Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
Is Augsutus confirmed to the Lions?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28494
Location: Chickenrunning...
OomPB wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
What are our lock stocks like for 2020? When Etsebeth got injured, we had no-one who could dominate a lineout or maul. :(

JD Schickerling, Chris van Zyl, Salmaat Roemat, Neethling Fouche, Ernst van Rhyn and PsdT if needed. The Stormers will have a decent pack,


PSDT is a flanker. JD is good, the rest are average. Except Chris van Zyl who is a crap journeyman (fudge knows how he won a Currie Cup) :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
Sandstorm wrote:
Chris van Zyl who is a crap journeyman (fudge knows how he won a Currie Cup) :?


Sharks had to have an off day at some point.....but we sorted that out .... :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1442
Sandstorm wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
What are our lock stocks like for 2020? When Etsebeth got injured, we had no-one who could dominate a lineout or maul. :(

JD Schickerling, Chris van Zyl, Salmaat Roemat, Neethling Fouche, Ernst van Rhyn and PsdT if needed. The Stormers will have a decent pack,


PSDT is a flanker. JD is good, the rest are average. Except Chris van Zyl who is a crap journeyman (fudge knows how he won a Currie Cup) :?


David Meihuizen played in the last two Stormers game. Has a massive future in rugby. I will be seeing him at a celebratory function this evening. Wiese can play lock although I prefer him on the flank.
I am not a fan of Chris Van Zyl, dont believe he is Super rugby level. Schickerling/Moerat will be key for us. Moerat and Meihuzen are still youngsters just out of under 21.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21856
Location: Struisbaai
Sandstorm wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
What are our lock stocks like for 2020? When Etsebeth got injured, we had no-one who could dominate a lineout or maul. :(

JD Schickerling, Chris van Zyl, Salmaat Roemat, Neethling Fouche, Ernst van Rhyn and PsdT if needed. The Stormers will have a decent pack,


PSDT is a flanker. JD is good, the rest are average. Except Chris van Zyl who is a crap journeyman (fudge knows how he won a Currie Cup) :?

Roemat is more your Etsebeth type. He and van Rhyn is still very young.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
saffer13 wrote:
Is Augsutus confirmed to the Lions?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
Right, time to start planning ahead. Let's start filling in our options by position for the upcoming season. Need some help from my WP folk to add some name. Reply and I'll edit this adding some depth in each spot to build the potential squad.
1. Ginger
2. Bongi/Scarra/Samuels
3. Malherbe/Louw/Sadie
4. Moerat/van Zyl
5. JD/Ernst van Rhyn
6. Kolisi/Jaco Coetzee
7. PSDT/Cobus Wiese/Kobus van Dyk
8. Jaco Coetzee/Trokkie??

9. Jantjies
10. Willemse
11. Senatla
12. Rikus Pretorius
13. Dan duP
14.
15.


Last edited by saffer13 on Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21856
Location: Struisbaai
D dP is a 12. We still have Dillyn Lleyds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21856
Location: Struisbaai
Edwil van der Merwe wing

In the pack we have Jaco Coetzee, Wilco Louw, Carlu Sadie, Erns van Rhyn, Ramone Samuels, exct


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15875
Where will Curwin play?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
OomPB wrote:
Edwil van der Merwe wing

In the pack we have Jaco Coetzee, Wilco Louw, Carlu Sadie, Erns van Rhyn, Ramone Samuels, exct


Forgot about Jaco...might be our answer at 8 if trokkie is going to the Lions. Sadie is interesting because he was looking to transfer to the Lions and was blocked due to WP requesting a 2m transfer fee...maybe doesn't want to stay...?

I thought Leyds was leaving?
Isn't Rikus a 12 as well? That's why I moved Dan to 13, I think he'd be good there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21856
Location: Struisbaai
Chilli wrote:
Where will Curwin play?

At the Tjarks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15875
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Where will Curwin play?

