Sickening manipulation of a vulnerable child
42%
Cast off the Shoe. Follow the Gourd
9%

Total votes: 223

Thomas

Re: Greta Thunberg

Post by Thomas »

fatcat wrote:Damaging the grass is a complete irrelevance but there's no way the grass grew back to that level in 3 days!
Are you suggesting this is a conspiracy pushed forward by Big Farmer?
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

Thomas wrote:
fatcat wrote:Damaging the grass is a complete irrelevance but there's no way the grass grew back to that level in 3 days!
Very good
Womack

Post by Womack »

We’re through the lacking grass here, people.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Womack wrote:We’re through the lacking grass here, people.
I’m feeling lazy so just have to imagine a languid Boom TISH
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

6.Jones wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
6.Jones wrote: The tragedy of the gammons.
It is tragic you can't get gammon in Oz :(
That's because we're manly men.
A shame though as with a fried egg, chips and pineapple it is Gert lush
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
That is, by a considerable margin, the worst post on this entire thread
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

happyhooker wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
He's gone native, a tragedy
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

happyhooker wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
You really f**king hate pineapple :lol:
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

I'm not sure why the UK is worries about the coronavirus at all. They only account for what, 0.5% of the global population? Every one there could die and it wouldn't make much of a difference. Only China should worry because so many of them could be infected.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Zakar wrote:I'm not sure why the UK is worries about the coronavirus at all. They only account for what, 0.5% of the global population? Every one there could die and it wouldn't make much of a difference. Only China should worry because so many of them could be infected.
This is where the absence of a snigger emoticon gets a bit annoying
eugenefraxby

Post by eugenefraxby »

Thomas wrote:
Your new Tim Vine material coming along nicely :thumbup:
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

Johnson revives onshore wind farms after 4-year ban

Boris Johnson has given the go-ahead to onshore wind farms four years after his predecessor, David Cameron, imposed a moratorium on subsidies for land-based wind turbines.

The prime minister’s move follows lower prices of electricity produced by wind farms in recent years, making the technology significantly cheaper than other forms of low-carbon electricity such as nuclear power.
https://www.ft.com/content/b8ddb2f4-5c8 ... 40a0d65a98

Whoda thunk?
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

happyhooker wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
An you call yourself a pub fan....

Quintessential UK pub food - the reasoning doesn't exist inOz is the Schnitty occupies that niche
backrow

Post by backrow »

Gammon, Soft Eggs, Pineapple, Chips, peas, Onion rings, tomato, gallon of Ketchup :thumbup:

pineapple haterz can GTFO, there is almost no food that is made worse by adding pineapple
sewa

Post by sewa »

backrow wrote:Gammon, Soft Eggs, Pineapple, Chips, peas, Onion rings, tomato, gallon of Ketchup :thumbup:

pineapple haterz can GTFO, there is almost no food that is made worse by adding pineapple
On this we agree :thumbup:
backrow

Post by backrow »

sewa wrote:
backrow wrote:Gammon, Soft Eggs, Pineapple, Chips, peas, Onion rings, tomato, gallon of Ketchup :thumbup:

On this we agree :thumbup:
:thumbup:

why the flaming feck did i type that before i've had lunch !?!? i'm STARVING now !
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

It's well established that you have the tastebuds of a dung beetle
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

happyhooker wrote:

It's well established that you have the taste of a dung beetle
Fixed it for you.
backrow

Post by backrow »

happyhooker wrote:

It's well established that you have the tastebuds of a dung beetle
Spoiler: show
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

6.Jones wrote:

Boris Johnson has given the go-ahead to onshore wind farms four years after his predecessor, David Cameron, imposed a moratorium on subsidies for land-based wind turbines.

The prime minister’s move follows lower prices of electricity produced by wind farms in recent years, making the technology significantly cheaper than other forms of low-carbon electricity such as nuclear power.

Whoda thunk?
I've long found it weird the left attacked Johnson on Environmental stuff. He was big on promoting cycling and launched the public cycles as mayor and has always been supportive of achieving zero net emissions. Plus his wife to be is a huge environmental nut who has worked for multiple environmental bodies. He's not going to do it in any business harming ways though.
dantedelew

Post by dantedelew »

eldanielfire wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

Whoda thunk?
I've long found it weird the left attacked Johnson on Environmental stuff. He was big on promoting cycling and launched the public cycles as mayor and has always been supportive of achieving zero net emissions. Plus his wife to be is a huge environmental nut who has worked for multiple environmental bodies. He's not going to do it in any business harming ways though.
Mixed bag really.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

