Izzy, what the HELL!!

All things Rugby
comets

Re: Izzy, what the HELL!!

Post by comets »

if true damn, i like JP's mum and for that, JP should be starting at 15for Australia..... jsut to rub it in the Psycho Folau's faces..
Last edited by comets on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
wamberal99

Post by wamberal99 »

On the other hand there are apparently some religious troglodytes in and around the Wallaby team. We need to be inclusive, and that means including players whose religious views are medieval. Or primeval.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

wamberal99 wrote:On the other hand there are apparently some religious troglodytes in and around the Wallaby team. We need to be inclusive, and that means including players whose religious views are medieval. Or primeval.
As I said, I very much doubt the "insider" exists.
Wallah

Post by Wallah »

Thomas wrote:A few months ago the mother of a young player went undercover into the church to suss stuff out. Turns out it was Petaia's mum

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-li ... 691913fe6f
The mother of a Wallabies player infiltrated Israel Folau’s church to reveal the “truth” about its teachings.

Helen Petaia has admitted she used a fake name to exchange messages online with Folau’s cousin, Josiah, to press the 20-year-old student about the beliefs of the Truth of Jesus Christ Church run by Israel Folau’s father, Eni, before leaking what she was told to the media.

Helen is the mother of Jordan Petaia — a young star who made his debut for the Wallabies against Uruguay at the Rugby World Cup in Japan last weekend.

The Herald Sun obtained correspondence between Ms Petaia and Folau’s 20-year-old cousin Josiah, that formed the basis of an expose of that was published by the Sydney Morning Herald.

She probed the young man about his views on the faith of Prime Minister Scott Morrison, Hillsong pastor Brian Houston and described the church to the newspaper as an “isolated hate group”.

It resulted in Josiah being fired from a casual job as a boarding house supervisor at St Gregory’s’ Catholic College in Sydney days after he was quoted as saying the Catholic Church was the “synagogue of Satan”.

The revelation Helen Petaia was behind the sting hasn’t been well received in the Wallabies camp at the World Cup. A source toldThe Australianthat Israel Folau had been “inundated with messages of support” from his former teammates, which expressed their “utter disbelief” at the “extreme lengths” she had gone to.

As part of her undercover investigation, Ms Petaia also travelled from her Queensland home to attend a prayer meeting at the church in Sydney. She obtained “evidence” but would not say if she recorded anything.

Part of Mrs Petaia’s motivation was to inform the Australian Christian Lobby — which raised money for Folau’s legal expenses — about what his church believed in.

She had not informed Jordan about her actions, but was concerned that he and other young people would be influenced by Israel Folau’s star power.

She focused on the topic of litigation in the correspondence with Folau’s cousin. “What does the bible say about suing people?” she asked. “I wonder if this is something Jesus would ever consider doing.

“Your cousin Israel seems not to understand forgiveness and demonstration of the love of Jesus, he is behaving just like nonbelievers even though he says he is standing up for all people of faith.”

Israel Folau. (Photo by Jason McCawley/Getty Images)
Israel Folau. (Photo by Jason McCawley/Getty Images)Source:Getty Images

Folau has been axed by Rugby Australia because of social media posts linked to his religious beliefs.

The staunch Christian is suing RA and the NSW Waratahs for unlawful dismissal, claiming his firing earlier this year over the social media messages was because of his religion.

In one April post, Folau claimed transgender people were evil and should repent while another paraphrased a bible passage saying “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, athiests and idolators” would go to hell unless they repented.

It was the second time he’d been pulled up for the same conduct, after it was revealed he offered to walk away from the sport and his contract over similar posts in April 2018.

RA and the Waratahs filed their defences to Folau’s allegations in the Federal Circuit Court last month, revealing Folau conceded before a tribunal in May that his posts had breached the sport’s code of conduct.

Faced with his concessions and refusal to remove the posts, the tribunal had little choice but to direct his contract be terminated, RA claims.

It says it’s “remarkable” Folau now claims his posts did not breach the code and that he also conceded the posts had the potential to damage RA’s relationship with sponsors and knew transgender and homosexual people may have been offended.

Folau claims his sacking was on the basis of his religion and has meant he can no longer play rugby union at an international level.
I call bullshit on the "insider" btw.
And people think Rooney is Wagatha Christie :o
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

kiap wrote:
Who would employ somebody with these delusions?
I reckon the NRL.

RWC completed, court case passes ... boom! Mungo beckons.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/israel-fol ... 45a5aeed78
In a way I agree with both Fitler and Johns. approach The problem however is they don't seem to be listening to what Izzy is saying. They seem to think the 2018 approach would work. It clearly didn't.
usermame

Post by usermame »

To whom does 'the insider' refer?
sockwithaticket

Post by sockwithaticket »

wamberal99 wrote:On the other hand there are apparently some religious troglodytes in and around the Wallaby team. We need to be inclusive, and that means including players whose religious views are medieval. Or primeval.
Up to a point. Having faith can't be treated as carte blanche to to hold and voice heinous beliefs, a shield which renders them immune to critique or consequence.

