OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

All things Rugby
backrow

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

Post by backrow »

sewa wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:55 am Who wrote that Spectator drivel? It's full of opinion and unsubstantiated conjecture.
That’s pretty much the entire thread then - would you like some links and facts then ?
backrow

Post by backrow »

backrow wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:04 am
sewa wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:55 am Who wrote that Spectator drivel? It's full of opinion and unsubstantiated conjecture.
That’s pretty much the entire thread then - would you like some links and facts then ?
A quick google shows it’s a economic strategist for a wealth management company, he’s likely to be more clued up about things than a sports Internet forum full of council workers and telecoms engineers and medical supply chain managers

https://www.spectator.co.uk/writer/gerard-lyons
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

It’s full of facts. As I said nothing much except an electronic switch of reporting destination has occurred.

It’s not opinion or conjecture.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

backrow wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:11 am
A quick google shows it’s a economic strategist for a wealth management company, he’s likely to be more clued up about things than a sports Internet forum full of council workers and telecoms engineers and medical supply chain managers

Yeah like the time all the Brexit loons questioned the Governor of the Bank of England :lol:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:44 am

Yeah like the time all the Brexit loons questioned the Governor of the Bank of England :lol:

And rightly so, Carneys predictions have been woefully incorrect.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

DragsterDriver wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:55 am All hail Amazon!

Strange times.
Can anyone be bothered to do a search for swarm posts about Amazon workers' rights etc?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

RodneyRegis wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:24 am

Strange times.
Can anyone be bothered to do a search for swarm posts about Amazon workers' rights etc?

Bought off by 22 trucks a day.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Strange times.
The Brexiteer summed up.

Somebody else check I couldn't be bothered
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:29 am

Strange times.
The Brexiteer summed up.

Somebody else check I couldn't be bothered
:nod:
Petej

Post by Petej »

For none Brits wondering why we are so poorly informed:
https://twitter.com/g_gosden/status/135 ... 49442?s=19

This is what passes as news and information for the uk public. You would think they would want to speak to some sort of regulatory expert in this area, but no. Celebrity businessman tick, boomer generation tick, spouting shite tick, doesn't understand what brexit actually means tick. The nobody saw it coming is hilarious. These regs have been around for decades, we probably helped write them.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

My main issue with the post brexit debate isn't the way the EU and their citizens have acted. If they want to act like a spurned girlfriend that then that is a matter for them,

My main issue is with the British politicians and commentators who have turned into EU apologists. They defend without thought any action by the EU and take delight in any failure the UK suffers and are clearly annoyed by any success the UK has.

Regardless of what happens in the future, I cannot imagine that the British electorate will reward such EU apologists at the ballot box. If anything all this EU apologism is counterproductive and just turns off the swaying voter.

I liken it to a war. You may not agree with the declaration of war, but what you don't do is become Lord Haw Haw or Jane Fonda and actively take the side of the opposition.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

OK. Tell us the respective trades of OTC derivatives, Interest derivatives and FX which took place in UK/NDL during Jan pls?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

mdaclarke wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:04 pm My main issue with the post brexit debate isn't the way the EU and their citizens have acted. If they want to act like a spurned girlfriend that then that is a matter for them,

My main issue is with the British politicians and commentators who have turned into EU apologists. They defend without thought any action by the EU and take delight in any failure the UK suffers and are clearly annoyed by any success the UK has.

Regardless of what happens in the future, I cannot imagine that the British electorate will reward such EU apologists at the ballot box. If anything all this EU apologism is counterproductive and just turns off the swaying voter.

I liken it to a war. You may not agree with the declaration of war, but what you don't do is become Lord Haw Haw or Jane Fonda and actively take the side of the opposition.
Pigdog harkens back to the war shocker
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:43 pm
mdaclarke wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:04 pm My main issue with the post brexit debate isn't the way the EU and their citizens have acted. If they want to act like a spurned girlfriend that then that is a matter for them,

It's a metaphor

What is a "pigdog". I assume it is a racial slur but I've never seen anybody else us it apart from you.
C69

Post by C69 »

mdaclarke wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 pm

It's a metaphor

What is a "pigdog". I assume it is a racial slur but I've never seen anybody else us it apart from you.
Seriously :lol:
Stupid schweinhund
Not a Python fan then child?
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

C69 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:51 pm

It's a metaphor

Stupid schweinhund
No Monty Python were big years before I was born. Watched life of Brian once but didn't find it funny, (apart for the People's Front of Judea part!!!)

