The Culture Wars Mega Thread

All things Rugby
6.Jones

Re: The Culture Wars Mega Thread

Post by 6.Jones »

Santa wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:36 am Here's an interesting one.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/202 ... 619170002/

Jack Dorsey has donated $10m to the American University Centre for Race Grifting, which was started by Ibram X. Kendi.
And what does old Ibram believe, I hear you ask?

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2 ... amendment/
To fix the original sin of racism, Americans should pass an anti-racist amendment to the U.S. Constitution that enshrines two guiding anti-racist principals: Racial inequity is evidence of racist policy and the different racial groups are equals. The amendment would make unconstitutional racial inequity over a certain threshold, as well as racist ideas by public officials (with “racist ideas” and “public official” clearly defined). It would establish and permanently fund the Department of Anti-racism (DOA) comprised of formally trained experts on racism and no political appointees. The DOA would be responsible for preclearing all local, state and federal public policies to ensure they won’t yield racial inequity, monitor those policies, investigate private racist policies when racial inequity surfaces, and monitor public officials for expressions of racist ideas. The DOA would be empowered with disciplinary tools to wield over and against policymakers and public officials who do not voluntarily change their racist policy and ideas.
So a politically appointed Department with veto power over all lawmaking in the United States.

Well done, Jack.
Except for there being no political appointees and it having only disciplinary powers, that's right.
Still a numb idea though.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

What's being described there is a court. If racism was unconstitutional then the existing justice system should be able to handle it. Good luck with that America.
Santa

Post by Santa »

6.Jones wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:21 pm

Jack Dorsey has donated $10m to the American University Centre for Race Grifting, which was started by Ibram X. Kendi.

To fix the original sin of racism, Americans should pass an anti-racist amendment to the U.S. Constitution that enshrines two guiding anti-racist principals: Racial inequity is evidence of racist policy and the different racial groups are equals. The amendment would make unconstitutional racial inequity over a certain threshold, as well as racist ideas by public officials (with “racist ideas” and “public official” clearly defined). It would establish and permanently fund the Department of Anti-racism (DOA) comprised of formally trained experts on racism and no political appointees. The DOA would be responsible for preclearing all local, state and federal public policies to ensure they won’t yield racial inequity, monitor those policies, investigate private racist policies when racial inequity surfaces, and monitor public officials for expressions of racist ideas. The DOA would be empowered with disciplinary tools to wield over and against policymakers and public officials who do not voluntarily change their racist policy and ideas.
So a politically appointed Department with veto power over all lawmaking in the United States.

Well done, Jack.
Except for there being no political appointees and it having only disciplinary powers, that's right.
Still a numb idea though.
Yeah. No political appointees :lol:

Disciplinary powers? :lol: Its not a veto because it doesn't say veto it just acts exactly like one.

Nice curtailment of First Amendment rights too.

It also helps if you understand the concept of racism that lies behind all of this bollocks.

Speaking of which, from one of the leaders of the UK's main cultural institutions...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... -creation/
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

6.Jones wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:24 pm What's being described there is a court. If racism was unconstitutional then the existing justice system should be able to handle it. Good luck with that America.
A court could do it, yes. But what is being described is the equivalent of an Office of Best Practice Regulation overseeing a regulatory impact statement / regulatory benefits test / public benefits test regime with a focus on racism.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

MungoMan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:42 pm
6.Jones wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:24 pm What's being described there is a court. If racism was unconstitutional then the existing justice system should be able to handle it. Good luck with that America.
A court could do it, yes. But what is being described is the equivalent of an Office of Best Practice Regulation overseeing a regulatory impact statement / regulatory benefits test / public benefits test regime with a focus on racism.
Yes, you're right. It's a regulator.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Well done, Jack.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Here is a very interesting piece by Black academic John McWhorter.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... om/615724/
Our national reckoning on race has brought to the fore a loose but committed assemblage of people given to the idea that social justice must be pursued via attempts to banish from the public sphere, as much as possible, all opinions that they interpret as insufficiently opposed to power differentials. Valid intellectual and artistic endeavor must hold the battle against white supremacy front and center, white people are to identify and expunge their complicity in this white supremacy with the assumption that this task can never be completed, and statements questioning this program constitute a form of “violence” that merits shaming and expulsion.

