Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:44 am 

swc wrote:
booji boy wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Interested to see how Plummer goes tonight. Although his goal kicking was atrocious last week I thought his general play was good and probably the best performance we've seen from a Blues 1st five this year. That was against a pretty average Chiefs team of course. Will be interesting to see how he goes against a much better, well organised Crusaders team.

Well his goal kicking was Ok this week but his general play was ... well not great.

He was shit, and has been pretty shit most of the season. He should’ve been hooked way earlier than he was. Why the fudge can’t the blues region not develop a decent first five? Just unbelievable

This Blues fixation on our 1st five is silly. Even King Carlos was shit in the years the Blues were shit i.e. 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 and 2005.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:49 am 

booji boy wrote:
swc wrote:
booji boy wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Interested to see how Plummer goes tonight. Although his goal kicking was atrocious last week I thought his general play was good and probably the best performance we've seen from a Blues 1st five this year. That was against a pretty average Chiefs team of course. Will be interesting to see how he goes against a much better, well organised Crusaders team.

Well his goal kicking was Ok this week but his general play was ... well not great.

He was shit, and has been pretty shit most of the season. He should’ve been hooked way earlier than he was. Why the fudge can’t the blues region not develop a decent first five? Just unbelievable

This Blues fixation on our 1st five is silly. Even King Carlos was shit in the years the Blues were shit i.e. 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 and 2005.

What’s silly about it? You can’t win the comp without a world class or minimum, close to world class first five

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:50 am 

The blues have a few more problems than just the first five...

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:51 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:

No shit Sherlock :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:56 am 

swc wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:

You looked like you needed reminding.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:33 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:
swc wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:

You looked like you needed reminding.

No I don’t I just sat through that with hope before kickoff, rapidly turning to despair, then hope with 20 to go as we got a roll on and despair as Hodgman gave the most dumbass penalty possible & we don’t even get a bonus point

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:42 pm 

I would like to comment on a tradesmanlike effort by Harry Plumber.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:35 pm 

3/4s through my recording and I've never heard/noticed before this animated group of Sadist fans singing Mr Brightside during a Richie kick before...is this a new thing?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:18 pm 

Happy with any win against a NZ team. Especially given all the distractions this week and the fact that we travelled back from SA and onluy arrived back home on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:37 pm 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Happy with any win against a NZ team. Especially given all the distractions this week and the fact that we travelled back from SA and onluy arrived back home on Tuesday.

‘We’? Which role do you hold with the Crusaders franchise? Comfort girl?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:17 pm 

Crash_12 wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

I’m guessing your name must be du Preez?

Crazy Ed wrote:
Good game we just needed more points from early dominance but its not over yet

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90065&hilit=We&start=120

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:58 pm 

swc wrote:
booji boy wrote:

What’s silly about it? You can’t win the comp without a world class or minimum, close to world class first five

Well not every franchise can have the incumbent All Black First Five. Although in this day and age I suppose there are usually 3 first fives in the All Blacks wider selection group. Right now that would have to be Barrett, Mounga and the young Ioane from the Highlanders. So the Blues and Chiefs get the leftovers.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:51 pm 

naki wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Crazy Ed wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:04 pm 

naki wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Crazy Ed wrote:

Very interested in the Crash_12=Crazy Ed bizzo started by the usual suspect Naki.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:05 pm 

As for Akira, the commentators said he was anonymous. I'm waiting for Ali to report back...

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:28 pm 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
3/4s through my recording and I've never heard/noticed before this animated group of Sadist fans singing Mr Brightside during a Richie kick before...is this a new thing?

Yeah, I noticed that too.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:39 pm 

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
naki wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Crazy Ed wrote:

Very interested in the Crash_12=Crazy Ed bizzo started by the usual suspect Naki.

Oh shit! :shock: :blush:

DELETE DELETE DELETE

apologies to both gentlemen, I quoted the wrong Cra

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:15 pm 

Onya crusaders......ugly win in unpleasent conditions. Eight point margin should have been thirteen, and possibly fifteen. Definitely a high tackle above the shoulder. Hang in there Leon....

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:23 pm 

Here Naki, use this one

Crash_12 wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
fatcat wrote:
Can't get the Aus/Wal game - how come Wales are leading, have Aus put out their U14 side?

We've got a significantly better defence and a better kicking game (no doubt a big part of the coached tactics). We've been able to keep Oz in front of us with relative ease all game, and we've got Ieuan's boy knocking over penalties from the half way.

We also managed to score one sexy try, and that's the story of the game (so far).

Both scores were pretty good.

We were very sharp on defence, executed the basics very well and our kicking game forced Australia’s back three to be constantly wary of a deep kick from turnover ball. We did however concede 15+ penalties although the breakdown was a scruffy lottery.

Australia’s basic skills were awful and they probably should have attempted 3 points more often. Their 10 couldn’t control the game at all, hesitant at best.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:56 pm 

I knew I should have left the we-ing to Mr Mike

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:05 pm 

I think the combined efforts of Mike and Naki are something we can all be proud of. We’ve come through this well.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:09 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
I think the combined efforts of Mike and Naki are something we can all be proud of. We’ve come through this well.

