OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

All things Rugby
bimboman

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

Post by bimboman »

The comedian and TV presenter Patrick Kieltys father was murdered by terrorists in January 1988.
Here is an open letter to Boris Johnson from Patrick written on Twitter in September 2018.
Makes him a poorer judge of the situation not a better one.
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

bimboman wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:40 am
clementinfrance wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:46 am The usual twats comparing sectarian violence that made terrorist bombing campaigns a regular occurence in the UK to a few trade unionists or inner city types burning the odd car...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, France hasn’t had any terrorism in recent years, no sireee.
your point?
La soule

Post by La soule »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:40 am
La soule wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:12 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:53 am
shereblue wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:24 am
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:57 am

Some of us understood the consequence of our vote despite what we were being told.
The Belfast Agreement was the subject of that sacred process called a Referendum . It received a resounding 71% assent from the voters of NI.

Whiney "Get over its" now squealing because their 52:48, racist-supported outcome has hit the buffers. "Obviously", neither the UK referendum nor the yob children of the 29% can override the GFA agreed between the UK, Ireland and the EU.

An Agreement made for 505 million people and brokered by a country of 330 million.

21st Century English exceptionalism at its most embarassing.
Toss not given
Britain's mess to clean up. It will cost the tax payers a few quids. Oh well.

Toss not given here either.
clean what up
The mess in your multiple brains would be a good start.
Sawtooth the Beaver

bimboman wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:42 am
The comedian and TV presenter Patrick Kieltys father was murdered by terrorists in January 1988.
Here is an open letter to Boris Johnson from Patrick written on Twitter in September 2018.
How comfortable
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

Sawtooth the Beaver wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:47 am
How comfortable
Tebbit's judgement went completely awry post Brighton, eh, Bimbo?
La soule

Post by La soule »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:41 am I was expecting the usual racist French to go poking their noses into what does not concern them.
Stay calm Mick.

Your side appears to be wining on the rioting race at the moment, all good.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

shereblue wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:54 am
How comfortable

If he’d called for over turning democracy and the law courts, you’d have made a sensible comparison. I’m amazed to see you support Arlene and her motivation for nonsense though.
Sawtooth the Beaver

bimboman wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:58 am
shereblue wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:54 am
How comfortable

If he’d called for over turning democracy and the law courts, you’d have made a sensible comparison. I’m amazed to see you support Arlene and her motivation for nonsense though.
Ah democracy. But which one?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

*checks thread for first time in months*

*See's it is still a partisan, nationalistic, point scoring hate-fest*

At least trade with France is back to post Brexit levels. Good for both sides.

*leaves*

At least trade with France is back to post Brexit levels.
piquant

Post by piquant »

How comfortable
Weird in isolation to think it good or bad.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

eldanielfire wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:03 pm *checks thread for first time in months*

*leaves*

It's a lot easier now that we don't have the Irish lorries digging up roads and blocking the ports.
Sawtooth the Beaver

message #2527204 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:48 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:03 pm *checks thread for first time in months*

*leaves*

It's a lot easier now that we don't have the Irish lorries digging up roads and blocking the ports.
Can only see reference to this in the Telegraph which I do not subscribe to anymore so cannot see the detail. Good news for French trade deficit if true.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:21 am I find it touching that that the Frenchies take such an interest in our affairs, of course, you would have thought they get their own shit sorted out first before criticising others, but no, plus ca change.
Says the man who dives in for Le Pen every election.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

Leinster in London wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:28 pm
DAC_ wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:21 am I find it touching that that the Frenchies take such an interest in our affairs, of course, you would have thought they get their own shit sorted out first before criticising others, but no, plus ca change.
You're such a gimp.

I've never supported Le Pen, or any other Far Right party, I've just said what I think is going to happen and more often than not, it did.
Sawtooth the Beaver

La soule

Post by La soule »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:29 pm
Leinster in London wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:28 pm
You're such a gimp.

I've never supported Le Pen, or any other Far Right party, I've just said what I think is going to happen and more often than not, it did.
Have you lost your marbles????
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

First 3 words
Eight years ago,
Look I could be wrong, but this all seems very deja vu. BEPS has been on or around the agenda for a while. You ahve to wonder why the US hasn't signed up for it already. Tjhey're as likely to blow it up out of naked self interest or present an alternative that suits them down to the ground but no one else.

