Stand your ground law in Florida

All things Rugby
lorcanoworms

Stand your ground law in Florida

Post by lorcanoworms »

Guy speaks to a female driver about a handicap parking spot and then bang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGQQ3DY97w
nardol

Re: Stand your ground law in Florida

Post by nardol »

correct punishment for illegally parking in handicapped spot

Justice served

Also dickhead that was shot was the first one to start being physical. He escalated it himself. Keep your hands off other people and nothing would have happened.
Last edited by nardol on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
C69

Post by C69 »

Feck me that's savage.
Troll

Post by Troll »

nardol wrote:correct punishment for illegally parking in handicapped spot

Justice served
Issue is he wasn't the one that parked, I think.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Justice served

Also dickhead that was shot was the first one to start being physical. He escalated it himself. Keep your hands off other people and nothing would have happened.
The shover was a dick, but getting killed for it? I'd say being threatened with a gun is an exaggerated punishment in itself.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Troll wrote:

Justice served
Issue is he wasn't the one that parked, I think.
Even if he wasn't he was the first one to escalate the disagreement to a physical nature. Keep your hands off other people. Lesson here.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

When I was in property maintenance I often had to politely ask people to refrain from such a parking spot, the reaction by the drivers without stickers was usually very aggressive.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Jesus christ. What kind of society is that f**ked up that drawing a gun and shooting a guy from a few feet away is deemed an appropriate response to a mild physical confrontation?

The victim was being a dickhead and didn't have a leg to stand on, but shooting someone over that? The sooner Westworld becomes a reality and weirdos can live out their wild west fantasies, the better.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Raggs wrote:

Justice served

The shover was a dick, but getting killed for it? I'd say being threatened with a gun is an exaggerated punishment in itself.
Harsh lesson but a lesson none the less.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

nardol wrote:
Raggs wrote:

Justice served

You're a moron.
What lesson do you reckon his kid learned? Get a gun as soon as he's legally entitled to and shoot the next person who gives him shit. That's a fantastic way to ensure a productive and progressive society. :thumbup:
Last edited by Nolanator on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toro

Post by Toro »

lorcanoworms wrote:Guy speaks to a female driver about a handicap parking spot and then bang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGQQ3DY97w
That's f-cken mental, what is wrong with that country??? They're all brainwashed, that new Sacha Cohen thing is just gonna make me wanna cry. How can a cop talk like that? They're supposed to protect people. If the guy kept advancing once he pulled the gun I could somewhat understand it, but that is cold blooded murder, and he isn't even going to trial. They are just so f'cked in the head it's beyond comprehension.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

nardol wrote:
Raggs wrote:

Justice served

You're serious aren't you? I thought perhaps you were just playing it up over the parking spot thing, but you seem to be genuine?
nardol

Post by nardol »

Raggs wrote:
nardol wrote:
Raggs wrote:

Justice served

You're serious aren't you? I thought perhaps you were just playing it up over the parking spot thing, but you seem to be genuine?
yes I am deadly serious.
C69

Post by C69 »

Rhythm is a dancer
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Yeah, that's just messed up.
dantedelew

Post by dantedelew »

Pretty disgusting that a boy sees his father die next to him because of this set of circumstances and actions.
Yes, the shover looks to be the first physical interaction but shot dead for that?? How many shots were fired, looked like more than one. Was the shooter being aggresive to the woman in the car? Empowered by the gun on his hip and a woman in the car?
All in all, effing grim. Poor kid.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

I never thought I would say this but there are times when open carry makes sense.

That is a weird country.
kiwinoz

Post by kiwinoz »

If the shove had resulted in the bloke hitting his head on the ground - it could have been murder.

But in the video the guy has turned and is not immediately threatening him any further. He could have drawn his weapon and stood his ground without firing. Cant see how its justified.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Kiwias wrote:I never thought I would say this but there are times when open carry makes sense.

That is a weird country.
Open carry because another person might shoot you over a shove? How about no-one carries and people don't need to lose their lives over minor shit like this?
There is something absolutely sick in the societal conscience if this is deemed an acceptable way for people to settle their differences over what is ultimately mundane shit.
Toro

Post by Toro »

dantedelew wrote:Pretty disgusting that a boy sees his father die next to him because of this set of circumstances and actions.
Yes, the shover looks to be the first physical interaction but shot dead for that?? How many shots were fired, looked like more than one. Was the shooter being aggresive to the woman in the car? Empowered by the gun on his hip and a woman in the car?
All in all, effing grim. Poor kid.
It definitely looks like he shot him a few times, maybe even once he turned. I also wondered in what manner he was talking to the women for that reaction. No right to attack the guy either way, but there is no way that was proportional. I mean, it seems like if you wanted to you could talk sh-t to some guys missus or kids and then once he clocks or pushes you get out your gun a kill him and not even have charges pressed. Defies belief.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Nolanator wrote:
Kiwias wrote:I never thought I would say this but there are times when open carry makes sense.