At the Tjarks

Eisch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Where will Curwin play?

At the Tjarks

Eisch.

They can't pay him his worth.
It was just a dream for WP


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21856
Location: Struisbaai
Sards wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Where will Curwin play?

At the Tjarks

Eisch.

They can't pay him his worth.
It was just a dream for WP

Message Alert, repeat message alert: Never reply on my posts, again dont reply on my posts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
OomPB wrote:
Sards wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Where will Curwin play?

At the Tjarks

Eisch.

They can't pay him his worth.
It was just a dream for WP

Message Alert, repeat message alert: Never reply on my posts, again dont reply on my posts.



Message Alert, repeat message alert : Wheres the fun in not responding to your posts...don't worry...WP will be flush with funds once they sell some of their BOKKE as part of the Newlands stadium deal. May even cover Soup season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1442
I would not throw too much mud Sards. Stories/whispers are that all the unions are pretty poorly/on the edge. I understand that a small handful of youngsters have been given contracts at unions. A lot of talented players, including SA schools players are without contract and are joining Varsity Cup Young Guns sides. Expect the VC to be a much more important and rated competition in about two years time when these players filter through. With three VC Universities and the current shield champions on the doorstep we dont have far to go to have access to the talent................


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
Confirmed Wp moving to the new stadium...thank vok


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15875
Sards wrote:
Confirmed Wp moving to the new stadium...thank vok

In 2021?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
I hope Wp / Stormers get their shit together this year...my sons are growing up in a losing culture


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
Sards wrote:
I hope Wp / Stormers get their shit together this year...my sons are growing up in a losing culture

Another parent looking to deflect blame. :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Winterfell
handyman wrote:
Ah, come one boet. Next year is our year. Willemse and Jantjies will realise their potential, and with SP gone and a few injured players fit again, we just might have the backline we've always wanted.


The WP motto :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
saffer13 wrote:
Sards wrote:
I hope Wp / Stormers get their shit together this year...my sons are growing up in a losing culture

Another parent looking to deflect blame. :thumbdown:


Dude... if you follow me on fb you will see I put a lot of effort into my kids sport...Weekends are not there for relaxing... I am more tired on a Monday morning than a Friday night.

The point is that I expect my kids to do there best...and they are not exactly celebrating anything from the region recently...beyond the Springboks which is a national side ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
Sydvicious wrote:
handyman wrote:
Ah, come one boet. Next year is our year. Willemse and Jantjies will realise their potential, and with SP gone and a few injured players fit again, we just might have the backline we've always wanted.


The WP motto :lol:


And I keep hearing how Wunderkind is finally going to reach his potential. ...

I cant vokken wait for the Sharks/ Stormers match...Bosch vs Wunderkind....Nohaaaaammmmba vs Jantjies....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
Sards wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Sards wrote:
I hope Wp / Stormers get their shit together this year...my sons are growing up in a losing culture

Another parent looking to deflect blame. :thumbdown:


Dude... if you follow me on fb you will see I put a lot of effort into my kids sport...Weekends are not there for relaxing... I am more tired on a Monday morning than a Friday night.

The point is that I expect my kids to do there best...and they are not exactly celebrating anything from the region recently...beyond the Springboks which is a national side ...

I don't.

Now stop bitching and count yourself lucky to be living in the best part of SA. plum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
saffer13 wrote:
Now stop bitching and count yourself lucky to be living in the best part of SA. plum.


Pull in for a dop boet...bar is always stocked and ready to go at a flip of the switch....

Then we can discuss this wonderful region we live in...no argument there


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10293
Location: Kenya
How are the Stormers fans feeling about 2020? Has enough changed by way of coaches and players to expect a better season?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14084
assfly wrote:
How are the Stormers fans feeling about 2020? Has enough changed by way of coaches and players to expect a better season?

