Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 766, 767, 768, 769, 770, 771, 772 ... 1238  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:14 pm 

So Mays deal comes with a promise of a second referendum.....

Will that tempt the remainers into approving it?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:15 pm 

SamShark wrote:
That cu*t Farage:

Quote:
Ever since 24 June 2016 we've had senior members of the British establishment - including two former prime ministers - literally refusing to accept the result, saying that those that voted Brexit didn't know what they were voting for - they're thick, they're stupid, they're lazy, they're racist, they're working class, they're fat, they're horrible.

I've heard Farage and his ilk say Brexiteers are thick many times but I'm not aware of a prominent remain campaigner calling Brexit voters thick, stupid, lazy, racist, working class, fat or horrible?

Can anyone help or is it just leading Brexiteers and the BBC who perpetuate this myth that all Brexit voters are thick working-class northerners who will immediately turn violent if crossed?

You’ve missed quite a bit then haven’t you.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:15 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Oh ON their way.
Right :thumbup:

Imagine being so stupid you couldn't see that. I'd imagine it'd be a terribly stupid way of living, but absolute joyous in all the responsibility you feel to the world. Bliss through willful ignorance.

And imagine being so stupid that you would write it. People wanting darkies (as you so revoltingly put it) sent their way. It made no sense, but at least it allowed you to use old racist terms, as if you were clever. So all good with you, I guess.

I am sure it is joyous for you to reach into your treasure chest of old racist insults. Says a lot about you.

While Farage and co use new racist insults, all dogwhistle, allowing them to deny their intent. So people like you can say the real racists are the people calling them out.

"Where's he racist?"
*Gives examples*
"I think you're the real racist seeing racism in that, a simple call to reclaim the meaning of Britishness that just happened to coincide with a rise in hate crime, and what demographics even committed those hate crimes. Really who is the most violent. I'm just asking question!"

fudge off.

You just wanted an excuse to use old racist insults, whilst looking clever. Well done!

And you would probably go ballistic over Boris Johnson using the word piccaninnies, which he used in an article far more intelligent than anything you could come up with.

Yes, my cleverness condemning the insidious rise of white supremacism. How awful of me. And how typical for you to take issue with it.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:16 pm 

Quote:
Yes, my cleverness condemning the insidious rise of white supremacism. How awful of me. And how typical for you to take issue with it.

And doubling down for the win. What a tool.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:17 pm 

bimboman wrote:

Not really promised a second referendum. She has legitimised the idea that parliament could vote again on whether it wants a referendum but if it's a whipped vote (which it would be) then it's further stalemate.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:17 pm 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
That cu*t Farage:

Quote:
Ever since 24 June 2016 we've had senior members of the British establishment - including two former prime ministers - literally refusing to accept the result, saying that those that voted Brexit didn't know what they were voting for - they're thick, they're stupid, they're lazy, they're racist, they're working class, they're fat, they're horrible.

I've heard Farage and his ilk say Brexiteers are thick many times but I'm not aware of a prominent remain campaigner calling Brexit voters thick, stupid, lazy, racist, working class, fat or horrible?

Can anyone help or is it just leading Brexiteers and the BBC who perpetuate this myth that all Brexit voters are thick working-class northerners who will immediately turn violent if crossed?

You’ve missed quite a bit then haven’t you.

No - I've only heard leading Brexiteers say it, not former PMs or remain campaigners.

What have you seen?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:20 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

'"The real racist act is condemning racism," says me, the gifted mind of a generation.'

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:25 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Leffe wrote:
shereblue wrote:
bimboman wrote:
More stereo typing which if it was about a racial group would be pulled up.

It's regional bantz you big snowflake.

Bimbo is the real victim here.

It’s a mirror for you regular accusers of British behaviour that you’ve some work to do personally. Either that or you both have a desire to demonise people you disagree with because you’re insecure in your arguments.

bimboman wrote:
The country modernised around the time the bigots moved out.

But they didn't did they. They stayed and voted Brexit. They stayed, voted Brexit and increased their attacks (bizarrely) on the gays, then the blacks, then the muslims and the poles and the other Europeans.

They stayed Bimbo.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Stop deflecting. You stated the bigots had left, yet hate crime has dramatically increased. The police have asked MEP candidates to dial down their rhetoric, this is clearly aimed at UKIP and the BP.

So answer the question.

Do you have hate crime statistics to hand? I am not disputing your claim BTW.

