Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stormers SR 2020
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:25 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
handyman wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
handyman wrote:
No match fred, so to avoid the trolls, I'm posting here. Up against it this time. We need our forwards to fire, if they don't, our backs don't have a plan B.

Dawie Snyman need to get the backs to fire. I hope we give the Prince a go. Might as well.

Definitely the underdogs for this one. I just don't see our backs firing. Again.

We should try to get Swys de Bruin in for a few sessions.

My issue is with Dobson tbh. I remember posting about him in 2016 when I commented that he should be getting more out of the players he had at his disposal in that CC. The same applies now, even with the three injured players out.

True. You've got a coaching team in place, no need to book a consultant to tell them how to coach.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:56 pm 

handyman wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
handyman wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
handyman wrote:
No match fred, so to avoid the trolls, I'm posting here. Up against it this time. We need our forwards to fire, if they don't, our backs don't have a plan B.

Dawie Snyman need to get the backs to fire. I hope we give the Prince a go. Might as well.

Definitely the underdogs for this one. I just don't see our backs firing. Again.

We should try to get Swys de Bruin in for a few sessions.

My issue is with Dobson tbh. I remember posting about him in 2016 when I commented that he should be getting more out of the players he had at his disposal in that CC. The same applies now, even with the three injured players out.

True. You've got a coaching team in place, no need to book a consultant to tell them how to coach.

While we have only lost one game, I am getting restless a bit with our performances, and we need to be better that we have, specifically on attack. I think we have been "lazy" in our approach to the season and built one style around the Rassie's Bok style. Dobson is a bright intellectual type and I am sure he will be changing things up and does not have an ego, so if he is wrong he will admit and move on. Here is hoping. The momentum of our season rests on this game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:50 pm 

beachboy wrote:
While we have only lost one game, I am getting restless a bit with our performances, and we need to be better that we have, specifically on attack. I think we have been "lazy" in our approach to the season and built one style around the Rassie's Bok style. Dobson is a bright intellectual type and I am sure he will be changing things up and does not have an ego, so if he is wrong he will admit and move on. Here is hoping. The momentum of our season rests on this game.

I agree. Not convinced about Dobson yet, though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:21 am 

saffer13 wrote:
beachboy wrote:

I agree. Not convinced about Dobson yet, though.

Agree re Dobbo. Big match for him to show he can change it up, not only with selection, but with gameplan as well. Stepping it up here will be massive for us.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:03 am 

Quote:
Super Rugby's postponement due to the coronavirus may have come at the right time for the Stormers with injuries wreaking havoc in the Cape side's squad.

Following last Saturday's 24-14 defeat to the Sharks in Durban, two more Springboks were placed on the crocked list.

Prop Steven Kitshoff suffered a torn chest muscle, and according to Netwerk24, he could be sidelined for up to four months. It was initially thought that the injury would only keep him sidelined for between four and six weeks.

Scrumhalf Herschel Jantjies also broke his leg in the encounter at Kings Park and looks set to be out for three to four months.

The Stormers were already without World Cup-winning Springboks Pieter-Steph du Toit, Bongi Mbonambi and Siya Kolisi.

Du Toit has a leg injury and is expected to be sidelined until May, Mbonambi is likely out for the Super Rugby season with a hamstring injury, while Kolisi has been out with a knee injury since the first round of Super Rugby.

To make matters worse, the Stormers could also be without Wales centre Jamie Roberts if the tournament resumes.

The Afrikaans publication is reporting that Roberts needs to return to Britain to renew his visa and would then not be able to travel back to South Africa due to the coronavirus pandemic.

In the last bit of bad news, flyhalf Jean-Luc du Plessis also took a knock to the ribs against the Sharks and had to leave the field.

It's unsure when the tournament will resume, with organisers having suspended play for the "foreseeable future".