I'm pretty confident. We are the biggest and best team in Africa, but even the best teams have dips. I feel we will be better this year and within 2-3 years hit a purple patch where we will dominate SA Rugby for a quite a while.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5592
Location: Mzansi
handyman wrote:
assfly wrote:
How are the Stormers fans feeling about 2020? Has enough changed by way of coaches and players to expect a better season?

I'm pretty confident. We are the biggest and best team in Africa, but even the best teams have dips. I feel we will be better this year and within 2-3 years hit a purple patch where we will dominate SA Rugby for a quite a while.

:lol:

Never change boet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10293
Location: Kenya
handyman wrote:
I'm pretty confident. We are the biggest and best team in Africa, but even the best teams have dips. I feel we will be better this year and within 2-3 years hit a purple patch where we will dominate SA Rugby for a quite a while.


Dominating SA is one thing, winning Super Rugby is quite another. Still not seeing anything from any of our teams that looks like they can win it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14084
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:
I'm pretty confident. We are the biggest and best team in Africa, but even the best teams have dips. I feel we will be better this year and within 2-3 years hit a purple patch where we will dominate SA Rugby for a quite a while.


Dominating SA is one thing, winning Super Rugby is quite another. Still not seeing anything from any of our teams that looks like they can win it.

Agreed. I think nz's teams might start to underperform due to players leaving for money.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
assfly wrote:
How are the Stormers fans feeling about 2020? Has enough changed by way of coaches and players to expect a better season?

Same shit different year


Beginning of the year my kids are...." go Stormers "...end of the year its " cmaan Sharks "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1442
assfly wrote:
How are the Stormers fans feeling about 2020? Has enough changed by way of coaches and players to expect a better season?

I am cautiously optimistic. Finances and injuries could be big factors going forward. We certainly have some up and coming talent and our junior/club/varsity rugby is of a very good standard. So there is a big pool to dip into to fill gaps. Dobson is an intelligent guy who also understands the need for team unity and spirit (and lives it). While a good pack of forwards and a solid defensive system is very important I feel the x factor players are the ones that can win games for you in one moment of brilliance. So having those kinds of players in the team with the right mindset is going to be key. Early days.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1442
Sards wrote:
assfly wrote:
How are the Stormers fans feeling about 2020? Has enough changed by way of coaches and players to expect a better season?

Same shit different year


Beginning of the year my kids are...." go Stormers "...end of the year its " cmaan Sharks "


Inherited your flip flopping. True fans stick with their team regardless.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
beachboy wrote:
Sards wrote:
assfly wrote:
How are the Stormers fans feeling about 2020? Has enough changed by way of coaches and players to expect a better season?

Same shit different year


Beginning of the year my kids are...." go Stormers "...end of the year its " cmaan Sharks "


Inherited your flip flopping. True fans stick with their team regardless.


like Blake I gave the Stormers a chance but fme....


poor poor administrators and politics.

it will never ever change


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9069
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
beachboy wrote:
Sards wrote:
assfly wrote:
How are the Stormers fans feeling about 2020? Has enough changed by way of coaches and players to expect a better season?

Same shit different year


Beginning of the year my kids are...." go Stormers "...end of the year its " cmaan Sharks "


Inherited your flip flopping. True fans stick with their team regardless.

He did not even support the Bokke prior to the World Cup

Oke is a shit fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
fan....something that sound around on a central pivot...that's you dude.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21856
Location: Struisbaai
assfly wrote:
How are the Stormers fans feeling about 2020? Has enough changed by way of coaches and players to expect a better season?

I am very optimistic for 2020. We'll have the best pack in S15 rugby with a young and exciting skakelpaar in Damian and Herschell which can ignite any backline. I am hoping that Dobson gameplan will be running rugby like the Ikeys play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
Looking forward to watching a Stormers game in March with 25 other yanks in the stadium :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21856
Location: Struisbaai
Also happy with our fixture list.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrazyIslander, Fangle, Wignu, ZappaMan and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group