people who do.
That kind of crap drives me crazy. Fat lazy people who want to get as close as possible to the farkin door to minimise the amount they have to walk to buy there farkin Twinkies.

I see it here in the Bahamas and in Oz as well...........but still we do not shoot them.
There was no reason for Mr Twinkie to attack the man who was talking to the person in the car and he paid the ultimate price. Americans are just bat shit crazy for the most part.

The do gooder should be prosecuted for murder or manslaughter and put away for a very long time. I guess its the same law that protects white cops in Florida who shoot black kids for looking at them the wrong way.

Crazy muddafookers!!
Smee

Post by Smee »

The most pointless thing about this particular case is that if you look at the aerial shot of the small parking lot there are about half a dozen spaces and all of them are about as far from the door of the store as each other. In other words the disabled spot is disabled by virtue of being nominated such (to satisfy ADA requirements) not because there is any particular benefit conferred to the disabled for parking in it. This isn't one of those scenarios where a disabled parking spot is in a big lot where someone might have to park half a mile away from the stores like at say, a mall.

Sorry for the overanalysis but it just underscores the senselessness and futility of this killing. It was over nothing.
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

Theflier wrote:God the outrage here.

The real lesson being, if you don't want to get shot in a state where personal rights and guns are central to culture, don't go f**king pushing a man twice your age over unsuspectingly.

This could all have been avoided if the lady hadn't parked there, or if the man hadn't physically attacked the shooter.

Waste of a life.
Or if you do, step in and finish the job.
Bullettyme

Post by Bullettyme »

argus wrote:I live in Florida and stay out of all public confrontation s in case someone is carrying a gun

Not worth getting shot over a traffic issue of similar
What a terrifying way to live.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Smee wrote:The most pointless thing about this particular case is that if you look at the aerial shot of the small parking lot there are about half a dozen spaces and all of them are about as far from the door of the store as each other. In other words the disabled spot is disabled by virtue of being nominated such (to satisfy ADA requirements) not because there is any particular benefit conferred to the disabled for parking in it. This isn't one of those scenarios where a disabled parking spot is in a big lot where someone might have to park half a mile away from the stores like at say, a mall.

Sorry for the overanalysis but it just underscores the senselessness and futility of this killing. It was over nothing.
Same distance, but clearly much wider spacing between cars as marked on the parking spot, to allow wheelchair users to get out. Equally, there may have been a lowered curb there to allow a wheelchair up.
Wilson's Toffee

Post by Wilson's Toffee »

I do whenever I can get one available.

Sadly the "non-disabled" buggers do so, too.
Wilson's Toffee

I must say (at the risk of being mistaken) - the old geezer looks like his legs are none too strong at all. Probably quite weak, the way he rolled over when he reached for his firearm, and when he fired. Quite non-animated.
argus

Post by argus »

Raggs wrote:
Smee wrote:The most pointless thing about this particular case is that if you look at the aerial shot of the small parking lot there are about half a dozen spaces and all of them are about as far from the door of the store as each other. In other words the disabled spot is disabled by virtue of being nominated such (to satisfy ADA requirements) not because there is any particular benefit conferred to the disabled for parking in it. This isn't one of those scenarios where a disabled parking spot is in a big lot where someone might have to park half a mile away from the stores like at say, a mall.

Same distance, but clearly much wider spacing between cars as marked on the parking spot, to allow wheelchair users to get out. Equally, there may have been a lowered curb there to allow a wheelchair up.
The access spaces on each side of the parking space are the real benefit of these spaces, not how close they are located to the location
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Interesting that Mullet describes himself as "a mouth cunt". A glimpse into his sex life I'm sure we all could've lived without.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Nolanator wrote: Nah, I'm OK with calling out people for using disabled spaces inappropriately.
What would you call them? A dumb retard?
argus

Post by argus »

Bullettyme wrote:
argus wrote:I live in Florida and stay out of all public confrontation s in case someone is carrying a gun

Not really

Just more aware of what issues one has to stand up for

Getting cut off in traffic - let it go

Had some guy go off at my wife - don't let it go
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

argus wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Not really

Unless you agreed to the threesome obviously.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Raggs wrote:
Theflier wrote:God the outrage here.

The real lesson being, if you don't want to get shot in a state where personal rights and guns are central to culture, don't go f**king pushing a man twice your age over unsuspectingly.

This could all have been avoided if the lady hadn't parked there, or if the man hadn't physically attacked the shooter.

Waste of a life.
Women shouldn't wear attractive clothing if they want to avoid being raped?
Wat?
Uthikoloshe

Post by Uthikoloshe »

People on this thread :roll: . He wasn't shot because he parked in a disabled space, he was shot because he violently assaulted that guy, a massive escalation from a verbal argurment, with zero warnings given.
Spyglass

Post by Spyglass »

Bullettyme wrote:

I wouldn't say terrifying, you just need to be aware that guns are a fact of life over here and not everyone is a gun wielding maniac. I'm from the UK and have lived in Texas for the last 19 years, which has similar gun laws and culture to Florida. Whilst I don't go to the the rougher parts of the city that typically have higher levels of gun related crime (yes a bit of a generalization), I don't feel threatened or the need to own a gun. If I felt the need to own a gun, then I'm living in the wrong place.

