Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 587  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:52 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Anyone else been injured this afternoon?

Don't think so.

Just been lurking on a certain Welsh forum and a couple seem to think this will be the team:

1. Gill
2. Bennett
3. Jones
4. Davies
5. Evans
6. Jones
7. Warburton
8. Faletau

9. Phillips
10. Priestland
11. North
12. Jaw
13. Jiffy Jnr
14. Cuthbert
15. 1/2p

Quite possibly rubbish but I'll be chuffed if the Priest and the Jaw make it. I would be happy with Gill too but Cuthbert would be a big risk.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:57 pm 

roughneck wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

Don't think so.

Just been lurking on a certain Welsh forum and a couple of folks have this team for sat:

1. Gill
2. Bennett
3. Jones
4. Davies
5. Evans
6. Jones
7. Warburton
8. Faletau

9. Phillips
10. Priestland
11. North
12. Jaw
13. Jiffy Jnr
14. Cuthbert
15. 1/2p

Quite possibly rubbish but I'll be chuffed if the Priest and the Jaw make it. Would be happy with Gill too but Cuthbert would be a big risk.

I'd be worried that certain players are being rushed back without being fully fit. If Jaw plays I wouldnt be surprised if he has a stinker, he cant be matchfit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:01 pm 

Glanmor'sGhost wrote:
I'd be worried that certain players are being rushed back without being fully fit. If Jaw plays I wouldnt be surprised if he has a stinker, he cant be matchfit.

I agree but if he is selected, I would have thought that means he's passed the necessary fitness tests/requirements.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:03 pm 

roughneck wrote:
Glanmor'sGhost wrote:

I agree but if he is selected, I would have thought that means he's passed the necessary fitness tests/requirements.

Yeah but you can pass fitness tests and not be matchfit. He hasnt played since Christmas and'll be rusty. If he plays I'll be surprised if he's close to his best form.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:07 pm 

Gill is the really interesting one...leap-frogging James and Bevington in the pecking order. Anyone know much about his scrummaging - apart from the fact that he seemed to do well in an absolutely shocking encounter with Adam Jones down at the liberty?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:07 pm 

Quote:
1. Gill
2. Bennett
3. Jones
4. Davies
5. Evans
6. Jones
7. Warburton
8. Faletau

9. Phillips
10. Priestland
11. North
12. Jaw
13. Jiffy Jnr
14. Cuthbert
15. 1/2p

I'd take that but I'd be surprised to see Gill edge out James. I also think, given the noises from the camp, made via the ever-reliable Wail, that Byrne is going to come in at FB. That means 1/2penny to the wing and that is a side more consistent with Gatland's conservatism.

I share Glanmor's concerns about match fitness and preparedness. Roberts will be rustier than Mitty's ma's fanny.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:10 pm 

Glanmor'sGhost wrote:
roughneck wrote:
Glanmor'sGhost wrote:

Yeah but you can pass fitness tests and not be matchfit. He hasnt played since Christmas and'll be rusty. If he plays I'll be surprised if he's close to his best form.

I suppose the question is - whats better, a fully fit Scott Williams/Ashley Beck or a Jamie Roberts lacking match fitness?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:21 pm 

Glanmor'sGhost wrote:
roughneck wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

Don't think so.

Just been lurking on a certain Welsh forum and a couple of folks have this team for sat:

1. Gill
2. Bennett
3. Jones
4. Davies
5. Evans
6. Jones
7. Warburton
8. Faletau

9. Phillips
10. Priestland
11. North
12. Jaw
13. Jiffy Jnr
14. Cuthbert
15. 1/2p

Quite possibly rubbish but I'll be chuffed if the Priest and the Jaw make it. Would be happy with Gill too but Cuthbert would be a big risk.

I'd be worried that certain players are being rushed back without being fully fit.

So much This! We have to take our hits, and play the next best...putting out half crocked players does no one any good/ The player will likely get more f**ked, and we'll play shit from having a player who can't give his 100%.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:26 pm 

roughneck wrote:
Glanmor'sGhost wrote:
roughneck wrote:
Glanmor'sGhost wrote:

I suppose the question is - whats better, a fully fit Scott Williams/Ashley Beck or a Jamie Roberts lacking match fitness?

I'd like to say Scott Williams, anyway I'm sure Gatland knows what he's doing.

If that really is the team then it must be the biggest 3/4 line we've ever picked. Certainly the biggest pair of wingers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:40 pm 

Glanmor'sGhost wrote:
roughneck wrote:
Glanmor'sGhost wrote:
roughneck wrote:
Glanmor'sGhost wrote:

I'd like to say Scott Williams, anyway I'm sure Gatland knows what he's doing.

If that really is the team then it must be the biggest 3/4 line we've ever picked. Certainly the biggest pair of wingers.

Yeah, no doubt. But at least most of the big guys are quite dynamic - rather than being Banahan style statues. If North and Cuthbert can make those nice runs inside priestland while the defence is looking at the jaw then it could be pretty effective. No point talking about the backs though...will we get any ball to get them boshing up there?

For me the guy playing at 6 (assuming Lydiate doesn't make it) is more crucial to whether we will be creative in the backs. Ryan Jones, Powell or Shingler - there are no ready made replacements for Lydiate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:55 pm 

Oi LeekMunchers..when is your team being announced? :|

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:59 pm 

redrebel wrote:

Tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:02 pm 

AND-y wrote:
redrebel wrote:

Tomorrow.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:12 pm 

Dont know about you lot but i dont want to see Cuthbert starting. I have watched hinm closely and he seems a tad clueless. Byrne at FB , North and HP on the wings. Midfield? JD and SW have played very little together and have not bonded . If Roberts is deff out then i would like to see henson alongside JD. Henson can create space which will let JD go about his job

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:33 pm 

Dont shoot the messenger. Here is the starting 15.

