Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609, 610 ... 612  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:13 pm 

7N31 wrote:
The South Africans are on the way to the Pro 14, could be the end of the road for the dream of a British and Irish league. Pro 18 here we come.

https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/sout ... ort/627556

Dreadful news if true.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:53 pm 

Kid A wrote:
7N31 wrote:
The South Africans are on the way to the Pro 14, could be the end of the road for the dream of a British and Irish league. Pro 18 here we come.

Dreadful news if true.

Agreed.

Shit idea.

I’m sure there’s some winner but I can’t see one. Maybe more money for the Saffas? But it won’t improve their rugby. Doubt it’ll improve ours. Does sod all for the identity or marketability of what should be a Celtic League. And possibly brings in a barrier to a British League.

I was hoping this dreadful Covid19 situation would put things in perspective and bring some sense to affairs.

Looks like the opposite.

Then again, could be some strategic briefing from the Saffas with all the talk of that trans-Tasman comp.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 4:01 pm 

henry wrote:
Kid A wrote:
7N31 wrote:

Dreadful news if true.

Agreed.

Shit idea.

I’m sure there’s some winner but I can’t see one. Maybe more money for the Saffas? But it won’t improve their rugby. Doubt it’ll improve ours. Does sod all for the identity or marketability of what should be a Celtic League. And possibly brings in a barrier to a British League.

I was hoping this dreadful Covid19 situation would put things in perspective and bring some sense to affairs.

Looks like the opposite.

Then again, could be some strategic briefing from the Saffas with all the talk of that trans-Tasman comp.

There will be more money. But everyone will have more money. It will still be a shit Irish league run by the Irish for the Irish. There will be more flights to Africa, and more games with zero away fans. I sincerely hope it's not true.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:16 am 

Suggestion that Dean Ryan wants to play Jonah Holmes in the centre as well as in the back 3. Could be a good move for Holmes, looking ahead to the next world cup. The ability to play 3 positions could be a good way to push himself ahead of the chasing pack.

I'd be quite interested to see what a backline with Tompkins and Holmes in the centres and a back 3 of Hewitt, Dyer or Rosser and Jordan Williams could do. Genuine pace, plenty of ability to beat a man, and plenty of experience.

Now all we need is some rugby... :((

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:41 am 

penguin wrote:
Suggestion that Dean Ryan wants to play Jonah Holmes in the centre as well as in the back 3. Could be a good move for Holmes, looking ahead to the next world cup. The ability to play 3 positions could be a good way to push himself ahead of the chasing pack.

I'd be quite interested to see what a backline with Tompkins and Holmes in the centres and a back 3 of Hewitt, Dyer or Rosser and Jordan Williams could do. Genuine pace, plenty of ability to beat a man, and plenty of experience.

Now all we need is some rugby... :((

A poor man's Ookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:17 am 

Glad to see you're all still here. Those are some good signings for the Dragons. not sure about the saffa additions to the Pro14 though, should get some Spanish/German teams in there or something. Easier to travel to and the Dragons have a slightly higher chance of winning.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:48 pm 

Professional sport given green light by Welsh government behind closed doors. Finally our years of practice without crowds is about to pay off...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:27 pm 

penguin wrote:
Professional sport given green light by Welsh government behind closed doors. Finally our years of practice without crowds is about to pay off...

Long term strategy. Match day organisers will pick up where they left off

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:55 pm 

penguin wrote:

And to be called professional!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:04 am 

penguin wrote:

:lol:

Similarly, without the aid of all the booing, the Irish simply won't be able to perform.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:28 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
penguin wrote:

:lol:

Similarly, without the aid of all the booing, the Irish simply won't be able to perform.

Booooooo. For that alone let's keep the doors closed forever

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 am 

Theflier wrote:
We are actually broke, the dragons have more funding than us and have for the last season

We need Covid to do a number on the members of CAC, speed up the inevitable

Fair play to the Blues. Broke and signed Amos and Hill, while trying to bring on Watkins too. Bullshit Blues more like. Always find a hidden money tree.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:16 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:
We are actually broke, the dragons have more funding than us and have for the last season

Fair play to the Blues. Broke and signed Amos and Hill, while trying to bring on Watkins too. Bullshit Blues more like. Always find a hidden money tree.

Peters Pies chequebook is always ready to do a deal!

In other news, I am disappoint at the lack of 'Big Money Signings' going on down the Liberty. Maybe our new benefactors are not so flush with cash. In a dream scenario, we'd plug our squad with all the Argies being booted out of the Jaguares at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:19 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

In other news, I am disappoint at the lack of 'Big Money Signings' going on down the Liberty. Maybe our new benefactors are not so flush with cash. In a dream scenario, we'd plug our squad with all the Argies being booted out of the Jaguares at the moment.

You should be able to pick up some bargains in the everything-must-go, super post-pandemic f*cked-for-cash player merry go round.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:23 am 

penguin wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

You should be able to pick up some bargains in the everything-must-go, super post-pandemic f*cked-for-cash player merry go round.

Well indeed. That was my hope. The deafening silence however suggests that it's more likely the Ospreys will be rolling out the 'untapped potential' of some fatty they've had no option to play because of injuries from Aberavon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:29 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Well indeed. That was my hope. The deafening silence however suggests that it's more likely the Ospreys will be rolling out the 'untapped potential' of some fatty they've had no option to play because of injuries from Aberavon.