Skeptics have labeled this undertaking “cancel culture,” which of late has occasioned a pushback from its representatives. The goal, they suggest, is less to eliminate all signs of a person’s existence—which tends to be impractical anyway— than to supplement critique with punishment of some kind. Thus a group of linguists in July submitted to the Linguistic Society of America a petition not only to criticize the linguist and psychologist Steven Pinker for views they considered racist and sexist, but to have him stripped of his Linguistic Society of America fellow status and removed from the organization’s website listing linguist consultants available to the media. An indication of how deeply this frame of mind has penetrated many of our movers and shakers is that they tend to see this punishment clause as self-evidently just, as opposed to the novel, censorious addendum that it is.

Another defense of sorts has been to claim that even this cancel-culture lite is not dangerous, because it has no real effect. When, for instance, 153 intellectuals signed an open letter in Harper’s arguing for the value of free speech (I was one of them), we were told that we were comfortable bigwigs chafing at mere criticism, as if all that has been happening is certain people being taken to task, as opposed to being shamed and stripped of honors.

To the extent that the new progressives acknowledge that some prominent people have been unfairly tarred—including the food columnist Alison Roman, the data analyst David Shor, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art senior curator Gary Garrels—they often insist that these are mere one-off detours rather than symptoms of a general cultural sea change.

For example, in July I tweeted that I (as well as my Bloggingheads sparring partner Glenn Loury) have been receiving missives since May almost daily from professors living in constant fear for their career because their opinions are incompatible with the current woke playbook. Then various people insisted that I was, essentially, lying; they simply do not believe that anyone remotely reasonable has anything to worry about.

However, hard evidence points to a different reality. This year, the Heterodox Academy conducted an internal member survey of 445 academics. “Imagine expressing your views about a controversial issue while at work, at a time when faculty, staff, and/or other colleagues were present. To what extent would you worry about the following consequences?” To the hypothetical “My reputation would be tarnished,” 32.68 percent answered “very concerned” and 27.27 percent answered “extremely concerned.” To the hypothetical “My career would be hurt,” 24.75 percent answered “very concerned” and 28.68 percent answered “extremely concerned.” In other words, more than half the respondents consider expressing views beyond a certain consensus in an academic setting quite dangerous to their career trajectory.

So no one should feign surprise or disbelief that academics write to me with great frequency to share their anxieties. In a three-week period early this summer, I counted some 150 of these messages. And what they reveal is a very rational culture of fear among those who dissent, even slightly, with the tenets of the woke left.

The degree of sheer worry among the people writing to me is poignant, and not just among nontenured faculty. (They write to me privately, and for that reason I will not share names.) One professor notes, “Even with tenure and authority, I worry that students could file spurious Title IX complaints … or that students could boycott me or remove me as Chair.” I have no reason to suppose that he is being dramatic, because exactly this, he says, happened to his predecessor.

A statistics professor says:

I routinely discuss the fallacy of assuming that disparity implies discrimination, which is just a specific way of confusing correlation for causality. Frankly, I'm now somewhat afraid to broach these topics … since according to the new faith, disparity actually is conclusive evidence of discrimination.
Luckily nobody on this website would fall for such an obvious fallacy eh 4071?

The new mood has even reached medieval studies; an assistant professor reports having recently just survived an attack by a cadre of scholars who are “unspeakably mean and disingenuous once they have you in their sights,” regularly “mounting PR campaigns to get academics and grad students fired, removed from programs, expelled from scholarly groups, or simply to cease speaking.”

Being nonwhite leaves one protected in this environment only to the extent that one toes the ideological line. An assistant professor of color who cannot quite get with the program writes, “At the moment, I’m more anxious about this problem than anything else in my career,” noting that “the truth is that over the last few years, this new norm of intolerance and cult of social justice has marginalized me more than all racism I have ever faced in my life.”

The charges levied against many of these professors are rooted in a fanatical worldview, one devoted to spraying for any utterances possibly interpretable as “supremacist,” although the accusers sincerely think they have access to higher wisdom. A white professor read a passage from an interview with a well-known Black public intellectual who mentions the rap group NWA, and because few of the students knew of the group’s work at this late date, the professor parenthetically noted what the initials stand for. None of the Black students batted an eye, according to my correspondent, but a few white students demanded a humiliating public apology.