Lee Halfpenny ,George North, Jon Davies, Jamie Roberts, Alex Cuthbert, Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips.
Rhys Gill, Hugh Bennett, Adam Jones, Bradley Davies, Ian Evans, Ryan Jones, Sam warburton, Toby Faletau.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:37 pm 

muffstuffa wrote:

Lee Halfpenny ,George North, Jon Davies, Jamie Roberts, Alex Cuthbert, Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips.
Rhys Gill, Hugh Bennett, Adam Jones, Bradley Davies, Ian Evans, Ryan Jones, Sam warburton, Toby Faletau.

Good team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:44 pm 

A pumped up Stephen Jones looking to sign off in style might be good

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:47 pm 

muffstuffa wrote:

Not bad, slightly worried about the locks, tugboat and how Gill will get on. Hopefully Bennet will have a good day with the arrers too. If all these things are at least average then we have a chance, I think our backs are more than enough.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:49 pm 

muffstuffa wrote:

Ireland by 15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:51 pm 

c69 wrote:
muffstuffa wrote:

Ireland by 15

Pussy. Wales by 10.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:51 pm 

muffstuffa wrote:

Full strength backline and a pack that is arguably stronger without some of the injured players. This is as good as it gets for the Welsh.

Ireland by 20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:56 pm 

coal wrote:

Just dont ask him to take a drop goal for you :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:14 pm 

:proud:
redrebel wrote:
coal wrote:

Just dont ask him to take a drop goal for you :roll:

:(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:52 pm 

Quote:
1. Gill
2. Bennett
3. Jones
4. Davies
5. Evans
6. Jones
7. Warburton
8. Faletau

9. Phillips
10. Priestland
11. North
12. Jaw
13. Jiffy Jnr
14. Cuthbert
15. 1/2p

Don't understand the Jiffy Jnr Jaw partnership tbh.
Have I missed something? Isn't it still shite.

I expect even if picked that Priestaland and Jaw will come down with an injury in the Warmup and we will have some Stephen Jones and Hook abortion in midfield.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:25 pm 

Harry08 wrote:
Quote:
1. Gill
2. Bennett
3. Jones
4. Davies
5. Evans
6. Jones
7. Warburton
8. Faletau

9. Phillips
10. Priestland
11. North
12. Jaw
13. Jiffy Jnr
14. Cuthbert
15. 1/2p

Don't understand the Jiffy Jnr Jaw partnership tbh.
Have I missed something? Isn't it still shite.

I expect even if picked that Priestaland and Jaw will come down with an injury in the Warmup and we will have some Stephen Jones and Hook abortion in midfield.

REFRY my friend even for you that is way too pessimistic :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:29 pm 

Welsh rugby doesn't deserve optimism C69. Be as pessimistic as possible and you might actually get a tiny tiny bit of happiness out of it - accidentally of course..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 pm 

Harry08 wrote:
Welsh rugby doesn't deserve optimism C69. Be as pessimistic as possible and you might actually get a tiny tiny bit of happiness out of it - accidentally of course..

fudge, you are right. I was really pessimistic before the RWC and look how that turned out :o
I love you REFRY never stop letting the Bastards grind you down into the dirt. The only way then is upwards and onwards :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:36 pm 

Who the fudge is Cuthbert?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 pm 

c69 wrote:
Harry08 wrote:

fudge, you are right. I was really pessimistic before the RWC and look how that turned out :o
I love you REFRY never stop letting the Bastards grind you down into the dirt. The only way then is upwards and onwards :thumbup:

:D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 pm 

Flack wrote:

Big Fast Try scoring machine for the Blues, has played for Wales 7's team I think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:41 pm 

c69 wrote:
Flack wrote:

Big Fast Try scoring machine for the Blues, has played for Wales 7's team I think.

The white George North.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:43 pm 

c69 wrote:
Flack wrote:

I'll tell you what mate, I'm almost more interested in watching the game on Sunday than Eng v Scots.

It's going to be a rabid...er interesting match to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:52 pm 

Curve takes a dramatic turn upwards.

That backline is very sharp. And no James Hook! Rejoice!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:09 pm 

Flack wrote:
c69 wrote:
Flack wrote:

I'll tell you what mate, I'm almost more interested in watching the game on Sunday than Eng v Scots.

Added edge of a few in comming players wanting to press for places, for Wales I fear losing 4 out of our best Front 5 will be the big factor and Lydiate and Roberts will be a massive blow as well. I really hope they pick Gill he will add abit of nastiness to the pack.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:59 pm 

Flack wrote:

Think Banahan, only quicker and clumsier.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:38 pm 

That team will do for me, and with the glaring mistake of earls all 12 st of him, kidney is doing his best to help us

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 pm 

Glanmor'sGhost wrote:
Flack wrote:

Think Banahan, only quicker and clumsier.

Is that possible?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:40 pm 

Cuthbert 6ft 6in and weighs a metric ton and fast our new breed of monster backs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:40 pm 

c69 wrote:
Flack wrote:
c69 wrote:
Flack wrote:

Added edge of a few in comming players wanting to press for places, for Wales I fear losing 4 out of our best Front 5 will be the big factor and Lydiate and Roberts will be a massive blow as well. I really hope they pick Gill he will add abit of nastiness to the pack.

No, I'm sorry. Far too much rugby knowledge in that reply. My brain has died.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:26 pm 

Clive wrote:
Cuthbert 6ft 6in and weighs a metric ton and fast our new breed of monster backs.

Oh good. And is it too late for Vainikolo to qualify by residency ? :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 587  Next