Planet Rugby Forum
https://forum.planetrugby.com/

Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:35
https://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90200
Page 1 of 5

Author:  Ali's Choice [ Mon May 20, 2019 8:04 am ]
Post subject:  Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:35

WHERE:

Christchurch, New Zealand
Image

Image

VENUE:

AMI Stadium, Christchurch
Image

WHEN:

Saturday 25th May

KICK OFF:

19:35 - Local
17:35 – Sydney
09:30 – Jo’burg

TITLES WON:

Crusaders - 9
Blues - 3

OFFICIALS:

Referee Mike Fraser
AR1 Brendon Pickerill
AR2 Glen Jackson
TMO Aaron Paterson

TEAMS:

Image

15. David Havili
14. Sevu Reece
13. Jack Goodhue
12. Ryan Crotty
11. George Bridge
10. Richie Mo'unga
9. Bryn Hall

8. Whetu Douglas
7. Matt Todd
6. Jordan Taufua
5. Sam Whitelock (captain)
4. Scott Barrett
3. Michael Alaalatoa
2. Andrew Makalio
1. Joe Moody

Reserves:

16. Brodie McAlister
17. Isileli Tu'ungafasi
18. George Bower
19. Luke Romano
20. Ethan Blackadder
21. Mitchell Drummond
22. Mitch Hunt
23. Braydon Ennor

Image

15. Melani Nanai
14. Caleb Clarke
13. TJ Faiane
12. Ma'a Nonu
11. Rieko Ioane
10. Harry Plummer
9. Jonathan Ruru

8. Akira Ioane,
7. Blake Gibson (co-capt)
6. Tom Robinson
5. Scott Scrafton
4. Patrick Tuipulotu (co-capt)
3. Ofa Tu'ungafasi
2. Leni Apisa
1. Alex Hodgman

Reserves:

16. James Parsons
17. Marcel Renata
18. Lua Li
19. Gerard Cowley-Tuioti
20. Hoskins Sotutu
21. Augustine Pulu
22. Otere Black
23. Levi Aumua.

Author:  Ali's Choice [ Mon May 20, 2019 8:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

I'm looking forward to the Crusaders getting back on home soil and putting those crooked hometown match officials behind them. They really were pathetic.

The Blues were really impressive last week against the Chiefs, and the Crusaders are going to have to dig deep after travelling all the way from SA.

Author:  Sards [ Mon May 20, 2019 8:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Ref: Marius Jonker
Social media liaison: Marius Jonker.

Author:  Wilderbeast [ Mon May 20, 2019 8:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Blues should've beaten the Crusaders in the first round. Imo, they've been the only team to seriously threaten beating the Crusaders when the saders weren't trying to lose the game themselves. Really hoping they front for this.

Author:  The Native [ Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Ali's Choice wrote:
I'm looking forward to the Crusaders getting back on home soil and putting those crooked hometown match officials behind them. They really were pathetic.

The Blues were really impressive last week against the Chiefs, and the Crusaders are going to have to dig deep after travelling all the way from SA.

The Blues were not impressive at all. They were the less poor of both teams and benefited from some poor officiating.

Author:  Ali's Choice [ Mon May 20, 2019 8:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

The Native wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
I'm looking forward to the Crusaders getting back on home soil and putting those crooked hometown match officials behind them. They really were pathetic.

The Blues were really impressive last week against the Chiefs, and the Crusaders are going to have to dig deep after travelling all the way from SA.

The Blues were not impressive at all. They were the less poor of both teams and benefited from some poor officiating.


Any win in the NZ conference is hard-fought and commendable. It's such a hard conference. The Crusaders will be fatigued, having flown all the way from Cape Town this week. That means a short week of preparation and plenty of jetlag.

Author:  Kiwias [ Mon May 20, 2019 9:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

At the top of the must watch matches this round. I'm seriously worried about this one.

Author:  Ali's Choice [ Mon May 20, 2019 9:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Are the Blues resting Reiko Ioane?