This episode represents a pattern in the letters, wherein it is white students who are “woker” than their Black classmates, neatly demonstrating the degree to which this new religion is more about virtue signaling than social justice. From the same well is this same professor finding that the gay men in his class had no problem with his assigning a book with a gay slur in its title, a layered, ironic title for a book taking issue with traditional concepts of masculinity—but that a group of straight white women did, and reported him to his superiors.

Overall I found it alarming how many of the letters sound as if they were written from Stalinist Russia or Maoist China. Interesting choice of words... A history professor reports that at his school, the administration is seriously considering setting up an anonymous reporting system for students and professors to report “bias” that they have perceived. One professor committed the sin of “privileging the white male perspective” in giving a lecture on the philosophy of one of the Founding Fathers, even though Frederick Douglass sang that Founder’s praises. The administration tried to make him sit in a “listening circle,” in which his job was to stay silent while students explained how he had hurt them—in other words, a 21st-century-American version of a struggle session straight out of the Cultural Revolution.

The result is academics living out loud only in whispers. A creative-writing instructor:

The majority of my fellow instructors and staff constantly self-censor themselves in fear of being fired for expressing the “wrong opinions.” It’s gotten to the point where many are too terrified to even like or retweet a tweet, lest it lead to some kind of disciplinary measure … They are supporters of free speech, scientific data, and healthy debate, but they are too fearful today to publicly declare such support. However, they’ll tell it to a sympathetic ear in the back corner booth of a quiet bar after two or three pints. These ideas have been reduced to lurking in the shadows now.

Some will process this as a kind of whining, supposing that all we should really be concerned about is whether people are outright dismissed. However, elsewhere a hostile work environment is considered a breach of civil rights, and as one correspondent wrote, “It isn’t just fear of firing that motivates professors and grad students to be quiet. It is a desire to have friends, to be part of a community. This is a fundamental part of human psychology. Indeed, experiments examining the effects of ostracism highlight what a powerful existential threat it is to be ignored, excluded, or rejected. This has been documented at the neurological level. Ostracism is a form of social death. It is a very potent threat.”

Especially sad is the extent to which this new Maoism can dilute the richness of a curriculum and discourage people from becoming professors at all. One professor has stopped teaching James Baldwin’s “Going to Meet the Man” after Black students claimed that it forced them to “re-live intergenerational trauma.” I have heard from not one but two philosophy doctorates who left academia. One explained that he was driven out by the “accelerating creep of what felt to me a pretty stifling orthodoxy. The hiring market was dominated by a concern for diversity statements, the ability to teach fairly ideologically-slanted courses on philosophy and critical race theory or philosophy and gender, etc.; and more generally it felt progressively less like a profession where I could opt out of those trends while still being a competitive job applicant.”

Very few of the people who wrote to me are of conservative political orientation. Rather, a main thread in the missives is people left-of-center wondering why, suddenly, to be anything but radical is to be treated as a retrograde heretic. Thus the issue is not the age-old one of left against right, but what one letter writer calls the “circular firing squad” of the left: It is now no longer “Why aren’t you on the left?” but “How dare you not be as left as we are.”

To some, the evidence of Heterodox Academy’s member survey plus my correspondents will still qualify as mere “anecdata”—after all, both groups are self-selecting—such that only a long-term academic study carefully interviewing at length a good 3,000 professors and submitting their responses to statistical analysis would qualify as empirically compelling. But let’s face it: Half a dozen reports of teachers grading Black students more harshly than white students would be accepted by many as demonstrating a stain on our entire national fabric. These 150 missives stand as an articulate demonstration of something general—and deeply disturbing—as well.
As I see it the possible responses to this are:
1. That McWhorter is not thinking like a black man when he writes this and we should listen to DT instead, who is a real black man.
2. He is lying.
3. He is deluded and I, despite not being an academic in the US, know more about the situation than he does.
4. He might be on to something and I, who have denied the existence of cancel culture, might actually be wrong about something.
5. He is right.

But even if he is right I think most of us will agree that the benefits of freedom of speech should be sacrificed at the altar of racial and social justice, so this should just carry on. :thumbup:
Santa

Post by Santa »

USC Professor placed on leave for saying AN N-word that sounds like THE N-word but isn't in fact THE N-word in a lecture.

Counselling is available for the affected students.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/usc ... cial-slur/
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Santa wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:01 pm USC Professor placed on leave for saying AN N-word that sounds like THE N-word but isn't in fact THE N-word in a lecture.