- Compiled by Herman Mostert

Oom and Yank, please be aware that this is not meant to troll you or the Stormers. It is merely distributing news and information about the Stormers rugby squad. Please do not be upset with me for posting this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:57 am 

Chilli wrote:
Quote:
Super Rugby's postponement due to the coronavirus may have come at the right time for the Stormers with injuries wreaking havoc in the Cape side's squad.

Following last Saturday's 24-14 defeat to the Sharks in Durban, two more Springboks were placed on the crocked list.

Prop Steven Kitshoff suffered a torn chest muscle, and according to Netwerk24, he could be sidelined for up to four months. It was initially thought that the injury would only keep him sidelined for between four and six weeks.

Scrumhalf Herschel Jantjies also broke his leg in the encounter at Kings Park and looks set to be out for three to four months.

The Stormers were already without World Cup-winning Springboks Pieter-Steph du Toit, Bongi Mbonambi and Siya Kolisi.

Du Toit has a leg injury and is expected to be sidelined until May, Mbonambi is likely out for the Super Rugby season with a hamstring injury, while Kolisi has been out with a knee injury since the first round of Super Rugby.

To make matters worse, the Stormers could also be without Wales centre Jamie Roberts if the tournament resumes.

The Afrikaans publication is reporting that Roberts needs to return to Britain to renew his visa and would then not be able to travel back to South Africa due to the coronavirus pandemic.

In the last bit of bad news, flyhalf Jean-Luc du Plessis also took a knock to the ribs against the Sharks and had to leave the field.

It's unsure when the tournament will resume, with organisers having suspended play for the "foreseeable future".

Oom and Yank, please be aware that this is not meant to troll you or the Stormers. It is merely distributing news and information about the Stormers rugby squad. Please do not be upset with me for posting this.

I see what you did there :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:00 am 

assfly wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Quote:

I see what you did there :roll:

Damn, you caught me out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 am 

Why are the Stormers facing so many injuries year in and year out....?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:13 am 

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/the-c ... -it-2020-3

Quote:
Morticia the Harris Hawk is one of the most unlikely employees you’ll ever see at the Cape Town Stadium.
The humble pigeon, that makes its home roosting in the eaves of the stadium, is proving a real challenge as not only are they messy nesters, but they also have a bad habit of pooping on chairs.
Since Morticia has been scaring the living bejesus out of the pigeons, the stadium saves as much as R100 000 a year just on clean up duty.
She is part of a ‘raptor force’ led by Hank Chalmers, the founder of Eagle Encounters, a birds of prey rescue and rehabilitation centre on the Spier Wine Farm, in Stellenbosch.
For more stories go to http://www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Morticia the Harris Hawk is one of the most unlikely employees you’ll ever meet at the Cape Town Stadium. But, with a stern look and razor-sharp claws, she's making an impact - intimidating a nuisance that is costing a lot of money to clean up after.

Photo Jay Caboz.
Morticia the Harris Hawk is one of the most unlikely employees you’ll ever see at the Cape Town Stadium. Photo Jay Caboz.
The humble pigeon, that makes its home roosting in the eaves of the stadium, is proving a real challenge as not only are they messy nesters, but they also have a bad habit of pooping on chairs, which can take a lot of effort, and money, to clean up before a major event.

“To just clean the top level all of those stands before an event, it would take a group of 20 people 3 days, costing us about R22 000 a shot, to clean it,” said Lesley de Reuck, CEO of the Cape Town Stadium.

Photo Jay Caboz.
The humble pigeon, that makes its home roosting in the eaves of the stadium, is proving a real nuisance as not only are they messy nesters, but they also have a bad habit of pooping on chairs. Photo Jay Caboz.
The pigeons also have a penchant for eating the stadiums rye grass-seed destined to be trod on by footballers and rugby players. At one point the problem was so bad, de Reuck says they could eat as much as 70% of the seed laid on the pitch.

“After an event, like a concert, when there is a stage on the pitch, invariably there are patches of the pitch that need re-growing. Then it’s a focused area which is an even bigger problem because then the birds tend to concentrate in that one spot,” said de Reuck.