Author:  comets [ Mon May 20, 2019 9:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Reece v Ioane, now thats a matchup to see if Reece is good enuf for the black jersey

Author:  JPNZ [ Mon May 20, 2019 10:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

AC for the OP. It’s Sat 25th May. 7.35pm

:thumbup:

This match worries me too. Blues on a high, crusaders travel weary and fatigued.

Forecast is clear & dry too

Author:  Auckman [ Mon May 20, 2019 1:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Kiwias wrote:
At the top of the must watch matches this round. I'm seriously worried about this one.

oh stop it. :lol: You know your boys will roll over the top of the penalty magnets when they flick the switch.

Our best chance (as always) is to catch the Saders at the beginning of the season. Blues don't have a prayer later in the year.

Author:  obelixtim [ Mon May 20, 2019 2:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Ali's Choice wrote:
The Native wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
I'm looking forward to the Crusaders getting back on home soil and putting those crooked hometown match officials behind them. They really were pathetic.

The Blues were really impressive last week against the Chiefs, and the Crusaders are going to have to dig deep after travelling all the way from SA.

The Blues were not impressive at all. They were the less poor of both teams and benefited from some poor officiating.


Any win in the NZ conference is hard-fought and commendable. It's such a hard conference. The Crusaders will be fatigued, having flown all the way from Cape Town this week. That means a short week of preparation and plenty of jetlag.


Pathetic line of bullshit excuses.

Author:  Ali's Choice [ Tue May 21, 2019 9:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Will be interesting to see if all these off-field allegations against the Crusaders impact the team for this game. It cannot be ideal for preparation. I hope these are all just nefarious allegations, I'd be very disappointed if the family-friendly culture of the Crusaders has declined to the extent that they are now causing trouble with members of the public when they are out in socialising as a team.

Author:  Harden up!!! [ Tue May 21, 2019 9:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Come on blues, someone please prove AC right for once, besides the waratahs.

Author:  Jensrsa [ Tue May 21, 2019 9:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Referee Mike Fraser
AR1 Brendon Pickerill
AR2 Glen Jackson
TMO Aaron Paterson

Author:  swc [ Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Genuinely thinks Blues can nick this....but I say that every week :lol: but I actually do believe it :?

Carn’ Mighty Blues. Can jag this one we are real chance of finals footy

Author:  booji boy [ Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Ali's Choice wrote:
Will be interesting to see if all these off-field allegations against the Crusaders impact the team for this game. It cannot be ideal for preparation. I hope these are all just nefarious allegations, I'd be very disappointed if the family-friendly culture of the Crusaders has declined to the extent that they are now causing trouble with members of the public when they are out in socialising as a team.


I believe a one week ban for the entire starting 15 is the only appropriate sanction for the Crusaders shameful actions whilst visiting Cape Town as ambassadors of NZ rugby.

Author:  Auckman [ Tue May 21, 2019 10:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

booji boy wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Will be interesting to see if all these off-field allegations against the Crusaders impact the team for this game. It cannot be ideal for preparation. I hope these are all just nefarious allegations, I'd be very disappointed if the family-friendly culture of the Crusaders has declined to the extent that they are now causing trouble with members of the public when they are out in socialising as a team.


I believe a one week ban for the entire starting 15 is the only appropriate sanction for the Crusaders shameful actions whilst visiting Cape Town as ambassadors of NZ rugby.


:nod: :lol:

Author:  comets [ Tue May 21, 2019 11:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

if those 3 or 4 playes get ar est this week, how wil teh backline be?

9. Hall
10. Hunt
11. Ennor
12. Crotty
13. Hoodhue
14. Fa'ainganuku
15. Reece

Ennor and reece can interchange on wings/fullback... with Punivai and cameron on the bench

Author:  True Blue [ Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

swc wrote:
Genuinely thinks Blues can nick this....but I say that every week :lol: but I actually do believe it :?

Carn’ Mighty Blues. Can jag this one we are real chance of finals footy


Of course the Blues can win it. They're not very good, but they're not Sunwolves useless. The problem is they won't win it because they lack discipline and leadership. Nothing wrong with their skills overall.

