Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 am 

Gavin Henson and Jeremy Guscott spring to mind.

Aussie Phil Kearn’s. Heard some of his commentary and comments and he does come across as a bellend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:30 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Sinkers wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
Matthew Ridge was (probably still is) an arrogant piece of work. Never understood the chemistry between him and Marc Ellis - who was a good guy the couple of times I met them.

Funnily enough, I was out one night with Ridgey, who I'd always thought to be a dick until I met him that day, Marty Devlin and later that night, Marc Ellis...the Dick of the Day was Zinzan Brooke, who I ran into later that night...it was the night of the 2003 RWC Final in Sydney, I'd been up to no good with Devlin, Ridge and Nicky Watson and we had arranged to meet Ellis at the bar du jour...finally got in, saw Brooke holding court at the bar, he was a favourite AB of mine in his playing days, I introduced myself and said I just wanted to pay my respects...he proceeded to hang shit on me about my "tea-towel" Ben Sherman to amuse his friends so I told him to get f**ked and went back to my group...

Zinzan can fudge right off if he doesn’t appreciate a gingham Ben Sherman.

My thoughts, exactly...

Zinny has gone up in my estimation, I hate Ben Sherman. All the twats in the pubs in the UK wore Ben Sherman, it was like a uniform. Then it came ton NZ, by NZ I mean Auckland. I went to a stag party in Auckland one night and there were two of us not wearing matching Ben Shermans - it was like a version Attack of the Clones.

Lenny wrote:
msp. wrote:
Sinkers wrote:
Campo - complete knobhead
Fitzy - grumpy miserable git. But it was just after his retirement and he just seemed bitter about everything.

I always thought Campo would be ok one to one, just plays up to the media..

Ftzy - heard that he thinks he is alway correct..

Fits is very friendly with my daughter’s friends family, and he pitched up with them in a local pub in Strandhill one evening and he apparently was the picture of good grace and friendliness. We were away at the time and were a bit surprised to get a photo of Fitz and my daughter and a few locals.

Met the ABs in a pub in Greystones in 1989 the day they travelled to Dublin after they’d beaten Wales. I as with a mate who was very friendly with Frank Botica, with whom he’d played with in Aus, and when he asked Buck Shelford to stand into a photo with us Shelford was incredibly nasty and aggressive to Botica. I’d have told him to fcuk off there and then, but he’s is fcuking enormous and I’m a coward.

Weird story, Frano and Buck are pretty good friends and basically carried a rugby team (North Harbour) from 3rd to 1st Division in the 1980s. I was chatting with them both at the NZ Maori rugby display in the viaduct in the 2011 RWC and they were extremely friendly (to me and each other).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:31 am 

Zinny was a cúnt when he was at harlequins. Absolute bellend.

Last edited by happyhooker on Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:33 am 

More stories about Zinzan please.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:38 am 

Floppykid wrote:

I have half a dozen, but I've just realised what time it is.

Him standing at a urinal next to my mate, then turning round and pissing all over him, knowing he could get away with it because he had most of the quins academy boys out with him was a particular highlight.

The sexual assault case that didn't get to court despite there being several credible witnesses (of which I was the least) stands out as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:41 am 

Floppykid wrote:

I can do a non Bellend one (probably wont put a dent in the bellend ones), when I was 12 I played in a schoolboy rep rugby tournament and the might Auckland team had just travelled down to smash my beloved Magpies by about 60 odd points. On their bus ride back to Auckalnd they stopped in and watched some of the schoolboy rugby. We were playing as they were mingling and had hopped on the bus, but when they saw us come of the field a few of them jumped back off and came and talked to us for about 15 minutes - Zinny had about 10 bags of (I assume sponsors) lollies (sweets) that he handed out to us while chatting.

A year later he was doing a book signing and I took an Auckland jersey along to get signed (my sister loved Zinny but couldn't get out of school) and Zinny remembered meeting me from the year before and we chatted about the tournament (sadly we didn't win it).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:53 am 

Jamie Heaslip.. brings dog into cafe that has a sign saying no dogs. Sits at a table with some girls.. "Did you watch the game the last day". Top shelf knob material that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:34 am 

Floppykid wrote:

He was hanging with some friends of my brothers after an AB test in Dunedin. One of the ladies asked Zinzan where one of the guys had gone and Zinny said, “Here he is”, and flopped out his wanger. Weirdo.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:50 am 

YOYO wrote:
Gavin Henson and Jeremy Guscott spring to mind.

Aussie Phil Kearn’s. Heard some of his commentary and comments and he does come across as a bellend.

Kearns is quality outside of the commentary box.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:00 am 

mr bungle wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

He was hanging with some friends of my brothers after an AB test in Dunedin. One of the ladies asked Zinzan where one of the guys had gone and Zinny said, “Here he is”, and flopped out his wanger. Weirdo.

