Can't win away from home, OUT!
Mr. Very Popular

Re: Rassie OUT

Post by Mr. Very Popular »

We’ll happily take him back to Munster
Sards

Post by Sards »

Rassie is fine. The best we have. Rassie just needs to analyze what went wrong in the forwards from the locks to the backrow and sort it out.
Chilli

Post by Chilli »

Same shit, different year.

Bring back PDivvvvvvvvvvvvy!
vh5150

Post by vh5150 »

...but isn’t Rassie the 2nd most influential person in World Rugby?
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

vh5150 wrote:...but isn’t Rassie the 2nd most influential person in World Rugby?
If he wants a realistic shot at the top slot, he needs to get his arse back to Munster.
Chilli

Post by Chilli »

redderneck wrote:
vh5150 wrote:...but isn’t Rassie the 2nd most influential person in World Rugby?
If he wants a realistic shot at the top slot, he needs to get his arse back to Munster.
Please take him.
Sards

Post by Sards »

There's something not lekker at the boks...cant put my finger on it. That was way off usual standard by Marx and Etsebeth. Our two most powerful players. Like way off. Whiteley was not assisting at all with onfield decision making and gee-ing the guys up like Duane would do. Pollard looks very distracted.

I don't know if its coming from Rassie or what but I know that Rassie is a very committed person and gives everything that he has with a huge work ethic...
Wilson's Toffee

Post by Wilson's Toffee »

Dunno. If I was a Bok I'd be pissed off. Being paid, on average, around one fifth of the ABs and Oz oppo, then having to carry lesser quality "quota" (and non quota) players. Doing double work for less pay ... On a killer schedule, totally unfair.
While SANZAAR pockets at will.

These are professional players, calling on the "pride of the badge" only goes so far.
eugenius

Post by eugenius »

Playing Argentina home then away is a killer schedule ?

Big whoops .

There was a great chance to start off the competition with two wins .

It didn’t happen .

I think you might well be better off looking for other reasons than scheduling for the Boks apparent mediocrity.
Wilson's Toffee

There are many reasons. Mainly money. SARU is the biggest single factor inhibiting Springbok strength.
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

Whitely in particular is rubbish and so is Flo.
Wilson's Toffee

sorCrer wrote:Whitely in particular is rubbish and so is Flo.

The whole back row is shit. Start of our problems, and the backline's. We need Duanne, a tough 7 like JLdP or even Franco, two tough, FIT locks {RG and PSdT) and a feisty, tough open side. Marco ? And a real tight head. FM was bossed too easily.
Too many passengers fokking around in the back line.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Watching the Top 14 game between Montpellier and Castres. Amazed by how many South Africans are playing (especially for Montpellier, surely players like Johann Goosen and Bismark can do a job for the Boks.
Wilson's Toffee

Many do not want to play for the Boks any more. Goosen should have been first selection 10, before Jantjies and now Pollard.,
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Wilson's Toffee wrote:Many do not want to play for the Boks any more. Goosen should have been first selection 10, before Jantjies and now Pollard.,
Very sad. Surely every little boy grows up of playing for their country.
Wilson's Toffee

These did. And some like Bismarck made a good job of it. And Goosen, esp. in juniors.
But for some of them it must feel that their country does not appreciate them ...
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

The Boks need to manage their natural talent better. They should be the best or 2nd best side in the world with the playing resources they have. I still think that long term they will recover to be the best or 2nd best team in the world.
Wilson's Toffee

They should. They aren't. Waste.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

The number of times the Boks dropped the ball under pressure is the most obvious reason.
Dubh01

Post by Dubh01 »

mdaclarke wrote:Watching the Top 14 game between Montpellier and Castres. Amazed by how many South Africans are playing (especially for Montpellier, surely players like Johann Goosen and Bismark can do a job for the Boks.

Beaten at home...Hmmm, doesn't say much for the SA talent in the Montpellier side.
:|
Luciano

Post by Luciano »

SARU out! OK, not out, but at least it should sort itself, starting by removing the outrageous quotas. :x
lemonhead

Post by lemonhead »

Dubh01 wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:Watching the Top 14 game between Montpellier and Castres. Amazed by how many South Africans are playing (especially for Montpellier, surely players like Johann Goosen and Bismark can do a job for the Boks.