Author:  Harden up!!! [ Wed May 22, 2019 1:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

True Blue wrote:
swc wrote:
Genuinely thinks Blues can nick this....but I say that every week :lol: but I actually do believe it :?

Carn’ Mighty Blues. Can jag this one we are real chance of finals footy


Of course the Blues can win it. They're not very good, but they're not Sunwolves useless. The problem is they won't win it because they lack discipline and leadership. Nothing wrong with their skills overall.


Trying to coach the blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdbORXEmbnk


They wrack discipline!!!

Author:  Wilderbeast [ Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

What’s up with Jordan’s injury?

Author:  comets [ Wed May 22, 2019 2:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Wilderbeast wrote:
What’s up with Jordan’s injury?


out for the season, ankle i think so 2 of their strike weapons, manasa and will gone.. whose next?

Author:  JPNZ [ Wed May 22, 2019 4:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

comets wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
What’s up with Jordan’s injury?


out for the season, ankle i think so 2 of their strike weapons, manasa and will gone.. whose next?


Robertson said Jordan is out for another 4 weeks, he should be ready come Quarters or Semis

50/50 chance Moody will be back for the Blues game this week too

Author:  JPNZ [ Thu May 23, 2019 4:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Blues named

BLUES:
Melani Nanai,
Caleb Clarke,
TJ Faiane,
Ma'a Nonu,
Rieko Ioane,
Harry Plummer,
Jonathan Ruru;
Akira Ioane,
Blake Gibson (co-capt),
Tom Robinson,
Scott Scrafton,
Patrick Tuipulotu (co-capt),
Ofa Tu'ungafasi,
Leni Apisai,
Alex Hodgman.

Reserves: James Parsons, Marcel Renata, Lua Li, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Hoskins Sotutu, Augustine Pulu, Otere Black, Levi Aumua.

Author:  JPNZ [ Thu May 23, 2019 5:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Crusaders Named:

15. David Havili
14. Sevu Reece
13. Jack Goodhue
12. Ryan Crotty
11. George Bridge
10. Richie Mo'unga
9. Bryn Hall

8. Whetu Douglas
7. Matt Todd
6. Jordan Taufua
5. Sam Whitelock (captain)
4. Scott Barrett
3. Michael Alaalatoa
2. Andrew Makalio
1. Joe Moody

Reserves:

16. Brodie McAlister
17. Isileli Tu'ungafasi
18. George Bower
19. Luke Romano
20. Ethan Blackadder
21. Mitchell Drummond
22. Mitch Hunt
23. Braydon Ennor

Author:  JPNZ [ Thu May 23, 2019 5:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Strong teams for both sides, Kieran Read is on AB's enforced rest.

Great to see Moody back, should help the scrum immensely

Author:  JPNZ [ Thu May 23, 2019 5:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

God damn it Taylor is out for 4 weeks

Quote:
Don't expect the Crusaders to field their All Blacks front row anytime soon. Overshadowed by the independent investigation hanging over some Crusaders players, hooker Codie Taylor fractured the index finger on his right-hand against the Stormers last weekend. A Crusaders spokeswoman confirmed to Stuff that Taylor was expected to be sidelined for about four weeks, meaning he won't feature again during the Super Rugby regular season. Following games against the Blues (home), Chiefs (away) and Rebels (home), the Crusaders have a bye in the final round of the regular season. They are guaranteed to host a quarterfinal the following week.

That's the earliest Taylor can be expected to return. Whether or not he will line up next to fellow All Blacks Joe Moody and Owen Franks remains to be seen. The three are yet to start together this season, largely due to injuries, but also in part to All Blacks enforced rest weeks. It was hoped Franks, who has been sidelined since injuring his right-shoulder on April 6, would be ready to return against the Chiefs in Suva next weekend. However, Crusaders coach Scott Robertson on Thursday confirmed it might be too soon, meaning he might only get one run - against the Rebels - before the playoffs. All Black loosehead Tim Perry, who busted his arm in round one against the Blues, is also a small chance to return against the Rebels.

Author:  booji boy [ Thu May 23, 2019 6:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Since the much hoped for ban for their key starters hasn't eventuated I'm picking the Crusaders by 20, or plenty.