There's a lot of reprehensible shit in the bible, I wouldn't want to be on a team with someone who genuinely believed in some of it.
wamberal99

Post by wamberal99 »

So you believe that we should employ thought police to monitor player beliefs just in case they are thinking something reprehensible?

Surely nobody is talking about what people believe, surely I and most others are talking about what they say. Of course what a professional player says on social media has to be within the bounds of his or her contractual obligations, and the employer is surely entitled to proscribe hate speech.
comets

Post by comets »

when hate speech and religious beliefs are the same thing, where does one draw the line?
wamberal99

Post by wamberal99 »

comets wrote:when hate speech and religious beliefs are the same thing, where does one draw the line?

Anybody whose religion espouses hate speech cannot be allowed to spout it if they are paid a lot of money to perform in the public arena.

Bear in mind that there are a lot of "religions" and apparently any fool can stand up and spout something dredged up from some part of somebody's religious handbook. There are plenty of references in the New Testament which paint Jews in a bad light.

Does that mean that it is okay to call for the persecution of Jews?
grievous

Post by grievous »

IZZY GONNA IZZY
Israel Folau preaches bushfires and drought are God’s punishment for same-sex marriage and abortion
Exiled Wallaby Israel Folau has preached that same-sex marriage and abortion legislation are responsible for the bushfires and drought ravaging Australia.

news.com.auNOVEMBER 17, 20198:49PM

In his latest sermon, Israel Folau has linked the bushfires and drought which have ravaged NSW and Queensland to same-sex marriage and abortion legislation.
Speaking at The Truth of Jesus Christ Church in Kenthurst, north west of Sydney, Folau has again delivered yet another sermon which has taken aim at homosexuals.
In June, Folau launched an attack on homosexuals and transgender children, a matter of months after he had his Wallabies contract torn up for a series of social media posts.
Folau had his $4 million contract torn up by Rugby Australia after he was found guilty of a code of conduct breach for saying “hell awaits” gay people in a social media post earlier this year.

He has since launched legal action, reportedly seeking $10 million in damages, believing he has been discriminated against because of his religious views.
Folau is set to return to court in December ahead of a trial in February 2020 if mediation is unsuccessful.
But in his latest sermon, Folau linked the devastating natural disasters to recent legislation.

“The message I mainly want to speak about today is mainly for the people who are outside within the world,” he began. “I’ve been looking around at the events that have been happening around Australia in the last couple of weeks with the bushfires and the droughts and all these things that are currently happening.”
Folau said he was passing on the message “out of love” but quickly doubled down on his views on homosexuality and abortion.
Folau spoke from Isaiah 24, which says: “The earth is also defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore the curse has devoured the earth, and those who dwell in it are desolate. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men are left.”

He pointed to marriage equality laws and abortions and said “they’ve changed the law, they’ve changed the ordinance”.
“I just want to see the events that have happened here in Australia in the last couple of years,” he said. “God’s word says for a man and a woman to be together, one man and one woman to be in the covenant of marriage together.
“Abortion, it’s okay to murder and kill unborn children and they deem that to be okay.
“Look how rapid these bushfires, these droughts, all these things have come in a short period of time, do you think it’s a coincidence? God is speaking to you guys — Australia, you need to repent and take these laws and turn it back into what is right by God.”
He said “God is speaking to us”, urging the congregation to repent and turn away from their sins, comparing the current world to Sodom and Gomorrah — Old Testament cities which were destroyed by God for the sin of its inhabitants.
And in a passage of his sermon which appeared to speak to the scandal which saw his Rugby Australia contract torn up, Folau said Christians are “shut out” by the world.
“As a Christian in society, the world will look at you like you’re something different,” Folau said. “If you speak the truth, they will try to shut you out.
“To be a Christian and stand up for the truth seems like a criminal act compared to people who do drugs, sexual assault, go and murder, the world will accept you. As soon as you stand up and stand for the truth and proclaim the truth, they will try to shut you out.”