The Comedy of my era is Only Fools and Horses, Blackadder, One Foot in the Grave and Red Dwarf.

TV was at its peak in the late 80s to early 90s
Zico

Post by Zico »

mdaclarke wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:04 pm

Literally the post above yours contains a link of a man making a complete fool of himself because he believes the lies he's been fed by Brexiters. If you let that go unchallenged you'll end up like the US with millions of idiots wound-up and ready for violence over something that never happened. Be careful what you wish for.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Zico wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:12 pm

Literally the post above yours contains a link of a man making a complete fool of himself because he believes the lies he's been fed by Brexiters. If you let that go unchallenged you'll end up like the US with millions of idiots wound-up and ready for violence over something that never happened. Be careful what you wish for.

The “Rick stein” revolutionaries...... :lol:
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

No problem with it being challenged, no problem when the Remainers

1 call out Brexiteer lies

2. are pleased when the EU is successful.

the issue I have is when the Remainers:

1. Are annoyed with any British Success

2. Are pleased with any British Failure

3. Apologise/excuse the EU when it acts in an unreasonable manner (regardless of whether it is lawful by the strict letter of the law)

EDIT: I do not classify Non British Citizens are Remainers. Only British Citizens can be Remainers.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

It's a metaphor

Stupid schweinhund
Or a long time before that.....A very funny Norman Wisdom in a movie called 'The square peg'
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Stein is an avid remoaniac. He's hardly going to get crowds swarming. Flies maybe.
message #2527204

The Sun God wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:32 pm

It's a metaphor

Stupid schweinhund
Or a long time before that.....A very funny Norman Wisdom in a movie called 'The square peg'
Oxymoron alert
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

It's a metaphor

You keep going on about voters and blank the 48% of the qualifying electorate who chose Remain.

When "competition" (which UK propaganda asserts it likes) is confused with being "like a war", the nationalist manipulators have indeed "won". There is no need to assume emergency powers, to censor the dissemination of facts and dissenting opinion, nor to (metaphotically) round up and imprison EU residents.

Sadly a manipulated, nationalist fringe of otherwise decent Leavers have been emboldened in their utter stupidity. And there are no sweet words that I could utter that may have persuaded you otherwise.

We ought to be more "at war" with Russia or China or Saudi/Iran even. You are well and truly brainwashed.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

shereblue wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:46 pm

It's a metaphor

You keep going on about voters and blank the 48% of the qualifying electorate who chose Remain.

When "competition" (which UK propaganda asserts it likes) is confused with being "like a war", the nationalist manipulators have indeed "won". There is no need to assume emergency powers, to censor the dissemination of facts and dissenting opinion, nor to (metaphotically) round up and imprison EU residents.

Sadly a manipulated, nationalist fringe of otherwise decent Leavers have been emboldened in their utter stupidity. And there are no sweet words that I could utter that may have persuaded you otherwise.

We ought to be more "at war" with Russia or China or Saudi/Iran even. You are well and truly brainwashed.
I disagree with that.

No problem when the Remainers

3. Apologise/excuse the EU when it acts in an unreasonable manner (regardless of whether it is lawful by the strict letter of the law)

It feels that the Remainers want to drive the ship into the rocks and sink it because they don't agree with where it is headed.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Re use of the term ‘war’ - I guarantee that had it been Boris that triggered a16 re the NI border, the term ‘act of war’ would have been used and perhaps sadly even some violence. However, as it was the Eu that made his abortive attempt to throw Ireland under ze bus, it barely gets a mention.

To some, it’s literally anything the UK does = bad, Eu =good and above reproach. It amuses how desperate some are to see the UK fail, and their attempts to prove this whilst dismissing any and every counterclaim.