Bidens originally the senator for Delaware too which is synonymous with enticing businesses to set up with tax and admin sweetners.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Remainer “ Goldman Sachs are moving to Frankfurt”

https://twitter.com/Jefferson_MFG/statu ... 5360277505

Well expanding in Birmingham,....,

Just how shite is Frankfurt that Brum is better. :lol:
backrow

Post by backrow »

I notice today quietly mentioned that the ONS said UK Jan economy didn’t fall quite as far as they expected (-2.2% instead of -2.9% previously mentioned) and that Feb bounced back by +46% following a -42% fall in jan. not fully seeing the numbers I’m uncertain how the beeb are doing their maths (consecutive or re calced each month) or whether end Feb position is above start jan position or not (84.68%)- but it is interesting that anything remotely positive is semi hidden away compared to the very recent doom and gloom.

Having seen quality of bbc journo maths before it wouldn’t surprise me if end Feb was now at 104 index in reality.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

backrow wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:21 pm I notice today quietly mentioned that the ONS said UK Jan economy didn’t fall quite as far as they expected (-2.2% instead of -2.9% previously mentioned) and that Feb bounced back by +46% following a -42% fall in jan. not fully seeing the numbers I’m uncertain how the beeb are doing their maths (consecutive or re calced each month) or whether end Feb position is above start jan position or not (84.68%)- but it is interesting that anything remotely positive is semi hidden away compared to the very recent doom and gloom.

Having seen quality of bbc journo maths before it wouldn’t surprise me if end Feb was now at 104 index in reality.
The Beeb can only deal in doom, gloom and reporting on women's sports.
backrow

Post by backrow »

This follows the usual pattern:
Official Eu line (and France) is Mais non
Smaller northern countries say yes
Germany initially says nothing , but will crack ze whip and say jahvohl
Official Eu line is then Yes please old bean
France sulks
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

But instead the commission opted to take the opposite course at a closed-door meeting with EU diplomats on Monday, saying it believed that the UK should be left outside on the grounds that post-Brexit Britain is neither a member of the European Economic Area nor the European Free Trade Association.
Just out of curiosity, what is the status of other nations that are neither a member of the EEA nor the EFTA?

With whom can we be compared?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Yer Man wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:20 pm
But instead the commission opted to take the opposite course at a closed-door meeting with EU diplomats on Monday, saying it believed that the UK should be left outside on the grounds that post-Brexit Britain is neither a member of the European Economic Area nor the European Free Trade Association.
Just out of curiosity, what is the status of other nations that are neither a member of the EEA nor the EFTA?

With whom can we be compared?

North Korea again ?
Sawtooth the Beaver

bimboman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:35 pm Remainer “ Goldman Sachs are moving to Frankfurt”

Well, Frankfurt is not 2 degrees away from becoming it's countries capital.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Sawtooth the Beaver wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:11 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:35 pm Remainer “ Goldman Sachs are moving to Frankfurt”

Well, Frankfurt is not 2 degrees away from becoming it's countries capital.

:lol: ,
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Indeed yo-yo indeed.
We see tremendous opportunity to enhance our UK presence and continue delivering for our global clients.”
Global from Birmingham.... :lol:
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

backrow wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:21 pm I notice today quietly mentioned that the ONS said UK Jan economy didn’t fall quite as far as they expected (-2.2% instead of -2.9% previously mentioned) and that Feb bounced back by +46% following a -42% fall in jan. not fully seeing the numbers I’m uncertain how the beeb are doing their maths (consecutive or re calced each month) or whether end Feb position is above start jan position or not (84.68%)- but it is interesting that anything remotely positive is semi hidden away compared to the very recent doom and gloom.

It wasnt just the BBC.

A couple of Financial web sites were reporting the figures as "below par"
Thats with febs GDP being 0.4% rather than the expected 0.5%, which is quite often within the margin of error for GDP figures.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:28 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:33 pm Indeed yo-yo indeed.
We see tremendous opportunity to enhance our UK presence and continue delivering for our global clients.”
Birmingham is a huge city with a population of 3m people including the metropolitan area. It probably has an abundance of suitably skilled people with 3rd level education institutes in the area and is much cheaper all round compared to London. Sounds like a great business choice to expand their UK operations. Technology and banking backoffice type jobs. I’m guessing these jobs won’t be filled by high flying trader types.

