Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609 ... 612  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:26 pm 

Ceejay wrote:
God knows where he's going, not everyone is chuffed they've got rid of him, bit like Will Boyde last year, he's performed for Scarlets and he's still going, I can only presume he doesn't get on with the new head-shed. Hey, I'm used to people taking the piss, the worst ones are the valley boys, do they really feel superior to Westies? I'm pretty sure that all valley boys have the sit-down chat with their parents where they're advised to marry outside their valley if they want their kids to have the correct number of digits, look at all the valley boys on this forum, they've all married foreigners and moved away. ;)

Well on a selfish note I'm quite pleased Boyde's face didn't fit, he's held our team together a t times this year. I'd welcome some coaching support for our forwards too - lineouts and mauling, we're not bad overt he ball or weirdly scrummaging.

Oh I had that conversation with my parents did, marry out of your league boy, head out to where the sun always shines - years later settled down with a girl from my village. She's still out of my league obviously and we moved to that perma sunny spot - Caerphilly, winner winner :thumbup:[/quote]

My son is living in Caerphilly, he's with a local girl and bought a house there, walked round there in February before all this Corona bullsh*t, couldn't help thinking the castle could do with a powerwash.[/quote]

Ah good boy, there's sense in those Westie bones, hope he's enjoying himself ;) 1268 they started building that castle, after 750 years it could do with a jet wash![/quote]

The good news is it's not the 'proper' valleys and she's a lovely woman, so despite my reservations before I met her he's done well, so strange to see a castle as the centre-piece of a town though, Caerphilly's fairly unique.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:36 pm 

Bwmp

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:40 pm 

I see Allen Clarke has gone from strength to strength.

From Ulster, Ireland A? And Ospreys to getting a job with Div 2 West Ystradlynglais.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 pm 

Derwyn wrote:

From Ulster, Ireland A? And Ospreys to getting a job with Div 2 West Ystradlynglais.

Top man: doing it as a thank you to the locals for being so good to him during his time at the O’s. Think he’s only helping hold the bags for the U8s or some such.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:50 am 

Chris Czekaj calls it a day. What can we say about our Chris

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52771156

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:44 pm 

Frodder wrote:
Chris Czekaj calls it a day. What can we say about our Chris

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52771156

Was promising until injuries took their toll. Anyone got a clip of that awful defensive effort when he was at Bedford, where he chased after a ball kicked behind him and the attacker made up twice the distance in the time? Sad and amusing at the same time.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:46 pm 

Short Man Syndrome wrote:
Derwyn wrote:

Top man: doing it as a thank you to the locals for being so good to him during his time at the O’s. Think he’s only helping hold the bags for the U8s or some such.

Are Os still contractually obliged to pay him? I wonder does he have to stay in the area becuase he can then claim he was available for work.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:39 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Derwyn wrote:

Are Os still contractually obliged to pay him? I wonder does he have to stay in the area becuase he can then claim he was available for work.

Beats me. He might be staying in the area because it's a nice spot with an excellent chippy and a lovely little cafe called Loaf which, I can assure you, does a banging plate of sausage egg and chips.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:34 pm 

I saw on twitter some more chatter about Johnny Williams joining the Scarlets - I seem to remember that being floated here a while back. Whether him and Tyler Morgan can replace Parkes, Fonotia and Baldwin adequately will be interesting to see.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:31 pm 

Holmes now confirmed for the dragons. Excellent news.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:50 pm 

No link for it but I've just read that Danny Wilson has got the Glasgow top job, after the good job he did at Cardiff that's a worry, they were doing well anyway, but if he gets them playing as well as he got Cardiff playing they'll be hard to beat.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:06 am 

7N31 wrote:
No link for it but I've just read that Danny Wilson has got the Glasgow top job, after the good job he did at Cardiff that's a worry, they were doing well anyway, but if he gets them playing as well as he got Cardiff playing they'll be hard to beat.