To be fair they only announced the deal recently and you'd imagine they want to get the lie of the land and the financial impact of everything before really going to town.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:32 am 

Fudge me watching the O's fans getting all chippy again. Oh how I've missed that when their gallacticos delivered the square root of fudge all

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 am 

Are Ospreys loaded again then?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:54 am 

AND-y wrote:
Are Ospreys loaded again then?

Did you not hear about their news?

Quote:
Hong Kong-based Y11 Sports & Media buys 75.1% stake in Ospreys. (Reuters) - Hong Kong-based sports marketing group Y11 Sports & Media has acquired a 75.1% stake in Welsh team Ospreys in a multi-million pound deal, the regional rugby union side said on Wednesday.13 May 2020

We'll see if they have the sense to get a quality coach in first...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:28 pm 

Yes the Os are ground floor for the next Welsh rugby scandal, probably something to do with tax.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:45 pm 

I'm expecting the new Asian sugar daddies to look to the MLR for inspiration and re-brand the Ospreys as some kind of exotic, enticing, refreshing beverage. Maybe 'The Pint of Milds'?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:50 pm 

I sincerely hope it works out for the Ospreys - sincerely

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:18 pm 

Frodder wrote:
Fudge me watching the O's fans getting all chippy again. Oh how I've missed that when their gallacticos delivered the square root of fudge all

?????? :?

Think your mob would have been happy to have WON the league FOUR times. (they were disappointing in Europe though) :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:22 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
Frodder wrote:

Think your mob would have been happy to have WON the league FOUR times. (they were disappointing in Europe though) :P

Glad you've bolded "fans" :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:48 pm 

Frodder wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
Frodder wrote:

Glad you've bolded "fans" :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:00 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

You say Hill, I'll counter with Thornton and that Saffa from Ulster who we had to let go before pre-season started!

We're broke, but reckon when the right player becomes available we just dip further and hope for the best - some arian must be coming from somewhere granted, but we're routed to the foot of the NH pro rich list.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:17 pm 

Ceejay wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

You say Hill, I'll counter with Thornton and that Saffa from Ulster who we had to let go before pre-season started!

We're broke, but reckon when the right player becomes available we just dip further and hope for the best - some arian must be coming from somewhere granted, but we're routed to the foot of the NH pro rich list.

LoT clearly has an issue with us. Not sure who Watkins is

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:52 pm 

Ceejay wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

Made a massive impact, obviously.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:58 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Ceejay wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

Made a massive impact, obviously.

Loving this S-club 7 west sanctimony losers wank. We sure have shit fvck all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:14 pm 

S Club 7 were as good at their funding as the Welsh regions.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:32 pm 

Frodder wrote:
Ceejay wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

LoT clearly has an issue with us. Not sure who Watkins is

Sorry, Tompkins. I re-watched 2020 Wal v Eng and Wal v Fra the past week. My Os mate reckons he is a bit shit i.e. his defense, but I thought he played really well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:52 pm 

Great going forward. Not such a great tackler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:01 pm 

It had all the hall marks of Morirartys first, and only impressive game for Wales. Hardly poetry, lots of effort, will be surprised if he maintains it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:03 pm 

Theflier wrote:
It had all the hall marks of Morirartys first, and only impressive game for Wales. Hardly poetry, lots of effort, will be surprised if he maintains it

Well there you go

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:47 pm 

Lads, we got him!

Jefferson Poirot retires from France duty at age of 27

Quote:
Former France captain Jefferson Poirot has retired from international rugby at the age 27 because of a lack of motivation.

The prop said he has struggled since France's World Cup quarter-final defeat by Wales last year.

:thumbup:

I see Aled Brew is on the look out for another club.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:51 am 

bessantj wrote:
Lads, we got him!

Jefferson Poirot retires from France duty at age of 27

Quote:
Former France captain Jefferson Poirot has retired from international rugby at the age 27 because of a lack of motivation.

The prop said he has struggled since France's World Cup quarter-final defeat by Wales last year.

:thumbup:

I see Aled Brew is on the look out for another club.

Same as Sebby Vahaamahina. Gifted us 2 games, God bless him, then retires. Couldn't take it any more.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:09 am 

Slept on this one a bit lads, but what the fúck going on here?

Welsh rugby player George Mbofana says his mother broke down crying when she read alleged racist and homophobic abuse directed at him by Pontarddulais RFC team-mates.

I know you can get some dodgy people in Wales but to racially abuse your own teammate? That's fúcking beyond the pale.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:19 am 

Yeah. Nasty little story...but you wonder how often that sort of thing is repeated up and down the country. 'Banter' covers a multitude of odious behaviours and attitudes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:21 am 

bessantj wrote:
Slept on this one a bit lads, but what the fúck going on here?

Welsh rugby player George Mbofana says his mother broke down crying when she read alleged racist and homophobic abuse directed at him by Pontarddulais RFC team-mates.

I know you can get some dodgy people in Wales but to racially abuse your own teammate? That's fúcking beyond the pale.

I remember working in Swansea and a bloke got sacked because of a constant tirade against an Iranian, it took a lot of witnesses to finally convince Human Resources and even then the HR manager, an ex-Newport player, was convinced it was just 'banter', it's widespread in Wales.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:23 am 

Yeah, it is far too widespread and accepted I hate to think about what black players put up with just to get a game. I read the article about Hewitt pushing back against some 'banter' from his teammates.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609, 610 ... 612  Next