Mick, it's been well reported over the last week. Check the news.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:27 pm 

SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Not really promised a second referendum. She has legitimised the idea that parliament could vote again on whether it wants a referendum but if it's a whipped vote (which it would be) then it's further stalemate.

It’s point 7 giving the idea of Parliament making it subject to a second ref.

She’s killed the Tory party of course.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:27 pm 

Quote:
Yes, my cleverness condemning the insidious rise of white supremacism.

Fair enough but what has that to do with Brexit?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:28 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/21/eu-investigate-nigel-farage-failure-declare-expenses-arron-banks

So now the EU are going after Farage :lol:

He's paid by them and there is clearly reason to investigate. But ya, "going after". Like the police were "going after" the Yorkshire ripper.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:30 pm 

CarrotGawks wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

'"The real racist act is condemning racism," says me, the gifted mind of a generation.'

By using racist tropes..... you might also want to check hate crime statistics to confirm the issue is only “white” supremacists.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:30 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Stop deflecting. You stated the bigots had left, yet hate crime has dramatically increased. The police have asked MEP candidates to dial down their rhetoric, this is clearly aimed at UKIP and the BP.

So answer the question.

I am aware of the rise in reported hate speech. I am asking about hate crime statistics. TBH I am not sure all European countries even have statuted hate crime, or measure them same. Is "statuted" a word?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:31 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Leffe wrote:

So answer the question.

Those reported say the big rise was in 2013. Why is that a brexit issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:35 pm 

bimboman wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

By using racist tropes..... you might also want to check hate crime statistics to confirm the issue is only “white” supremacists.

Why might I want to do that?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:35 pm 

At Gordon Browns behest the electoral commission visited the Brexit Party today, they’ve given them a clean bill of health.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:36 pm 

CarrotGawks wrote:
bimboman wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Is it only hate crime committed by whites that you’re against ?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:38 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Quote:
Yes, my cleverness condemning the insidious rise of white supremacism.

Fair enough but what has that to do with Brexit?

And how about white supremacy that has CLEARLY nothing to do with Brexit
https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/03/20/th ... tionalism/

Just one example

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:39 pm 

bimboman wrote:
At Gordon Browns behest the electoral commission visited the Brexit Party today, they’ve given them a clean bill of health.

Link?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:40 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Link?

www.russiatoday.com/farageisinnocentsofuckyou

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:40 pm 

bimboman wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
bimboman wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Is it only hate crime committed by whites that you’re against ?

When I'm talking about white supremacism I'm usually focused on the issues caused by white supremacism.

Do you want to talk about hate crimes against LGBT people? Against women? Against the disabled? The homeless?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:43 pm 

Quote:
Do you want to talk about hate crimes against LGBT people? Against women? Against the disabled? The homeless?

You can use the terms you would really prefer.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:46 pm 

This thread. :lol: :blush:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:46 pm 

Gospel wrote:

I think it will be locked...on Friday

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:54 pm 

I see a Charity executive (now forrmer Charity executive) has got herself in trouble.

Are progressives really that trapped in their own echo chambers and that completely lacking in self awareness that they think they can get away with this. She has had to delete her twitter account.

https://order-order.com/2019/05/21/char ... cked-acid/

"Head of Policy at charity ‘Happy City’ Ruth Townsley has been suspended from the charity following publicly saying that Farage should be attacked with acid. She tweeted support for the Farage milkshake thrower but argued he did not go far enough:

“Bravo to Paul Crowther, good on you mate. Great that milkshakes have become a thing when it comes to racists in our midst. I’d prefer acid but milkshakes will do for now I guess.”

Her employer, which receives taxpayer funding through the West of England Growth Fund, has now confirmed that “The employee in question has now been suspended and we are fully investigating this incident internally in accordance with our procedures.” She was in charge of ‘social media engagement’. She’ll be receiving plenty more now…

UPDATE: Happy City have updated their statement to confirm that Townsley has lost her job. What was she thinking?"

http://www.happycity.org.uk/contact/sta ... 1-05-2019/

"Statement 21.05.2019
Happy City / Contact / Statement 21.05.2019
Happy City is aware that Ruth Townsley has previously posted tweets from her personal account including one about the Nigel Farage protest. We do not in any way agree with the contents of these tweets which contradicted all of our strongly held values. We believe all politicians have a right to have their voices heard, and condemn violence of any sort at any level of society. Ruth Townsley no longer works with Happy City."

Last edited by mdaclarke on Tue May 21, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:55 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Gospel wrote:

I think it will be locked...on Friday

Most likely. It has turned into a pissing contest about intellectual superiority.