Beaten at home...Hmmm, doesn't say much for the SA talent in the Montpellier side.
Been shite for a while now given the ridiculous amount of talent available.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rugbyw ... -70450/amp

Interested to see if Cotter is left alone for another season as Altrad doesnt seem to hang around.
Dubh01

Post by Dubh01 »

lemonhead wrote:
Dubh01 wrote:

Been shite for a while now given the ridiculous amount of talent available.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rugbyw ... -70450/amp

Interested to see if Cotter is left alone for another season as Altrad doesnt seem to hang around.
Was thinking this is something to do with Jake White's legacy, then clicked and read the article. Hopefully Montpellier will turn things around this year.
assfly

Post by assfly »

Perhaps he's should just concede that we're in for a rough couple of years and start building for 2023. It currently feels like we're rushing to try and put our best XV together and we're doing more harm than good to our players.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

If the Africans can win two more games in this rugby championship they will have done OK
Chilli

Post by Chilli »

Anonymous. wrote:If the Africans can win two more games in this rugby championship they will have done OK
We have already played our easy games :|
assfly

Post by assfly »

Chilli wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:If the Africans can win two more games in this rugby championship they will have done OK
Our home game against Australia is our best hope. The rest, we are fucked.
Sards

Post by Sards »

I am a bit concerned about the noises coming out of Rassie that his hand has been forced to start the same team because of the poor performances of the players......and that he now cannot experiment.

Its obvious to all where the problems lie....

Make changes boet.....
Wilson's Toffee

assfly wrote:Perhaps he's should just concede that we're in for a rough couple of years and start building for 2023. It currently feels like we're rushing to try and put our best XV together and we're doing more harm than good to our players.
Must say, that is the impression I get from Rassie's actions - building for 2023. We even have a world cup tournament to experiment...
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

Sards wrote:I am a bit concerned about the noises coming out of Rassie that his hand has been forced to start the same team because of the poor performances of the players......and that he now cannot experiment.

Its obvious to all where the problems lie....

Make changes boet.....
What changes?
assfly

Post by assfly »

sorCrer wrote:What changes?
AE out! :x
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

assfly wrote:
sorCrer wrote:What changes?
AE out! :x
Fook me he was average, so one dimensional and hands like feet.
handyman

Post by handyman »

The players that concern me are:
12. Andre Esterhuyse - When his opponent has his number physically, his impact is nullified.
6. Flo - Way of the pace.
8. Whiteley - Not involved enough and when he is, he is dominated in contact.
13. Am - A huge worry in defence.
assfly

Post by assfly »

Big Nipper wrote:Fook me he was average, so one dimensional and hands like feet.
I actually thought he wasn't all that bad. His first touch was an offload and he at least got us over the advantage line, something our forwards couldn't do.
handyman wrote:13. Am - A huge worry in defence.
What I don't understand is that Am was huge on defence for the Sharks, and also one of our leading fetchers. But on Saturday he was bolting out of the line and leaving huge gaps. I don't think anyone from 10-13 was running our defence lines.
sunnybanana

Post by sunnybanana »

handyman wrote:The players that concern me are:
12. Andre Esterhuyse - When his opponent has his number physically, his impact is nullified.
AE was good and is improving. Agreed about the other 3.

Vermeulen, Marcell Coetzee and Serfontein would make a massive difference to this team and it looks like the latter two are just about good to go.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Chilli wrote:
If you win two more games you will have done OK. By contrast if you fail to do so you will be the bitch that belongs to Shanky.
handyman

Post by handyman »

sunnybanana wrote:
AE was good and is improving. Agreed about the other 3.

Vermeulen, Marcell Coetzee and Serfontein would make a massive difference to this team and it looks like the latter two are just about good to go.
I'd be fine with AE getting an extended run. Vermeulen, Coetzee (if fit) and Serfontein would improve this team beyond measure.
Wilson's Toffee

Kolisi plays center/wing, except on defense, when he plays supervisor.
Beast was murdered, Malherbe's demise came about due to teh frontrow popping up..
Etzebeth needs decent game time, Argies manhandeld him...
Franco is .. too light at lock.
Faf ran the game, first half, and did not make a good job of it. We need a world class scrumhalf ... and a flyhalf who is allowed to manage the game. Rassie's employment of Willie as second distributor, Pollard as link only, is inventive, but not enough. God, how we need Frans Steyn ...
Our wings draw inwards on defense, putting pressure on the centers. Even Mapoe (who should know better) did the same. Forwards are nowhere in defense. What is Nienaber doing ?
Our loosies did not go up on defense. Gave the Argies the easiest of routes through the middle or round about ...

All in all we were useless and unorganised. Bad captaincy as well, first half.
Need to be much much better to even stay in touch with the Ozzies, ABs will smoke us.
Chilli

Post by Chilli »

Is there another #8 in the squad?
Flo and Whitely have to go,with Kolisi not far behind.

Maybe it is time to blood Willemse? Play Pollard instead of the Donkey at 12?