Are they counselling the Chinese students ?
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

Santa wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:01 pm USC Professor placed on leave for saying AN N-word that sounds like THE N-word but isn't in fact THE N-word in a lecture.

Prof clearly needed to be niggardly with how he uses his words!
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Nieghorn wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:13 pm

Prof clearly needed to be niggardly with how he uses his words!
I sniggered reading that
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Woman admits to pretending to be black for years after being found out . Looking forward to 4071s take on this

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/20 ... years.html
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

I remember the first time I spoke to a group with a live translator in Shanghai, that repeated word was a genuine WTF moment.
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

My black buddy was always suspicious when we worked around Chinese people and we'd hear them conversationally dropping 'Ummm... ahhh...'
那个
Santa

Post by Santa »

Harvey2.0 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:24 am Woman admits to pretending to be black for years after being found out . Looking forward to 4071s take on this

That poor woman is completely troppo.
C69

Post by C69 »

Santa wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:23 am
Harvey2.0 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:24 am Woman admits to pretending to be black for years after being found out . Looking forward to 4071s take on this

Pmsl
Santa

Post by Santa »

https://quillette.com/2020/09/01/the-de ... l-culture/

Some very interesting research results.
On August 3rd, Remi Adekoya, Tom Simpson and I released a 120-page Policy Exchange report on Academic Freedom in the UK. The report received bipartisan support. On the Left, Ruth Smeeth, an ex-Labour member of Parliament, wrote the foreword and Ruth Kelly, another former Labour MP, backed the report. Lord Sumption, a former Supreme Court judge, and Trevor Phillips, an ex-Equalities czar, rounded out the list of those writing endorsements.

A range of broadsheets from across the political spectrum, from the Telegraph and Times to the Guardian, had good things to say about it, noting the significant level of political bias in academia in which left- and right-wing academics discriminate against each other at relatively similar rates.

The glaring outlier to the positive coverage was the academic activist Left, who laid down a barrage of fire on Twitter in an attempt to divert attention from the unmistakeable story jumping out of the data. New evidence I have collected since replicates precisely the same pattern. Before addressing the critics, however, let’s revisit the findings.
The report was based on a survey of 820 current and retired academics and found as follows:

No-platforming and attempts to “cancel” academics through dismissal campaigns are rising but rare. Their threat to academic freedom comes largely from their chilling effects on academics who might consider challenging orthodoxy. As a result, the few conservative or gender-critical scholars writing on race, gender, and sexuality tend to stay well away from progressive red lines to avoid challenging sacred progressive values.

Political discrimination is a much bigger problem for academic freedom than no-platforming. One in three academics in the survey said they would discriminate against someone who supported the Leave side in the 2016 EU Referendum when hiring for a position, rising to nearly four in 10 among active social sciences and humanities (SSH) scholars. Just 38 percent of academics would feel comfortable sitting next to a gender-critical scholar at lunch.

Having said this, these findings also reveal considerable tolerance: Two in three academics, including a majority of leftists, would not politically discriminate against a Leaver.

Academics don’t discriminate more than other educated professionals, and the Right discriminates as much as the Left, but the fact the Left outnumbers the Right 6:1 (9:1 among current SSH staff) means that conservatives and Leavers experience a far higher discriminatory effect than the left-liberal majority. On a four-person hiring panel, a Leaver faces an 80 percent chance of discrimination.

There is also social pressure. Just half of academics would feel comfortable sitting next to a Leaver, though there is also intra-progressive friction: Only half of centrist Labour, Lib Dem, and Green academics are comfortable sitting next to a supporter of the leftist ex-Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn (by contrast 95 percent of “very left” Labour academics feel comfortable doing so).

Conservative, Leave-supporting, and gender-critical feminist scholars are highly aware of this climate of political discrimination. For instance, a third of conservative academics, rising to a half among conservative SSH academics currently in post, say they self-censor out of concern for their careers. Among leftist academics, the most commonly-stated reason for self-censoring was fear of running afoul of orthodoxy on trans issues.

One in two right-leaning academics say there is a hostile climate for their beliefs in their department (the share is less than half as large among the far Left). Only 18 percent of Leave-supporting academics say a Leaver would be comfortable expressing their Brexit views to colleagues, and most of their Remain colleagues concur: Just three in 10 SSH Remain academics say a Leaver would be comfortable expressing their views to colleagues.

