Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:05 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
Lobby wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
New guy wrote:
I think 16 years sounds reasonable. They should be made to serve it all though, none of this out in 8 for good behaviour shite.

Agreed. But that is what will happen unless the press highlight it in 8 years. I still can't believe it's not classified as murder however.

In his sentencing remarks the Judge said

"You killed a talented, brave young police officer who was going above and beyond his duty in order to provide a public service and you did so because you deliberately decided to expose any police officer who got in your way to death"

Strikes me that that is as close as he can get to saying the Jury got it wrong, and I should be sentencing you for murder.

Oh, and they will only be eligible for parole after serving 2/3 of their sentence, so the driver will have to serve 11 years, and the other 2 scumbags, 9.

At which point they'll continue subjecting the population to their complete and utter disdain for society and the law. They're going to be in and out of prison for the rest of their lives unless they do something that will get them charged with murder. These three are particularly egregious examples, but I've never come across a Traveller who isn't a cunt or being raised to be one.

So much this. Horrible feral vermin.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:08 pm 

BlackMac wrote:
He could have imposed a life sentence with minimum term, that way the bastards would have been in and out of jail every time they committed a minor offence for the rest of their lives. Scum of the earth.

Agreed, although I have seen it suggested that a life sentence would be more likely to be appealed, with the risk that they would end up with significantly reduced sentences.

It’s a relatively big sentence for manslaughter, but still nothing like enough for what these scum did.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:04 pm 

How will these wankers be regarded by the other lags inside? Are cop killers popular? I am rather hoping that some perverse jail logic of morality will come into play and that they will all be someone's new punk by the end of their first day.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:57 pm 

Lobby wrote:
Southernscot wrote:
16 years for the driver, 13 for the passengers - high end of the scale for manslaughter still too light

Pikeys kicking off in the court

The driver also got 25% off for pleading guilty, so his initial sentence would have been 21 years.

24 years. 25% off for guilty plea then 2 years off for his age. 24 years is max under sentencing guidelines with starting point of 18 years. Essentially longest sentence Judge could give under current rules.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:00 pm 

Can the Home Secretary do anything? Be good if she finally did something useful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 pm 

Quote:
A senior police officer has condemned deep-seated prejudice for making it acceptable to label the UK Travelling community “inherently criminal”.

Speaking after the three killers of PC Andrew Harper were jailed for manslaughter, Janette McCormick, deputy chief constable at the College of Policing, said attention was required to tackle the inequality and job prospects facing Travellers.

“There seems to be a deep-seated and accepted prejudice that demonises people from the community. You wouldn’t call any other ethnicity inherently criminal,” said McCormick, also the National Police Chiefs’ Council lead for Gypsies, Roma and Travellers.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/01/end-the-prejudice-against-travellers-police-chief?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1596314508

I bet she’s popular with her fellow officers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:45 pm 

Lobby wrote:
Quote:
A senior police officer has condemned deep-seated prejudice for making it acceptable to label the UK Travelling community “inherently criminal”.

Speaking after the three killers of PC Andrew Harper were jailed for manslaughter, Janette McCormick, deputy chief constable at the College of Policing, said attention was required to tackle the inequality and job prospects facing Travellers.

“There seems to be a deep-seated and accepted prejudice that demonises people from the community. You wouldn’t call any other ethnicity inherently criminal,” said McCormick, also the National Police Chiefs’ Council lead for Gypsies, Roma and Travellers.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/01/end-the-prejudice-against-travellers-police-chief?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1596314508

Can't help thinking that the Traveller's Cultural Representative's time would be better spent dealing with the bad behaviour within the Traveller community rather than calling the settled community racist for complaining about their behaviour.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:05 pm 

Lobby wrote:
Quote:

"Irish" traveller is not an ethnicity ffs and those are the majority that most seem to encounter in the UK.

I was assaulted twice by travellers as a teen, while friends of mine suffered far more regularly as they went out more than introverted me. A shop I worked at regularly had to call the police to deal with shoplifters who turned out to be travellers (a couple of whom I recognised from one of my assaults). Temping at that same shop just after graduation a pack of young travellers ran in tipping stock off the shelves and ran out pissing themselves laughing over such a jolly wheeze.

I taught traveller kids who'd be missing for months at a time and make us dearly wish they never attended at all for the brief time they were in school. Absolutely feral and pathologically incapable of receiving an instruction with kicking off, even something as minor as "Hand these out to the class".

Witnessed them occupy half the car park near my office for 2 weeks before the police managed to move them on with rubbish ranging from broken appliances to human excrement left in their wake and a catalogue of petty crimes (as picked up in the local paper) on the uni campus next to the car park.

Said it above, not once have I had a positive experience of a Traveller and I don't know anyone else who has either.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:38 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
Lobby wrote:
Quote:

"Irish" traveller is not an ethnicity ffs and those are the majority that most seem to encounter in the UK.

I was assaulted twice by travellers as a teen, while friends of mine suffered far more regularly as they went out more than introverted me. A shop I worked at regularly had to call the police to deal with shoplifters who turned out to be travellers (a couple of whom I recognised from one of my assaults). Temping at that same shop just after graduation a pack of young travellers ran in tipping stock off the shelves and ran out pissing themselves laughing over such a jolly wheeze.

I taught traveller kids who'd be missing for months at a time and make us dearly wish they never attended at all for the brief time they were in school. Absolutely feral and pathologically incapable of receiving an instruction with kicking off, even something as minor as "Hand these out to the class".

Witnessed them occupy half the car park near my office for 2 weeks before the police managed to move them on with rubbish ranging from broken appliances to human excrement left in their wake and a catalogue of petty crimes (as picked up in the local paper) on the uni campus next to the car park.

Said it above, not once have I had a positive experience of a Traveller and I don't know anyone else who has either.

I went to school with a Traveller and I didn't even know he was a Traveller until a couple of years later, although I should have known at the time as his show and tell was about hare coursing! He was alright, well behaved at school, and I still speak to him if I see him out and about. I have also had dealing with Traveller scrap metal merchants, again they were polite and easy to deal with. Both of these had settled homes and were invested in the local community.

However with the travelling traveller community, the only time they have come to my attention has been in a negative way. The main issues being trashing the local shops and leaving a absolute mess when ever they move on.