Sorry to tweak the narrative but I was with a mixed group (English, Canadian, Kiwis) who met Zinzan at Twickers and he was pleasant company. Joked about coming out the wrong exit when we accosted him but then chatted amiably for five or so minutes, including about his upcoming holiday to Portugal. Didn't seem to mind me repeatedly calling him "Zinny" like I'd played alongside him for Auckland for five years.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:04 am 

I haven't met too many rugby legends but I'm pleased to say none of them were bellends during my brief discussions with them.

Michael Jones, Inga Tuigamala, Grizz Wylie, Jeff Probyn, Zinzan Brooke, Lima Sopoaga, Ben Smith, Leon MacDonald, Jock Ross, John Smitheram.

Edit: And of course Carl Hayman and Tom Willis (not quite legend status) who I played against at uni. Didn't speak to them but they were hard but fair players.

All seemed like good jokers.

Last edited by jdogscoop on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:08 am 

Quote from further back: "Ftzy - heard that he thinks he is alway correct......."

He's not related to Mike Hosking is he.......?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:37 am 

Fitzpatrick was an arsehole when I met him in HK. Our company paid for him (and several others) to appear at the HK10s. We gave him a cheque for $20,000 towards the Canterbury earthquake fund and he proceeded in his speech to thank the wrong company.. when this was pointed out to him he said he didn’t give a fcuk he was just there for the free trip (maybe it was his sense of humour but it went down like a fart in a spacesuit). Then he was chatting in a group with a lovely Irish colleague of mine who was a massive rugby fan (and really knows her stuff).. he was pissed and belligerent and said something along the lines of ‘what would you know you’re just a fuckin woman’. She wasn’t in tears because she has a hide like a rhino but she was gutted that one of her idols was such a monumental bellend. By contrast Tana Umaga was a bloody lovely bloke.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:42 am 

jdogscoop wrote:
...Carl Hayman ...

Turns out not so much.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:03 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:
...Carl Hayman ...

Turns out not so much.

Does his beating off the pitch?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 am 

jdogscoop wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:
...Carl Hayman ...

Turns out not so much.

Does his beating off the pitch?

Convicted of domestic assault last year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:23 am 

Jeremy Paul.

My brother was drinking in a West Sydney pub and Paul was mouthing off all night, pissed.

Joe Public quietly stepped him outside and gave him his beans.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:42 am 

Todd Clever showed up to a youth touch session with our club, and proceeded to spend the whole game picking on the youngest, smallest kid on the pitch (shirt-tugging, off the ball hits, cheap shots etc). Because it’s funny if the national team captain illegally stops a kid scoring a try the first time. Less so the 10th time. I think he realized the joke had got old when somebody shouted at the kid to “fcuking hit him if he does that again.”

The lads all said Carlin Isles was dead sound when he came to the club.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:44 am 

DOB wrote:
Todd Clever showed up to a youth touch session with our club, and proceeded to spend the whole game picking on the youngest, smallest kid on the pitch (shirt-tugging, off the ball hits, cheap shots etc). Because it’s funny if the national team captain illegally stops a kid scoring a try the first time. Less so the 10th time. I think he realized the joke had got old when somebody shouted at the kid to “fcuking hit him if he does that again.”

The lads all said Carlin Isles was dead sound when he came to the club.

So, to conclude.

Clever: Dick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:21 am 

UncleFB wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Sinkers wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
Matthew Ridge was (probably still is) an arrogant piece of work. Never understood the chemistry between him and Marc Ellis - who was a good guy the couple of times I met them.

Funnily enough, I was out one night with Ridgey, who I'd always thought to be a dick until I met him that day, Marty Devlin and later that night, Marc Ellis...the Dick of the Day was Zinzan Brooke, who I ran into later that night...it was the night of the 2003 RWC Final in Sydney, I'd been up to no good with Devlin, Ridge and Nicky Watson and we had arranged to meet Ellis at the bar du jour...finally got in, saw Brooke holding court at the bar, he was a favourite AB of mine in his playing days, I introduced myself and said I just wanted to pay my respects...he proceeded to hang shit on me about my "tea-towel" Ben Sherman to amuse his friends so I told him to get f**ked and went back to my group...

Zinzan can fudge right off if he doesn’t appreciate a gingham Ben Sherman.

My thoughts, exactly...

Zinny has gone up in my estimation, I hate Ben Sherman. All the twats in the pubs in the UK wore Ben Sherman, it was like a uniform. Then it came ton NZ, by NZ I mean Auckland. I went to a stag party in Auckland one night and there were two of us not wearing matching Ben Shermans - it was like a version Attack of the Clones.

Lenny wrote:
msp. wrote:
Sinkers wrote:
Campo - complete knobhead
Fitzy - grumpy miserable git. But it was just after his retirement and he just seemed bitter about everything.

I always thought Campo would be ok one to one, just plays up to the media..

Ftzy - heard that he thinks he is alway correct..

Fits is very friendly with my daughter’s friends family, and he pitched up with them in a local pub in Strandhill one evening and he apparently was the picture of good grace and friendliness. We were away at the time and were a bit surprised to get a photo of Fitz and my daughter and a few locals.