The result of these chilling effects is that conservative and gender-critical researchers conceal their views and write papers which, by staying within the bounds set by progressives, allow them to get published, win grants and be hired. As a US study of the content of legal scholarship showed, registered Republican academics act prudently by concealing their beliefs, researching uncontroversial topics or sticking to technocratic opinions, while progressive scholars openly espouse their beliefs in their work. Cass Sunstein adds that non-career motivations, such as enjoying a cordial relationship with colleagues and a pleasant workplace, also reinforce conformity in organisations. The result, in the social sciences and humanities, is that difficult questions don’t get asked and orthodoxy goes unchallenged, damaging the scientific enterprise.

While we have shown in a previous report that there is little evidence of academics influencing the political views of their students, and while discrimination by lecturers against conservative students is not a serious problem, the prevailing leftward slant of academia makes it less likely that academics will challenge the ideological conformity that currently exists among students in SSH disciplines.

Most academics, including left academics, do not support campaigns to cancel dissenting academics. We tested five hypothetical scenarios involving controversial research touching on questions of empire, family, diversity, and immigration, and found that only about one in 10 academics backed any given dismissal campaign. Overall, most left-wing academics don’t support cancelling controversial scholars. Intolerant leftists really are a minority on campus.

Universities are not in a position to solve the problem on their own. Whereas threats to liberalism typically emerge from the state, there are different scenarios in which the state needs to step in to protect individual liberty—from mobs, illiberal pressure groups, or corrupt institutions. The radical intersectional Left is partly based inside universities, among activist faculty and students. They can call on added support online to coordinate Twitter mobbings, open letters, formal complaints to universities, and protests agitating for academics to be fired or no-platformed. Inside the university, the leftward skew of opinion means that few are willing to speak up against progressive activists.

This allows radicals to leverage the progressive moral code, wielding influence far beyond their numbers. Since chilling effects fall on a minority of less than 10 percent of scholars, most staff and students don’t see a problem. Like anti-black discrimination on southern US campuses in the early 1960s, the pressure is felt by a minority, and the university cannot, or will not, defend them. In these cases, we argued in our paper, the government must intervene to compel universities to protect the liberty of persecuted individuals.
It’s always possible that our results could be in the five percent tail of unrepresentative studies that arise by chance. Perhaps academics aren’t to the left of the population and don’t politically discriminate. Maybe there is no hostile climate for conservatives. The problem is that study after study is telling us otherwise. In fact, there isn’t a single survey going in the other direction. This is bad news for our critics. Since our report was released, I have undertaken a further set of studies, one of UK-based professionals outside academia, another of North American academics. The results, along with those of previous studies, are presented in Table 1.

The Table shows the three prior studies, followed by ours (with separate columns for all academics and current social science/humanities academics), and the two new surveys I’ve fielded. The final column contrasts the academic surveys with a sample of degree-holding non-academics in full-time jobs.

The share of academics who lean left is between 71 and 83 percent across the first six columns, with just 4–16 percent conservative. The share of faculty who openly admit they would discriminate against a right-leaning grant application ranges between 18 and 35 percent, depending in part on variations in the number of response categories. Our UK data are well within this range. In all studies, a majority or near-majority of right-leaning academics experience a hostile climate for their beliefs in their workplace. To claim otherwise, without evidence, is pure fantasy.

Let’s take a closer look at my recent survey of North American social science and humanities (SSH) academics which replicated the Policy Exchange/YouGov questions. As an opt-in survey, it has less of a claim to representativeness, but its findings comport with those of other studies. The concealed method shows that 42 percent of this sample of North American SSH academics would discriminate against a Trump supporter for a job, slightly above the 37 percent of active UK SSH academics that our Policy Exchange study revealed would discriminate against a Leaver for a job. Nineteen percent of the North American sample openly admit they would discriminate against a right-leaning grant application, not far off the 24 per cent of active UK SSH academics that said they would do so.

78 percent of Trump-supporting SSH academics in North America said they experienced a hostile climate for their beliefs, higher than the still-substantial 50 percent for Leave-supporters we uncovered for the UK. Finally, just 15 percent of North American academics said a Trump supporter would be comfortable expressing this belief to a colleague while 88 percent felt a Biden supporter would. This 15–88 ratio compares to a somewhat more modest 30–86 ratio among UK SSH academics for an equivalent question about whether Leavers and Remainers would feel comfortable expressing their beliefs to colleagues. While anti-conservative discrimination and hostility appear somewhat higher in North America, the broad trends reinforce those we find for the UK.

