The Culture Wars Mega Thread

All things Rugby
eldanielfire

Re: The Culture Wars Mega Thread

Post by eldanielfire »

Harveys wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:00 pm

Nonsense, I have no religious learnings, schooling or membership and identify as atheist. That’s not to say I disregard all spiritual practice or concepts, far from it.
You honestly believe religions only served to explain the world when we didn’t know any better? That’s quite a limited but convenient view.
We now have secular “woke” religion. Somethings needed to fill the void and as far as ideology goes its flavour of the month.
I’m not defending religion, it deserves its criticism but so does the other end of the stick.
Ignorance is taking metaphor, analogy and myth as literal truth, sure, but so is setting out to disprove it.
Interesting take. Though I wouldn't exactly take disbelieving in religion's literal perspectives is the exact same thing or exact mirror image of literal takes on various religions. I often disagree with Mog's take on religion, where it is simply and obviously bollocks, often there is a reason why something is there, and it's clear people in good spiritual health are often happy, though those who are obsessed with rigid with dogmatic rules are often the opposite.

What's more it's difficult to totally discount any ones unique spiritual experiences. However I do accept Mog applies his religious opinions in a pretty indiscriminate way to all religions/spiritual beliefs as opposed to being some sort of bigot hiding behind criticism.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

The problem with religion is Religions. The ability of any idea to cause harm increase exponentially with the number of people who organise to promote it. Religions cause wars. Religion is simply a disagreement about the meaning of certain types of experience.
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

6.Jones wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:45 pm The problem with religion is Religions. The ability of any idea to cause harm increase exponentially with the number of people who organise to promote it. Religions cause wars. Religion is simply a disagreement about the meaning of certain types of experience.
Its really not though. If a woman is unfaithful, drag her to her father's doorstep and stone her to death. There's no codified secret regarding the meaning of experience in that. It is just not there.

Of course people find it in other passages, but that's notbthe intent. In no version of believing is the Abrahamic God talking in coded messages. Islam is explicitly not open to interpretation and although its not explicit in Christianity, I'm sure that's not the intent. The Abrahamic God is not a moderate.

Are there lessons to be learned in these old texts? Sure. But they're not divine and they are no more insightful than those found in Greek or Viking mythology. There are lessons in all of them if you willfully ignore the vast swaths of iron aged moral unthinking and pretened God is talking in code to say exactly what you already believe. There's better lessons to learned in reading ancient philosophy than religion.

Yes, they are valuable and interesting texts from an historical perspective and from the perspective of examining the human moral landscape as it evolved. But they don't offer any great insight or wisdom.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

6.Jones wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:45 pm The problem with religion is Religions. The ability of any idea to cause harm increase exponentially with the number of people who organise to promote it. Religions cause wars. Religion is simply a disagreement about the meaning of certain types of experience.

Religions rarely “cause” war. Religion mostly is used by states to have a war or more importantly recruit combatants....
Santa

Post by Santa »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Its really not though. If a woman is unfaithful, drag her to her father's doorstep and stone her to death. There's no codified secret regarding the meaning of experience in that. It is just not there.

Of course people find it in other passages, but that's notbthe intent. In no version of believing is the Abrahamic God talking in coded messages. Islam is explicitly not open to interpretation and although its not explicit in Christianity, I'm sure that's not the intent. The Abrahamic God is not a moderate.

Are there lessons to be learned in these old texts? Sure. But they're not divine and they are no more insightful than those found in Greek or Viking mythology. There are lessons in all of them if you willfully ignore the vast swaths of iron aged moral unthinking and pretened God is talking in code to say exactly what you already believe. There's better lessons to learned in reading ancient philosophy than religion.

Yes, they are valuable and interesting texts from an historical perspective and from the perspective of examining the human moral landscape as it evolved. But they don't offer any great insight or wisdom.
Ooh er Missus.
Mog The Almighty

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm

Religions rarely “cause” war. Religion mostly is used by states to have a war or more importantly recruit combatants....
Really? So when Muhammad the merchant heard God's word while meditating in a cave to go forth and spread Islam by the sword, proceeded to raise a huge army and do just that, and his followers (at least those who take the text as intended) continue to do exactly that, that's not religion causing war?

That's a rather explicit example, but you can still find it in the Crusades, and even in modern wars, especially in the middle east, concerning a certain strip of holy desert. I think you're treading a fine line between "justified" and "caused". I think it's a fair argument that if the religious belief justified the war, and indeed encouraged it, then it also "caused" it.
Santa

Post by Santa »

This is amusing. A letter calling for the revocation of Nikole Hannah-Jones' Pulitzer for the NYT 1619 Project.

Problems:
1. It is full of lies; and
2. Hannah-Jones and the NYT have engaged in stealth editing to change some of the most contentious claims and then claim that those claims were never made.

https://www.nas.org/blogs/article/pulit ... ones-prize

What are the chances this will be written off as... oh gods I can barely say it... racism!?!!!
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I see Laurence Fox has decided to bring the big time lulz to the culture wars https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... phile.html
New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

EverReady wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:05 pm I see Laurence Fox has decided to bring the big time lulz to the culture wars https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... phile.html
My main takeaway from that is Black History Month is now a thing in the UK.

If we're just going to copy every single thing the yanks do I'd like MLK day off work please.
Santa

Post by Santa »

New Guy 2 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:30 pm
EverReady wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:05 pm I see Laurence Fox has decided to bring the big time lulz to the culture wars https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... phile.html

If we're just going to copy every single thing the yanks do I'd like MLK day off work please.
My 6 year old daughter came home from school last week and told me what she'd learned about Rosa Parks. Apparently RS was a black woman who went on the bus and sat in a seat but it wasn't fair for the white person because that was their seat and it was against the rules.

Who am I to challenge the wisdom of our educators.
Salient

Post by Salient »

Santa wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:46 pm
New Guy 2 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:30 pm

My 6 year old daughter came home from school last week and told me what she'd learned about Rosa Parks. Apparently RS was a black woman who went on the bus and sat in a seat but it wasn't fair for the white person because that was their seat and it was against the rules.

Who am I to challenge the wisdom of our educators.
You don't live in South Park by chance do you?
Mog The Almighty

Just saw the new Trailer for Roald Dahl's "Witches" ... am I racist for being slightly annoyed that they've set in the USA and made the young boy and his Norwegian grandmother into black people from Alabama (or something)? Why do people have to continually f-ck with characters in movies to make them more "diverse"? I have absolutely not problem if it's a new character, or a not-very-famous story, but f-cking with classics, I just find that annoying.

I guess the author's own cultural heritage that he chose to include in the story doesn't really count for much. All white and Scandinavian and shit.

Mind you, for whatever reason, I had a bit of a problem with Daniel Craig being cast as James Bond (they could have at least died his hair brown and gave him brown contact lenses ffs) but no so much of a problem if Idris Elba got the role. Elba is such a stud he could pull it off.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:22 am Just saw the new Trailer for Roald Dahl's "Witches" ... am I racist for being slightly annoyed that they've set in the USA and made the young boy and his Norwegian grandmother into black people from Alabama (or something)? Why do people have to continually f-ck with characters in movies to make them more "diverse"? I have absolutely not problem if it's a new character, or a not-very-famous story, but f-cking with classics, I just find that annoying.

I guess the author's own cultural heritage that he chose to include in the story doesn't really count for much. All white and Scandinavian and shit.

Mind you, for whatever reason, I had a bit of a problem with Daniel Craig being cast as James Bond (they could have at least died his hair brown and gave him brown contact lenses ffs) but no so much of a problem if Idris Elba got the role. Elba is such a stud he could pull it off.
It's just an extension of Hollywood creative bankruptcy. They have always tried to milk franchaises and remakes and the Woke trend of race changing characters (a one way trend usually because of politics) is just the current way of studios doing it.