A car crash.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:56 pm 

Gospel wrote:

I’d be very surprised if the inner ‘discussions’ of Westminster are going any better.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:59 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Leffe wrote:

So answer the question.

I am aware of the rise in reported hate speech. I am asking about hate crime statistics. TBH I am not sure all European countries even have statuted hate crime, or measure them same. Is "statuted" a word?

It's irrelevant if other EU member states have or have not statuated hate crime; we're not talking about them or their hate crime. We're talking about the UK and the considerable upturn in hate crime since the referendum.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:06 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Leffe wrote:

So answer the question.

It's irrelevant if other EU member states have or have not statuated hate crime; we're not talking about them or their hate crime. We're talking about the UK and the considerable upturn in hate crime since the referendum.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:12 pm 

Quote:
When I'm talking about white supremacism I'm usually focused on the issues caused by white supremacism.

They sound like issues unrelated to brexit. I’m also really unaware of the white supremacist movement.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:17 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Leffe wrote:

So answer the question.

It is relevant if people insist it is Brexit-related.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:05 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Leffe wrote:

Quote:
His comments follow significant spikes in hate crime following the Brexit referendum in 2016, a trend that has continued to rise with 94,000 hate-crime offences recorded in England and Wales during the year to March 2018, an increase of 17% on the previous 12 months.

Your bums on fire Bimbo.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:06 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:

It is relevant if people insist it is Brexit-related.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... hate-crime

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:
Jo Cox murdered in the street: "The man was mentally ill"

Rosie Cooper murder conspiracy "Who was physically harmed?"

Rape threats against Jess Phillips: "just a bad joke!"

Milkshakes: Assault!!!

Pretty much. Vitriolic words "hidden" as "jokes" about raping someone aren't threatening to anyone. Just words, laugh it off. Good fun, etc. While a creamy strawberry milkshake, cold and smooth, are an affront to peaceful people who only want the darkies rounded up and sent their way.

Want darkies sent their way? Makes no sense at all.

It's a metaphor.

He's not actually suggesting that Darkies are rounded up for anything.

I thought you claimed you were smart. Or Bimbo did.

Again I’ll be clear I claimed he’s smarter than you.

Of course.

You mentioned Astrophysics and bracketed him in the top section with intervening layers of daylight.

Yes, I understand perfectly.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:32 pm 

Just getting back to the milkshakes:

This Milkshake Spring isn’t political violence – it’s political theatre; Dangerous figures the right are being reduced to figures of ridicule, says Guardian columnist Aditya Chakrabortty

Jackpot. Ridicule, which is the best way to deal with these fundamentalists. WHich is why their defenders are so upset about it all. Ridicule.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:46 pm 

Quote:
Of course.

You mentioned Astrophysics and bracketed him in the top section with intervening layers of daylight.

Yes, I understand perfectly.

For the record I group most people daylight south of Astrophysics. Just not you.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:08 pm 

Poor Rinkals is obsessed with the fact that, at one point, on this thread, I made a remark along the lines that whilst I had no illusions about my intellectual abilities, the utter rubbish (including implying that I was racist) that fishfoodie was writing, led me to conclude that compared to him I was a rocket scientist.

For some reason, known only to him and his own thought processes, he has taken it upon himself to label me a self-declared rocket scientist. Repeatedly.

It is bizarre. I am sure that Rinkals is a perfectly intelligent guy, but his posting style betrays a certain oddness...IMHO

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:10 pm 

Quote:
Stephen Barclay warned there could be civil unrest if the Government fails to deliver Brexit

Highlighting reports on the risk of no deal, he said the Govt now needs to commission an analysis on the risks of no Brexit at all

- Some wealthy spivs inciting violence (by the people they constantly refer to as "thick")
- Having some really shit MEPs for a few years

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:17 pm 

SamShark wrote:
Quote:
Stephen Barclay warned there could be civil unrest if the Government fails to deliver Brexit

Highlighting reports on the risk of no deal, he said the Govt now needs to commission an analysis on the risks of no Brexit at all

- Some wealthy spivs inciting violence (by the people they constantly refer to as "thick")
- Having some really shit MEPs for a few years

Do you have a link for that - Google "Stephen Barclay warns civil unrest" gives me nowt.

"Stephen Barclay calls brexiteers thick" gives me nothing either.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 766, 767, 768, 769, 770, 771, 772 ... 1238  Next