All told, these studies tell a consistent story in which political discrimination strongly impacts conservatives, creating a hostile climate for their beliefs. Imagine denying results like these if five consecutive studies reported that one in three academics would discriminate against a black applicant, or that half of women reported a hostile climate against them in their department.
Probably wrong and you lot know better. The challenge is to find the one calculation error or spelling mistake that invalidates the whole thing. I'm sure you guys can do it. If you lack the energy just say it's from the wrong website and is therefore wrong. So I have done most of the work for you now have at it.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Most of you idiots won't get the significance of this but it is a big move and Trump is clearly drawing the battle lines by doing it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ace-theory

Christopher Rufo has been tracking several cases where this kind of training has gone waaaaay over the line. It has become, frankly, evil. Again this FACT will be rejected by most on here.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Her Bio:

I did laugh at this when I saw it. Especially the fact she has lectured and written against white people freezing black people out and not ebing legit black studies and similar.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Santa wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:15 am Most of you idiots won't get the significance of this but it is a big move and Trump is clearly drawing the battle lines by doing it.

Christopher Rufo has been tracking several cases where this kind of training has gone waaaaay over the line. It has become, frankly, evil. Again this FACT will be rejected by most on here.
:thumbup:
C69

Post by C69 »

:frown:
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:42 am

Her Bio:

I did laugh at this when I saw it. Especially the fact she has lectured and written against white people freezing black people out and not ebing legit black studies and similar.
It's absolutely hilarious tbh. How to alienate your self from the Black and White and Jewish Communities :lol:
Not that I am sure there are such homogeneous Communities tbh.
She deserves all the mocking and trolling she gets.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Santa wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:15 am Most of you idiots won't get the significance of this but it is a big move and Trump is clearly drawing the battle lines by doing it.

WOW
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

4017 wont be happy, not one bit.
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

C69 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:48 am :frown:

Her Bio:

It's absolutely hilarious tbh. How to alienate your self from the Black and White and Jewish Communities :lol:
Here's a couple more for your enjoyment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... story.html

And my favourite, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody
Santa

Post by Santa »

Harvey2.0 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:28 am

Her Bio:

Is she the one that wrote In Defence of Looting or is she a different one?

4071 get your next set of arguments from this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Defense-Lootin ... oot&sr=8-1
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Santa wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:43 am
Harvey2.0 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:28 am

Her Bio:

Is she the one that wrote In Defence of Looting or is she a different one?

4071 get your next set of arguments from this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Defense-Lootin ... oot&sr=8-1
Vicky Osterweil is transgender, not sure about trans racial .

Elizabeth Warren should be added to the list of trans racial people too.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Another rich, white academic pretending to be black:

https://medium.com/@polite_keppel_dinos ... c41fe32110

Glenn Greenwald poinst out how it's funny how when these white people pretend to be black, they are really aggressive about constantly claiming to being victimized by racism. It's like a fetish these days.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Harvey2.0 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Elizabeth Warren should be added to the list of trans racial people too.
Ulsters Red Hand

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Netflix getting some heat for their latest film and rightfully so, disgusting, and claim it's "social commentary". WTF like.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:39 pm Netflix getting some heat for their latest film and rightfully so, disgusting, and claim it's "social commentary". WTF like.
They are all disgusting. Disney's moral lectures on one hand and thanking genocides on the other, for example.
Jerome Manning

Post by Jerome Manning »

I just posted these thoughts on another forum. Would be interested in people ripping it to shreads and telling me I'm wrong - I hope I am.
Few things going on at the moment:

-Central banks in various countries printing money like it's Zimbabwe, leading to an artificial inflation in property and S&P 500 stock prices.
-Assortative mating creating a cognitive elite and a cognitive dunce underclass. Breakdown in societal trust and social norms. Wealth being transferred from unintelligent, impulsive people to intelligent, conscientious people. All through a discrepancy in decision making.
-Outsourcing of middle income jobs either to overseas or automation.

The result ain't gonna be flash.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Jerome Manning wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:56 am I just posted these thoughts on another forum. Would be interested in people ripping it to shreads and telling me I'm wrong - I hope I am.