I'm personally more concerned that Anne Hathaway came over as just shite in the trailer and if you want a deep south remake of a Dahl book, why not do it properly and explore something different? It's not as if in USA/North American folklore in the deep south doesn't have it's own narratives, images and culture of magic that could be explored and used.

The best remakes that transplant a story into a different geography (say Scarface in the 1980s) usually just take the general concept, themes and plot and start from scratch exploring the culture and environment it is set in or even switches genre. Taking the Witches concept and not transporting it to New Orleans or Haiti is an obvious miss for a genuinely creative remake. That's where race/Geography swapping actually has creative merit as opposed to tokenism.
Mog The Almighty

eldanielfire wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:45 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:22 am Just saw the new Trailer for Roald Dahl's "Witches" ... am I racist for being slightly annoyed that they've set in the USA and made the young boy and his Norwegian grandmother into black people from Alabama (or something)? Why do people have to continually f-ck with characters in movies to make them more "diverse"? I have absolutely not problem if it's a new character, or a not-very-famous story, but f-cking with classics, I just find that annoying.

It's just an extension of Hollywood creative bankruptcy. They have always tried to milk franchaises and remakes and the Woke trend of race changing characters (a one way trend usually because of politics) is just the current way of studios doing it.

I'm personally more concerned that Anne Hathaway came over as just shite in the trailer and if you want a deep south remake of a Dahl book, why not do it properly and explore something different? It's not as if in USA/North American folklore in the deep south doesn't have it's own narratives, images and culture of magic that could be explored and used.

The best remakes that transplant a story into a different geography (say Scarface in the 1980s) usually just take the general concept, themes and plot and start from scratch exploring the culture and environment it is set in or even switches genre. Taking the Witches concept and not transporting it to New Orleans or Haiti is an obvious miss for a genuinely creative remake. That's where race/Geography swapping actually has creative merit as opposed to tokenism.
I totally agree and thought exactly the same thing. If they're going to do it, they should have gone balls-to-the-wall and it make it all voodoo and black magic and shit. Even better than that though ... just don't do it.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Ask Sakar and Owen Jones on how the left's Anti-Semitism problem was so hard on them :lol::

https://twitter.com/clarelouisekc/statu ... 0989445120
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

Yes, I agree.
Mog The Almighty

6.Jones wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:09 am

Yes, I agree.
I think you guys are splitting hairs. Caused/enabled, whatever.

Post by 4071 »

21 - a film based on the true story of a group of asian students counting cards in Vegas. All the characters in the film were played by white actors.

Batman - Ras Al Ghul, a middle eastern character, is played by a white actor

Pay it forward - in the book the main character is african American. In the film, he's played by Kevin Spacey

Last Airbender - all the main characters in the series are east asian. In the film they are white.

Prince of Persia - no Persians

Hunger Games - the main character in the book is explicitly described as non-white. And in the film was explicitly cast as white

Lone Ranger - Johnny Depp as Tonto

Ghost in the Shell - Japanese main character. Played by Scarlett Johansson

You could probably find a few dozen other examples. It's absolutely not one-way.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

4071 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:59 am

21 - a film based on the true story of a group of asian students counting cards in Vegas. All the characters in the film were played by white actors.

Batman - Ras Al Ghul, a middle eastern character, is played by a white actor

Pay it forward - in the book the main character is african American. In the film, he's played by Kevin Spacey

Last Airbender - all the main characters in the series are east asian. In the film they are white.

Prince of Persia - no Persians

Hunger Games - the main character in the book is explicitly described as non-white. And in the film was explicitly cast as white

Lone Ranger - Johnny Depp as Tonto

Ghost in the Shell - Japanese main character. Played by Scarlett Johansson

You could probably find a few dozen other examples. It's absolutely not one-way.
No one claims it is one way. Many of those old race swap roles (Depp as an Indian) where panned by everybody or are certainly not seen as good today (Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffanys)

BTW, The Hunger Games example is a stretch, the character is not described as explicitly not white, she has olive skin and dark eyes and the book cover originally showed a white girl as her, what's more as her sister is explicitly blonde. She is clearly a Caucasian character.