Author:  comets [ Thu May 23, 2019 6:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

the matchup we have been waiting for since Reiko/Naholo was won cleanly by Reiko..reiko has the height advantage.....and thats about it...reece has the smartness, the speed, the power..

3 fijians on blues 23 for the first time in like 16 years, 2 on saders.. hmmm

Author:  Harden up!!! [ Thu May 23, 2019 6:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

comets wrote:
the matchup we have been waiting for since Reiko/Naholo was won cleanly by Reiko..reiko has the height advantage.....and thats about it...reece has the smartness, the speed, the power..


the better players inside him.

Author:  Ali's Choice [ Sat May 25, 2019 1:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

It's been a very unsettled week for the Crusaders, given all the hoopla that arose from their post-Stormers evening out in Cape Town. I really hope that they are able to focus on the match, and put in a great performance. The Blues aren't one of the tournament's elite teams yet, but they've been slowly improving throughout the season and if the Crusaders aren't playing at their best then the Blues are good enough to win.

Author:  Fat Old Git [ Sat May 25, 2019 1:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Looking forward to this. Will be the first game I've been able to watch in real time for a while. Life and other people's priorities keep getting in the way.

Author:  booji boy [ Sat May 25, 2019 2:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Ali's Choice wrote:
It's been a very unsettled week for the Crusaders, given all the hoopla that arose from their post-Stormers evening out in Cape Town. I really hope that they are able to focus on the match, and put in a great performance. The Blues aren't one of the tournament's elite teams yet, but they've been slowly improving throughout the season and if the Crusaders aren't playing at their best then the Blues are good enough to win.


The Blues might stay with the Crusaders for a while and hold on to the ball for prolonged periods but over the course of 80 minutes the Crusaders will be far too composed and they will come away with a comfortable win.

Author:  Ali's Choice [ Sat May 25, 2019 2:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

I'm going to watch Akira Ioane very closely. I will report back to this thread with a thorough review of his performance.

Author:  JB1981 [ Sat May 25, 2019 2:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

This is a great chance for the Blues. The distractions for the Crusaders hopefully galvanise them but for Bridge and Mo'unga in particular, there's a risk of them trying too hard or not being in the right headspace (look at Aaron Smith's return from the Snecky step). The Blues have been close before and I'm hoping the Crusaders put in a performance worthy of a discussion about the rugby.

Author:  JB1981 [ Sat May 25, 2019 3:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

Ali's Choice wrote:
I'm going to watch Akira Ioane very closely. I will report back to this thread with a thorough review of his performance.

We need an amateur boxing style score count tracking the number of rucks hit.

Author:  booji boy [ Sat May 25, 2019 3:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

JB1981 wrote:
This is a great chance for the Blues. The distractions for the Crusaders hopefully galvanise them but for Bridge and Mo'unga in particular, there's a risk of them trying too hard or not being in the right headspace (look at Aaron Smith's return from the Snecky step). The Blues have been close before and I'm hoping the Crusaders put in a performance worthy of a discussion about the rugby.


I don't think you can compare Bridge and Moungas antics with Smith's shenanigans.

Author:  JB1981 [ Sat May 25, 2019 3:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

booji boy wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
This is a great chance for the Blues. The distractions for the Crusaders hopefully galvanise them but for Bridge and Mo'unga in particular, there's a risk of them trying too hard or not being in the right headspace (look at Aaron Smith's return from the Snecky step). The Blues have been close before and I'm hoping the Crusaders put in a performance worthy of a discussion about the rugby.


I don't think you can compare Bridge and Moungas antics with Smith's shenanigans.

I was thinking of the attention, not what they did. Although, on second thought that's fair, while there has been the public/media attention, neither Bridge or Mo'unga will have faced the grilling at home Smith will have gone through.

Author:  Fat Old Git [ Sat May 25, 2019 3:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Chch Sat 25th May 19:3

That's fair though as at this stage there is almost zero evidence of any actual wrong doing.

Page 1 of 5 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/