Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7330
Location: อีสาน
Two best teams in the Pro 14. It should be a game.
Leinster by 10. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:15 am
Posts: 148
paddyor wrote:
Why isn't this being held at Ibrox?


Pitch is way too small. The 7s being held there during the commonwealth games involved removal of the pitchside advertising and a ton of work building up the area behind the goals to same level as the pitch. And IRB dispensation due to the dimensions even after that


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 pm
Posts: 2262
Quote:
LEINSTER RUGBY (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (209)
14. Jordan Larmour (38)
13. Garry Ringrose (64)
12. Robbie Henshaw (36)
11. James Lowe (29)
10. Johnny Sexton (159) CAPTAIN
9. Luke McGrath (112)
1. Cian Healy (207)
2. Seán Cronin (172)
3. Tadhg Furlong (101)
4. Scott Fardy (43)
5. James Ryan (30)
6. Rhys Ruddock (160)
7. Josh van der Flier (72)
8. Jack Conan (88)

16. Bryan Byrne (41)
17. Ed Byrne (44)
18. Andrew Porter (52)
19. Ross Molony (81)
20. Max Deegan (45)
21. Nick McCarthy (35)
22. Ross Byrne (70)
23. Rory O’Loughlin (61)


Quote:
Glasgow Warriors team to play Leinster in the Guinness PRO14 Final, Celtic Park, Saturday 25 May
1. Jamie Bhatti (46)
2. Fraser Brown (89)
3. Zander Fagerson (80)
4. Scott Cummings (57)
5. Jonny Gray (102)
6. Rob Harley (211)
7. Callum Gibbins (C) (33)
8. Matt Fagerson (46)

9. Ali Price (76)
10. Adam Hastings (30)
11. DTH van der Merwe (114)
12. Sam Johnson (51)
13. Kyle Steyn (9)
14. Tommy Seymour (131)
15. Stuart Hogg (120)

Replacements

16. Grant Stewart (23)
17. Oli Kebble (31)
18. Siua Halnukonuka (30)
19. Ryan Wilson (153)
20. Tom Gordon (5)
21. George Horne (41)
22. Pete Horne (158)
23. Huw Jones (19)

Unavailable players: Bruce Flockhart (shoulder), Chris Fusaro (hamstring), Matt Smith (shoulder), Tim Swinson (ankle) and George Turner (head).



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8328
I think the 4 point spread is about right looking at the two squads named. The benches are fairly even.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1048
That's some disparity in the experiences of the front rows


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6769
Location: Middle of the Lothians
Still struggling to see the sense in scheduling this on the same day as the Scottish Cup Final. Glasgow is pretty mobbed on any given Saturday, never mind throwing 100000 sports fans into the mix. Good luck getting into a pub or finding transport to the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18108
Where’s Scottish rain man with the head to heads?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:33 am
Posts: 2216
paddyor wrote:
Where’s Scottish rain man with the head to heads?

I'm a very good driver...

Match preview and head to heads:

https://wp.me/p68WtH-8dM

Been back and forth on a number of these head to heads, particularly 14, 10 and all the back rows. Called it as I saw it but I'm sure there will be plenty of disagreement!

Huge test for Glasgow of how far they've come, taking on a team that they have never beaten in a knockout match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4070
Location: G W C
As a Jam Tarts supporter residing in Ireland I am confused as to who I am supposed to support??? Leo ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4070
Location: G W C
topofthemoon wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Where’s Scottish rain man with the head to heads?

I'm a very good driver...

Match preview and head to heads:

https://wp.me/p68WtH-8dM

Been back and forth on a number of these head to heads, particularly 14, 10 and all the back rows. Called it as I saw it but I'm sure there will be plenty of disagreement!

Huge test for Glasgow of how far they've come, taking on a team that they have never beaten in a knockout match.


Hastings is in better form than Sexbomb in 2019


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:33 am
Posts: 2216
Bogbunny wrote:
topofthemoon wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Where’s Scottish rain man with the head to heads?

I'm a very good driver...

Match preview and head to heads:

https://wp.me/p68WtH-8dM

Been back and forth on a number of these head to heads, particularly 14, 10 and all the back rows. Called it as I saw it but I'm sure there will be plenty of disagreement!

Huge test for Glasgow of how far they've come, taking on a team that they have never beaten in a knockout match.


Hastings is in better form than Sexbomb in 2019

That's where I was heading but I reigned myself in. The occasion has to be a bit of a factor though. Sexton's been through this time and time again whereas it's all new for Hastings. If the Glasgow 10 reacts positively though he's the guy that could really unlock the Leinster defence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8328
topofthemoon wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Where’s Scottish rain man with the head to heads?

I'm a very good driver...

