Planet Rugby Forum
https://forum.planetrugby.com/

Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!
https://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90957
Page 10 of 10

Author:  happyhooker [ Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

I've never seen occam spelt like that before. Didn't know it had another variant.

Author:  dinsdale [ Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

happyhooker wrote:
I've never seen occam spelt like that before. Didn't know it had another variant.

William of Ockham. I suspect they wanted to make him sound Greek or something - the pretentious twats.

Ockham is on my regular cycle route, pretty but too small to even have a pub these days.

Author:  6.Jones [ Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

dinsdale wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
I've never seen occam spelt like that before. Didn't know it had another variant.

William of Ockham. I suspect they wanted to make him sound Greek or something - the pretentious twats.

Ockham is on my regular cycle route, pretty but too small to even have a pub these days.

Latin. Ockham was spelt Occam, back in the day.

Author:  happyhooker [ Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

dinsdale wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
I've never seen occam spelt like that before. Didn't know it had another variant.

William of Ockham. I suspect they wanted to make him sound Greek or something - the pretentious twats.

Ockham is on my regular cycle route, pretty but too small to even have a pub these days.

If a village doesn't have a pub, does it even exist?

Author:  dinsdale [ Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

happyhooker wrote:
dinsdale wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
I've never seen occam spelt like that before. Didn't know it had another variant.

William of Ockham. I suspect they wanted to make him sound Greek or something - the pretentious twats.

Ockham is on my regular cycle route, pretty but too small to even have a pub these days.

If a village doesn't have a pub, does it even exist?

It used to have a decent pub - The Hautboy - long turned in to a house. The nearest pub is the Black Swan (aka the Mucky Duck) whose claim to fame is it's where the pub scene in 'An American Werewolf in London' was filmed - now gastro. Ockham only had 11 houses in the Domesday book so it hasn't grown much. I can see why he left for the continent.

Author:  CrazyIslander [ Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

Didn't realise Ghislaine is pronounced Eilsine.

Author:  happyhooker [ Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

CrazyIslander wrote:
Didn't realise Ghislaine is pronounced Eilsine.

Pretty sure she pronounces it gee lane

Author:  CrazyIslander [ Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

happyhooker wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Didn't realise Ghislaine is pronounced Eilsine.

Pretty sure she pronounces it gee lane

Ok, I just heard it pronounced Eilaine.

Author:  Achahoish [ Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

CrazyIslander wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Didn't realise Ghislaine is pronounced Eilsine.

Pretty sure she pronounces it gee lane

Ok, I just heard it pronounced Eilaine.


Gee-lane

Author:  Duff Paddy [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

happyhooker wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Didn't realise Ghislaine is pronounced Eilsine.

Pretty sure she pronounces it gee lane


:lol:

Author:  CrazyIslander [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

:blush: Oh G.. :lol:

Author:  Last Line [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

Randy Andy pronounced it Gullen in his car crash interview with Emily Maitlis.

Author:  CrazyIslander [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

Also the victim Guffre is pronounced Gurf-frey instead of Gaffer.

Author:  eldanielfire [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

The hardest thing for the police and FBI here must be navigating the world of posh names and their pronunciations. It's entirely possible that two officers can be discussing the same person without realising it.

Author:  MungoMan [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

Last Line wrote:
Randy Andy pronounced it Gullen in his car crash interview with Emily Maitlis.

The man is an imbecile.

Jizzlying.

Jizz.Lying.

Author:  Hellraiser [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

kiap wrote:
Waratah wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
The simplest answer is he didn't want to be a world infamous pedo in prison after living the life he did, saw no hope and ended it.
That's it. There's no grand conspiracy.

The first part is undeniably true. That is the simplest answer. I'm a fan of the Ockham's razor principle, that removing all unnecessary assumptions leaves the most likely explanation.

There are always exceptions though, and I have to confess to being drawn to the theory that Epstein & Maxwell were running a honeytrap operation for Mossad. I know, I know, and I'm usually among the first to laugh at any conspiracy theory, but there's some plausibility here. There are a number of direct links between both of them to Israeli intelligence. It's certainly not out of the question.

Yeah, I think there's some small window for doubt on Epstein's death.

On Ockham's parsimony principle, its clear-thinking enlightenment rationalism can be misapplied to social interactions and devious human minds with infinite variables.

The closer to the physical sciences it is, the better it is applied.



You're out by four centuries there for Ockham; it would be a scholasticism, not rationalism.

Author:  kiap [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jeffrey Epstein gggooonnnee!!!

Hellraiser wrote:
kiap wrote:
Waratah wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
The simplest answer is he didn't want to be a world infamous pedo in prison after living the life he did, saw no hope and ended it.
That's it. There's no grand conspiracy.

The first part is undeniably true. That is the simplest answer. I'm a fan of the Ockham's razor principle, that removing all unnecessary assumptions leaves the most likely explanation.

There are always exceptions though, and I have to confess to being drawn to the theory that Epstein & Maxwell were running a honeytrap operation for Mossad. I know, I know, and I'm usually among the first to laugh at any conspiracy theory, but there's some plausibility here. There are a number of direct links between both of them to Israeli intelligence. It's certainly not out of the question.

Yeah, I think there's some small window for doubt on Epstein's death.

On Ockham's parsimony principle, its clear-thinking enlightenment rationalism can be misapplied to social interactions and devious human minds with infinite variables.

The closer to the physical sciences it is, the better it is applied.



You're out by four centuries there for Ockham; it would be a scholasticism, not rationalism.


Fair. I realised my enlightenment fuckup about ten minutes after posting but left it in.

Page 10 of 10 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/