Having said that, actions of all parties in the video are appalling and a classic case of situational escalation, which never ends well when guns are involved. So as Argus correctly states, if possible avoid unnecessary confrontation, which is true wherever you live. :)
Wilson's Toffee

Uthikoloshe wrote:People on this thread :roll: . He wasn't shot because he parked in a disabled space, he was shot because he violently assaulted that guy, a massive escalation from a verbal argurment, with zero warnings given.

He thought the old man was a pushover, and that he could win the argument, physically, very quick.

He was only half right ....
argus

Post by argus »

Spyglass

Is there SYG in Texas?
Spyglass

Post by Spyglass »

argus wrote:Spyglass

Is there SYG in Texas?
Yep
Uthikoloshe

Post by Uthikoloshe »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:People on this thread :roll: . He wasn't shot because he parked in a disabled space, he was shot because he violently assaulted that guy, a massive escalation from a verbal argurment, with zero warnings given.
I wonder if he was coked up. It was a pretty violent action.
Who knows.
Ps, good indirect book recomend from.the trump thread (Bill Browder - Red Notice). Done in two days. Recomend another anytime you like.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

argus wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Not really

So you are prepared to be shot?
argus

Post by argus »

Mick Mannock wrote:
argus wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Not really

So you are prepared to be shot?
It was a situation where she was threatened along with two of my kids

So yes
troglodiet

Post by troglodiet »

Plato'sCave wrote:I don’t think pushing someone over is a reasonable reaction to being told off for parking badly, I don’t think shooting someone in the chest in front of their children is a reasonable reaction to being pushed over either.

Sums it up perfectly.

What I don't understand is why race was mentioned. From the evidence it doesn't seem as if either of the two parties had racist motives. Unless racism could be proven obviously.
argus

Post by argus »

troglodiet wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:I don’t think pushing someone over is a reasonable reaction to being told off for parking badly, I don’t think shooting someone in the chest in front of their children is a reasonable reaction to being pushed over either.

Sums it up perfectly.

What I don't understand is why race was mentioned. From the evidence it doesn't seem as if either of the two parties had racist motives. Unless racism could be proven obviously.
Probably because of the history of black men being shot by white offices and not being charged
Toro

Post by Toro »

troglodiet wrote:

Sums it up perfectly.

It's often a tension unfortunately, they're all what ifs, but a 50 year old white man who carries a gun on his body while talking to a women about parking in a disabled spot certainly fits the profile. He open fires on the guy with calm hate, not nervous self defence.

She is getting out of the car as the now dead man arrives, I very much doubt he was politely suggesting she move the car to a better spot and for the push to happen I'd say there was some yelling going on and it had already escalated.
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

troglodiet wrote:

Sums it up perfectly.

No idea if there was racism from either person, but regardless race is always a discussion topic when America has shootings.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

He shouldn;t have pushed the guy. But to die over it? and tohave your partner and kid watch you die in front of you. That's fcuking shit.
Bullettyme

Post by Bullettyme »

flaggETERNAL wrote:He shouldn;t have pushed the guy. But to die over it? and tohave your partner and kid watch you die in front of you. That's fcuking shit.
He was no threat at all, it was the act of someone who just lost a load of face and fancied getting revenge.
Toro

Post by Toro »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Toro wrote:
troglodiet wrote:

Sums it up perfectly.

It's often a tension unfortunately, they're all what ifs, but a 50 year old white man who carries a gun on his body while talking to a women about parking in a disabled spot certainly fits the profile. He open fires on the guy with calm hate, not nervous self defence.

She is getting out of the car as the now dead man arrives, I very much doubt he was politely suggesting she move the car to a better spot and for the push to happen I'd say there was some yelling going on and it had already escalated.
I would like to offer the polite view that there might be another way of looking at it.
The only way I can look at it is that an armed man shot and unarmed man, and not just once, for pushing him over, and won't even go to trial. I couldn't give a f--k about the rest. The police attitude just freaks me out, he actually thinks he's a judge.
Bullettyme

Post by Bullettyme »

argus wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Not really

Seems pretty scary to always have to keep it in mind to me - that something minor can be an execution offence by some nutter who didn't like how you walked towards him.

I wonder has anyone challenged stand your ground as impinging on certain constitutional rights, perhaps freedoms of speech or expression.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

Bullettyme wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:He shouldn;t have pushed the guy. But to die over it? and tohave your partner and kid watch you die in front of you. That's fcuking shit.
He was no threat at all, it was the act of someone who just lost a load of face and fancied getting revenge.
Must be terrifying af to live in that country sometimes. You never know who's got a gun they're just itching to use.
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Must be terrifying af to live in that country sometimes. You never know who's got a gun they're just itching to use.
It’s better to live in the civilised world than the Wild West.
Bullettyme

Post by Bullettyme »

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Ah, there's no doubt the USA is a very good place to live. The fascination with guns and their horrific levels of gun violence are just odd to me. It would just always be weird having to always wonder if someone has a gun before you pull them up on something.