Morticia is scaring the living bejesus out of the pigeons and proving a sound solution to the seed thievery and pooping problems. Photo Jay Caboz.
Photo Jay Caboz.
The impact has even seen the stadium save as much as R100 000 a year just on clean up duty. Photo Jay Caboz.
Since Morticia started scaring the living bejesus out of the pigeons the stadium saves as much as R100 000 a year, just on clean up duty.

‘Mort’ is part of Falcon Bird Pest Control, a raptor force owned by falconer Hank Chalmers, the founder of Eagle Encounters, a rescue and rehabilitation centre on the Spier Wine Farm, in Stellenbosch.

Deploying the birds, rather than killing the pigeons using poisons, all forms part of the stadiums’ plan to incorporate eco-friendly solutions. Photo Jay Caboz.
“You’ll see the pigeons react almost immediately. They stick their necks up high and then you know they’re on alert and have seen the working birds,” said Chalmers as he lovingly strokes the massive bird of prey on his arm like a pet dog.

All of the birds are domestically bred, company-owned and specifically trained as working birds.

Photo Jay Caboz.
While using birds to get rid of pests in South Africa might seem like a foreign idea, Chalmers says that it is a common practice in other stadiums around the world. Photo Jay Caboz.
The birds are accustomed to flying in urban and working environments – and are undisturbed by the presence of the public, machinery or vehicles. They've chased pigeons, geese and other pests out of the Cape Town International Convention Centre, Boschenmeer and Pearl Valley Golf Courses, and Cavendish Square.

Mort and her fellow working birds are flown under supervision in and around the buildings at night.

Photo Jay Caboz.
The experienced falconer has been working with Morticia for almost 15 years. Photo Jay Caboz.
The aim is to scare the "pest" birds during their roosting time, which then unsettles them and encourages them to move elsewhere, explains Chalmers.

While using birds to get rid of pests in South Africa might seem like a foreign idea, Chalmers says that it is a common practice in other stadiums, and even airports, around the world. The experienced falconer has been working with Morticia for almost 15 years.

Photo Jay Caboz.
The birds are accustomed to flying in urban and working environments. Photo Jay Caboz.
“Mort is looking a bit ruffled. You see she’s moulting and not looking her best. She’s actually quite a celebrity, she’s starred in quite a few commercials you know,” as Mort ghosts majestically throught the air to plop onto the centre pitch.

Before going out on a job, Chalmers says the birds can only fly when they are light enough which requires monitoring their weight and how much they eat.

“We don’t actually want the birds of prey to catch them, we want them to live to tell the tale to the other birds in the area,” said Chalmers.

They have been chasing pigeons, geese and other unwanted avian out of premises like the Cape Town International Convention Centre, Boschenmeer and Pearl Valley Golf Courses and Cavendish Square. Photo Jay Caboz.
Deploying the birds, rather than killing the pigeons using poison, all forms part of the stadiums’ plan to incorporate eco-friendly solutions.

“Raptor bird pest control and using the techniques of falconry has been found to be the most effective and humane way of relocating problem bird species by making use of the natural instincts imprinted into wild birds before they hatch,” said de Reuck.

Photo Jay Caboz.
Mort is a bit of a show bird, having starred in a number of commercials. Photo Jay Caboz.
Among some of the other interventions include turning down water pressure to taps, using harvested water to do major cleaning in the stadium, and using energy saving light bulbs.

And with a busy schedule of events coming up, with both PSL and rugby, there may be a lot more work for Morticia and her feathered friends.

Sards, please don't have anything crappy to say about shit, stadiums and the Stormers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:38 am 

Dude...Chilliman....its not in my heart....

I am generally a very kind person....ask my staff.

I cant say that I understand what they are going through currently because I cannot remember feeling like that. But I can empathise......

Peace to my brothers....Namaste.....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:51 am 

Still am shocked regards those injuries....