-Central banks in various countries printing money like it's Zimbabwe, leading to an artificial inflation in property and S&P 500 stock prices.
-Assortative mating creating a cognitive elite and a cognitive dunce underclass. Breakdown in societal trust and social norms. Wealth being transferred from unintelligent, impulsive people to intelligent, conscientious people. All through a discrepancy in decision making.

All good things to discuss but beware people will call you a racist if you do so.
Jerome Manning

Post by Jerome Manning »

Santa wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:31 pm
Jerome Manning wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:56 am I just posted these thoughts on another forum. Would be interested in people ripping it to shreads and telling me I'm wrong - I hope I am.

All good things to discuss but beware people will call you a racist if you do so.
I didn't have race anywhere near my mind on the assortative mating point. I think you can take race completely off the table and the point still holds (we all know the phrase "white trash") - which is why Charles Murray focused on whites in 'Coming Apart'.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Jerome Manning wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:40 pm
Santa wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:31 pm

I didn't have race anywhere near my mind on the assortative mating point. I think you can take race completely off the table and the point still holds (we all know the phrase "white trash") - which is why Charles Murray focused on whites in 'Coming Apart'.
No. I'm just saying that's where you will be lumped.

Anyway, those three things are key ways that liberal globalist elites are entrenching their power and wealth at everyone else's expense. The whole race/identity politics angle is a strategy they have also used for the same purpose, to suppress the lower class whites who they hate, and to neuter conservative resistance, but it has gotten away from them.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

What artificial inflation in property prices is that? This argument about central banks inflating through monetary policy has been on going for a decade. Prices have risen and fell in that time in a lot of countries.

What’s the problem with assertive mating? It’s not new. Do you think there’s a place for govt in choosing people’s partners?

Typically the state redistributes the wealth the other way. Can you be more specific?

I think the idea that some jobs are worthy and others aren’t is all wrong. In surveys of factory workers in the 60s a majority had a dream of running a restaurant or cafe. Hard labour and shite conditions will do that to you. Are people still shiteing on about automation?

Not sure all of that is relevant to Senacas thread.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Ver funny

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... the-school
The Department of Education has informed Princeton University that it is under investigation following the school president's declaration that racism was "embedded" in the institution.

According to a letter the Department of Education sent to Princeton that was obtained by the Washington Examiner, such an admission from Eisgruber raises concerns that Princeton has been receiving tens of millions of dollars of federal funds in violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which declares that "no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

Saw a job posting yesterday I thought the regulars to this thread would 'enjoy'... private school in Vancouver looking for a Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, paying 90-100k a year. School only has about 500 students.

I've no issue with having a hard look at school policies and the curriculum to ensure there's no exclusion and there's more representation of various perspectives in the subject matter, but 100k per year for one person to lead this? I can't imagine how one would legitimately keep busy in this job. Surely you could just get some staff to form a working group and hash out a plan of action, get department heads to address curricular issues with their units. It's like they're taking cues from a big university's playbook where there isn't the closeness and cohesion they'll have. And most private schools now are incredibly diverse, with upwards of half international students, so I'd imagine they were already looking out for those kids needs (was very true in the two private schools I worked for). I can just see former colleagues of mine rolling their eyes at this, and even feeling insulted with the implication that they're not already doing their best for every individual.

In the job description:
A demonstrated passion for PK-12 education, and issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Proven ability to lead discourse around aspects of identity including but not limited to race, culture, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability
Understanding of current issues and discourse around Canadian indigenous peoples, including efforts to promote reconciliation, or a desire to learn and grow in this area
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate challenging conversations with students, faculty, and families
Jerome Manning

Post by Jerome Manning »

Confirmed: Auckland Grammar school a hotbed of filthy racism:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12367880
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

I just read this, and although it should warrant stunned disbeleif, unfortunately it seems more like "situation normal" these days.

What a disgrace. Hang your heads. The world's most preeminent evolutionary biologist silenced -- as apparently iron-aged voodoo trumps uncomfortable discussion about religion in places of reason and education these days.
Celebrated atheist Richard Dawkins was booked to address the College Historical Society (nicknamed the Hist) at Trinity College Dublin next year. But the society’s auditor has now announced that the invitation will be rescinded, citing Dawkins’ views on ‘Islam and sexual assault’.
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/09/2 ... KCiPCv042c