Match preview and head to heads:

https://wp.me/p68WtH-8dM

Been back and forth on a number of these head to heads, particularly 14, 10 and all the back rows. Called it as I saw it but I'm sure there will be plenty of disagreement!

Huge test for Glasgow of how far they've come, taking on a team that they have never beaten in a knockout match.


The head to heads are gas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 9478
is niko broken?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8249
When you see that Leinster backline it always surprises me they play such a relatively dull game plan. Same could be said of Munster and Ireland I guess


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33704
slick wrote:
When you see that Leinster backline it always surprises me they play such a relatively dull game plan. Same could be said of Munster and Ireland I guess


Leinster play suffocating, (mostly) winning rugby. They can shift it but only when they want to. Most of the game is spent controlling the ball. The only Irish province who play an exciting brand of rugby is Connacht. I take your point in general and it’s why you’ll see a lot of people on the Irish rugby thread really interested in U20’s international rugby and schools rugby - where teams don’t have each other so well worked out, and they tend to play the game more as it is supposed to be played


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8249
Duff Paddy wrote:
slick wrote:
When you see that Leinster backline it always surprises me they play such a relatively dull game plan. Same could be said of Munster and Ireland I guess


Leinster play suffocating, (mostly) winning rugby. They can shift it but only when they want to. Most of the game is spent controlling the ball. The only Irish province who play an exciting brand of rugby is Connacht. I take your point in general and it’s why you’ll see a lot of people on the Irish rugby thread really interested in U20’s international rugby and schools rugby - where teams don’t have each other so well worked out, and they tend to play the game more as it is supposed to be played


True, it’s difficult to criticise when they win, that’s all that matters at the end of the day. But also a shame that the talent that is obviously there doesn’t get more of a showing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33704
slick wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
slick wrote:
When you see that Leinster backline it always surprises me they play such a relatively dull game plan. Same could be said of Munster and Ireland I guess


Leinster play suffocating, (mostly) winning rugby. They can shift it but only when they want to. Most of the game is spent controlling the ball. The only Irish province who play an exciting brand of rugby is Connacht. I take your point in general and it’s why you’ll see a lot of people on the Irish rugby thread really interested in U20’s international rugby and schools rugby - where teams don’t have each other so well worked out, and they tend to play the game more as it is supposed to be played


True, it’s difficult to criticise when they win, that’s all that matters at the end of the day. But also a shame that the talent that is obviously there doesn’t get more of a showing

Well I can’t argue with that


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7615
Location: Over the hills and far away...
Just 15 minutes till kick off.

Looks like we're all really up for this match ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 15007
That welsh birds voice
She sounds a bit slow


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:19 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29470
Leinster by 10


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 am
Posts: 567
Any links please? My friend said his usual source has nothing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37623
Location: Dublin
Winnie wrote:
That welsh birds voice
She sounds a bit slow


:lol:

Why did you marry a Welsh woman ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 am
Posts: 567
iarmhiman wrote:
Winnie wrote:
That welsh birds voice
She sounds a bit slow


:lol:

Why did you marry a Welsh woman ?


Makes sense. I've a thing against Cark people and guess where the missus is from :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 15007
iarmhiman wrote:
Winnie wrote:
That welsh birds voice
She sounds a bit slow


:lol:

Why did you marry a Welsh woman ?

She doesnt sound welsh thank god


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7330
Location: อีสาน
Anyone got a link for this?

Please?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37623
Location: Dublin
Zico wrote:
Anyone got a link for this?

Please?

Are TG4 showing the game?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37221
Location: Pigdogistan
https://www.vipleague.bz/glasgow-warrio ... ing-link-1

vipleague pretty much always have a link.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33704
What’s the attendance /kovana


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33704
What the fudge was that from Sexton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33704
3 kicks from sexton so far - big contrast to sarries - but two of the three were crap


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33704
Cracking start


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33704
5 kicks from sexton in 4 minutes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8550
Christ almighty we can't kick loosely like that against Hogg.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33704
Brilliant game so far


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 15007
Great hands from Conan there


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7615
Location: Over the hills and far away...
Duff Paddy wrote:
Brilliant game so far


Well, let's say there's a real pace and intensity to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33704
Looks like heavy rain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 96
Decent start.
They just mentioned over 40,000 on eir sports.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37221
Location: Pigdogistan
Duff Paddy wrote:
5 kicks from sexton in 4 minutes

Both teams are kicking a lot, but most have been decent. It's not brains meaningless kick tennis.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33704
Booing the kicker... it worked. Strange kick looked to change direction mid flight


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dark, EverReady, forrester, Gavin Duffy, jambanja, JB1981, Madness, Mullet 2, Podge, rfurlong, Snooze, Sonny Blount, Ted. and 75 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group