The Batman Ras Al Ghul example is a poor one. Other than he comes form the middle east and his title is Middle eastern his ethnic background has always been vague. He's never had his original name revealed nor his birth place or age, which varies from 400 years to a 1000 . He's origins have been ret-conned many times, even portraying him as a Chineseman who lived in Africa. Also it can be pointed out his daughter has been portrayed as having reddish-lightbrown hair to black but always looks white with green eyes.

The vagueness of who he is is what Batman Begins plays upon. In Nolan's ultra realistic, ultra grounded world, he isn't possibly a 600 years old because there are no super powers there. So we have a title of many characters. So the current incarnation is clearly one who claimed the title through many through the centuries and wanted Bruce Wayne to be the next one. In that regard it's a hard call to indicate a specific race swap there given it's just a title and the characters ethnic origins have never been either consistent or clear.

For some of the others, like Prince of Persia, the characters races aren't race swapped, the actors are clearly playing Persians as they are in the game. The Anime to Hollywood adaptations are also weird class, given Anime almost universally wipes out any visuals of Chinese look ethnicity. Sure it's a East Asian world they occupy but they sure aren't draw as east Asians. The exception being the big bad guys who are drawn with east asian style eyes. Likewise in Anime you often can't tell the difference between white and asian ethnicities anyway. But this is a weird trope of Manga and anime in Japan. Though in particular case of Avatar it was still a bad choice casting a white person in what is clearly a Chinese/Japanese fantasy world. Clearly as the film flopped big time. Strange still as it was an Indian American who helmed the film and allowed it. However as I pointed out todays stuff is just as bankrupt as it ever was, the way it's done is the current trend.

As for the rest, they are all basically old films and flops that everybody rejected anyway. I mean Depps casting was also slaughtered and rightfully so. Likewise there are cases where in the adaptation race doesn't matter. Morgan Freeman is perfect in the Shaw Shank Redemption despite the role being a red hair Irish man (largely because in some cases race isn't relevant) and his characters addition to the Robin Hood mythos in Kevin Costnar's adaptation actually makes narrative sense. Kevin Costner's Americans accent less so however.....
Mog The Almighty

I can see half a point there, but only half a one.

It's not as if they're taking characters set in the Bronx and putting them in Beverly Hills and making them all white a shit. For the most part, they're taking minor characters that nobody knows, most of whom are asian, and casting them for a non-asian audience. I can understand that. It's not at all the same thing as changing a character race for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than, "look how diverse and definitely not racist we are".

Sort of like how they made Edris Elba into Heimdallr. Obviously Mr. Elba is not of Scandinvian origin, but nobody really gave a f-ck becaue he was cast in that position just because he's a badass and it he killed that role. NOT to show how "diverse and un-racist" the Vikings were.

In the case of the Witches, I think Roald Dahl's work (despite him being Norwegian) is distinctly British. That's it's charm and character. All quaint and pommy-like, such as the hobbits from LOTR (thank god they didn't make African and Asian hobbits - although I suppose it's only a matter of time ... with Amazon's new take on it, watch this space). You know, come to think of it, if they cast a little nerdy black boy with glasses in the role, but kept the Norweigian grandma, and kept him as an English boy, I wouldn't really care, if the kid could act. It's the fact they had to make it sooooo black-American-culture that annoys me.

This is turning into a long post, ugh. Anyway, obv. there has been a history of "white-washing" in movies, particularly old ones. But it's not "time to get even" now. That was dumb and a mistake.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:17 pm

This is turning into a long post, ugh. Anyway, obv. there has been a history of "white-washing" in movies, particularly old ones. But it's not "time to get even" now. That was dumb and a mistake.
I suppose there is that feeling among some with the woke movement, that is more a case of getting even rather than doing what's right. The frustration is most people today understand the past si the issue and aren't responsible for these injustices.
Last edited by eldanielfire on Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 4071 »

eldanielfire wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:27 pm
...the Woke trend of race changing characters (a one way trend usually because of politics) is just the current way of studios doing it.
<<Examples of it not just being one way>>
No one claims it is one way.
f**king hell....
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Trend.
C69

Post by C69 »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:17 pm I can see half a point there, but only half a one.