I hope they do play well. The more good teams in the P14 the better for everyone. Its our job to improve the Scarlets' lot.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:12 am 

penguin wrote:
I saw on twitter some more chatter about Johnny Williams joining the Scarlets - I seem to remember that being floated here a while back. Whether him and Tyler Morgan can replace Parkes, Fonotia and Baldwin adequately will be interesting to see.

It sounds promising, but I'd say that they are also thought of as replacing Foxy too. He cant have more than 2 seasons left in him after this. He just turned 32 and will want to be playing international rugby next season so he can aim for the Lions and then retire internationally, playing his last season with the Scarlets. He may even head to Japan for a 2-3 years fro the big bucks who knows.

On top of that, we have a very promising Osian Knott coming through the ranks too. I think he is a #12 though but that could change as he matures.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:43 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
penguin wrote:

It sounds promising, but I'd say that they are also thought of as replacing Foxy too. He cant have more than 2 seasons left in him after this. He just turned 32 and will want to be playing international rugby next season so he can aim for the Lions and then retire internationally, playing his last season with the Scarlets. He may even head to Japan for a 2-3 years fro the big bucks who knows.

On top of that, we have a very promising Osian Knott coming through the ranks too. I think he is a #12 though but that could change as he matures.

Knott does look good, but you've probably got a while before he's ready to be a regular starter. With Fonotia off as well it puts a lot of pressure on Johnny Williams to be a success. For what it's worth I think he probably will be but if I were a scarlet I'd have wanted Fonotia to stick around to make sure that there was adequate cover at 12 and 13. Seemed like he was playing pretty good rugby and was adaptable enough to play well in both positions.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:45 am 

Aled Davies signs for Saracens, ends his Wales career.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52819638

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:56 am 

7N31 wrote:

Shut the door on your way out...

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:04 pm 

I hope Dan Baker has a lovely time in France, poor sod deserves some luck. Just imagine how fat he's going to get!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:06 pm 

P in VG wrote:
7N31 wrote:

Good move for him. Hardy becomes 4th choice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:28 pm 

I hope Dan Baker has a lovely time in France, poor sod deserves some luck. Just imagine how fat he's going to get!

Yeah, good luck to him. Sorry to see him leave Wales, but hopefully he has a good time there and comes back for an Indian summer to his career in Wales.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:29 pm 

7N31 wrote:

Oh. No. This. Is. Terrible. News.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:30 pm 

Frodder wrote:
P in VG wrote:
7N31 wrote:

Yeah, and you can see how his brand of relatively uninteresting, unfussy, military medium play fits the bill for them. Wigglesworth was hardly an incendiary scrum half for them and he has been a key man. Others can do the fireworks, the 9 organises. Should suit Davies.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:27 pm 

penguin wrote:
Holmes now confirmed for the dragons. Excellent news.

Fair play it is a good signing for you. I like that despite being a bit of a poach he's committed to wanting to play for Wales by moving here, da iawn.

Demonstrates the 60 cap rule continues to work, hopefully more to follow.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:30 pm 

7N31 wrote:

Very good signing for Glasgow that, he'll push them on.

Best coach we've had in a long time - worked miracles with the squad we had over those three years, 100% would have him back at CAP.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:34 pm 

Frodder wrote:
P in VG wrote:
7N31 wrote:

Definitely ranks as one of those 'how did he manage that' signings. Aaron Jarvis springs to mind as another when he signed for Clermont.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:46 pm 

For all you Newport people out there, not often you get to see your home town/city in daylight with absolutely no people about, well maybe just 1 or 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:17 am 

In among the Ospreys departures I notice Will Jones has gone...I thought he was supposed to be one to watch out for? I know he's been injured but I'd have thought he was worth persevering with...at least a little longer.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:37 am 

Some good things being done down in Swansea it seems, the essence of Tandy losing it stench some what.

As for Jones, I now you've a romantic view on these things. But you can't be a 5'8 12st pro rugby forward.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:40 am 

Theflier wrote:
Some good things being done down in Swansea it seems, the essence of Tandy losing it stench some what.

As for Jones, I now you've a romantic view on these things. But you can't be a 5'8 12st pro rugby forward.

He was a short arse but Ospreys site has him down as 97kg....15 odd stone. No doubt he was small but that is Nic Cudd size.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:50 am 

penguin wrote:
Theflier wrote:

He was a short arse but Ospreys site has him down as 97kg....15 odd stone. No doubt he was small but that is Nic Cudd size.

Rugby stats are huge falsifcations, I remember seeing navidi listed at 6'2, and at 6'1(nearly) I was comfortably taller

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:30 am 

Theflier wrote:
penguin wrote:
Theflier wrote:

Rugby stats are huge falsifcations, I remember seeing navidi listed at 6'2, and at 6'1(nearly) I was comfortably taller

Well, possibly...but I wonder when those stats were posted as well. From under 20s to his current age players can fill out a lot. It would be interesting to know what his real weight is now.

As for the other Ospreys players to leave - Gaijon couldn't even impress at premiership level when I saw him, Glynn and Marfo were just injury cover I think, Tom Williams was entirely underwhelming - I couldn't see much to recommend him. I'd have thought Baker might have warranted a short term extension now he is fit again, but I guess they feel he's never going to get back to what he was. For a guy who used footwork as much as he did to beat people I guess those knee injuries might have been a killer.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:36 am 

Pat Lam saying some nice things about Welsh rugby

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52830727

Quote:
"I consider New Zealand rugby players pretty natural - they can play the game," said Lam.

"I say the same with the Welsh. With Jonathan Thomas I am always talking about it - I am just amazed at the ability of Welsh rugby players.

"I am not advertising or trying to get a job or anything, but I would love to coach the Welsh rugby team."

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:07 pm 

penguin wrote:
Pat Lam saying some nice things about Welsh rugby

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52830727

Quote:
"I consider New Zealand rugby players pretty natural - they can play the game," said Lam.

"I say the same with the Welsh. With Jonathan Thomas I am always talking about it - I am just amazed at the ability of Welsh rugby players.

"I am not advertising or trying to get a job or anything, but I would love to coach the Welsh rugby team."

I would be VERY happy to see Lam get a shot (after Pivac has had an incredibly successful run, of course...).

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:12 pm 

Theflier wrote:

Hi Theflier - good to see you back!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:20 pm 

Derwyn wrote:
Dobbin claims that the Dragons had signed a major international prop.

Due to the Corona said prop decided he wanted to remain close to his family so there was a mutual agreement to release from contract.

Marcel van der Merwe perhaps? Certainly fits the description and Paul said there was a good chance of signing him. Perhaps something they can resurrect when the dust settles.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:49 pm 

Nick Tomkins to the Dragons on Twitter now.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:54 pm 

Theflier wrote:
penguin wrote:
Theflier wrote:

That’ll be your enormous head.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:33 pm 

7N31 wrote:

Dragons spending the cash. Moneybags Ospreys with their sugar daddy's

Pity us poor Blues

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:44 am 

Frodder wrote:
7N31 wrote:

Dragons spending the cash. Moneybags Ospreys with their sugar daddy's

Pity us poor Blues

Not announcing any signings out of respect to current situation, so we'll take a moral win.

However, fudge that I'd much prefer us to announce something, all other regions look as though they're making plans and we're not seeing or hearing anything from the club. Confirming we are actually completely broke or playing the long game?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:21 am 

We are actually broke, the dragons have more funding than us and have for the last season

We need Covid to do a number on the members of CAC, speed up the inevitable

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:44 pm 

The South Africans are on the way to the Pro 14, could be the end of the road for the dream of a British and Irish league. Pro 18 here we come.

https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/sout ... ort/627556

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609 ... 612  Next