Is it the game plan...I mean we had the same issue with the Stormers last year...

Or is it bad management

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:10 pm 

Chilli wrote:
Quote:

Just cancel the season already.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:32 pm 

Chilli with all the injuries and kak. We did not fight for wood as you and your poes expected.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:38 pm 

OomPB wrote:
Chilli with all the injuries and kak. We did not fight for wood as you and your poes expected.

Eh?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:45 pm 

Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Eh?

I think PB is suggesting that you use a houtpiel.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:50 pm 

Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Eh?

Free dooswyn at the Co-op tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:15 am 

What happened to SP Marais....surely the Stormers could use him now...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:16 am 

Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Eh?

I think he is trying to say that the Stormers wont get the wooden spoon this year...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:19 am 

Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Eh?

You and poes Sards trolling is making PR a kak place to visit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:26 am 

OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Eh?

With all due respect you and handyman deserve all the kak you get ( and its been very minimal) because of the kak you and handyman posted on every Sharks match thread about our players and our scrum and wishing the opposition beats us...

Tbh the Sharkies have been very gracious after destroying the Stormers except for me. I am going to make you suffer for all the kak you posted about the Sharks and their players even tho we agreed to keep it civil this year. .You lot won a few games and then got very arrogant and stunk up the place...welcome back to reality.

You gave it you must be able to take it old man...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:44 am 

Sards loop naai jou hand.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:45 am 

OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Eh?

Is your house made of glass?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:45 am 

OomPB wrote:

Cheers...I will make sure I wash my hands before and after...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:54 am 

Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Eh?

Ja. Baie glas vir die roes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:56 am 

Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Onthou om alkohol te gebruik dat jou voelkop kan skoonbrand

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:25 am 

OomPB wrote:
Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Onthou om alkohol te gebruik dat jou voelkop kan skoonbrand

Dude your butt is sore....

You and handyman made your names gat...

Eggmen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:27 am 

OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Eh?

Ja. Baie glas vir die roes.

Hou op met bakstene te gooi.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:33 am 

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRu ... g-20200317

Quote:
This was hardly how it was meant to be.

Grand old Newlands, which first opened in 1890 and hosted its first international a year later, has been left in considerable limbo about when its emotion-laden, first-class swansong occasion will actually be this year due to the coronavirus and its already damaging impact on global sports scheduling.

Heaven forbid, will it now get its fitting finale of some sort at all, ahead of the intended shift of professional rugby to Cape Town Stadium in 2021?

Register your interest for the British & Irish Lions tickets in South Africa 2021

As things stand, Newlands is earmarked to host its last ever Springbok-level match on July 4: the first of two home Tests against Scotland.

But just how impacted is that now going to be by the indefinite suspension of Super Rugby after only seven ordinary-season rounds?

Sanzaar CEO Andy Marinos has said that completion of this year’s tournament will be unlikely if the halt in activity stretches beyond four or five weeks - something that seems increasingly likely, and with a potential knock-on effect into the mid-year international window.

In the first three weekends of July, the Boks tackle Scotland at both Newlands and then Kings Park (July 11), followed by a once-off Test against Georgia at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium (July 18).

Many countries may well still be in varying stages of ongoing lockdown at that point, probably making more feasible a return to “normality” in major rugby only when the annual Rugby Championship comes around between early August and late September.

The snag there is that Newlands was bypassed for the four-nation event this year, with the home Tests given to Ellis Park (v Argentina, August 8), Loftus (v Australia, September 19) and Mbombela Stadium (v New Zealand, September 26).

Arguably no less appealing to Capetonians than giving the now tatty but tradition-steeped ground an appropriate, sufficiently high-level send-off through the Test against moderate Six Nations customer Scotland, would have been hosting a knockout-phase Super Rugby match or two involving the Stormers.

As it is, remaining ordinary-season obligations at Newlands against the Rebels (March 28), Waratahs (April 4), Sharks (April 18) and Lions (May 23) are severely endangered.