It's not as if they're taking characters set in the Bronx and putting them in Beverly Hills and making them all white a shit. For the most part, they're taking minor characters that nobody knows, most of whom are asian, and casting them for a non-asian audience. I can understand that. It's not at all the same thing as changing a character race for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than, "look how diverse and definitely not racist we are".

Sort of like how they made Edris Elba into Heimdallr. Obviously Mr. Elba is not of Scandinvian origin, but nobody really gave a f-ck becaue he was cast in that position just because he's a badass and it he killed that role. NOT to show how "diverse and un-racist" the Vikings were.

In the case of the Witches, I think Roald Dahl's work (despite him being Norwegian) is distinctly British. That's it's charm and character. All quaint and pommy-like, such as the hobbits from LOTR (thank god they didn't make African and Asian hobbits - although I suppose it's only a matter of time ... with Amazon's new take on it, watch this space). You know, come to think of it, if they cast a little nerdy black boy with glasses in the role, but kept the Norweigian grandma, and kept him as an English boy, I wouldn't really care, if the kid could act. It's the fact they had to make it sooooo black-American-culture that annoys me.

Dahl was Welsh ffs

Oh and as we are talking remakes, Annie was the worse remake ever.
ukjim

Post by ukjim »

4071 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:32 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:27 pm
...the Woke trend of race changing characters (a one way trend usually because of politics) is just the current way of studios doing it.
<<Examples of it not just being one way>>
No one claims it is one way.
f**king hell....
Gandhi wants a word pal
Mog The Almighty

C69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:02 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:17 pm I can see half a point there, but only half a one.

Dahl was Welsh ffs

Well, Dahl is a Norwegian name, and it says on Wikipedia he was Norweigian, and the characters in the Witches are Norwegian. I mean, obviously he is culturaly British, I meant ancestory.

EDIT: double checking that wiki article that I read some time ago, yes indeed. Dahl is a Welshman born to Norweigan immigrants. So I guess we can both claim to be right (I had just assumed he lived in England, but whatever).
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:02 pm https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/1 ... interview/

The world continues its madness.
That’s quite scary

Post by 4071 »

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:29 pm Trend.
Yes. The trend of race-changing characters
...the Woke trend of race changing characters...
Which is apparently a one way trend
(a one way trend usually because of politics)
Except no one had claimed it is a one-way trend. Apparently. Even when they have been quoted claiming that it is a one-way trend.

Because apparently this particular poster doesn't even read his own posts.
Santa

Post by Santa »

4071 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:13 pm
Except no one had claimed it is a one-way trend. Apparently. Even when they have been quoted claiming that it is a one-way trend.

The woke trend is a one way trend unless you want to argue there are conservative woke types. Woke race changing is not, however, the only kind in all of history.
C69

Post by C69 »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:47 pm

Dahl was Welsh ffs

Well, Dahl is a Norwegian name, and it says on Wikipedia he was Norweigian, and the characters in the Witches are Norwegian. I mean, obviously he is culturaly British, I meant ancestory.

EDIT: double checking that wiki article that I read some time ago, yes indeed. Dahl is a Welshman born to Norweigan immigrants. So I guess we can both claim to be right (I had just assumed he lived in England, but whatever).
Gtfo he was Welsh with Norwegian heritage. I have read all his books including the autobiographical "Boy".
It's a decent read if you are interested in him, I read it to my little girl as a bed time story few years ago.
He really was a fantastic human being with a rich and varied life.
Mog The Almighty

C69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:41 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:47 pm

Dahl was Welsh ffs

Gtfo he was Welsh with Norwegian heritage. I have read all his books including the autobiographical "Boy".
It's a decent read if you are interested in him, I read it to my little girl as a bed time story few years ago.
He really was a fantastic human being with a rich and varied life.
You don't have to sell me on Mr. Dahl. He's fantastic. But I'm sorry to say, he was the son of Norweigan immigrants. Although I'm sure all the best bits of Welshness rubbed off on him so cool your jets.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

A great tool for the 21st Century here:
Yelp launches alert to make customers aware of businesses accused of racism.