👬

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:14 pm 

guy smiley wrote:

#wetoo

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:34 am 

MrMike - too be honest I think your carrying Naki.

Which by all accounts is some feat...

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:16 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
I've just watched it several more times (Live pause and rewind is great) and I would have called it high. Always above the shoulder line.

But those are the breaks and no real damage done thankfully.

That'll do me too. Taufua off for Ethan Blackadder

The injustice of it! :roll:

FFS.

??

Just a bit if gentle ribbing. I thought it was looking like you lot were accepting victimhood a tad too readily, FOG. :P

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:02 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

#wetoo

#weareus

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:30 am 

I haven't seen much of Super Rugby lately as the quality is pretty poor but I saw pretty much the whole of this game. The Blues are pretty crap- they panic every time they get into the opposition 22, more often than not, they drop the Ball, which is always the sign of a crap team. They made lots of simple errors and they lack belief. The only positive change I saw from them from the last time I saw them was the defence was better because previously they were plain lazy with their line speed and organisation.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:31 am 

Crazy Ed wrote:
749a wrote:
Law book is pretty clear on these ones. Ref just making stuff up

Law9.13 - A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously. Dangerous tackling includes, but is not limited to, tackling or attempting to tackle an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders

I think there is a special directive on head contact as well luckily 2 SA refs will be ready to step up to replace this plum next week.

I was hoping Whitelock was going to say “are you certain you have made the correct decision - you don’t want to be stood down do you?”

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:43 am 

Ted. wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
I've just watched it several more times (Live pause and rewind is great) and I would have called it high. Always above the shoulder line.

But those are the breaks and no real damage done thankfully.

FFS.

??

Just a bit if gentle ribbing. I thought it was looking like you lot were accepting victimhood a tad too readily, FOG. :P

Well I do need to get the most out of the armband I ordered for last week's game.

(And I did think the call was wrong, but that often happens with tackle calls where players are falling into the tackle)

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:22 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

FFS.

??

Well I do need to get the most out of the armband I ordered for last week's game.

(And I did think the call was wrong, but that often happens with tackle calls where players are falling into the tackle)

I can't disagree with you there. :nod:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:34 am 

:thumbup: :)

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:55 am 

Waka Nathan wrote:
An abysmal game where the Crusaders allowed themselves to be dragged down to the level of the hapless Blues.
Yeah pretty much.

And the worst part is the oaf-faced gits will probably be pleased with themselves for not leaking 50+ like last season.

The whole match was a total drag and the Blues were so shit the Cantabs shouldve fucken lapped them.

For the Blues, the Cantabs 22 was like sort of magical garden enclosure that they had the pamphlet for but couldnt find and were too embarrassed to ask for directions

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:15 am 

The Boooo-lose need to find a better 10 than plummer, what they are really lacking is an enterprising 10 than can ignite the backline, black, Perofeta and plummer have been crap..its sad when Old Man maa'a seemed to be the one playing 10 most of that game..teh blues need a real 10, not someone whose balls haven't dropped, as someone mentioned, even carlos was crap most of his career but when he had a super backline in 2003, he was godlike ..u have maa, rieko, TJ, nanai, collins clarke and trainor, its the best backs they have had in a while.. get a decent 10 dammit..our local 10's seem to be better than whatever the fuck u guys have

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:36 pm 

comets wrote:
The Boooo-lose need to find a better 10 than plummer, what they are really lacking is an enterprising 10 than can ignite the backline, black, Perofeta and plummer have been crap..its sad when Old Man maa'a seemed to be the one playing 10 most of that game..teh blues need a real 10, not someone whose balls haven't dropped, as someone mentioned, even carlos was crap most of his career but when he had a super backline in 2003, he was godlike ..u have maa, rieko, TJ, nanai, collins clarke and trainor, its the best backs they have had in a while.. get a decent 10 dammit..our local 10's seem to be better than whatever the fuck u guys have

You asking the blues management to evaluate talent? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:35 pm 

comets wrote:

Erm ... I was referring to the fact that even King Carlos, a very good first five, played like rubbish in the years the Blues were a dysfunctional rabble. 1996-98 under Henry awesome. 1999 under Jed Rowlands awful. 2000-02 Under Sloane, poor. 2003 with Henry involved again, awesome. 2004-05. Poor.

Nothing to do with the 'super backline' he had in 2003. He had most of the same backline in 2004 minus Caucau but they still regressed into a dysfunctional rabble as the season progressed. So the point I was making was that one player can't make that much difference if the whole team is a disorganized mess as the Blues have tended to be outside the glory years with Henry coaching.

And Carlos isn't the only decent first five we've had. Isa Nacewa was an awesome player for Auckland but his presence didn't make the Blues a force to be reckoned with. One player, however key, can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5