Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:50 am 

I think this game will be won up front. The North Island sides always shun the engine room in favour of the razzle dazzle.

It continues to bite them on the arse. They're some of the slowest learners on the planet.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:54 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
I'm going to watch Akira Ioane very closely. I will report back to this thread with a thorough review of his performance.

I always look forward to your twice a season reviews of your cuz Akira and then the conclusions you extrapolate from that. I'll watch your boy Taufua and Star Douglas as they should dominate given how much less work they've had this year comparatively. ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:57 am 

jdogscoop wrote:
I think this game will be won up front. The North Island sides always shun the engine room in favour of the razzle dazzle.

It continues to bite them on the arse. They're some of the slowest learners on the planet.

Can you wider Cantabrians get your stories straight, AC's been telling us all year that the cut price Canes pack smashed the Crusaders mostly AB pack in their first game and it was the flashy backs that were the difference.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:04 am 

UncleFB wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:

Can you wider Cantabrians get your stories straight, AC's been telling us all year that the cut price Canes pack smashed the Crusaders mostly AB pack in their first game and it was the flashy backs that were the difference.

Jdog is right, historically the North Island teams have favoured x factor attacking play over hard graft. That's why the three North Island teams have only won a combined six titles, compared to the South Island's ten, despite having 33% more teams.

However this year the Crusaders pack has been relatively weak. This is due to form, NZR's ridiculous All Black player management program and a massive injury list. The Canes pack did outplay the Crusaders forwards earlier in the year, and it was only the class and quality of the Crusaders backline that secured them victory.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:07 am 

UncleFB wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
I'm going to watch Akira Ioane very closely. I will report back to this thread with a thorough review of his performance.

I always look forward to your twice a season reviews of your cuz Akira and then the conclusions you extrapolate from that. I'll watch your boy Taufua and Star Douglas as they should dominate given how much less work they've had this year comparatively. ;)

The reality is that Akira Ioane has consistently underwhelmed against the Crusaders. If he hit more rucks and started less fights, perhaps he'd play better against us?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:14 am 

UncleFB wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:

The 'Saders pack has underwhelmed all season, for various reasons mainly centred on a lack of consistency at the selection table. Enforced rests have had an effect along with injuries.

So the Hurricanes showed up with a decent pack which was stronger than the Saders and failed to capitalise due to their obsession with back line razzle dazzle and flaky first fives.

Basically, they showed up with a Rolls Royce pack and tried feeding out from the boot on a wet paddock.

There is Beauden Barrett in a nutshell folks. He's the arse end of a Rolls Royce in mud.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:45 am 

guy smiley wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:

The 'Saders pack has underwhelmed all season, for various reasons mainly centred on a lack of consistency at the selection table. Enforced rests have had an effect along with injuries.

So the Hurricanes showed up with a decent pack which was stronger than the Saders and failed to capitalise due to their obsession with back line razzle dazzle and flaky first fives.

Basically, they showed up with a Rolls Royce pack and tried feeding out from the boot on a wet paddock.

There is Beauden Barrett in a nutshell folks. He's the arse end of a Rolls Royce in mud.

The Blues first-fives are more tactically astute than Beauden Barrett. They would back themselves with the platform he has been given this season.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:22 am 

JB1981 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:

The Blues first-fives are more tactically astute than Beauden Barrett. They would back themselves with the platform he has been given this season.

My God the Crusaders bullshit artists are out in force today, building nicely and timing their run perfectly to peak come playoff time.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:28 am 

eh? I'm playing a long game. I've got my eye on October.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:30 am 

jdogscoop wrote:

Aren't you a Higlanders fan? One paltry title to show versus the Blues 3, the Chiefs 2 and the Hurricanes 1 despite all that old fashion focus on the engine room up front? A meager return for all that forward dominance.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:31 am 

guy smiley wrote:
eh? I'm playing a long game. I've got my eye on October.

:lol: Oh well fair enough then. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:48 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

The reality is that Akira Ioane has consistently underwhelmed against the Crusaders. If he hit more rucks and started less fights, perhaps he'd play better against us?

I love it when you expose yourself as full of shit - Akira was one of the best on the park in the previous game this season, where the mighty AB laden defending champion Crusaders only just won by 2 points over the perenial strugglers the Blues.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:50 am 

Interested to see how Plummer goes tonight. Although his goal kicking was atrocious last week I thought his general play was good and probably the best performance we've seen from a Blues 1st five this year. That was against a pretty average Chiefs team of course. Will be interesting to see how he goes against a much better, well organised Crusaders team.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:54 am 

guy smiley wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:

Seriously you guys are all over the shop on this - I'm confused if the AB laden pack is actually good or not. ;)

Is this the worst civil war amongst Cantabrians since Hanson/Henry/McCaw/Carter v Deans, AC is a triple agent I think?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:58 am 

The Blues always get good attacking ball but lack the composure in the final 10-15 meters to make it count. I hope they also learn to just kick for points when it is there and stop forcing that 3 kick to touch for a maul or 4 scrum down and just take the bloody points.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:03 am 

Deadtigers wrote:
The Blues always get good attacking ball but lack the composure in the final 10-15 meters to make it count. I hope they also learn to just kick for points when it is there and stop forcing that 3 kick to touch for a maul or 4 scrum down and just take the bloody points.

Most teams are doing it these days but they generally make it count. However South African teams like the Sharks have shown you can still win matches taking the 3. With a flaky goal kicker like Plummer the Blues should definitely take the 3 when it's a sitter right in front of the sticks. Maybe kick for the corner when it's wider or further out.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:07 am 

Uh-oh.

https://twitter.com/RobertvanRoyen/stat ... 8515491840

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:20 am 

Reminds me of my favourite Paul Simon song

FOGs rolling in from the Avon river bank,
Like a shroud,
It covers Manchester Street,
Bridge’s limp wrist was indiscreet,
Hides Mo’unga’s molesting rap sheet ...

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:57 am 

It has been foggy here today. Fog this morning then glorious sunshine over for much of the day, but the fog was rolling back in early evening.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:03 am 

If it's anywhere near as bad as it was on Thursday evening they will have to set the ball alight to see it

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:12 am 

Looks fairly clear in the coverage feed.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:16 am 

if its nothing liek that 2006 final, no one cares lol

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:36 am 

Perfect conditions :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:37 am 

Frantic beginning :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:39 am 

Havili seems untackleable.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:42 am 

Truck n trailer anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:45 am 

68% ?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:53 am 

Bloos losing the kicking.

Oops!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:55 am 

Try to imagine for a second that power to the microphones was cut.

Just... bear with me here.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 am 

and a lovely try that just does the heart good

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:57 am 

Crusaders taking penalty kicks instead of going for the try.

6 - 0 Saders.

Except for as I'm typing! Lovely try.

13 - 0 Saders.

Nice subtlety from Mo'unga.

Try Saders, off a very dumb advantage by the Bloos.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:00 am 

Is that music being played over the PA during the kick?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:01 am 

Was that one of the Super Mario brothers filming the scrum set?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 am 

These scrum feeds :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:03 am 

Ted. wrote:

I wasn't paying attention, but it wouldn't surprise me. Stadium managers seem so intent on making going to the game exciting that they often forget what the point is.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:04 am 

The ref is seeing a different game. Not saying he's wrong but he needs to be even in his adjudication. :?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:05 am 

Anyone have a feed for this please.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:06 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Ted. wrote:

I wasn't paying attention, but it wouldn't surprise me. Stadium managers seem so intent on making going to the game exciting that they often forget what the point is.

I could be wrong but it sounded like some chant to put the kicker off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next