"At Yelp, we value diversity, inclusion and belonging, both internally and on our platform, which means we have a zero-tolerance policy to racism,"
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/20 ... acism.html

Racist businesses will no longer be able to hide their racial profiling. :thumbup:
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:13 pm
bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:02 pm https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/1 ... interview/

The world continues its madness.
That’s quite scary
I don't get why the police don't appear to have any rational thought or sense here.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

4071 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:13 pm

Wow. You do get into some weird mental gymnastics. The woke trend we discuss is clearly the main reason why it's happening in recent years. That is obvious for any straight thinking person as opposed to a poster not trying to act like an idiot to try to deny the obvious current trend for a bad faith argument.
Mog The Almighty

Protester charged, 11 fined at prohibited transgender rights rally in Sydney

One woman has been charged and 11 others have been fined at a transgender rights rally in central Sydney, after a court granted a NSW Police application to declare the event a prohibited public assembly.

Hundreds of people marched from Taylor Square to Hyde Park on Saturday afternoon to protest against a bill proposed by One Nation politician Mark Latham which seeks to ban schools from teaching gender fluidity.

Hundreds of people marched at a transgender rights rally in central Sydney on Saturday.

On Friday, NSW Police took protest organiser April Holcombe – a representative of Community Action for Rainbow Rights – to the NSW Supreme Court where Justice Geoffrey Bellew prohibited the protest on the grounds of COVID-19 risk.

A prohibition order does not ban a protest outright but leaves participants exposed to criminal sanction for attending, including for blocking roads and breaching COVID-19 regulations.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/pro ... 563vj.html

... just what in the actual f-ck? Seriously? This is getting ridiculous. I guess they all got bored after the BLM thing died down a little bit.

Are there really that many trans-gender people even out there ... and does anyone even give a shit if someone is trans-gender? Who are they protesting against? Apart from some fringe nutjobs, nobody actually cares. Why in the middle of a pandemic?

It irritates me that these social justice warrioring morons are also probably the same type online lecturing everyone about wearing masks or whatever. And as much as I loath One Nation, if they're protesting for the right for schools to teach unscientific nonsense about biological gender then they're even bigger morons.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

It's been a while since I've check in on Sen's reach around thread.

I don't think you're racist at all but I think you're making a mountain out of a fucking molehill. The book exists, there's a more faithful movie adaption out there already, that's not going to change, this is just going to be a different version that you can easily ignore if you don't want to watch it. Like I've ignored the Point Break remake with extreme sports. x(
Mog The Almighty

UncleFB wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:26 am

It's been a while since I've check in on Sen's reach around thread.

I don't think you're racist at all but I think you're making a mountain out of a fucking molehill. The book exists, there's a more faithful movie adaption out there already, that's not going to change, this is just going to be a different version that you can easily ignore if you don't want to watch it. Like I've ignored the Point Break remake with extreme sports. x(
Yes. That is entirely fair enough. COVID is boring, sometimes I just have to feign outrage to see if I can start a shit fight with some justice warriors on PR for my own amusement. Hey, at least I'm honest about it.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

People remember the Witches not the family. They could make the family a transgender grouping and most people would shrug and think 'I don't remember this but whatever'
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:30 am Yes. That is entirely fair enough. COVID is boring, sometimes I just have to feign outrage to see if I can start a shit fight with some justice warriors on PR for my own amusement. Hey, at least I'm honest about it.
:lol: :thumbup:

You're a good egg Mog.

Now go cook something and take pictures of it so we can shit on it.