Folau said the current generation is “full of arrogance and full of pride”.
The exiled rugby star also he had the “solution for what’s happening in Australia”.
“Not even with the natural disaster but anyone who is not born again in Christ,” he said. “So many people are hard hearted, they don’t want to open their hearts and show humility to let the lord in and change them.
“Repent and the lord will heal you, forgive your sins and heal your land — that is the solution to what is happening right now in this nation.”
Folau had his contract torn up in April and has since stood by his statements.
Speaking at the Australian Christian Lobby’s national conference, Folau admitted he would “absolutely” send his now-infamous social media posts if he had his time again.
The ACL have been strong supporters of Folau throughout the scandal and his legal fight, helping raise $2 million from the general public to help fund his fight against Rugby Australia.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

In a decade or so he's going to be caught in some bathroom being taken from behind.
Burke's Boot

Post by Burke's Boot »

he's channelling the late Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist now.
BBB

Post by BBB »

Raggs wrote:In a decade or so he's going to be caught in some bathroom being taken from behind.
While snorting Coke off the cistern.
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

Do you think the Wallaby's performance at the world cup was punishment from god?
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

I'd love to talk to him. Doesn't he think its more likely it's due to everyone, including him, getting tattoos and eating shellfish? Shit load more prevalent than gay marriage and abortion.

I'm seriously starting to question if he's not gay. The ones who speak out about it loudest often are.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Mog The Almighty wrote:I'd love to talk to him. Doesn't he think its more likely it's due to everyone, including him, getting tattoos and eating shellfish? Shit load more prevalent than gay marriage and abortion.

I'm seriously starting to question if he's not gay. The ones who speak out about it loudest often are.
It's like as if his fixation on same sex relationships is total BS!
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Look sermons all over Australia and the world and all religions would be very controversial by nature so I wouldn't say that what Izzy has said about the bushfires is scandalous. It's more scandalous to report it and spread it in the community.

I think Izzy's fixation with the Gay issue is more to do with the attention and backlash. He's suddenly found himself an opportunity to be a martyr and a crusader for God. That it would be a sin to backdown.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

What I am having a little difficulty with, is how he doesn't believe that his axing from the Australian national team wasn't also God's will. Surely he is debasing himself by litigating in the same courts that enforce these godless laws that are the cause of the bushfires.
Mog The Almighty

CrazyIslander wrote:Look sermons all over Australia and the world and all religions would be very controversial by nature so I wouldn't say that what Izzy has said about the bushfires is scandalous. It's more scandalous to report it and spread it in the community.

I think Izzy's fixation with the Gay issue is more to do with the attention and backlash. He's suddenly found himself an opportunity to be a martyr and a crusader for God. That it would be a sin to backdown.
:thumbup:
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

CrazyIslander wrote:Look sermons all over Australia and the world and all religions would be very controversial by nature so I wouldn't say that what Izzy has said about the bushfires is scandalous. It's more scandalous to report it and spread it in the community.

That bastard messenger again. Shoot him/her, shoot them all. Damn them to hell.

As an aside, did you know that Jesus was a bastard messenger? It seems you didn't. :nod:
Mog The Almighty

What I don't get is how he can be sacked for saying something that's blatantly taught in black in white in the same book the virtually every Prime Minister of Australia except for Gillard (easily our bravest PM in recent times - and got crucified for it, excuse the pun) professes to believe. It's absolutely insane.

The Prime Minister is happy clapping in a cult chruch but we all have to ignore that his magic book says exactly what some rugby player says it does - and pointing it out gets you sacked?

How dumb are we?
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Ted. wrote:

As an aside, did you know that Jesus was a bastard messenger? It seems you didn't. :nod:
The messenger is everywhere in life. The ones telling people this and that. The ones pushing agendas in the background informing this person that another person said/done this empathising certain points to have desired effects on listeners. The messenger is innocent of course!
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Mog The Almighty wrote:What I don't get is how he can be sacked for saying something that's blatantly taught in black in white in the same book the virtually every Prime Minister of Australia except for Gillard (easily our bravest PM in recent times - and got crucified for it, excuse the pun) professes to believe. It's absolutely insane.

The Prime Minister is happy clapping in a cult chruch but we all have to ignore that his magic book says exactly what some rugby player says it does - and pointing it out gets you sacked?

How dumb are we?
I actually agree with the sacking because of two things:
1. RA is a community organisation and it must be inclusive. So a high profile member cannot publicly voice an opinion that isn't inclusive whether his opinion is legitimate or not.

2. It was clear that Izzy would not apologise or back down. Sports stars are usually forgiven for most controversies if they apologise even if it's not genuine, it gives the administration something to work with PR wise.
merlin the happy pig

Post by merlin the happy pig »

Ted. wrote:

I don't like Izzy for one minute, but the media are just feeding a pile on because it gets clicks.

So yeah, quite happy if they shoot the the messenger/parasites.
kiap

Post by kiap »

Mog The Almighty wrote:What I don't get is how he can be sacked for saying something that's blatantly taught in black in white in the same book the virtually every Prime Minister of Australia except for Gillard (easily our bravest PM in recent times - and got crucified for it, excuse the pun) professes to believe. It's absolutely insane.