“Delivering for our GLOBAL clients”....
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:32 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:09 pm
YOYO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:28 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:33 pm Indeed yo-yo indeed.
Birmingham is a huge city with a population of 3m people including the metropolitan area. It probably has an abundance of suitably skilled people with 3rd level education institutes in the area and is much cheaper all round compared to London. Sounds like a great business choice to expand their UK operations. Technology and banking backoffice type jobs. I’m guessing these jobs won’t be filled by high flying trader types.

“Delivering for our GLOBAL clients”....
Aren’t we all part of a global economy today.

Well Birmingham is.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:40 pm Well isn’t it great news for Birmingham. It’s not like the UK is suddenly going to collapse. It’s one of the worlds biggest economies. Companies will want to continue invest in the UK. The fact it is no longer in the EU might just mean the opportunities are less.

Or more if companies value their IP.
piquant

Post by piquant »

YOYO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:40 pm Well isn’t it great news for Birmingham. It’s not like the UK is suddenly going to collapse. It’s one of the worlds biggest economies. Companies will want to continue invest in the UK. The fact it is no longer in the EU might just mean the opportunities are less.

Brum could use it, crap loads of new office space has gone up just in time for nobody to be using office space.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

Jean Claude trolling the Irish again.
“If Churchill and the British did not do what they did, we would have all become – I don’t want to say Nazi – but we would have lost our freedom. There is an eternal debt of gratitude that Europe owes the British. Eternal.”
https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/jean- ... xit-961807
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

YOYO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:03 pm
piquant wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:43 pm

Brum could use it, crap loads of new office space has gone up just in time for nobody to be using office space.
This must be the case with a lot of big cities around the world. Good luck to Brum. I’ve never been.
Kojak loves the place.
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

Brum is home of the Balti, we all know that.

However, in 2016, bitter Brussels rejected Birmingham's application for protected status for its distinctive delicacy.

Just before the Referendum in fact. The bungling bureaucrats should never have condescended to the Brum Balti.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats- ... h-11371244
Petej

Post by Petej »

YOYO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:16 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:49 pm
YOYO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:40 pm by
Well isn’t it great news for Birmingham. It’s not like the UK is suddenly going to collapse. It’s one of the worlds biggest economies. Companies will want to continue invest in the UK. The fact it is no longer in the EU might just mean the opportunities are less.

Or more if companies value their IP.
That is true. The UK are global standard bearers in many areas.
Due to 4 years of expertise loathing clownery the fact that the Uk has quite a lot of expertise has largely been forgotten. Hopefully, with brexit done or whatever more of the clowns can fudge off in the next reshuffle (Williamson and Patel being top of my moron list, you can't say Johnson doesn't have a sense of humour when he put a weapons grade imbecile like williamson in charge of education).

Birmingham makes sense considering the universities in that area and what they are good at, HS2 and also not everybody wants to spend most their wages to live in a shoebox.
piquant

Post by piquant »

shereblue wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 pm Brum is home of the Balti, we all know that.

However, in 2016, bitter Brussels rejected Birmingham's application for protected status for its distinctive delicacy.

Just before the Referendum in fact. The bungling bureaucrats should never have condescended to the Brum Balti.

We can do that ourselves now. Feck only knows why it's needed though, I've never known anyone say no to a curry but yes to a balti
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

piquant wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:20 pm
shereblue wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 pm Brum is home of the Balti, we all know that.

We can do that ourselves now. Feck only knows why it's needed though, I've never known anyone say no to a curry but yes to a balti
I always thought a balti, like a karahi, was just the dish it's cooked in?
piquant

Post by piquant »

message #2527204 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:12 pm
piquant wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:20 pm

I always thought a balti, like a karahi, was just the dish it's cooked in?
In most Balti restaurants I suspect it's just the dish it's brought to the table in. There's more to the claim than the dish, but the differentiators of the quick cooking, the use of vegetable oil, don't suggest to me anything which needs a protected status. Having grown up eating at Balti restaurants several times a year it wouldn't occur to me to find it odd if encountering a Balti restaurant in Poole or Glasgow
Sawtooth the Beaver

Balti outside of Birmingham typically sucks.

The Balti from Yasser's on the Pershore Road back in the 80's was unsurpassed heaven.
piquant

Post by piquant »

Most baltis in Brum suck. Always thought the table naan could be more usefully widespread however