That is a weird country.
Open carry because another person might shoot you over a shove? How about no-one carries and people don't need to lose their lives over minor shit like this?
There is something absolutely sick in the societal conscience if this is deemed an acceptable way for people to settle their differences over what is ultimately mundane shit.
Total agreement but that is how sick the US is in its love affair with guns.
P in VG

Post by P in VG »

Nolanator wrote:

That is a weird country.
Absoloutly - what a weird state of mind to think this is justified. Not a society I would ever want to live in
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

I'm so glad I don't live in the USA. In the UK there would have been a few cross words, a bit of pushing and shoving, but nobody would have died. I don't understand America's obsession with guns.
nardol

Post by nardol »

america is crazy but people need to remember that florida is the crazy part of america

These laws dont exist on the west coast or north east
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

This could have been prevented if the shover/shootee was also armed.
Toro

Post by Toro »

P in VG wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

That is a weird country.
Absoloutly - what a weird state of mind to think this is justified. Not a society I would ever want to live in
God no, especially when the police chief calmly says the guy had no other option, case closed. x(
nardol

Post by nardol »

booji boy wrote:This could have been prevented if the shover/shootee was also armed.
the child was in a better position to cover his father
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

I reckon the shooter was out looking for trouble. He's obviously not handicap so wasn't looking to use that parking spot. I don't know why you'd want to start an argument over such a little thing. He had a gun so he was probably emboldened. The victim though was a wanker and that push was a cvnt thing to do. The gf driver is stupid bitch, why park there in the first place? And why argue when you're in the wrong. Poor child. Broken, selfish, ruthless society.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

The asshole was backing up
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

The states that have legislatively adopted stand-your-ground laws are Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, ...
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

CrazyIslander wrote:I reckon the shooter was out looking for trouble. He's obviously not handicap so wasn't looking to use that parking spot. I don't know why you'd want to start an argument over such a little thing. He had a gun so he was probably emboldened. The victim though was a wanker and that push was a cvnt thing to do. The gf driver is stupid bitch, why park there in the first place? And why argue when you're in the wrong. Poor child. Broken, selfish, ruthless society.

It's called protecting basic manners.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

CrazyIslander wrote:I reckon the shooter was out looking for trouble. He's obviously not handicap so wasn't looking to use that parking spot. I don't know why you'd want to start an argument over such a little thing. He had a gun so he was probably emboldened. The victim though was a wanker and that push was a cvnt thing to do. The gf driver is stupid bitch, why park there in the first place? And why argue when you're in the wrong. Poor child. Broken, selfish, ruthless society.
Nah. People will call others out on this stuff all the time, even if no party involved actually needs the space. I don't mind that; little things like this need to be called out so that some people don't take advantage of it. Maybe, the gun emboldened him, but people will do this without having guns
It usually results in the person who parked in the spot calling the other persona plum and maybe a physical altercation. The fact that someone here got shot is to do with how utterly mental that society is regarding guns and their use.
Theflier

Post by Theflier »

God the outrage here.

The real lesson being, if you don't want to get shot in a state where personal rights and guns are central to culture, don't go f**king pushing a man twice your age over unsuspectingly.

This could all have been avoided if the lady hadn't parked there, or if the man hadn't physically attacked the shooter.

Waste of a life.
KnuckleDragger

Post by KnuckleDragger »

Absolutely disproportionate. Can't understand the cultural mindset that thinks that arming citizens is not only OK, but contained within the constitution. Equally, can't get my head around the seeming belief that this can't be changed/removed - its a fudgin' Amendment: by definition it can be changed or superseded!

Watched Louis Theroux's documentary, "Murder in Milwaukee" on iplayer yesterday. Different issue to "Stand your ground" but the casual acceptance that being armed to the teeth is not only OK, but necessary is quite disturbing.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Theflier wrote:God the outrage here.

The real lesson being, if you don't want to get shot in a state where personal rights and guns are central to culture, don't go f**king pushing a man twice your age over unsuspectingly.

This could all have been avoided if the lady hadn't parked there, or if the man hadn't physically attacked the shooter.

Waste of a life.
Women shouldn't wear attractive clothing if they want to avoid being raped?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Waste of a life.
Or if the country didn't have a f**king weird fetish about civilians carry guns and using them as a matter of course. But, sure, the real issue is that the victim acted the cunt and the shooter was being a busybody.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Raggs wrote:

Waste of a life.
Women shouldn't wear attractive clothing if they want to avoid being raped?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

nardol wrote:america is crazy but people need to remember that florida is the crazy part of america

These laws dont exist on the west coast or north east
Dark Green--- Stand-your-ground law
Light Green--- Stand-your-ground in practice
Blue --- Standyour-ground from within one's vehicle
Orange --- Castle doctrine only; duty to retreat in public
Red --- Duty to retreat
MrJonno

Post by MrJonno »

Waste of a life.
It could also have been avoided if the other man hadn't murdered somebody.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Light Green--- Stand-your-ground in practice

So the police and judiciary just decide to ignore the law?

Source?