How dumb are we?
Gillard didn't get crucified for being an atheist, you fool.
  • Gillard’s not our first atheist
    Julia Gillard will not be hurt by revealing she is an atheist. Of the 12 prime ministers preceding her, Kevin Rudd alone was overtly Christian
https://www.crikey.com.au/2010/06/30/of ... his-knees/
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

How dumb are we?
Where the fudge have you been for the rest of this thread? :roll:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

link
A tissue which was left in your washing machine and then dispersed throughout the entire load was caused by the government’s decision to legalise same sex marriage in 2017, Israel Folau has confirmed.

The former NRL player and current bigot said the increasing frequency and intensity of tissues in washing was God’s punishment for allowing two people of the same sex to marry.

“When you are frustratingly trying to pick off bits of tissue from your shirts and trousers, little piece by little piece, remember that it is your tacit approval of two men getting married in Darlinghurst last weekend that has caused this,” Folau said.

“You can try putting on the load again in a futile attempt to dislodge the tissue, but as long as your support this wicked act of two people who love each other getting married, you will continue to find small pieces of tissue in your clothing for many months to come”.

Folau did later temper his comments, conceding that the annoying moment when the door on the washing machine locks when you want to open it is not caused by same sex marriage. “That’s caused by abortion”.
Olddantucker

Post by Olddantucker »

guy smiley wrote:Image

link
A tissue which was left in your washing machine and then dispersed throughout the entire load was caused by the government’s decision to legalise same sex marriage in 2017, Israel Folau has confirmed.

The former NRL player and current bigot said the increasing frequency and intensity of tissues in washing was God’s punishment for allowing two people of the same sex to marry.

“When you are frustratingly trying to pick off bits of tissue from your shirts and trousers, little piece by little piece, remember that it is your tacit approval of two men getting married in Darlinghurst last weekend that has caused this,” Folau said.

“You can try putting on the load again in a futile attempt to dislodge the tissue, but as long as your support this wicked act of two people who love each other getting married, you will continue to find small pieces of tissue in your clothing for many months to come”.

Folau did later temper his comments, conceding that the annoying moment when the door on the washing machine locks when you want to open it is not caused by same sex marriage. “That’s caused by abortion”.
:lol:
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

guy smiley wrote:Image

link

Mr Follicle wins two awards with this little effort.
  1. Buggery Brings Disaster Award 2019: commemorates the 1755 Lisbon earthquake, which the godfearing sheeted home to the prevalence of unnatural vice
  2. Cupid Stunt Award (sportsperson division) 2019
comets

Post by comets »

Mog The Almighty wrote:I'd love to talk to him. Doesn't he think its more likely it's due to everyone, including him, getting tattoos and eating shellfish? Shit load more prevalent than gay marriage and abortion.

figured that out a while back, he is ..
https://i.imgur.com/NVgSsNF.png
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

Nah, he's just a cvnt. Probably the biggest shithead to take the rugby field since that South AFrican player was done for murder.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Looks like Folau’s white knight Alan Jones is looking stupider than usual as he has taken up the battlers’ cause with drought and fires.
The far right can be guaranteed to do this eventually when they get right behind these loons.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Jones only backed Folau because he was championing the "PC GORN MAD" angle. Now that Folau has come out with this shit, even a bloke who wrote love letters to school boys is distancing himself from the madness. Jones isn't dumb.
usermame

Post by usermame »

grievous wrote:Looks like Folau’s white knight Alan Jones is looking stupider than usual as he has taken up the battlers’ cause with drought and fires.
The far right can be guaranteed to do this eventually when they get right behind these loons.
Wot?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... riage.html
grievous

Post by grievous »

Thomas wrote:Jones only backed Folau because he was championing the "PC GORN MAD" angle. Now that Folau has come out with this shit, even a bloke who wrote love letters to school boys is distancing himself from the madness. Jones isn't dumb.
It makes him look dumb when he always attempts the contrarian deep wide wing position on issues that most in society agree a common sense response on.
Olo

Post by Olo »

The last shred of credibility IF had has been blown away in one foul sentence.

What an idiotic and vile human being. :lol: :lol:
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Israel Folau: my court case is coming up so I better make sure everyone thinks I'm not a religious loon.

Also Folau: gay marriage and abortion cause devastating bushfires...
comets

Post by comets »

lets hope someone who lost everything in the fire isn't pissed off enough to burn Folau's house down.....how long will Maria keep quiet on her insane husband? she is starting to look like FLOTUS right now with Folau as POTUS...
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

Olo wrote:The last shred of credibility IF had has been blown away in one foul sentence.

What an idiotic and vile human being. :lol: :lol:
Brainwashed. I think he's a member of some fundamentalist sect. Wouldn't surprise me if it comes out later he's given away all his money to them. He seems a bit thick.