Met the ABs in a pub in Greystones in 1989 the day they travelled to Dublin after they’d beaten Wales. I as with a mate who was very friendly with Frank Botica, with whom he’d played with in Aus, and when he asked Buck Shelford to stand into a photo with us Shelford was incredibly nasty and aggressive to Botica. I’d have told him to fcuk off there and then, but he’s is fcuking enormous and I’m a coward.

Weird story, Frano and Buck are pretty good friends and basically carried a rugby team (North Harbour) from 3rd to 1st Division in the 1980s. I was chatting with them both at the NZ Maori rugby display in the viaduct in the 2011 RWC and they were extremely friendly (to me and each other).

Weird maybe, but true. There was a lot of alcohol involved as the ABs were on a massive bender the day after the Welsh game. Either way I tossed the photo in the bin when my mate gave me a copy a couple of weeks later.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:09 am 

mr bungle wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

:lol:

Tbf that’s not exactly the worst behaviour in the world - more ‘players showing their bellends’ than ‘players being bellends’

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:39 am 

backrow wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Tbf that’s not exactly the worst behaviour in the world - more ‘players showing their bellends’ than ‘players being bellends’

:uhoh: That's pretty f**king bad tbf.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:41 am 

crash 669 wrote:
backrow wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

:uhoh: That's pretty f**king bad tbf.

Pretty much the standard behaviour of uni rugby sides up and down the land on a Wednesday night.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 am 

Why is why everyone else loathes them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:20 am 

Ollie Le Roux

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:42 am 

mr bungle wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:39 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:

Wasn't Zinney in a studio in England for the 2003 final?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:25 am 

mr bungle wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

She probably asked for 'Fitzpatrick' and he misheard it as 'his fat dick'.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:34 am 

Isn't Zinny the player that fell from a taxi?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:31 am 

Zinny gave me free tickets to Randwick vs All Blacks outside the Coogee Bay Hotel, top bloke.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:12 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

Played against him when he was at Windsor, made time for everyone in the bar afterwards and had the good grace not to kill our nob of an openside who punched him at a ruck so he could say he had punched him.

Sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:34 pm 

Quote:
I have a feeling that JJ had a bit of an issue with alcohol. Locals were fairly 'that's just the way John is' - I met him about 4 or 5 times and he was fairly drunk every time.

Suddenly World Rugby's pipeline of law amendments makes sense...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:18 pm 

This thread is full of hate speech.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 am 

Ryan Grant is an absolute plum.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:25 am 

I assume no one has mentioned Olly Barkley due to it being the most taken as read thing that's ever been posited?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:33 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Diego wrote:
Seán O'Brien and Peter O'Mahony are the two I've heard most frequently. SOB more when he's on the piss (lol) tbf, POM is apparently a bit weird and not at all personable.

Apparently POM cuts the grass in his garden every weekend. Is absolutely obsessed with having a pristine lawn.

Every neighbor or person I've know who is obsessive about their lawn has been a twat. Starting up leaf-blowers at 7am on a Sunday, going on about their "rights" when you ask them to give it a rest one morning, constantly mowing their f**king lawn at weird times without a care for their neighbors, running sprinklers during water restrictions, etc. Not saying that makes POM one of them, but it's definitely a bad sign that you're a bit of a plum in my experience.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:38 am 

Tim Visser had a mention yet? Prick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:12 pm 

I went to the London Irish centenary dinner and one of the tables was all players just getting sh1tfaced. They were to a man total cvnts to anyone who tried to talk to them. I should point out that it was by no means all the players, the more mature, social ones were spread around sponsors tables. Conor O'Shea for example was a thoroughly decent and charming man the few times I met him (though I can't remember if he was at the dinner).

I have to say, I am reluctant to label people total bellends due to a one-time encounter, though obviously if you only meet someone once you only have that experience to judge them on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:33 pm 

Steamin Beamin wrote:
Ryan Grant is an absolute plum.

I'd love to hear why. I played for years with his brother, may be its genetic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:05 pm 

UncleFB wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I can do a non Bellend one (probably wont put a dent in the bellend ones), when I was 12 I played in a schoolboy rep rugby tournament and the might Auckland team had just travelled down to smash my beloved Magpies by about 60 odd points. On their bus ride back to Auckalnd they stopped in and watched some of the schoolboy rugby. We were playing as they were mingling and had hopped on the bus, but when they saw us come of the field a few of them jumped back off and came and talked to us for about 15 minutes - Zinny had about 10 bags of (I assume sponsors) lollies (sweets) that he handed out to us while chatting.

A year later he was doing a book signing and I took an Auckland jersey along to get signed (my sister loved Zinny but couldn't get out of school) and Zinny remembered meeting me from the year before and we chatted about the tournament (sadly we didn't win it).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that never happened.

Unless you mean it went like this.

You: Can I have my jersey signed Mr Brooke?
Him: grunt
You: You gave me some lollies last year at a rugby game, do you remember me?
Him: grunt
You: cool.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next