The Google Walkout

All things Rugby
eldanielfire

Re: The Google Walkout

Post by eldanielfire »

houtkabouter wrote:Is virtual signalling like an online version?
It's the typo version.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

happyhooker wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
fatcat wrote:
Santa wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:Finished it, Nolanators summary I agree with. Google have f**ked themselves.
It's a pretty dull read. I can't be bothered to finish it.
Yes, I kept expecting something better but it was a bit dull.
Yes, very dull.
Did it even have a point?
I think so.

1.) A company having a message board where everyone converses in cliqs saying all the bullshit everyone thinks about the company and leadership sounds like one of the easiest ways to destroy a company from the inside out ever.

2.) Google as a company sounds like the closest real life example of Andrew Ryan's exclave from Bioshock I've ever heard of. Ryan was a businessman of the Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged variety that sets up a community Rapture for like-minded societal elites separated from society under the ocean disillusioned with government, organized religion post-World War II. All is well, society runs fine without law. To shorten up the fictional background of a video game, a threat to Ryan's vision comes from someone that desires power, forcing Ryan to put in place laws until it gets to the point Ryan is a dictator. Civil war occurs and destroys Rapture and most of the inhabitants.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Uthikoloshe wrote:Finished it, Nolanators summary I agree with. Google have f**ked themselves.
Yup, they’ve tried to pander to everyone
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Being a woke idiot is exhausting. That's their problem.
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Enzedder wrote:
Tehui wrote:If there's one thing I like about PR, it's the diversity of posters with different gender, religion, social class and culture.
Once again the age old battle with ageism is ignored. :x
I'm curious what that is. There's only so much diversity between mostly-white, almost-all-straight, almost-all-men, from rich, Western countries who are mostly-but-not-all agnostic-atheist and middle-to-upper class.

I think PR is a fortress of wokeness, barely balanced by a few fringe loons on either side. Hardly diverse though.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Tehui wrote:If there's one thing I like about PR, it's the diversity of posters with different gender, religion, social class and culture.
I'm curious what that is. There's only so much diversity between mostly-white, almost-all-straight, almost-all-men, from rich, Western countries who are mostly-but-not-all agnostic-atheist and middle-to-upper class.

I think PR is a fortress of wokeness, barely balanced by a few fringe loons on either side. Hardly diverse though.
Really? I think most of PR is roughly centre-left, about the politically more active posters are more polarised. The majority who rarely comment on politics tend to display a more common-sense centralist/centre-right/centre-left position and even the left leaning ones ridicule woke politics.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Do you think you could eliminate the word "woke" from your vocabulary on here, EDF? I reckon you'd struggle to post much.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Nolanator wrote:Do you think you could eliminate the word "woke" from your vocabulary on here, EDF? I reckon you'd struggle to post much.
I didn't even bring the word up here.
houtkabouter

Post by houtkabouter »

‘Cos you’re woke?
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

eldanielfire wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Enzedder wrote:

Really? I think most of PR is roughly centre-left, about the politically more active posters are more polarised. The majority who rarely comment on politics tend to display a more common-sense centralist/centre-right/centre-left position and even the left leaning ones ridicule woke politics.
Id say most are centre right
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Zakar wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Enzedder wrote:

Id say most are centre right
Most of the Europeans here are deffo centre-left. The kiwis as well.