Nine year old Aussie girl does a Kaepernick

All things Rugby
Anonymous 1

Re: Nine year old Aussie girl does a Kaepernick

Post by Anonymous 1 »

grievous wrote:
Dobbin wrote:
749a wrote:Anyone in the Australian media who has made this a news story should be ashamed of themselves.

Publishing her name and photo is outrageous (and the parents letting it happen is even worse)

9 years old FFS
I wouldn't be surprised if the family contacted the media in the first place. Possibly before the protest even started
Agreed but it was grubby click bait for Anon.
Come on Grievy Baby. It was very topical and on reading her protest there was a "fair" bit of it I had never heard before
Vuaka

Post by Vuaka »

There are some comments here claiming that there is no way a 9 year old (year 4) could come up with this without coaching from her parents.

I have a 9 year old and she and her friends are very mature for their age, much more than I was at the same age. Whether this is due to societal changes or easier and more open access to information/education, etc, I'm not sure. Or maybe girls are just more mature than boys at that age.

At school, the kids are taught social justice values looking at things like refugees in detention and volunteering and helping the homeless, needy and elderly.

Since year 2, they have been learning about Australia's first peoples, including going on field trips last year to visit the site of Cook's first landing as well as getting Aboriginal viewpoints and seeing how they lived at that time.

Based on the above, it is perfectly feasible that a 9 year old could come to the sort of view points as Harper did.

And some of our politicians are a flucking disgrace with their responses.
shanky

Post by shanky »

It’s probably worth noting that in most primary schools, the anthem is immediately preceeded by a ‘recognition of original owners’ speech.

Nah, just easier to wag your fingers.

:thumbup: