Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776 ... 1238  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:02 pm 

Insane_Homer wrote:
So from 2016 the UK govt has been selling out the UK (and EU) steel industry by scuppering EU attempts to counter the dumping, so as curry favour with China in the hope of a favourable post Brexit trade deal?

Its all about selling services globally, it always is for UK inc.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:03 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Ahh the Pigdogs

Pigdog "The EU is controlling all our lives and all our laws are being made in Brussels"

Also Pigdog "This EU election is a free hit because it has a limited impact on your everyday life"

:lol: :lol:

Talk about miss the point

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:03 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Ahh the Pigdogs

Pigdog "The EU is controlling all our lives and all our laws are being made in Brussels"

Also Pigdog "This EU election is a free hit because it has a limited impact on your everyday life"

Talk about miss the oint

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:05 pm 

Openside wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Ahh the Pigdogs

Talk about miss the oint

How the fúck did you double post and mess one of them up?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:06 pm 

Openside wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Ahh the Pigdogs

Talk about miss the oint

Pigdogs missing the oink?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:07 pm 

Insane_Homer wrote:
So from 2016 the UK govt has been selling out the UK (and EU) steel industry by scuppering EU attempts to counter the dumping, so as curry favour with China in the hope of a favourable post Brexit trade deal?

Exactly. The Nasty-Party.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm 

Sky news reporting Tories changing party rules to get rid of TM quicker. Changing the rules as they didn't like the result the 1st time round

#ironynotlost

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Openside wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Ahh the Pigdogs

Talk about miss the oint

How the fúck did you double post and mess one of them up?

:lol: :lol: no idea - IT skillz innit

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:11 pm 

Leffe wrote:
My family, all Brexiteers, are reliant upon British Steel. I served my time on that plant. They were lied to, manipulated, cheated and it was paid for by foreign money.

There should be riots in the streets right now.

I feel for anyone who lose their job but why is it always someone else fault ?
They have been on life support since Tata sold them for a quid to a couple of spivs. Should that not have rung some alarm bells to the unions ?.... Their business model is shit and they voted for Brexit en-masse.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:13 pm 

for anyone interested in tactical voting for Remain tomorrow: https://www.remainunited.org/

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:20 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
Leffe wrote:
My family, all Brexiteers, are reliant upon British Steel. I served my time on that plant. They were lied to, manipulated, cheated and it was paid for by foreign money.

They have been on life support since Tata sold them for a quid to a couple of spivs. Should that not have rung some alarm bells to the unions ?.... Their business model is shit and they voted for Brexit en-masse.

I wonder did Tata do exactly what Mittal did to Irish steel? Squeeze the assets dry, milk out what cash they can, create an environmental disaster and then run away leaving the mess behind. Still no proper clean up yet in Cork

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:29 pm 

sewa wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Leffe wrote:

I wonder did Tata do exactly what Mittal did to Irish steel? Squeeze the assets dry, milk out what cash they can, create an environmental disaster and then run away leaving the mess behind. Still no proper clean up yet in Cork

IIRC yes they stripped assets and left the firm with debts of tens of millions. Thet also tried to sack any employee with less than 2 years of service to avoid paying redundancy ..... you lay down with dogs blah blah blah

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:52 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
sewa wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Leffe wrote:

IIRC yes they stripped assets and left the firm with debts of tens of millions. Thet also tried to sack any employee with less than 2 years of service to avoid paying redundancy ..... you lay down with dogs blah blah blah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLfJeW9gl1k

Sounds like the bought it so they could trade the carbon credits they got.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:01 pm 

sewa wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
sewa wrote:
British Steel gone, up to 25,000 jobs gone. How can we know if this is significant

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/22/british-steel-to-enter-insolvency-after-rescue-talks-with-government-fail

Bimbo et all will be along shortly to tell you it's a Guardian article so doesn't matter. 8)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/05/22/markets-latest-news-pound-euro-ftse-100-pound-slides-four-month/

Its ok, the Torygraph are carrying the same story, insolvent, EY appointed, 24,500 jobs at risk. Well done Tories for letting the Chinese dump cheap steel in Europe. Who needs manufacturing jobs when we can sell services?

I can remember on the old thread, Bimbo was defending the UK vetoing tariffs on Chinese steel. His point was that cheap steel was good for British car makers and the government were better protecting our car industry than the steel one.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:06 pm 

openclashXX wrote:
for anyone interested in tactical voting for Remain tomorrow: https://www.remainunited.org/

Spoiler: show

RemainVoter.com is suggesting voting for ChangeUK in London, saying the Lib Dems and Greens are safe with what they have but have miles to go for more seats, wheras a bit of help for ChangeUK could get them a seat at the expense of Brexit party.

Might be the only chance Change UK get for a seat.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm 

easyray wrote:
sewa wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
sewa wrote:
British Steel gone, up to 25,000 jobs gone. How can we know if this is significant

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/22/british-steel-to-enter-insolvency-after-rescue-talks-with-government-fail

Bimbo et all will be along shortly to tell you it's a Guardian article so doesn't matter. 8)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/05/22/markets-latest-news-pound-euro-ftse-100-pound-slides-four-month/

Its ok, the Torygraph are carrying the same story, insolvent, EY appointed, 24,500 jobs at risk. Well done Tories for letting the Chinese dump cheap steel in Europe. Who needs manufacturing jobs when we can sell services?

I can remember on the old thread, Bimbo was defending the UK vetoing tariffs on Chinese steel. His point was that cheap steel was good for British car makers and the government were better protecting our car industry than the steel one.

Me too. He is notably quiet today about the joys of unrestrained capitalism and how good it is for everyone

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:12 pm 

fishfoodie wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
sewa wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Leffe wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLfJeW9gl1k

Sounds like the bought it so they could trade the carbon credits they got.

and shorted them into a rising market........silly boys.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:23 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
Leffe wrote:

I'm not saying it is entirely, but the level of fake news and over a period of decades in the British media, then backed up and amplified by FB is all part of this.

Yes they should have stopped to think, but they are not the entire problem here. Farage and Banks need to be held to account.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:26 pm 

Meanwhile, the rise of populist nutters (on the far right, let's face it) might well have some nasty consequences for environment protection at European level just when proper leadership is needed. FM, and indeed everyone's L.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:31 pm 

Quote:
A web of far-right Facebook accounts spreading fake news and hate speech to millions of people across Europe has been uncovered by the campaign group Avaaz.

Facebook, which is struggling to clean up the platform and salvage its reputation, has already taken down accounts with about 6 million followers before voting in the European elections begins on Thursday. It was still investigating hundreds of other accounts with an additional 26 million followers, Avaaz said.

In total, the group reported more than 500 suspect groups and Facebook pages operating across France, Germany, Italy, the UK, Poland and Spain. Most were either spreading fake news or using false pages and profiles to artificially boost the content of parties or sites they supported, in violation of Facebook’s rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -in-europe

Brexit is all part and parcel of this FB fake news BS. It's dangerous and everyone should be worried about it. It's teh UK now, but it'll be France, Germany, Ireland etc... next.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:40 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Quote:
A web of far-right Facebook accounts spreading fake news and hate speech to millions of people across Europe has been uncovered by the campaign group Avaaz.

Facebook, which is struggling to clean up the platform and salvage its reputation, has already taken down accounts with about 6 million followers before voting in the European elections begins on Thursday. It was still investigating hundreds of other accounts with an additional 26 million followers, Avaaz said.

In total, the group reported more than 500 suspect groups and Facebook pages operating across France, Germany, Italy, the UK, Poland and Spain. Most were either spreading fake news or using false pages and profiles to artificially boost the content of parties or sites they supported, in violation of Facebook’s rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -in-europe

Brexit is all part and parcel of this FB fake news BS. It's dangerous and everyone should be worried about it. It's teh UK now, but it'll be France, Germany, Ireland etc... next.

I think it already is everywhere to varying degrees.

It's so easy really - on one hand get shit loads of bots to make your content look viral, then if you have some serious coin you can saturate Facebook with highly targetted ads.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:40 pm 

Is it EU law or International Law that prevents government help to Brit Steel?

And how would it differ to the bank bail outs?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:41 pm 

Leffe wrote:

I haven't read this but skimmed it earlier this morning and it may be useful

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41392469

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:43 pm 

ATT Bimbo.

Yesterdya you told me that the working classes had moved on and were now paring wines with their curries in te UK.

Do you think that the workers at British Steel are paring their wines with their lunch curries today?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:58 pm 

Quote:
can remember on the old thread, Bimbo was defending the UK vetoing tariffs on Chinese steel. His point was that cheap steel was good for British car makers and the government were better protecting our car industry than the steel one.

I made no point about steel for the British car industry , I believe they’re mostly Aluminium chassis aren’t they?

In fact you must have mixed me up with someone else.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:00 pm 

Leffe wrote:
ATT Bimbo.

Yesterdya you told me that the working classes had moved on and were now paring wines with their curries in te UK.

Do you think that the workers at British Steel are paring their wines with their lunch curries today?

I do hope so , you’re a pleb.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:01 pm 

Leffe wrote:

You not understanding what the “bank bailouts outs” actually were would be a good start.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:08 pm 

Oh look - Bimbot is back

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:09 pm 

P in VG wrote:
Oh look - Bimbot is back

And? What’s your point?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:10 pm 

bimboman wrote:
P in VG wrote:
Oh look - Bimbot is back

And? What’s your point?

You should not interrupt the echo chamber

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Leffe wrote:
ATT Bimbo.

I think that you view them as the plebs. Still, at least they've have more time for lunch curries with wine. Cos that's what the good folk of Scunthorpe like eating.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
bimboman wrote:
P in VG wrote:
Oh look - Bimbot is back

And? What’s your point?

"Echo chamber" the new buzz phase of the rabid Brexiteer.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:15 pm 

easyray wrote:
sewa wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
sewa wrote:

I think it was also about convincing China to pay into the future of UK nuclear power. Thereby putting the population of the UK in debt to the Chinese government for 30+ years and allowing them access to critical UK infrastructure. Such patriots.

For Mittal and Tata a large part about it is being able to use technical expertise in India. Still produce a lot shit though. We've had these pipes in our power station for 30 years and replaced them and then after two years the new ones are falling to pieces - standard cost saving efforts. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some of our cost saving imbeciles got very excited at the cost of some of the indian forgings even though the only reason we were taking to the company was due to bits failing leading to crashes.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:22 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
bimboman wrote:
P in VG wrote:
Oh look - Bimbot is back

And? What’s your point?

"Echo chamber" the new buzz phase of the rabid Brexiteer.

"Rabid Brexiteer" the new buzz phrase of the rabid EU fanatic.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:50 pm 

Leffe wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Leffe wrote:
ATT Bimbo.

I think that you view them as the plebs. Still, at least they've have more time for lunch curries with wine. Cos that's what the good folk of Scunthorpe like eating.

I’ve of course made no comment about Scunthorpe or its people, that’s all your work.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:57 pm 

Here we go again. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:06 pm 

Apparently Farage is trapped on the Brexit bus surrounded by Remainers armed with milkshakes.

No words..

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:14 pm 

https://mobile.twitter.com/tomcopley/status/1131245748580999170

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:16 pm 

Pmsl

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:20 pm 

Rugby2023 wrote:
Apparently Farage is trapped on the Brexit bus surrounded by Remainers armed with milkshakes.

No words..

Quote:
The politician is said to have refused to leave the vehicle just days after he was covered in banana and salted caramel milkshake in Newcastle.

Three young men dressed in black with their hoods up were reportedly spotted in the crowd when the bus arrived in Rochester, Kent, on Wednesday, Kent Live reports.

Someone suggested they were carrying milkshakes and Mr Farage was told not to get off the bus, according to the newspaper. The Brexit Party leader is said to have eventually stepped off the vehicle, but didn't venture far to greet supporters.

:lol: :lol: :lol: He's got the milky, milky shakes and is shaking all over.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776 ... 1238  Next