Sickening manipulation of a vulnerable child
42%
Cast off the Shoe. Follow the Gourd
9%

Total votes: 223

ChipSpike

Re: Greta Thunberg

Post by ChipSpike »

Thats true, unless you took advantage of the feed in tariffs on offer. In which case you would sitting pretty now. Some people will be getting approx 60p per kwh now (for domestic solar pv). What is about about government which makes them incapable of managing money properly?
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

backrow wrote:
sewa wrote:
backrow wrote:Gammon, Soft Eggs, Pineapple, Chips, peas, Onion rings, tomato, gallon of Ketchup :thumbup:

pineapple haterz can GTFO, there is almost no food that is made worse by adding pineapple
On this we agree :thumbup:
:thumbup:

why the flaming feck did i type that before i've had lunch !?!? i'm STARVING now !
At least you can get Gammon 😞
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
backrow wrote:
sewa wrote:
backrow wrote:Gammon, Soft Eggs, Pineapple, Chips, peas, Onion rings, tomato, gallon of Ketchup :thumbup:

pineapple haterz can GTFO, there is almost no food that is made worse by adding pineapple

why the flaming feck did i type that before i've had lunch !?!? i'm STARVING now !
https://www.pastoralsmallgoods.com.au/s ... ast-smoked. Fill yer boots.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
backrow wrote:
sewa wrote:

wtf ? you can't buy gammon in Oz ?
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

backrow wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
backrow wrote:
sewa wrote:

wtf ? you can't buy gammon in Oz ?
Yep. It's possible a lone butcher here and there may make / sell it but it aint made commercially.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

There's a thread full of gammon on here, much of it SH.
backrow

Post by backrow »

geez, I did think Oz was a bit of a culinary vacuum with its shite pies and overcooked meat, but didn't know you couldn't get gammon easily.
good job you have all that Leb and Viet stuff then :thumbup:
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

backrow wrote:geez, I did think Oz was a bit of a culinary vacuum with its shite pies and overcooked meat, but didn't know you couldn't get gammon easily.
In fairness, we get Kassler which is mint.

And Schnittys.

Much better meat as well
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

backrow wrote:geez, I did think Oz was a bit of a culinary vacuum with its shite pies and overcooked meat, but didn't know you couldn't get gammon easily.
Get off our pies mate. You can get some damn good pies in Australia. In fact, the best pies in the world are made in Australia. Nothing like a good tomato & onion meat pie and tomato sauce. Or steak & kidney or pepper steak pie. Hmmm I'm making myself homesick.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Get off our pies mate. You can get some damn good pies in Australia. In fact, the best pies in the world are made in Australia. Nothing like a good tomato & onion meat pie and tomato sauce. Or steak & kidney or pepper steak pie. Hmmm I'm making myself homesick.
your pies are utter shite
had them from a Coles, at someones house, that restaurant in Sydney that is famous for them (completely forget the name) as well as one in a restaurant in Brisbane (best one by far, which wasn't saying a lot).

and a proper pie shouldn't need any fecking ketchup ! gravy should be it.

had a big row with some aussie posters about a decade about it all. Overcooked roasts were another bugbear, and with ketchup too.
Fish & chips is amazing there though, better than UK by some way :thumbup:
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

This thread has improved no end over the last couple of pages
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Total rubbish!
Mog The Almighty

You people are hallucinating. At least your not claiming to have invented them like the bloody kiwis. Crazy mofos they'll be claiming vegemite, kangaroos and pavlova next.
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

eldanielfire wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Total rubbish!
The best pies on earth are Original Clark’s Pies. That’s not only a fücking fact it’s scripture, law, creed, folklore, legend, truth and enlightenment. I’m sure some of you will disagree in your childish and untraveled ineptitude, but I don’t need to answer, I’ll just preemptively issue a stern and sympathetic “fück off you stupid cünt” and leave it there.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Plato'sCave wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Total rubbish!
The best pies on earth are Original Clark’s Pies. That’s not only a fücking fact it’s scripture, law, creed, folklore, legend, truth and enlightenment. I’m sure some of you will disagree in your childish and untraveled ineptitude, but I don’t need to answer, I’ll just preemptively issue a stern and sympathetic “fück off you stupid cünt” and leave it there.
Fray Bentos or a Laithwaites Butter Pie, it’s a close call either way.
Mog The Almighty

This thread once again shines a spotlight on the deluded.
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:https://www.britishpieawards.co.uk/

Experts....
Hmmm.
The 2019 Supreme Champion ‘Pie of Pies’ was a Vegan Curried Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash Pie made by Butchers Jon Thorner from Somerset.
:thumbdown:
Mog The Almighty

Actually pretty interesting little documentary linked in that website:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... eg3ppayA44
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

backrow wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
had them from a Coles, at someones house, that restaurant in Sydney that is famous for them (completely forget the name) as well as one in a restaurant in Brisbane (best one by far, which wasn't saying a lot).

had a big row with some aussie posters about a decade about it all. Overcooked roasts were another bugbear, and with ketchup too.
You do realise it was you added the ketchup?
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

Interesting contrary view here from government-funded research group Energy Systems Catapult [well, contrary to mine]:

"Achieving net zero significantly earlier than 2050 in our modelling exceeds even our most speculative measures, with rates of change for power, heat and road transport that push against the bounds of plausibility." Fair enough.

They calculate that the UK can cut emissions fast enough to be climate neutral by 2050 at a cost of 1-2% of GDP – but only "if ministers act much more quickly." They say the government urgently needs to invest in three key technologies: carbon capture and storage with bioenergy crops; hydrogen for a wide variety of uses; and advanced nuclear power. Interesting. They're out of step with the energy sector there. No one else is looking seriously at carbon capture and storage with bioenergy crops, except from waste, or advanced nuclear power. Everyone's getting interested in hydrogen.