On shore wind is a great big ruse to re inflate the coffers of the aristocracy. I do laugh at the lefts support ....
dantedelew

Post by dantedelew »

bimboman wrote:On shore wind is a great big ruse to re inflate the coffers of the aristocracy. I do laugh at the lefts support ....
It isn't. But it, and forestry and farming payments etc, do reveal the problems with land ownership in this country. Lots of land owned by not a lot of people who might have had it in the family for generations. And if you go back far enough how they originally got this land starts to get pretty murky.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

bimboman wrote:On shore wind is a great big ruse to re inflate the coffers of the aristocracy. I do laugh at the lefts support ....
Seriously? It's the cheapest form of energy Britain currently has access to. Unless the Government, and engineering consultancies, and the utility companies, and other governments are in a conspiracy. But you're obviously taking the mickey.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

6.Jones wrote:
Seriously? It's the cheapest form of energy Britain currently has access to. Unless the Government, and engineering consultancies, and the utility companies, and other governments are in a conspiracy. But you're obviously taking the mickey.

Yes seriously it requires feed in tariffs guaranteed for a huge return to the land owners. It’s much more likely to just be bad policy than any sort of conspiracy.
Last edited by bimboman on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
backrow

Post by backrow »

6.Jones wrote:
85% of Europe’s entire on-shore wind capacity, is located in Northamptonshire
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

dantedelew wrote:
It isn't. But it, and forestry and farming payments etc, do reveal the problems with land ownership in this country. Lots of land owned by not a lot of people who might have had it in the family for generations. And if you go back far enough how they originally got this land starts to get pretty murky.

Yes, but we aren’t communists.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

bimboman wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

Yes seriously it requires feed in tariffs guaranteed for a huge return to the land owners. It’s much more likely to just be bad policy than any sort of conspiracy.
No.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

backrow wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
85% of Europe’s entire on-shore wind capacity, is located in Northamptonshire
:lol: No.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

6.Jones wrote:
bimboman wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

No.

No, ? It really does fill the coffers. Guaranteed 8-12% returns with government guarantees.... the previous incarnation also had EIS.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

bimboman wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
bimboman wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

No.

No, ? It really does fill the coffers. Guaranteed 8-12% returns with government guarantees.... the previous incarnation also had EIS.
Are you familiar with the levelized cost of energy? It's measure of a power source that allows comparison of different methods of electricity generation taking in to account all of the factors, including tariffs. This has been calculated, independently of governments and vested interests. Over the decades, this calculation has been delegated to in the UK to an engineering firm called Mott MacDonald. Here's their 2016 numbers:

I've posted these before. I guess I'll still be posting them in a few years, when the next Mott MacDonald report comes out.

No one has ever accused that firm of bias. If you're really interested, read the report. It includes capital costs, economic life, subsidies and fuel. Every detail you could want to make an investment decision.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdate-.pdf
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

I’m also familiar with a company that built investment products off the back of the last incarnation of onshore wind and it sold 8% guaranteed as an EIS after build and the landowner taking a similar cut ..... the feed in was outrageous,and guaranteed for far longer than your examples.
Last edited by bimboman on Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

bimboman wrote:I’m also familiar with a company that built investment products off the back of the last incarnation of onshore wind and it sold 8% guaranteed as an EIS after build and the landowner taking a similar cut ..... the feed in was outrageous.
You can't price an asset by the actions of fraudsters. You have to at least read the fundamentals.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

6.Jones wrote:
bimboman wrote:I’m also familiar with a company that built investment products off the back of the last incarnation of onshore wind and it sold 8% guaranteed as an EIS after build and the landowner taking a similar cut ..... the feed in was outrageous.
You can't price an asset by the actions of fraudsters. You have to at least read the fundamentals.

There wasn’t any fraud. It was what the guarantees paid.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

bimboman wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

So read the fundamentals.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

6.Jones wrote:
bimboman wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

I get you can do it cheaper, it’s just that everytime we get these initiatives they start them with stupidly high guarantees, UK problem not renewables per se, though we are now a world leader in car in reductions..... (with some richer rich people).
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

bimboman wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
bimboman wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

I get you can do it cheaper, it’s just that everytime we get these initiatives they start them with stupidly high guarantees, UK problem not renewables per se, though we are now a world leader in car in reductions..... (with some richer rich people).
MAybe the problem is politicians.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Indeed, but ours have made us world leaders in carbon reduction. :thumbup:

(They of course made me pay for it).
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

The result of inaccurate subsidies is that someone pays more.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

6.Jones wrote:The result of inaccurate subsidies is that someone pays more.

Oh, they’ve made almost everyone’s electricity bills more expensive.