Re financial services , I doubt there will be any trade war as such, just sabre rattling in much the same way pretty much every prior discussion has been whether it’s been about fish, ireland, trade etc
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

https://youtu.be/0nndFkXAFo4

Brexit...a bit shit
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

backrow wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:06 pm Re use of the term ‘war’ - I guarantee that had it been Boris that triggered a16 re the NI border, the term ‘act of war’ would have been used and perhaps sadly even some violence. However, as it was the Eu that made his abortive attempt to throw Ireland under ze bus, it barely gets a mention.

To some, it’s literally anything the UK does = bad, Eu =good and above reproach. It amuses how desperate some are to see the UK fail, and their attempts to prove this whilst dismissing any and every counterclaim.

Re financial services , I doubt there will be any trade war as such, just sabre rattling in much the same way pretty much every prior discussion has been whether it’s been about fish, ireland, trade etc
This 100%.

Yet the same people actually believe that doing this will either (a) win them votes or (b) make people flock to their point of view.

All it does is make them look bitter. The British public haven't voted how they should do so the toys come out of the pram.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:08 pm https://youtu.be/0nndFkXAFo4

Brexit...a bit shit
Tbh if you have to try and quote James o brien to prove anything, he’s the yin to Daily Mail yang and you’ve already lost the argument. Lampard showed him up for what his is.
message #2527204

mdaclarke wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:11 pm
backrow wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:06 pm Re use of the term ‘war’ - I guarantee that had it been Boris that triggered a16 re the NI border, the term ‘act of war’ would have been used and perhaps sadly even some violence. However, as it was the Eu that made his abortive attempt to throw Ireland under ze bus, it barely gets a mention.

This 100%.

Yet the same people actually believe that doing this will either (a) win them votes or (b) make people flock to their point of view.

All it does is make them look bitter. The British public haven't voted how they should do so the toys come out of the pram.
Mate, 40% of Labour supporters think we're the worst country n the western world - they're hardly going to hope we do well. And that's before you get to brexit.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

backrow wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:15 pm

Brexit...a bit shit
Tbh if you have to try and quote James o brien to prove anything, he’s the yin to Daily Mail yang and you’ve already lost the argument. Lampard showed him up for what his is.
In other words everything he said is true and you know it so you're playing the man. :yawn:
Zico

Post by Zico »

backrow wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:06 pm Re use of the term ‘war’ - I guarantee that had it been Boris that triggered a16 re the NI border, the term ‘act of war’ would have been used and perhaps sadly even some violence.
You mean like when Boris was sending warships in to sort out the French?

Thankfully no one takes that clown seriously.
piquant

Post by piquant »

mdaclarke wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:51 pm

It's a metaphor

I disagree with that.

It feels that the Remainers want to drive the ship into the rocks and sink it because they don't agree with where it is headed.
I wouldn't say drive the ship into the rocks, it's more being amused at the clowns unable to navigate a duck pond
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Brexit...a bit shit
In other words everything he said is true and you know it so you're playing the man. :yawn:

I think the Reganite mullet shilling for O’Bingo is where brexit is complete.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Brexit...a bit shit
qed - thanks for proving my previous statement correct
Irish proof = true
UK proof = false

If Boris himself said it was day, you’d say it was night, you saddo
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Zico wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:24 pm
backrow wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:06 pm Re use of the term ‘war’ - I guarantee that had it been Boris that triggered a16 re the NI border, the term ‘act of war’ would have been used and perhaps sadly even some violence.

The EU did when they shat their pants regarding the WA and then the trade deal.
Last edited by bimboman on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gynormus

Post by Gynormus »

Agreed :thumbup: :thumbup:
backrow

Post by backrow »

Had Boris have ordered in warships, then yes - but he didn’t
It was Eu that had its abortive trigger attempt , not us
La soule

Post by La soule »

bimboman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:27 pm

So much bollocks in such a short post.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

piquant wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:25 pm
mdaclarke wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:51 pm

It's a metaphor

I disagree with that.

I wouldn't say drive the ship into the rocks, it's more being amused at the clowns unable to navigate a duck pond
Fair enough, but Sneering at the electorate for daring to vote differently how you want is not a way to win hearts and minds.

Twitter =/= the British electorate
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

La soule wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:30 pm
bimboman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:27 pm

So much bollocks in such a short post.

Your men Macron and Barnier got slapped around by Mutti. It was very funny,
Last edited by bimboman on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.