"The energy digitalisation sector alone will be worth £45 billion by 2025 and over £20 billion will need to be invested in electricity networks over the 15 years to upgrade infrastructure to meet the changing energy system." zzzz will hate that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-51804212
backrow

Post by backrow »

6.Jones wrote:
backrow wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:

you do realise I didn't add ketchup to a feckin pie ?
backrow

Post by backrow »

6.Jones wrote:
backrow wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:

you do realise I didn't add ketchup to a feckin pie ?
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

Then how did it get on there?
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

6.Jones wrote:Then how did it get on there?
I once had to physically restrain a 4and20 pie vendor at the MCG from putting ketchup on my pie
backrow

Post by backrow »

6.Jones wrote:Then how did it get on there?
I didn't say it got on my pie, just aghast that my aussie mates add ketchup to food that isn't chips without even tasting it first, including pies. at least once the pie was served with ketchup and my glance of :uhoh: was all that prevented it being put on my pie without me asking.

weird country, weird pies.
zzzz

Post by zzzz »

6.Jones wrote: "The energy digitalisation sector alone will be worth £45 billion by 2025 and over £20 billion will need to be invested in electricity networks over the 15 years to upgrade infrastructure to meet the changing energy system." zzzz will hate that.
He will indeed. Blockchain for engineers.

Still, I for one welcome the chance to have another 20 billion of overhead cost passed through to my reatil price.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

zzzz wrote:
6.Jones wrote: "The energy digitalisation sector alone will be worth £45 billion by 2025 and over £20 billion will need to be invested in electricity networks over the 15 years to upgrade infrastructure to meet the changing energy system." zzzz will hate that.

Still, I for one welcome the chance to have another 20 billion of overhead cost passed through to my reatil price.

G informs me retail prices will become cheaper......
houtkabouter

Post by houtkabouter »

With the orange turd taking such a smashing, why am I not surprised to find his followers cowering in here bashing teenage girls?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

houtkabouter wrote:With the orange turd taking such a smashing, why am I not surprised to find his followers cowering in here bashing teenage girls?

“Cowering”.

:lol:
backrow

Post by backrow »

houtkabouter wrote:With the orange turd taking such a smashing, why am I not surprised to find his followers cowering in here bashing teenage girls?
I..

etc
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

zzzz wrote:

What's wrong with blockchain?
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

bimboman wrote:
zzzz wrote:

That's my judgement. We're headed towards a period of much cheaper electricity. Unless government screws the pooch. It's hard to see how cheaper electricity doesn't result in cheaper prices, numbers being ordered like they are, in numerical sequence. If the fuel costs less, and construction costs are lower, and there's an open market for capacity, then what pray tell will cause prices to rise? Profiteering, I suppose. Protectionism. Simple wrong choices. But the tech will deliver electricity cheaper, and you can bet on that.
Last edited by 6.Jones on Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

6.Jones wrote:
bimboman wrote:
zzzz wrote:

That's my judgement. We're headed towards a period of much cheaper electricity. Unless government screws the pooch. It's hard to see how cheaper electricity doesn't result in cheaper prices, numbers being ordered like they are, in numerical sequence.

You know as pointed out we as customers are being forced to pay for the infrastructure etc.

It won’t happen in my life time.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

bimboman wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
bimboman wrote:
zzzz wrote:

That's my judgement. We're headed towards a period of much cheaper electricity. Unless government screws the pooch. It's hard to see how cheaper electricity doesn't result in cheaper prices, numbers being ordered like they are, in numerical sequence.

You know as pointed out we as customers are being forced to pay for the infrastructure etc.

It won’t happen in my life time.
Of course you have to pay for the infrastructure. You have to pay for the infrastructure, whether it's wind, coal or gas. You can't not build new plant as old plant wears out. The only alternative is no electricity.
dantedelew

Post by dantedelew »

6.Jones wrote:...
Interesting. They're out of step with the energy sector there. No one else is looking seriously at carbon capture and storage with bioenergy crops, except from waste, or advanced nuclear power. Everyone's getting interested in hydrogen.
Small Modular Reactor development is a part of the Sector Deal between the nuclear industry and gov in the UK. Gov are putting in R&D money and Rolls-Royce are leading the industry consortium.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

dantedelew wrote:
Interesting. They're out of step with the energy sector there. No one else is looking seriously at carbon capture and storage with bioenergy crops, except from waste, or advanced nuclear power. Everyone's getting interested in hydrogen.
Small Modular Reactor development is a part of the Sector Deal between the nuclear industry and gov in the UK. Gov are putting in R&D money and Rolls-Royce are leading the industry consortium.
That's really interesting. :thumbup:
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

dantedelew wrote:
I like this idea. Surely we can build modular nuclear plants cheaply, the technology isn't exactly new now.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Of course you have to pay for the infrastructure. You have to pay for the infrastructure, whether it's wind, coal or gas. You can't not build new plant as old plant wears out. The only alternative is no electricity.

Now now, that’s not quite the case here is it.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

bimboman wrote:

Now now, that’s not quite the case here is it.
It is. Government has a choice. They can either replace grid infrastructure now, or they can replace it as it reaches the end of its operational life.

You're saying [with no justification] they'll replace it before replacement is needed. Why would they do that? The answer is they won't.

You have fifty years. Over that period almost every grid connected power plant will reach the end of its operational life, and will need to be replaced. In almost every case they can be replaced with a renewable alternative at lower cost than a like replacement.

The cases where they can't be replaced at a lower cost is where government chooses an alternative option for energy security reasons.