The dreamiest scenario for the long-suffering Stormers faithful under normal circumstances, preceding the pandemic, would have been for the team - having slipped to seventh overall with successive defeats after an earlier 4/4 record - to advance all the way to a beautifully-timed, maiden hosting of the final at the soon-to-disappear venue on June 20.

The franchise have never previously staged the showpiece, the closest being when they were beaten 33-18 there by the Highlanders in a 1999 semi-final (had they won, they would have banked a Newlands final as they had ended normal season higher than eventual champions the Crusaders).

Similarly, the Stormers would have had rights to the 2012 final, but for being pipped 26-19 by the Sharks at the ground in a semi.

Plenty of observers will have been downwardly revising - a bit like wobbling stock markets - their thoughts on the franchise going all the way this year, anyway, given the events of the last two or three weeks.

While Saturday’s defeat to the in-form Sharks in Durban was more understandable, that debilitating, lame 14-33 setback at Newlands against the Blues just ahead of the bye weekend was very costly.

But the Stormers’ shares have plunged even more deeply in another respect: a devastating recent sequence of injuries.

Tipped for prosperity in 2020 on the grounds of having several keynote, World Cup 2019-winning Springboks on their books, those ranks have suddenly thinned to a quite ghastly extent, with longish-term layoffs now affecting all of Steven Kitshoff, Bongi Mbonambi, Siya Kolisi, Pieter-Steph du Toit and Herschel Jantjies.

If Super Rugby were to resume more quickly than we anticipate, there is a high risk that the Stormers, shorn of their most critical weaponry, will recede to relative also-rans.

Oom and Yank, please note that I have copied and pasted this article from a reputable News organisation, no Yank it is not "fake news".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:57 am 

No need to try explain what you did. All posts from you will be seen as trolling. Like your poesemvriend.

Stormers are use to play without their Boks. Its the sacrafrice we do for Nienaber and his Springbokke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:07 am 

OomPB wrote:
No need to try explain what you did. All posts from you will be seen as trolling. Like your poesemvriend.

Stormers are use to play without their Boks. Its the sacrafrice we do for Nienaber and his Springbokke

You can use all that hand sanitiser and toilet rolls you stockpiled to wipe your butt hurt ass dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:27 am 

OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Eh?

Much better place with them on ignore oom, try it...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:29 am 

Tbh oom, the rancid bait that ken and sards are throwing in the water and you keep on biting. You're fueling the fire. Just put them on ignore and be done with it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:34 am 

handyman wrote:
Tbh oom, the rancid bait that ken and sards are throwing in the water and you keep on biting. You're fueling the fire. Just put them on ignore and be done with it.

:lol:

You couldn't resist checking could you....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:55 am 

To be honest I am more dissapointed at Club Rugby and Schools rugby being postponed or cancelled. Hawthornden, the home of Wynberg Rugby, the Green Mile or the False Bay Constantia fields have a bigger home my heart, more than Newlands. I think traditionalists like myself have gotten to grips with Newlands closing a year or two back. I only go once a year to watch Schools Rugby.

I did an article and interview with Chris Pope last month, which also covered that try he scored when WP beat the All Blacks at Newlands. I was there that day. Will always have that memory and a few others.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:59 am 

Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:

You couldn't resist checking could you....

Please don't quote him...............

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:03 am 

OomPB wrote:

Are you an 8-Eye multi?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:26 am 

Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Are you an 8-Eye multi?

They enjoyed giving it but cant take the heat in getting it....Karma is a bitch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:54 am 

Sards wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Are you an 8-Eye multi?

They enjoyed giving it but cant take the heat in getting it....Karma is a bitch

Oom is going looney. He trolls other bordies, swears at them and calls them names then playsthe victim.

I think that he has Corolla Virus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:05 am 

I heard carburettor cleaner helps for that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:15 am 

Average Joe wrote:
I heard carburettor cleaner helps for that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next